Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:59 AM

Bill Gates To Nigeria: Wait For GAVI COVID-19 Vaccines - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Bill Gates To Nigeria: Wait For GAVI COVID-19 Vaccines (39382 Views)

2.2m Nigerian Children Not Immunised – UNICEF, GAVI / Okonjo Iweala: Nigeria Might Get COVID-19 Vaccines From January 2021 / India 'Wet Markets' Sell Charred Monkey Hands As Dogs Wait For Slaughter (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bill Gates To Nigeria: Wait For GAVI COVID-19 Vaccines by lalasticlala(m): 3:31pm On Jan 27, 2021
American Philanthropist, Bill Gates, has advised the Nigerian government against diverting its limited health fund into trying to pay a high price for COVID-19 vaccines.

Gates gave the advice on Tuesday night during a virtual press conference ahead of the launch of the 2021 Bill and Melinda Gates Annual Letters.

He said waiting for the GAVI vaccines would be the best thing for Nigeria, and investing proposed vaccine funds into other health-related areas would assist to deepen vaccine coverage and save lives.

Gavi is a global Vaccine Alliance that brings together public and private sectors, creating equal access to new and underused vaccines for children living in the world’s poorest countries.

Gavi is co-leading COVAX, the vaccines pillar of the Access to COVID-19 Tools (ACT) Accelerator. This involves coordinating the COVAX Facility, a global risk-sharing mechanism for pooled procurement and equitable distribution of eventual COVID-19 vaccines.

Mr Faisal Shuaib, Executive Director, National Primary Health Care Development Agency, had said Nigeria aimed to vaccinate 70 per cent of its population to stop transmission of COVID-19.

Shuaib said about 40 per cent of the population would be vaccinated against COVID-19 in 2021, the remaining 30 per cent before the end of 2022.

The Minister of Health, Dr. Osagie Ehanire, had said the Federal Government needed about N400 billion to vaccinate 70 per cent of Nigeria’s 211 million population.

“The key is that Nigeria is still eligible (for GAVI Vaccinee), and so, for a lot of those vaccines, they will come through the GAVI facility that we’ve raised money for,” Gates said.

Gates stressed that the impact of investing funds into the health system, particularly the primary health care system, would be very high in terms of saving children’s lives.

“I’m an advocate for the government to have more resources and prioritise health. Obviously I’m not a voter in Nigeria, so Nigeria can decide that independently.

“So my advice is that the primary health care system is what’s super important and that with those finite resources, you have to prioritise expenditure.

“And in that case, waiting for the GAVI vaccines would be the best thing,”
he said.

According to him, the deaths from the deficits of primary health care were dramatically higher every year than the total deaths going on in Africa from the pandemic.

“So I hope it causes everyone in society to look at these health issues.

“There should be close to 100 per cent coverage of all the vaccines and you need to have those very functional primary health care systems because the number of lives you can save is absolutely huge,” he said. (NAN)

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/01/covid-19-bill-gates-advises-nigeria-to-wait-for-gavi-vaccines/

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bill Gates To Nigeria: Wait For GAVI COVID-19 Vaccines by DenreleDave(m): 3:34pm On Jan 27, 2021
FTC

undecided undecided

So Bill gates abi na Bill windows is telling us that we are part of the poorest nation with the amount of crude oil that we have...

Chaiii.. Who curse Nigeria

See where buhari and our useless leader led us too cry cry

Master Cherez I greet you

Hrreso hresso, I greet you

89 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Bill Gates To Nigeria: Wait For GAVI COVID-19 Vaccines by ProDiverse: 3:35pm On Jan 27, 2021
I don't trust this man.

118 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Bill Gates To Nigeria: Wait For GAVI COVID-19 Vaccines by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jan 27, 2021
Arrrrrrrh

Any body that takes this man's vaccine at his own peril. I have a video where some people where saying some nastic thing. They are whites,

Let me write what they said.

White man 1: Attention using synthetic molecule which is by design are cancer aids.

(Another white man cutting in)

White man 2: For the purpose of sterilization in population control. There is too many people in the planets we need to get rid of, in the words of BILL GATE, atleast 3 billion people need to die. So we will just start up in Africa we will start doing our research there. And we will eliminate most of the Africans because they are worthless, they are not part of this world economy, so they have thier rights taken away, and they are suppressed.

Be very careful with this bill gate guy, it's true he help Africa before and Nigeria. But before a person can poison you he must have make you feel at home and relaxed. And that is what has blind fold most of us

Am not taking any vaccine, I don't have covid 19. That's just the truth!

Modified !!

The fact I say my opinion doesn't mean I force you too follow it. Nairaland is full with people who take drugs for another person's headache. Everybody is entitled to their opinion !

They don't know that the man who is being advised is still the man acting on his free will. He decide weather to take it or not.

154 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Bill Gates To Nigeria: Wait For GAVI COVID-19 Vaccines by DenreleDave(m): 3:41pm On Jan 27, 2021
osamz007:

JUST USE STYLE DEY BOOK SPACE

U go dey okay??
Re: Bill Gates To Nigeria: Wait For GAVI COVID-19 Vaccines by GreenArrow1(m): 3:43pm On Jan 27, 2021
Alright

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bill Gates To Nigeria: Wait For GAVI COVID-19 Vaccines by nairalander2020(m): 3:46pm On Jan 27, 2021
grin
Re: Bill Gates To Nigeria: Wait For GAVI COVID-19 Vaccines by EJanni(f): 3:54pm On Jan 27, 2021
Nigeria is not a poor country, the problem is that we have a bunch of greedy politicians.
They will heed to this advice just to embezzle the funds mapped out for covid-19 vaccine.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bill Gates To Nigeria: Wait For GAVI COVID-19 Vaccines by Sabowest(m): 3:59pm On Jan 27, 2021
Whether is Xavi or Gavi vaccine I no dey take anything

85 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Bill Gates To Nigeria: Wait For GAVI COVID-19 Vaccines by slawormiir: 3:59pm On Jan 27, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bill Gates To Nigeria: Wait For GAVI COVID-19 Vaccines by Brandonx(m): 3:59pm On Jan 27, 2021
He's saying this as though the Nigerian government cares about her citizens.
The only thing they are good at is enriching themselves. They can as well go ahead and procure vaccines for themselves and families.

But on a second thought Bill might actually want the Nigerian government to stall a little to confirm their predictions on people dying on the street.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bill Gates To Nigeria: Wait For GAVI COVID-19 Vaccines by jchioma: 4:00pm On Jan 27, 2021
GAVI? More like COVID!

Even in America, over 40% of the population have rejected the vaccines.

Thanks oga Gates, but no, thanks.

According to him, the deaths from the deficits of primary health care were dramatically higher every year than the total deaths going on in Africa from the pandemic.
sad

Malaria has killed more people in Nigeria in the past 1 month than COVID19 in the last 1 year.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bill Gates To Nigeria: Wait For GAVI COVID-19 Vaccines by nonut: 4:00pm On Jan 27, 2021
He's probably trying to discourage looting by the Nigerian government.
Or, he wants more deaths from Nigeria, since he's surprised we weren't affected the way he imagined it would be.

Just guessing... What do I know?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bill Gates To Nigeria: Wait For GAVI COVID-19 Vaccines by Flier: 4:00pm On Jan 27, 2021
ProDiverse:
I don't trust this man.
Forget the conspiracy theories and celebrate him
He is the only hope we have in Africa
Children and pregnant women are getting about 14 free immunization in africa,this man is responsible for about 8 of those vaccines and he is doing it for free,i mean with his own money.We just have to appreciate him

107 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Bill Gates To Nigeria: Wait For GAVI COVID-19 Vaccines by Bbbwings: 4:00pm On Jan 27, 2021
When will the banana republic actually start doing things by herself and not waiting for handouts.

1 Like

Re: Bill Gates To Nigeria: Wait For GAVI COVID-19 Vaccines by Yahman1(m): 4:00pm On Jan 27, 2021

Something for Conspiracy theorist

to Talk about.

My Joy is that Covid-19 isn't

As serious as it is in other Continents

So if they Have evil intentions

with the Vaccine

it will definitely not Work as they plan

5 Likes

Re: Bill Gates To Nigeria: Wait For GAVI COVID-19 Vaccines by emmyN(m): 4:01pm On Jan 27, 2021
Conspiracy theorist already rushing down to churn out their usual propaganda cheesy.

Thank you Bill Gates. I hope the government of Nigeria listens, that's if they've not already looted the fund budgeted for it.

29 Likes

Re: Bill Gates To Nigeria: Wait For GAVI COVID-19 Vaccines by Abigirlsuen: 4:01pm On Jan 27, 2021
Na so
Re: Bill Gates To Nigeria: Wait For GAVI COVID-19 Vaccines by HeadShot: 4:01pm On Jan 27, 2021
No go near this Gavi stuff...

Gates no pure again for my eyes

10 Likes

Re: Bill Gates To Nigeria: Wait For GAVI COVID-19 Vaccines by blinking001(m): 4:01pm On Jan 27, 2021
Bill should mind his business and stop meddling in our business

6 Likes

Re: Bill Gates To Nigeria: Wait For GAVI COVID-19 Vaccines by Phred1717: 4:01pm On Jan 27, 2021
Got that have seen a subhead.. Why won't they spend, where do you expect them to chop
Re: Bill Gates To Nigeria: Wait For GAVI COVID-19 Vaccines by philip0906(m): 4:02pm On Jan 27, 2021
Why exactly has Bill Gates been carrying this Covid matter on his head? He's not a health minister, neither is he an authority on health matters...

It begins to make one wonder and ask questions...

33 Likes

Re: Bill Gates To Nigeria: Wait For GAVI COVID-19 Vaccines by JuanDeDios: 4:02pm On Jan 27, 2021
ProDiverse:
I don't trust this man.
We don't trust you either.

4 Likes

Re: Bill Gates To Nigeria: Wait For GAVI COVID-19 Vaccines by gurunlocker: 4:02pm On Jan 27, 2021
This man talk like he knows everything about this virus

7 Likes

Re: Bill Gates To Nigeria: Wait For GAVI COVID-19 Vaccines by Mkmoney(m): 4:02pm On Jan 27, 2021
APC always looking for avenues to loot in otherwords bill gate is simply saying that we ain't got Covid-19 down here.... my people perish because they lack wisdom

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bill Gates To Nigeria: Wait For GAVI COVID-19 Vaccines by meobizy(f): 4:02pm On Jan 27, 2021
I won't wait for nor take any useless vaccines. Healthy living plus isolation is my remedy to anything Covid related.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bill Gates To Nigeria: Wait For GAVI COVID-19 Vaccines by NaijaHeadlines: 4:03pm On Jan 27, 2021
Hmm..
Re: Bill Gates To Nigeria: Wait For GAVI COVID-19 Vaccines by wiseone28: 4:03pm On Jan 27, 2021
What can i say?
Re: Bill Gates To Nigeria: Wait For GAVI COVID-19 Vaccines by Funkeshuga(m): 4:03pm On Jan 27, 2021
gaius01:
Arrrrrrrh

Any body that takes this man's vaccine at his own peril. I have a video where some people where saying some nastic thing. They are whites,

Let me write what they said.

I can't upload the video, that is why I draft thier words .

Be very careful with this bill gate guy, it's true he help Africa before and Nigeria. But before a person poison you he must have make you feel at home.

Am not taking any vaccine, I don't have covid 19. That's just the truth!

likewise me and my family

with the Vaccine covid patients are still dying in America, America couldn't save more than buried 400,000 Americans

even visiting hospitals when the vaccine arrive will be dangerous as they can input it in any of the injection

Nigeria govt take rubbish a lot in the course of being western stooge. I will never die of another person ignorance

9 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Man Commits Suicide Over Economic Hardship In Nigeria (Graphic Photos) / Kaduna Strike: Nurses Disconnect Oxygen Supply Of 2-Day-Old Baby In Incubator / Help! My Head Is Embarrassingly Big. Makes Me Sad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.