Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,777 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

Need Advice On Starting A Transportation Business - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Need Advice On Starting A Transportation Business (3534 Views)

I need advice on starting a Dry Cleaning Business / Meet G.U Okeke: GUO Transportation Business CEO & His Civil War Story / How To Start A Transportation Business In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Advice On Starting A Transportation Business by SoCurious: 12:33pm On Jan 27, 2021
Good day everyone.
I've been thinking of going into transportation business so, I need advice from y'all.

I'm contemplating between taxify or doing interstates transportation. Which do you suggest?

Secondly, will a toyota sienna or Nissan mercury be good for taxify??

I also need advice and input from people that are already into transportation business. What advice will you give to someone that is just starting up? Will also appreciate if anyone can tutor me on how it's done in the transportation industry.

Currently reside in Ibadan.

Thanks as you share your sincere opinion (s) to help a brother.
Re: Need Advice On Starting A Transportation Business by CrazyMan(m): 1:44pm On Jan 27, 2021
I will advise you to go for interstate transportation. Uber, taxify, bolt...etc are all overcrowded with husslers. They're not as lucrative as they used to be in the past, no thanks to unemployment which has thrown basically almost all the youths into it. Meaning you have a hard time getting customers due to the availability of idle competitors around.

Interstate transportation is still very lucrative, most especially if you're driving long distances. Say like Lagos to the East, or Lagos to the south south, like PH, Uyo.

All you have to do is to buy a bus and register it as franchise under any reputatable existing transportation company and you're good to go. if you're driving it yourself which I will strongly recommend that you do, three trips in a week can fetch you over 400k. The only deductions in your money would be fuel, feeding and the commission you'll give to the company you're operating under, and the rest is yours.

Let me break it down for you.

If you register under AKTC, Lagos to uyo is N15,000.

N15,000 X 15 passengers = N225,000

Fuel (you'll need at least two tanks to get to uyo)
N170 per liter X 140liters two tanks a tank is 70liters = N23,000

Commission for the company you registered under is 10% per trip. 10% of N225,000 = N22,500.

Feeding and miscellaneous = N10,000

Total expenses = N225,000 - N23000 - N22,500 - N10,000 = N169,500.

So your profit per trip = 169,500

If you make at least 3 trips in a week, then you can do the mathematics and know how much money you'll be cashing out. And during season like Easter and Christmas, when transport fares usually skyrocket, you'll be making double of what you're making currently.

You can never make such money in a week with taxify or Uber or bolt.

10 Likes

Re: Need Advice On Starting A Transportation Business by SoCurious: 1:57pm On Jan 27, 2021
CrazyMan:
I will advise you to go for interstate transportation. Uber, taxify, bolt...etc are all overcrowded with husslers. They're not as lucrative as they used to be in the past, no thanks to unemployment which has thrown basically almost all the youths into it. Meaning you have a hard time getting customers due to the availability of idle competitors around.

Interstate transportation is still very lucrative, most especially if you're driving long distances. Say like Lagos to the East, or Lagos to the south south, like PH, Uyo.

All you have to do is to buy a bus and register it as franchise under any reputatable existing transportation company and you're good to go. if you're driving it yourself which I will strongly recommend that you do, three trips in a week can fetch you over 400k. The only deductions in your money would be fuel, feeding and the commission you'll give to the company you're operating under, and the rest is yours.

Commission for the company you registered under is 10% per trip. 10% of N225,000 = N22,500.

Total expenses = N225,000 - N23000 - N22,500- N10,000 = N169,500

So your profit per trip = 169,500.

If you make at least 3 trips in a week, then you can do the mathematics and know how much money you'll be cashing out. And during season like Easter and Christmas, transport fares will skyrocket, meaning you'll be making double of what you're making currently.

Thanks so much for your input and analysis.
Re: Need Advice On Starting A Transportation Business by CrazyMan(m): 1:59pm On Jan 27, 2021
SoCurious:

Thanks so much for your input and analysis.
You're welcome

1 Like

Re: Need Advice On Starting A Transportation Business by uthlaw: 7:24pm On Jan 27, 2021
CrazyMan:

Interstate transportation is still very lucrative, most especially if you're driving long distances. Say like Lagos to the East, or Lagos to the southern south, like PH, Uyo.

Total expenses = N225,000 - N23000 - N22,500 - N10,000 = N169,500.

So your profit per trip = 169,500

If you make at least 3 trips in a week, then you can do the mathematics and know how much money you'll be cashing out. And during season like Easter and Christmas, when transport fares usually skyrocket, you'll be making double of what you're making currently.

this guy get brain like crazyman!

4 Likes

Re: Need Advice On Starting A Transportation Business by ultimatenath1(m): 8:34pm On Jan 27, 2021
@crazyman
Thank you very much for d breakdown analysis, sounded like your response was directed to me. Im looking at buying a sienna for the same purpose...though i currently hav a corolla for personal use which i planned to divert to interstate use....can i still.register it under a company..
Re: Need Advice On Starting A Transportation Business by CrazyMan(m): 11:30pm On Jan 27, 2021
ultimatenath1:
@crazyman
Thank you very much for d breakdown analysis, sounded like your response was directed to me. Im looking at buying a sienna for the same purpose...though i currently hav a corolla for personal use which i planned to divert to interstate use....can i still.register it under a company..
All the transportation companies I know of that accept franchise all make use of buses not sienna, meaning you'll have to sell off the Corolla and add it to the money you're hoping to use for a Sienna and get a bus. Then you're good to go.

For the franchise, I will recommend peace mass transit because they ply almost all the route in Nigeria and have thousands of trusted and dedicated passengers, or AKTC (Akwa-Ibom Transportation Company) cos of the distance...the longer the distance, the higher the price.

And there's something I forget to mention in my previous posts, some companies will permit you one or maximum of two loadings per week (depending on availability of passengers on ground) because they'll want to load their own buses as well as other registered private owners (franchise) like you.

So if you've exhausted your weekly allocation of two loadings, and feel you can still cover up to 3-5 trips in the same week cos you need money, you'll have to bribe the company manager in the park you're loading and you'll be allowed to load even though you're not qualified to do so.

You should also note that bribes ranges from between 15-40k depending on the distance of the journey and the greediness of the manager.

4 Likes

Re: Need Advice On Starting A Transportation Business by Harrisoneze: 4:46pm On Sep 25, 2021
Hmm crazy man your brain � the over work but can’t someone start with sienna if him no get money for bus?
Re: Need Advice On Starting A Transportation Business by ameristu: 10:54am On Sep 26, 2021
ultimatenath1:
@crazyman

Don't try selling your corolla, it would be the worst decision you would make. You can also so interstate with your corolla and even make same money as those using sienna because of fuel consumption, whichever you do, bolt or interstate, stick with corolla.

1 Like

Re: Need Advice On Starting A Transportation Business by Harrisoneze: 4:57pm On Sep 26, 2021
Pls explain how can someone use Corolla for interstate transport thanks
Re: Need Advice On Starting A Transportation Business by Harrisoneze: 4:59pm On Sep 26, 2021
ameristu:

Don't try selling your corolla, it would be the worst decision you would make. You can also so interstate with your corolla and even make same money as those using sienna because of fuel consumption, whichever you do, bolt or interstate, stick with corolla.
Pls explain more on how can someone use Corolla for interstate transport thanks
Re: Need Advice On Starting A Transportation Business by Harrisoneze: 5:00pm On Sep 26, 2021
CrazyMan:

All the transportation companies I know of that accept franchise all make use of buses not sienna, meaning you'll have to sell off the Corolla and add it to the money you're hoping to use for a Sienna and get a bus. Then you're good to go.

For the franchise, I will recommend peace mass transit because they ply almost all the route in Nigeria and have thousands of trusted and dedicated passengers, or AKTC (Akwa-Ibom Transportation Company) cos of the distance...the longer the distance, the higher the price.

And there's something I forget to mention in my previous posts, some companies will permit you one or maximum of two loadings per week (depending on availability of passengers on ground) because they'll want to load their own buses as well as other registered private owners (franchise) like you.

So if you've exhausted your weekly allocation of two loadings, and feel you can still cover up to 3-5 trips in the same week cos you need money, you'll have to bribe the company manager in the park you're loading and you'll be allowed to load even though you're not qualified to do so.

You should also note that bribes ranges from between 15-40k depending on the distance of the journey and the greediness of the manager.
Pls can someone use Sennia for hustle pending when money comes for a bus?
Re: Need Advice On Starting A Transportation Business by ameristu: 6:25pm On Sep 26, 2021
Harrisoneze:

Pls explain more on how can someone use Corolla for interstate transport thanks

I won't explain but recommend you go to a motor park to do your findings since you are going to be the one picking passengers. Go to the motor park closest to you, the drivers are always very friendly and willing to help. Also keep in mind, don't sell your Corolla, it is the best car for transport, whether in state or inter state.
Re: Need Advice On Starting A Transportation Business by Harrisoneze: 12:04am On Sep 27, 2021
ameristu:

I won't explain but recommend you go to a motor park to do your findings since you are going to be the one picking passengers. Go to the motor park closest to you, the drivers are always very friendly and willing to help. Also keep in mind, don't sell your Corolla, it is the best car for transport, whether in state or inter state.
Ok �
Re: Need Advice On Starting A Transportation Business by Jilingori: 4:15am On Sep 27, 2021
I guess this is a presumption you never analyse the most important spending which is mentainance both health wise and that of the car
uthlaw:
this guy get brain like crazyman!
Re: Need Advice On Starting A Transportation Business by jobendokli: 1:58am On Oct 18, 2023
Travelers commuting from Heathrow Airport to Ilford can explore various transportation options for their journey. Ilford, though often seen as a tranquil rural town, boasts a blend of art, crafts, and significant retail sectors. The town also features natural attractions, such as expansive forest reserves on the outskirts.

Ilford offers a variety of experiences, with historical and cultural highlights, museums, entertainment venues, and esteemed educational institutions. When considering your transportation choices, you can opt for trains, buses, or private taxis. Please check and try https://www.dnrtransfer.com/heathrow-airport-to-ilford/ for more information,

Private taxis are a favored choice among travelers, ensuring hassle-free, door-to-door services and convenience. Pre-booking your transfer with a trusted operator like DNR Transfer guarantees transparency in pricing, with a cost as low as £149 for the journey from Heathrow to Ilford.

Train options are available, but they may not always offer door-to-door convenience, with travel durations averaging around an hour. The most chosen train services include Heathrow Express and Elizabeth Line, covering a distance of about 38 km.

Buses, while another option, are less frequent and may involve indirect routes. Operators offer a range of amenities and schedules, making it essential to check in advance.
Re: Need Advice On Starting A Transportation Business by Polasq: 1:17pm On Mar 19
Hello to all. With a global network and a strong reputation for efficiency and quality, FedEx is the ideal service for individuals, businesses, and organizations needing delivery solutions. Anyone who has used their services knows that their package will be delivered on time and nothing will happen to it. But if any difficulties arise with delivery, just contact fedex let them know, and they will try to correct any unpleasant situation, as they value each of their clients.

(1) (Reply)

Russian Economy Crashes In 48hrs: 1 Ruble Is now Equivalent To 5 Naira: PIX / UBA Bank Set On Fire Over New Naira Note Policy / How To Make 5k Daily Doing Phones Charging Business

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.