Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,754 members, 7,827,795 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

RAGE; A Flash Fiction And Other Short Literay Works - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / RAGE; A Flash Fiction And Other Short Literay Works (465 Views)

Today's Monday And Other Short Stories / The Mask And Other Short Story / The Genesis (A Flash Fiction Story By Kayode Odusanya) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

RAGE; A Flash Fiction And Other Short Literay Works by Harchoredey(m): 5:14pm On Jan 22, 2021
RAGE
It was a normal day like the other days, we were just laughing and gisting in our usal manner when someone just came and made a statement that stirred me up like that, I told him to stop but he continued then he said something, something very annoying, it irritated my eyes and for the first time in a long time I got angry
She saw it mirrored in my eyes, yes it was obvious. My eyes became totally dark like too abyssmal pools and then it started, it was a storm, the two dark pools that were my eyes began to stir, it began to roil and coil like an angered sea dragon. Then it flashed like thunder, it was a flash of light so subtle and quick that no one would have seen it but she saw it because she focused on me totally. It freaked her out totally and the guy fell down in fear.
But it was only for a moment, she tapped me and said 'what's wrong?', immediately I calmed down and my eyes became clear and normal once again. I asked 'what happened', and I saw a look in her eyes, I could recognise it, I had seen it so much over the years, yes it was FEAR, like she had seen a monster, it made me feel scared of myself, like I had done something bad. I looked at the guy and he ran off in fear.
She then knew, yes she knew; why I had always told her that there was this beast inside of me that only came when I became angry. She had refused to believe it that with how calm and silent I was despite being bullied and angered yet I insisted but she refused. Now she believed, she saw it that evening, yes a word had triggered the beast and it manifested and oh how fearful its manifestation was #flashfiction
Re: RAGE; A Flash Fiction And Other Short Literay Works by Harchoredey(m): 5:15pm On Jan 22, 2021
Meanwhile this is a link to one of my works on Nairaland. Follow me for more beautiful writings

https://www.nairaland.com/6370364/daughter-ideal-father
Re: RAGE; A Flash Fiction And Other Short Literay Works by Harchoredey(m): 5:15pm On Jan 22, 2021
The deathly silence
Those stealthy whispers
That cold grip
I felt it, yes it was Fear
Young man, don't look too far
Stare within
See me mirrored in your eyes
I am Death
#chroniclesofamystic
Re: RAGE; A Flash Fiction And Other Short Literay Works by Harchoredey(m): 5:36pm On Jan 22, 2021
Oh the love I have for poetry...
It is like the waters and the mounts...
Eternal through all ages...
Whenever I feel lost and sad...
I have found solace in poetry...
She has been my greatest pal all through...
She gives me expression even when I'm silent...
Through her I found my voice...
Oh, poetry so dear;
Poetry is Bae
#Thoughts
Re: RAGE; A Flash Fiction And Other Short Literay Works by Harchoredey(m): 8:37pm On Jan 22, 2021
[color=#000099][/color]
TEARS IN SECRET
I have cried for so long
With my cheeks stained with tears
And my eyes swollen with pain
My heart beats painfully
Each beat bringing memories
These are tears people do not see
Tears shed at night
Tears shed in dark corridors
Tears shed in dark corners
Tears muffled with pillows
My emotions have no rhythm
And tears are my only way out
For how long will this continue
For how long will I show a smile
To hide the pain of a wounded heart
For how long will these tears flow
Hidden from the view of the crowd
Because I don't need fake pity
Tears shed... Tears shed
That people never see
#poetry
Re: RAGE; A Flash Fiction And Other Short Literay Works by Harchoredey(m): 6:26am On Jan 23, 2021
LOVE

...But by morning, she knew what she would do. Having made up her mind, she dressed up for the occasion and accompanied by her maids went in to the arena, seating herself beside the King.

The prisoner was led out by a group of guards and he walked boldly to give the King a bow as was the custom. He looked up at the Princess and saw her give so subtle a sign that he might not have noticed it but for extreme focus.

He arose and having made up his mind, he went to the door on his right and opened it behold... Oh no, behold...

With fierce roars and soul shaking cries the Tiger stood and stared. His roars could shake the strongest of hearts and would make the bravest of men become cowards. Hopes dashed, the boy looked at the princess but saw the look in her eyes, yeah he could still trust her, she won't offer him up for death and he wasn't planning on marrying someone else either.

The Tiger walked slowly with the majesty of a King, and the heart of those in the arena shook with each step...what is his fate... Those were the thoughts many had in their mind. Virtually all had given up, least of all the boy's father, he was already mourning and his family sought to comfort him and keep him away from hurting himself.

The Tiger's slow parade made the atmosphere thick with suspense and mystery hung in the air. The King himself seemed surprised-the Tiger ought to have rushed out to tear his prey into pieces- and he watched as to what will happen.

The Tiger stalked and walked and prowled, he went round the boy and stared at him with the wonder with which the master artist stares at his masterpiece. The boy had his heart in his chest and everyone started to grow suspicious...something seemed wrong, the Tiger seemed to actually-don't tell me he likes the boy-... Confusion and suspicion flitted across every mind.

On the part of the Princess, she smiled triumphantly. In the night she had made a risky decision, yes one that could have cost her her life. Using darkness as a cloak, she had sneaked into the Tiger's cage and with patience and wisdom tamed the Tiger, now the Tiger was no longer the brutal, savage beast he used to be, he was a cute little pet, almost like a cat.

The King got annoyed at the suspense and ordered the Tiger to be flogged into action, the Tiger turned to look at the King with its fiercest look and the King calmed down.

Then the Princess with her kindest voice pleaded with the King with so much Love that the heart of the King softened and he ordered the boy to be released and the barbaric custom stopped.

THE END
Re: RAGE; A Flash Fiction And Other Short Literay Works by Harchoredey(m): 7:08pm On Feb 10, 2021
I feel death's deadly grip once again, I
hear his alluring whisper, his dangerous
temptation, that attractive invitation.

Behold what I see; A HANGING ROPE. No,
no I am not going to suicide but still yet,
the shadow of Death has not yet passed.

It hangs consistently as a rope, its calling
unto me to take the move and jump over
the precipice, to damn all consequences
and travel to the other world

This thoughts that drowns and
overwhelms me... Only who the hell
fucking understands me

#thoughtsofamystic
Re: RAGE; A Flash Fiction And Other Short Literay Works by Harchoredey(m): 7:09pm On Feb 10, 2021
THE HANGING ROPE
Hopeless I have survived
In the darkest of nights
My tears have been my food
My sorrow a bed
Flooded with grief
And overwhelmed with sorrow
I trudge on and push through
Determined to survive
Oh, what do I see
Its a hanging rope
A chair underneath
Oh here's an invitation
An invitation by Death
I answer Death's call
And with eyes closed I retreat
Into the darkness of antiquity
Never to be seen among mortals
#despair

(1) (Reply)

A Different Kind Of Real Life Mermaid / Academic Writer / Call For Poetic Sponsors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.