Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,337 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:07 AM

Delta State Police Denies Involvement In The Deaths Of Woman & Child (Graphic) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Delta State Police Denies Involvement In The Deaths Of Woman & Child (Graphic) (31678 Views)

The Woman Ran Away After Given Birth To This Scary Child [graphic Picture] / Policemen React To The Deaths Of Their Colleagues In Offa Bank Robbery / South African Woman Caught Cooking And Eating A Child (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Delta State Police Denies Involvement In The Deaths Of Woman & Child (Graphic) by ebukajay184: 8:04pm On Jan 20, 2021
Earlier Thread: https://www.nairaland.com/6373798/police-kill-mother-child-warri

Delta State Police Command Denies Its Officer's Involvement In Killing A Woman And A Child (Graphic)

The Delta state police command has denied reports claiming its officers killed a woman and a child at PTI junction in Warri, Delta state on Wednesday January 20, IgbereTV reports.

Eyewitnesses claimed a woman and her child were killed after police officers rammed into a tricycle they were conveying in. According to the residents, the officers were chasing suspected internet fraudsters when they rammed into the tricycle.

However, in a statement released by its spokesperson, DSP Onome Onovwakpoyeya, the state police command said the incident was a multiple-car accident that did not involve the police. According to the statement, the police only arrived at the scene to assist the victims of the accident but were attacked by the irate youths.

Read the statement below.

''The Delta State Police Command wish to put the records straight in respect of the ugly incident that occurred today being 20/1/2021 at about 13:40hrs along PTI Express Way in Effurun, Uvwie LGA of Delta State where a multiple fatal motor/tricycle accident occurred.

The accident involved a Mercedes Tipper with Reg. No. WWR 425 ZR loaded with granite, a Toyota Camry car with Reg. No. AKD 403 FM and a Tricycle Reg. No yet unknown all moving in the same direction and Police vehicle was never involved. Two passengers conveyed by the Tricycle a woman and a baby girl died on the spot and other passengers were injured.

The Delta State Police Command deeply sympathizes with the families of the deceased and the injured persons and equally frowns at the unjust treatment meted to Police officers who went to rescue the victims by members of the public, they went as far as burning the Police patrol vehicle that came for the rescue operation. The Perpetrators of this dastardly act will be brought to book.

The Command also wishes to inform the general public that neither Operation Delta Hawk nor Ebrumede patrol vehicle was involved as speculated earlier

DSP ONOME ONOVWAKPOYEYA

POLICE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER

DELTA STATE COMMAND,

ASABA.

https://igberetvnews.com/1379746/delta-state-police-command-denies-officers-involvement-killing-woman-child-graphic/

Re: Delta State Police Denies Involvement In The Deaths Of Woman & Child (Graphic) by Sonnobax15(m): 8:13pm On Jan 20, 2021
shocked

Another protest is about to unfold..

A neighbor of mine who just came back from warri today told me about this incident...And I was like "na wa oh...

Then,I came in-here and surprisingly,I saw the graphic pic....

33 Likes

Re: Delta State Police Denies Involvement In The Deaths Of Woman & Child (Graphic) by majamajic(m): 8:20pm On Jan 20, 2021
Na wa
Re: Delta State Police Denies Involvement In The Deaths Of Woman & Child (Graphic) by Blakjewelry(m): 8:25pm On Jan 20, 2021
the story on ground is that the yahoo boys actually killed the woman and her kid while running away from the police

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Delta State Police Denies Involvement In The Deaths Of Woman & Child (Graphic) by NextD18: 8:25pm On Jan 20, 2021
the police only arrived at the scene to assist the victims of the accident but were attacked by the irate youths.
What kind of terrible and stupid lies is this ffs?

So all the residents and people around were blind not to know the killers of that innocent woman and her child?

They had to attack and burn the police holiday for no reason?

These officers are shameless liars mehn!

147 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Delta State Police Denies Involvement In The Deaths Of Woman & Child (Graphic) by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jan 20, 2021
RIP to the deceased
The police "are in their usual way" denying their involvement again
Stupid people

23 Likes

Re: Delta State Police Denies Involvement In The Deaths Of Woman & Child (Graphic) by Mokason288(m): 8:36pm On Jan 20, 2021
Blakjewelry:
the story on ground is that the yahoo boys actually killed the woman and her kid while running away from the police
How old are you? And whose phone are you using to post nansense?

139 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Delta State Police Denies Involvement In The Deaths Of Woman & Child (Graphic) by slawormiir: 8:38pm On Jan 20, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright....

Our police are everything but good

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Delta State Police Denies Involvement In The Deaths Of Woman & Child (Graphic) by longetivity(m): 8:39pm On Jan 20, 2021
LIARS, why is the police Van burnt to ashes

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Delta State Police Denies Involvement In The Deaths Of Woman & Child (Graphic) by Evablizin(f): 8:48pm On Jan 20, 2021
Policemen and lies tufiakwa .

5 Likes

Re: Delta State Police Denies Involvement In The Deaths Of Woman & Child (Graphic) by Asquare84(m): 8:52pm On Jan 20, 2021
If the police account of the incident is true let the police show the public the picture of the Mercedes tipper that was involved in the accident

11 Likes

Re: Delta State Police Denies Involvement In The Deaths Of Woman & Child (Graphic) by Kvvngkhalifa202(m): 9:04pm On Jan 20, 2021
Police van kill both while in pursuit of yahoo boys

7 Likes

Re: Delta State Police Denies Involvement In The Deaths Of Woman & Child (Graphic) by Faithfull029(f): 9:23pm On Jan 20, 2021
Wow, so graphic
Re: Delta State Police Denies Involvement In The Deaths Of Woman & Child (Graphic) by FalseProphet1(m): 9:23pm On Jan 20, 2021
I see another protest looming. I see several police station across the country burnt. I see many officers lying dead on the ground. This I have seen.

12 Likes

Re: Delta State Police Denies Involvement In The Deaths Of Woman & Child (Graphic) by Kaypee98(m): 9:23pm On Jan 20, 2021
G
Re: Delta State Police Denies Involvement In The Deaths Of Woman & Child (Graphic) by Mrlouis: 9:23pm On Jan 20, 2021
YET AGAIN, THE LIVES OF INNOCENT, WELL-MEANING CITIZENS IS CUT SHORT AND MEANS NOTHING. HUMAN LIVES LESS VALUABLE TO THE FLIES

3 Likes

Re: Delta State Police Denies Involvement In The Deaths Of Woman & Child (Graphic) by Skill21: 9:24pm On Jan 20, 2021
Naija and bloodshed 5n6
Re: Delta State Police Denies Involvement In The Deaths Of Woman & Child (Graphic) by Oyiboman69: 9:24pm On Jan 20, 2021
And those van belongs to those wheelbarrow pushers abi?...make Satan mess for Una generation.

May we not encounter untimely death in our going out and our coming home in Jesus name....amen

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Delta State Police Denies Involvement In The Deaths Of Woman & Child (Graphic) by Icyexpressions: 9:24pm On Jan 20, 2021
I don't read this story and I wasn't expecting them to claim they know about it. Is it not Nigeria police again?

10 Likes

Re: Delta State Police Denies Involvement In The Deaths Of Woman & Child (Graphic) by ekevwe(m): 9:25pm On Jan 20, 2021
Sonnobax15:
shocked

Another protest is about to unfold..

A neighbor of mine who just came back from warri today told me about this incident...And I was like "na wa oh...

You go lead the protest?
Re: Delta State Police Denies Involvement In The Deaths Of Woman & Child (Graphic) by DoubleEngine007: 9:25pm On Jan 20, 2021
Their lies will never make anyone blive them,even if they were saying the truth.. Look at how they wasted that innocent mother and child.. Now tell me why the perpetrators go die well

6 Likes

Re: Delta State Police Denies Involvement In The Deaths Of Woman & Child (Graphic) by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jan 20, 2021
FalseProphet1:
I see another protest looming. I see several police station across the country burnt. I see many officers lying dead on the ground. This I have seen.

R
U
B
B
I
S
H

5 Likes

Re: Delta State Police Denies Involvement In The Deaths Of Woman & Child (Graphic) by DSC7: 9:26pm On Jan 20, 2021
Denial as usuall......

Exactly 3months after Lekki massacre........

Justice must be served........

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Delta State Police Denies Involvement In The Deaths Of Woman & Child (Graphic) by Sonnobax15(m): 9:26pm On Jan 20, 2021
b
Re: Delta State Police Denies Involvement In The Deaths Of Woman & Child (Graphic) by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jan 20, 2021
I don confuse oo
so wetin the witness con talk na
if the matter is true that the police were involved that means it will turn to riot be that o
Re: Delta State Police Denies Involvement In The Deaths Of Woman & Child (Graphic) by LOVEGINO(m): 9:26pm On Jan 20, 2021
Na dem
Re: Delta State Police Denies Involvement In The Deaths Of Woman & Child (Graphic) by Silvershadow81(m): 9:27pm On Jan 20, 2021
undecidedhow sure are u?
Blakjewelry:
Re: Delta State Police Denies Involvement In The Deaths Of Woman & Child (Graphic) by Ifork4money: 9:27pm On Jan 20, 2021
why blame police instead of to blame the criminal yahoo boys
but that pic i saw there is really touching. seriously thunder go fire both the police and yahoo boys that caused this. if all parties are caught, they should burn them

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ibrahim Dankwambo Escapes Being Kidnapped Along Abuja-Kaduna Highway / 58-year-old Woman, Others Remanded In Prison For Prostitution / Two Nigerians Nabbed With N125m Worth Of Drugs In Philippines

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.