Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,410 members, 7,861,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:13 AM

We Move!!! - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / We Move!!! (193 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

We Move!!! by Abdullahi2016(m): 9:40pm On Jan 25, 2021
He got rich after harvesting from his pepper farm.
The farm was big enough to feed thousands of people.The man after years of suffering,ventured into farming,then got rich.

Though this happened in a Yoruba movie i watched back in 2003, while I was still living in Ijora Badia.As a young boy then ,I was amazed that the pepper we were eating sprouts from a leaf, I couldn't fathom how they grow.

The stages crops pass before their harvesting period is another beautiful thing I love so much in Agriculture.

After some years, I changed my location to somewhere in Ikorodu, Lagos where I witnessed my dad planting and harvesting lots of farm produce.

I was surprised at the idea of yam being harvested from the ground and how pawpaw and mango were plucked from the trees.You will understand this if you haven't been to the village or to any farm before.

Seeing and Learning how poultry farming is handled from our landlady, the way my dad made good returns from his two and half acres of Pineapple farm and plots of cassava farm, Or Should I talk about the rearing of catfish by a fatherly figure, Mentor of mine? I have been exposed to the rudiments of farming,both crops and livestock. It requires a lot of hard work and commitment.

All these exposure contributed to my
interest in farming.The interest came first, then the passion followed.

I resolved to go into it after seeing the "get rich quick in farming scheme".
I started while I was in 300 level. A brother and I got acres of land leased to us by an indigene of the town we lived. I worked all alone on the virgin land;cutting trees, clearing of bush, making ridges amongst other preplanting activities.

I got practical experience within 7months i spent on the farm.

I was faced with a lot of challenges; friends made jest of me, i trekked a large distance to the farm on Saturdays and Sundays.

My interest in farming made me wish to go to the north to serve my country(NYSC) as I had prepared and planned with a senior brother to join him in farming in the north, but as Allah willed, I wasn't posted to there.

I later had cause to go to the north to engage in businesses( buying and selling of farm produce, buying of Ram from the north to south west during Ileya festivals) and to see how farming is done in the north.

Now,Alhamdullillah. I am proud to be a farmer.

Despite all that happened, Farming is one business I had a firm belief in.

Farming is challenging but if you have the financial ability to venture into it, you will overcome most of the challenges..

Note : To be a Successful Farmer, You need to learn the rudiments of farming too.

_Learning is knowing .._

I pray Allah crowns my efforts towards achieving my goals with great success.

*Olaniyan Abdullahi*
*A-express Agro foods��*

(1) (Reply)

Cocoa And Teak Seedlings For Sale At Affordable Price..08060138379 / Dehydrator And Digital Powder Filling Machine / 1 Spectranet, 5 HP Laptops For Sale,mini Laptop �also Available.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.