Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,713 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:36 PM

I Just Recorded A Song With My Life Savings, Am So Depressed Right Now. - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / I Just Recorded A Song With My Life Savings, Am So Depressed Right Now. (20796 Views)

Kanye West Remix Davido’s 'IF' Song With A Mass Choir / How Much Does It Cost To Record A Song In A Studio? / Post A Lyrics Of A Song, And See Who Gets It. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Recorded A Song With My Life Savings, Am So Depressed Right Now. by Ayobami7(m): 5:21pm On Jan 28, 2021
NOTED
Re: I Just Recorded A Song With My Life Savings, Am So Depressed Right Now. by 24countries: 5:21pm On Jan 28, 2021
You'll be fine bruv..

At the end
Re: I Just Recorded A Song With My Life Savings, Am So Depressed Right Now. by 12345baba(m): 5:21pm On Jan 28, 2021
U use style dey market urself pending when this ur latest go drop. We know the song go make sense, send us link when e ready make we download

5 Likes

Re: I Just Recorded A Song With My Life Savings, Am So Depressed Right Now. by Commotfornigeri: 5:21pm On Jan 28, 2021
Iamdbull:
I decided to open a new account to post this, as I am posting this am holding tears back because am inside a bus from Lagos back to my base in Ogun state.

The last thing I want in my life is to be a public figure because am a strong introvert and I hardly go out, I just want to be left alone.

Now during this festive period I travelled to my home state and on getting home, everyone was just talking about my old song and they were disturbing me to freestyle for them.

Deep down this started making me feel like am not following my purpose in life, I started having this feeling that on my dying bed I will live to regret that I didnt following my music career and thinking about the number of people my music could have put smile on their faces. I will never forgive myself, because what is life when you cant use your talent to be of service to humanity.

When I see younger artiste like Omah lay, Bella schmurda, etc I start feeling jealous and envious and the last thing I want is to be envious of another man's success.

Now even though everywhere was a lively mood and everywhere bubbling in the studio. On going home I started becoming depressed looking at the amount of money I spent on recording ( I really wanted the best so I decided to work with an expensive professional sound engineer that worked on Wizkid made in lagos album.

I can't tell anybody about what I did because I will be mocked at home for spending such an amount on my useless music career(as they will say at home). Tears is beginning to roll down my eyes as I write this but fortunately everywhere is dark.

I am panicking and feeling the song will be wack when it comes out and am a good for nothing person. I can't hold back tears in the bus.

Below is a picture of when I was invited by glo to come and perform but I bleeped it up because I was too shy to perform well in front of the crowd, Tuface, D'banj, don jazzy, Wizkid were all present

The reason why am writing this here is because nairaland is my only home. it's my only family. I love you all

Open a youtube channel, I'll be your first subscriber.

If you every put the song on apple, I'll be the first to buy.

I am your fan. Just dont drop the bar or you wont have a repeat customer.

2 Likes

Re: I Just Recorded A Song With My Life Savings, Am So Depressed Right Now. by mekuso89(m): 5:22pm On Jan 28, 2021
That song go blow

1 Like

Re: I Just Recorded A Song With My Life Savings, Am So Depressed Right Now. by amarachi06(f): 5:22pm On Jan 28, 2021
Ahmback:
Focus on your dream and you'll succeed

Why hate yourself so much with this write-up? God will see you through.
To become a man in Nigeria is not beans neither akara. Just be still and trust in God.
Re: I Just Recorded A Song With My Life Savings, Am So Depressed Right Now. by money121(m): 5:23pm On Jan 28, 2021
Ok
Re: I Just Recorded A Song With My Life Savings, Am So Depressed Right Now. by MYZOLE: 5:23pm On Jan 28, 2021
You can still be an introverted artiste. What does think of Lagbaja and M.F Doom..... Both might also be introverts and they decided to use masks to create a separate persona while keeping their private lives private.

1 Like

Re: I Just Recorded A Song With My Life Savings, Am So Depressed Right Now. by Debra911(f): 5:23pm On Jan 28, 2021
Iamdbull:
I decided to open a new account to post this, as I am posting this am holding tears back because am inside a bus from Lagos back to my base in Ogun state.

The last thing I want in my life is to be a public figure because am a strong introvert and I hardly go out, I just want to be left alone.

Now during this festive period I travelled to my home state and on getting home, everyone was just talking about my old song and they were disturbing me to freestyle for them.

Deep down this started making me feel like am not following my purpose in life, I started having this feeling that on my dying bed I will live to regret that I didnt following my music career and thinking about the number of people my music could have put smile on their faces. I will never forgive myself, because what is life when you cant use your talent to be of service to humanity.

When I see younger artiste like Omah lay, Bella schmurda, etc I start feeling jealous and envious and the last thing I want is to be envious of another man's success.

Now even though everywhere was a lively mood and everywhere bubbling in the studio. On going home I started becoming depressed looking at the amount of money I spent on recording ( I really wanted the best so I decided to work with an expensive professional sound engineer that worked on Wizkid made in lagos album.

I can't tell anybody about what I did because I will be mocked at home for spending such an amount on my useless music career(as they will say at home). Tears is beginning to roll down my eyes as I write this but fortunately everywhere is dark.

I am panicking and feeling the song will be wack when it comes out and am a good for nothing person. I can't hold back tears in the bus.

Below is a picture of when I was invited by glo to come and perform but I bleeped it up because I was too shy to perform well in front of the crowd, Tuface, D'banj, don jazzy, Wizkid were all present

The reason why am writing this here is because nairaland is my only home. it's my only family. I love you all
Awwn this is so touching, God will see you through darl
Re: I Just Recorded A Song With My Life Savings, Am So Depressed Right Now. by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jan 28, 2021
Pray about it.
Re: I Just Recorded A Song With My Life Savings, Am So Depressed Right Now. by YouandiAllofus: 5:24pm On Jan 28, 2021
Bros, this is not a new thing and it's still happening to most popular celebs till date! All this are part of the reasons why one needs management. This are the people who feel what you share and share what you feel. So don't feel bad and always remember that the best way to dance is actually in the rain!
Re: I Just Recorded A Song With My Life Savings, Am So Depressed Right Now. by OgwuEgo: 5:25pm On Jan 28, 2021
Start smoking Igbo before you climb stage.

1 Like

Re: I Just Recorded A Song With My Life Savings, Am So Depressed Right Now. by sammugbes(m): 5:27pm On Jan 28, 2021
Write a song on this bro, your stepping stone, don't wallow, sing a song on this, your life.

]I decided to open a new account to post this, as I am posting this am holding tears back because am inside a bus from Lagos back to my base in Ogun state.

The reason why am writing this here is because nairaland is my only home. it's my only family. I love you all[/quote]
Re: I Just Recorded A Song With My Life Savings, Am So Depressed Right Now. by hidhrhis(m): 5:28pm On Jan 28, 2021
Iamdbull:

bro na how much u record the music i wan do the same later on this year
send me a DM lets discuss some things
Re: I Just Recorded A Song With My Life Savings, Am So Depressed Right Now. by SunTzu123(m): 5:28pm On Jan 28, 2021
You have one big, major problem: YOU! Solve that and then start living.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Just Recorded A Song With My Life Savings, Am So Depressed Right Now. by NeoWanZaeed(m): 5:30pm On Jan 28, 2021
We nid to kn0w ur name and d place to download ur tracks. . There is a guy. .boy xander. The guy gud a swear.
Re: I Just Recorded A Song With My Life Savings, Am So Depressed Right Now. by luminouz(m): 5:31pm On Jan 28, 2021
mrfreestuff:

There's something else obviously eating you up and you need to deal with it first.

Why not use your music to voice it out so the burden is off your mind.

You nailed it.

Infact, be should use whatever to fuel his passion. Passionate music is hard to resist.
Re: I Just Recorded A Song With My Life Savings, Am So Depressed Right Now. by WoundedLamb: 5:31pm On Jan 28, 2021
You've never wanted to be a public figure but you've always envied the public figures? Then you did a track and went ahead to give it your all so that you'll "blow" and then you're afraid you may not eventually "blow". I don't understand. Sounds like stories from RuPaul contestants. But it's fine. Wish you the best of whatever it is you really want.
Re: I Just Recorded A Song With My Life Savings, Am So Depressed Right Now. by Sanchez01: 5:32pm On Jan 28, 2021
Iamdbull:

To a reasonable extent, I'd say I'm reserved. The last thing I wanted to do was become a singer but someone dragged me into the choir by chance and I have never looked by since then.

At some point, I flopped so hard I thought I would never do music again. But then i picked up myself and went on again.

Today, I'd say I am a blend of Mike Abdul and Sammie Okposo, charisma-wise. Strangely, when I talk or when I interact with people, one would never see this. Beyonce is reserved and shy as a human but is 'Sasha Fierce' on stage. Don't let your personality rub off on your talent so bad that it relegates you. If anything, it should be a plus to you.

Failure is part of learning. As a matter of fact, I celebrate my failures quite well because they only tell me I need to work more. Success doesn't do that because it is arrogant. The musicians you are envious of have all, at some point had it rough, flopped or thought about giving up. There is an underlying issue that is undefeated here. The sense of failure even when it is yet to arrive is troubling.

Just stay consistent and your needed breakthrough will come. So whether or not the song will flop isn't the problem. Learn how those you envy succeeded but focus more on talented people who never had a breakthrough in the music industry. There's a why.

All the best.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Recorded A Song With My Life Savings, Am So Depressed Right Now. by Nicoddemus(m): 5:33pm On Jan 28, 2021
Iamdbull:

Hmm let me not even talk lipsrsealed
Re: I Just Recorded A Song With My Life Savings, Am So Depressed Right Now. by jaxxy(m): 5:35pm On Jan 28, 2021
Iamdbull:

All I can say is I’m extremely proud of u. U took a bold step and that’s what Life and living is about. I want to wish u well in ur endeavor.

Remember whatever is worth doing is worth doing well. Don’t look for hypers look for critics especially if they can be constructive it’s a sure way to growth. Every artist was once shy and atleast had stage fright. Nothing new there.

Always pursue dreams. It takes work, courage, determination and constant learning.

Finally collaborate and hype the song if the passes the litmus test. Lol. Cheers grin
Re: I Just Recorded A Song With My Life Savings, Am So Depressed Right Now. by OgogoroFreak(m): 5:37pm On Jan 28, 2021
Wack! angry

Please, dont try music again when you have another life savings.
Re: I Just Recorded A Song With My Life Savings, Am So Depressed Right Now. by bet9ja(m): 5:38pm On Jan 28, 2021
Sorry brother, no one has the time to push you, you must push yourself. Please don't hide your moniker, you could have opened a new user name with your stage name.

Take music as a hobby, expect nothing to come from it, just do your things and let things happen naturally. Make sure you spend little money on marketing your song. From your write up, it seems you are not confident in your self. You need to get a couch for that.

My cent

1 Like

Re: I Just Recorded A Song With My Life Savings, Am So Depressed Right Now. by geunik(m): 5:39pm On Jan 28, 2021
You are an introvert. Fine most superstars are. They only show the world another part of them which is not really. Now you don't go to stage for the first time with your eyes naked before the crowd. You need shade. I mean dark eyeglasses. Even tuface and the likes use it in most cases. But the amount you said you spend does not matter. What j am interested is in i hope you no borrow
Re: I Just Recorded A Song With My Life Savings, Am So Depressed Right Now. by Junnior: 5:41pm On Jan 28, 2021
I'm reading the comments on the first page and asking myself if it's Nairaland I'm reading or Reddit. Since when did Nigerians start showing concern and empathy for someone like the op. Wow. I'm impressed!

The Nairalanders I knew would have abused the life out of him for being foolish. Lol

6 Likes

Re: I Just Recorded A Song With My Life Savings, Am So Depressed Right Now. by IduNaOba: 5:44pm On Jan 28, 2021
Iamdbull:

If you work for success but prepare for failure you will fail.
Man can not recieve that for which he is not prepared.
Remove doubts
Promote that song well
Put it on streaming platforms
You will definitely recoup the money and earn loyal fans that will listen to more of your stuff.
You Don blow be that bro!!!
See you at the top!!!!
Ka Chukwu mezie okwu
Re: I Just Recorded A Song With My Life Savings, Am So Depressed Right Now. by THEMORALMEN: 5:44pm On Jan 28, 2021
Guy start small with mix tape and remember to blow no be by sabi sing na by god grace
Re: I Just Recorded A Song With My Life Savings, Am So Depressed Right Now. by Obakoolex(m): 5:46pm On Jan 28, 2021
I also used my last kobo on my musical career years back yet I no blow grin but yet I no die as well....many career in this part of the world is just by grace my brother not always about what you can do, ask dem footballers

1 Like

Re: I Just Recorded A Song With My Life Savings, Am So Depressed Right Now. by booz(m): 5:47pm On Jan 28, 2021
Come and ask me na!

I have been negotiating with a foreign firm, standing my ground on certain amount (a very good rate). At some point the company HR was like, this guy that's asking for big money, let's see what stuff he's made of, and viola! I was scheduled for a video interview.
Seeing the faces of the panel made me lose balance (I still can't believe that happened over a video interview), I screwed up big time!
Though the panel perceived I knew the nitty-gritty of the job, but fed the HR back that I wasn't worth the money I was asking!
Na so the HR guy price me down by a whopping 25%!

I just humbly took it because the sh*tty exchange rate has taken care of the paycut. I'm still mad at myself that I goofed.

So my guy, sh*t happens and you've gotta move on!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Recorded A Song With My Life Savings, Am So Depressed Right Now. by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jan 28, 2021
Sundrus:
All this negativity wey dey inside ur head no go ever let u succeed oh. Purge urself from negative thinking Oga. No be u suffer pass naah undecided

Truly OP, no be only you suffer pass. Listen to this guy (Sundrus) and you have it all solved. Meanwhile, Passion is not enough. Learn the business side of music as well, and maximize it to avoid depression or begging in the nearest future. Meanwhile, change the artwork of the song to something inspiring for goodness sake. Also, exclude the naked or half-naked lady from your next artwork.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Jamaican Reggae Star, Luciano, Stoned In Port Harcourt / Download Raba Raba By Upper X Ft M-honeyz Ft Texy / Download Despacito Sheet Music – Luis Fonsi Ft.daddy Yankee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.