Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,856 members, 7,824,559 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

Mesut Ozil Cites Nigerian Legend As Reason For Move To Fenerbahce - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mesut Ozil Cites Nigerian Legend As Reason For Move To Fenerbahce (728 Views)

Mikel Obi's Retirement: UEFA, Chelsea & Terry Lead Tributes For Nigerian Legend / Mesut Ozil Signs For Turkish Club, Fenerbahce / Mesut Ozil Cites Racism: “I Am German When We Win And Immigrant When We Lose” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mesut Ozil Cites Nigerian Legend As Reason For Move To Fenerbahce by TheLoneCitizen(m): 4:25pm On Jan 27, 2021

Former German International and Arsenal midfielder, Mesut Ozil has lauded Nigerian legend, Jay Jay Okocha as a decisive factor behind his shock move to Turkey’s Fenerbahce.

The 32-year-old agreed to terminate his lucrative contract with the gunners to move to his boyhood dream club, Fenerbahce, in a deal which had him slash his salary substantially.

He however lauded flamboyant midfielder, Jay Jay Okocha, as a motivation for the epoch-making decision during his media presentation on Wednesday,

“When I was a child, I remember being with someone who was supporting Besiktas and I was supporting Fenerbahce. I remember this and it will stay the same forever!

“While I was watching Fenerbahce, I liked Jay-Jay Okocha a lot for his playing style, and as for the team right now I’m really looking forward to playing with Dimitris Pelkas as we play in the same position. He’s a very talented footballer.”

Okocha featured for The Yellow Canaries in 3 seasons between 1996 and 1998, enjoying the best football in his career.

He scored 32 goals and provided 19 assists, the highest return for any club in his career, guiding them to their first ever appearance in the UEFA Champions League in 1996/97.

Mesut Ozil, who is nicknamed “The Assist King,” will be threading passes to Nigerian forward, Bright Osayi-Samuel, who also completed a winter move to the club.
http://forestgist.com/mesut-ozil-cites-okocha-as-reason-for-move-to-fenerbahce/

Re: Mesut Ozil Cites Nigerian Legend As Reason For Move To Fenerbahce by TheLoneCitizen(m): 4:26pm On Jan 27, 2021
Lalasticlala, semid4lyfe, mynd44
Re: Mesut Ozil Cites Nigerian Legend As Reason For Move To Fenerbahce by gasparpisciotta: 4:31pm On Jan 27, 2021
Lesson: whatever you are doing today, do it well, someone, somewhere is watching...your name could also be written in the sands of time
Re: Mesut Ozil Cites Nigerian Legend As Reason For Move To Fenerbahce by Stephendeals: 4:34pm On Jan 27, 2021
nice one...

So Good they named him Twice

"Jay-Jay Okocha"
forever a legend
Re: Mesut Ozil Cites Nigerian Legend As Reason For Move To Fenerbahce by BigDick70inch(m): 2:48am On Jan 28, 2021
V
Re: Mesut Ozil Cites Nigerian Legend As Reason For Move To Fenerbahce by paulolee(m): 7:37am On Jan 28, 2021
BigDick70inch:
V
ur Monika really off me, like seriously??
Re: Mesut Ozil Cites Nigerian Legend As Reason For Move To Fenerbahce by paulolee(m): 7:38am On Jan 28, 2021
thats nice, its good he accepted dt he followed d steps of jay jay but the only issue here is dt they dnt play the same type of football and thier only similarities ia dt they have nice eye for throwing passes and they both hardly help to mark..
Re: Mesut Ozil Cites Nigerian Legend As Reason For Move To Fenerbahce by BigDick70inch(m): 8:22am On Jan 28, 2021
paulolee:

ur Monika really off me, like seriously??

cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Declan Rice Vows To Drink His First-ever Beer If His Country Win Euro 2020 / Norwich City Vs Liverpool (carabao Cup) / Manchester United Ready To Part Ways With Cristiano Ronaldo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.