Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

Lying A New Born Baby On His Chest Or Back, Which Is Better - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lying A New Born Baby On His Chest Or Back, Which Is Better (565 Views)

Residents Rescue New Born Baby Dumped In Wild Park Bush In Jos (Graphic) / New Born Baby Wrapped In A Carton & Dumped In The Rain In Portharcourt (Photos) / Signs That Your Woman Is Not A Virg!n, She’s Lying ( A Must See) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lying A New Born Baby On His Chest Or Back, Which Is Better by Fahdiga(m): 12:40pm On Jan 23, 2021
My elder brother's wife recently gave birth to a baby boy and has been lying him on his chest ever since but of recent one of our neighbors told her that it is unsafe to be lying a baby on his chest that the safe way to lay down a baby is on his back. Doctors in the house please your advice is needed
Re: Lying A New Born Baby On His Chest Or Back, Which Is Better by LMS1(m): 12:44pm On Jan 23, 2021
grin let the baby stand and sleep.

this is 2021 we need change!

1 Like

Re: Lying A New Born Baby On His Chest Or Back, Which Is Better by Kriss216: 12:45pm On Jan 23, 2021
The baby can squat and sleep.

This is 2021, things gats change!

1 Like

Re: Lying A New Born Baby On His Chest Or Back, Which Is Better by Fahdiga(m): 12:54pm On Jan 23, 2021
Kriss216:
The baby can squat and sleep.

This is 2021, things gats change!
Was that how you slept when you were a baby

2 Likes

Re: Lying A New Born Baby On His Chest Or Back, Which Is Better by Fahdiga(m): 12:55pm On Jan 23, 2021
LMS1:
grin let the baby stand and sleep.

this is 2021 we need change!

1 Like

Re: Lying A New Born Baby On His Chest Or Back, Which Is Better by TrueChristians: 1:00pm On Jan 23, 2021
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you.

1 Like

Re: Lying A New Born Baby On His Chest Or Back, Which Is Better by illicit(m): 1:08pm On Jan 23, 2021
But the baby no dey complain....

Na to wake up be the most important
Re: Lying A New Born Baby On His Chest Or Back, Which Is Better by Martini101(m): 1:09pm On Jan 23, 2021
The neighbor was right. Sleeping on the back is the safest to avoid SIDS.

Sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS) is the unexplained death, usually during sleep, of a seemingly healthy baby less than a year old. SIDS is sometimes known as crib death because the infants often die in their cribs.

1 Like

Re: Lying A New Born Baby On His Chest Or Back, Which Is Better by LMS1(m): 1:18pm On Jan 23, 2021
Fahdiga:
When I was a baby my parents didn't vote for change grin
Re: Lying A New Born Baby On His Chest Or Back, Which Is Better by hakeemhakeem(m): 3:22pm On Jan 23, 2021
It depends on the babies some find it conducive either ways,my baby slept on her chest most times and she sleeps well
Re: Lying A New Born Baby On His Chest Or Back, Which Is Better by abidoye21722: 4:52pm On Jan 23, 2021
But the baby no dey complain....
Na to wake up be the most important
Re: Lying A New Born Baby On His Chest Or Back, Which Is Better by Hayastark: 10:40pm On Jan 23, 2021
Placing infants on their back is common in cold climes abroad because of sudden infant death. But in Nigeria many have argued that placing a baby on her back can lead to choking. I support placing infant on her chest but without pillow or stuff toys in the crib

(1) (Reply)

Saturday Groove With Burantashi Extra / Akwa Ibom: General Hospital Ikot Ekpene Ready For Commissioning Today / Many Dental Procedures Lack Scientific Backing, Data Review Finds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.