Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,759 members, 7,813,511 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:14 PM

4 Nysc Members, 10 Others Die In Edo Auto-crash - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / 4 Nysc Members, 10 Others Die In Edo Auto-crash (1197 Views)

Corper Dies In Auto Crash In Sokoto After Visiting Mother / Temi Omolabake Corper Who Died In An Auto-crash Last Night / Guide For NYSC Members Participating In 2015 Election: A Case Study Of 2011Elec. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Nysc Members, 10 Others Die In Edo Auto-crash by Nobody: 11:08pm On Apr 02, 2011
vanguardngr.com/2011/04/4-nysc-members-10-others-die-in-edo-auto-crash/

4 NYSC members, 10 others die in Edo
auto-crash
April 2, 2011

News
By SIMON EBEGBULEM

FOURTEEN persons including four
members of the National Youth Service
Corps (NYSC), lost their lives late Friday
night on the Okene-Benin- Lagos road in
a fatal accident involving an 18-seater
commercial Hiace Bus and a tanker.

It was learnt that the dead corps
members were on their way to the
South- East from Abuja and were
supposed to be involved in the botched
National Assembly elections in their
assigned states.

An eye-witness account said the
accident occurred when the tanker
failed break and crashed into the on-
coming East-bound bus. While all the 14
occupants of the bus with number-plate
XV 718 ABC lost their lives, the driver of
the tanker could not be found while the
motor-boy sustained injuries.

It was learnt that it was a gory sight as
bodies of some of the victims were
badly mutilated. The Federal Road Safety
Commission (FRSC), Iruekpen Unit said
the driver of the tanker must have been
over-speeding when his break failed.

The unit’s head of operation, Mr. Eko Otu
Eko, believed that both vehicles must
have been on high speed when the
incident occurred. “The impact was so
serious that you see human bodies
divided into two, with other badly
mutilated beyond recognition.

“We met the police here, I cannot really
tell how this all happened, but over-
speeding cannot be ruled out, ” he
stated.

some quick questions:
what is the job of the Federal Road Safety Corps? Every single week we see accidents on this road but year after year people whos job it is to ensure saftey on federal roads are unable to do just that.

Why have our democratic presidents all been unable to sincerely reduce the occurence of such?

Why is the man (Tony Anenih) that was supposed to construct such roads prancing up and down with our president getting national awards and appointments, instead of facing trial for gross mismanagement of public funds?

i spit on Tony Anenih! These corpers and all other lives lost have left their blood on your hands. Your day is coming.
Re: 4 Nysc Members, 10 Others Die In Edo Auto-crash by iluvnaija: 12:59am On Apr 03, 2011
well said!
Re: 4 Nysc Members, 10 Others Die In Edo Auto-crash by orgasm(m): 8:57am On Apr 03, 2011
I drove past the accident scene at Ewu hill,close to the monastery,on my way to Benin on friday evening at about 4.45pm and was a very gory sight as the accident was very fresh and rain was drizzling on the bodies lying dead on the road.
I counted about 3 male bodies very close to the road with various degrees of mutilations. One was without two legs from the thigh,one was complete n fully dressed and the one very close to the severely smashed bus was in two parts with legs n hands in detached position. The tanker certainly failed brake,left its lane and smashed the bus against a Hill and grounded through the bus to the last seat. The head of the tanker smashed too n wedged into the squeezed bus. I knew right there it would take a miracle for there to be survivors. The area where this accident happened is well tarred,wide and paved. No potholes or what so ever just that is a hill and the tanker was descending.
Re: 4 Nysc Members, 10 Others Die In Edo Auto-crash by Nobody: 9:06am On Apr 03, 2011
May their souls rest in peace. It is a pity that our govt does not have a caring heart
Re: 4 Nysc Members, 10 Others Die In Edo Auto-crash by Nattlil(m): 9:08am On Apr 03, 2011
May their souls rest in peace amen,
Re: 4 Nysc Members, 10 Others Die In Edo Auto-crash by dplordx(m): 9:55am On Apr 03, 2011
Stromae:

vanguardngr.com/2011/04/4-nysc-members-10-others-die-in-edo-auto-crash/

i spit on Tony Anenih! These corpers and all other lives lost have left their blood on your hands. Your day is coming.

Tony Anenih is PDP grin
a vote for GEJ is a vote for these godfather. if GEJ gets there, im sure he will retain the same people. of course, he will bribe them with political appointments for getting him there. even ibori will get a fair share of some appointment. keep killing yourselves,
Re: 4 Nysc Members, 10 Others Die In Edo Auto-crash by daroz(m): 3:50pm On Apr 03, 2011
orgasm:

I drove past the accident scene at Ewu hill,close to the monastery,on my way to Benin on friday evening at about 4.45pm and was a very gory sight as the accident was very fresh and rain was drizzling on the bodies lying dead on the road.
I counted about 3 male bodies very close to the road with various degrees of mutilations. One was without two legs from the thigh,one was complete n fully dressed and the one very close to the severely smashed bus was in two parts with legs n hands in detached position. The tanker certainly failed brake,left its lane and smashed the bus against a Hill and grounded through the bus to the last seat. The head of the tanker smashed too n wedged into the squeezed bus. I knew right there it would take a miracle for there to be survivors. The area where this accident happened is well tarred,wide and paved. No potholes or what so ever just that is a hill and the tanker was descending.

from this eye withness, its obvious it not the fault of the government. However, may their soul rest in perfect peace.
Re: 4 Nysc Members, 10 Others Die In Edo Auto-crash by EkoIle1: 4:20pm On Apr 03, 2011
daroz:

from this eye withness, its obvious it not the fault of the government. However, may their soul rest in perfect peace.

1. Both vehicles were over speeding

2. Brake failure

Is it not the government's job to patrol and enfforce safet regulations on the highways?
Re: 4 Nysc Members, 10 Others Die In Edo Auto-crash by Toonice(m): 4:54pm On Apr 03, 2011
May there soul rest in peace. Amen
Re: 4 Nysc Members, 10 Others Die In Edo Auto-crash by HamidO1(m): 5:27pm On Apr 03, 2011
May their gentle souls rest in perfect peace. Amen
Re: 4 Nysc Members, 10 Others Die In Edo Auto-crash by PhysicsMHD(m): 7:38pm On Apr 04, 2011
r.i.p.
Re: 4 Nysc Members, 10 Others Die In Edo Auto-crash by Kobojunkie: 7:43pm On Apr 04, 2011
[size=13pt]About $300 Billion dollars spentso far in 12 PDP Years[/size]

What do we have to show for all that money? Still

a) No Electricity

b) No good healthcare

c) No good roads

d) Education in dilapidated state

e) No jobs

f) Poverty rate about 30% higher today

These are great reasons to support Jonathan and PDP

Re: 4 Nysc Members, 10 Others Die In Edo Auto-crash by juman(m): 8:35pm On Apr 04, 2011
Sad.

(1) (Reply)

For Lagos Corps Only / Batch B 2016 Prospective Corpers Guide / Corps Members Protest Outrageous Charges By Access Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.