Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

The Scent - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Scent (1961 Views)

Sweet Scent Of Freedom / Sweet Scent Of Freedom / Her Independent Scent (A Very Short Poemy Thingie) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Scent by Dapalace: 4:14pm On Jan 29, 2021
1/2
THE SCENT

(WHEN THE RICH MAN FALL IN LOVE WITH A BEGGAR)

EPISODE 1

(THE BRIEF ENCOUNTER)

AMELIA’S POV

“Ouuuuuuch” I cried out before going out to vomit whatever is in my belly that needs to come outta there.

“Hmmmm” I felt relieved now. Indigestion!

Indigestion has became a part of me. And vomiting has became a routine I must perform each time I take a meal. I think the day I would stop having indigestion, would be the day I stop eating junks and go for a better and nice meal.
But when

I don’t think I will ever have the chance in this lifetime. Maybe in my next life then.

Going inside, I grabbed my polythene bag. The only thing I could call mine. Inside it, I kept my scattered tip tooth brush, and the other tattered cloth I had to exchange this am putting on.

“Pheeeeew”
Oh that’s him.
Alex.

I turned back when I heard his whistle.

“Lia!” He exclaimed when he got to where I was standing.

“Good morning Lia” he greeted while smiling.

” Morning ” I replied simply.

Alex is a friend. A beggar also.
He knew me to be a Little talker. Sometimes, I wonder how he manage to smile. I mean a person living this kind of life shouldn’t be seen smiling. What’s there to smile about??

“So you slept here hun?”

“Yes. You?” I asked

” I slept at the transport route”

One thing have known about him was that any where the night met him, he sleeps. But nevertheless, he would always find me the next morning no matter where I slept.
Is he a wizard?? I don’t think! It must be one of the beggars insight.

“You have been sleeping here lately. why?”
“Ain’t you scared? I mean only you sleeping here?”He asked. Concern showing in his voice.

” Peace”

“Peace?”

“Yes peace” I replied sincerely.

I was roaming about inside this bush looking for fruit when I saw this deserted small hut here. I decided to check inside but to my surprise I found no one. Since then, have turned this small hut into my home.

EPISODE 2

*AMELIA’S POV *

We got to the restaurant and Alex ran to the garbage can to collect all the wasted food thrown there, while I stood at one side of the restaurant waiting for him.

I was still taping one leg on the ground when I heard Alex shout.

“Run! Lia run! Run!” He shouted and when he got to where I was standing, he grabbed my hand and we started running together.

“Thief! Catch them! Catch them!” The people running after us were shouting.

Thief? I was confused!.

“What happened?” I asked amidst running breathing heavily.

“Lia…am sorry. I will explain but let’s keep running for now.”

While running, I brushed pass a man. I wanted to look back but Alex grip on my hand tightened so I had to keep running.

“Catch them! Thief! Catch them!” The people running after us shouted.

I turned back to see them very close.

We are doomed today!.
No escapades.

“Lia… Keep running! Let’s keep running”
Alex stopped abruptly and I wonder why.

Suddenly a man appeared from no where and stood up in front of us.

“You little two thief’s”

“Begging is not enough anymore so you try to include stealing hun?” He asked and scoffed at us.

The people following us now made a circle around us. Counting, I think they are up to 10.

“Please, am the only one who stole it, Let her go. She doesn’t know anything about all this!” Alex pleaded referring to me.

Wait! What!
Alex stole something from them?

“Oh you want to protect her hun?”

“Who is she? Is she your girlfriend?”

” Beggar having beggar as girlfriend” the man said laughing mockingly.

” Give me my purse you this stinking poor beggar thief!” A woman in a very short skimpy pretty yellow dress said to Alex. extending her hand.

“Purse?” I asked Alex confusingly.

“Take ma’am. Am sincerely sorry! Please forgive me ma’am” Alex pleaded before raising up his shirt and bringing out a designed portable fancy small purse from between his trouser, and his hip.

“Why are you poor people always so desperate? You even dare to use that your stinking dirty hands to touch this expensive purse?” She asked with pride showing in her voice before she stylishly collected her purse.

“I think you guys should teach them some lessons” she said turning to look at the group of all men that formed a circle around us.

Almost all of them were drooling over her.

“Yes! Let’s teach them some lessons”

Before I could process what was about to happen, a slap landed on my left cheek.

“Please!!! Let her go… She knew nothing about this”Alex begged. It landed on their dead ear as they all joined hand in beating us.

“Aaaaaaaaaah” I groaned out when i felt a leg kicking me continuously on my tummy.

“Lia! Are you okay?” Alex asked worriedly.

Why is he worried about me? I mean we were both receiving the beating of our life and he still have the time to worry about me?

“I’m sorry Lia… I’m so sorry!”

“Let’s leave them alone because killing them will do us no good” a voice said.

” Yeah. Let’s leave them. And am sure they won’t try such anymore” I heard another said.

” Let’s go” Thay said, and they all disappeared leaving us on the floor.

” Lia…are you okay Lia! Are you alright??” Alex asked standing up and helping me up also.

” I’m okay” I replied at last.

*DWAYNE POV*

I made my way into the restaurant and brought out my phone. I Checked the lady’s picture and I roamed my eyes around.

She isn’t here yet? She’s not would not just be clingy and clumsy but she would also be very good at keeping someone waiting too I guess.
I took my sit and ordered for a bottle of water.

Not long after, I saw her walked in. She was putting on short yellow dress and on her hand, she was holding a small shiny purse. Her heel was clinking and making noise on the tilled restaurant floor.

When I saw her looking around, I quickly stood up waving my hands at her direction. I saw her frowned but was quick to replace it with a little smile am very sure. Won’t be from her heart.

She got to where I was, and I extended my hand to her for an handshake.

“Dwayne Moor” I introduced

“Oh… hi!.. I’m Lucy… Lucy Smith” she said sitting down and ignoring my stretched out hand.
Hmmm. Pride!

I drew my hand back to myself and settled down on my sit.

“Should I order a bottle of water for you as well?” I asked her.

“Bottle water?” She asked uncertainty.

“Yes. Bottle water. Is there a problem with that?”

“Oh don’t worry! Just order for it and bills on me” I explained.

She rolled her eyes at me and stood up to get her own bottle water I think. She doesn’t even make any attempt to apologise for keeping me waiting.

“She rude” I muttered to myself.

She came back with a bottle of red wine ”
Showing off right?
No problem.

She sat down and poured herself a drink before picking it up to zip from it.

“So you are the guy my mom asked me to meet here?

No! My mom forced me to be here.
“Yes” I replied.

” So you came here to meet me wearing this old fashioned joggers and this sandal that looks like a bathroom slippers?” She asked with a chuckle.

” No… I mean…yes. this is one of the best clothes am having. And since am coming here to meet a gorgeous queen, I decided to put it on” I lied.

” There’s this thing called etiquette. You know?”

” When a woman is talking, real men keep shut” she explained with a hint of anger in her voice.

What!
Is she trying to say I’m not a real man?
Oh my! Is she crazy Well, Mom caused all this.

“Do you understand?” She asked staring at me.

“Yes ma’am” I replied her.

“So Mr Man, I would really appreciate it if you would excuse me” she said standing up.

She took herselves wanting to leave but turned back as if she has forgotten something.

“That drink is really expensive so I won’t want it to waste” she added before she turned and walked out of the restaurant.

she want me to drink the rest

Anyway, thank God I wore this clothes.
She just made it so easy for me to discharge her.

“Wooow that’s so easy” I muttered to myself.

I would never date such a clumsy, arrogant, and rude woman not to talk of marrying her.

I stood up and I felt as if a huge burden has been lifted off my shoulder. She really abused me. Imagine her telling me that am not a real man.

“D@mn her” I cussed.

I walked for another twenty minutes before I got to the spot where I parked my car. And this time around, I don’t feel a bit tired at all. It must be because I was in a very good mood right now.

I fetch for my car key and was about to open the door when my eye catch something or rather someone sitting at the road side.

“Isn’t that the two beggars?”
“The two thief beggars?”

But wait… What are they like this? I mean their faces are now bruised up.

Slowly and steadily, I don’t even know why or how, but I found my leg moving closer to them.

Tbc…
Re: The Scent by Dapalace: 5:06pm On Jan 30, 2021
3/4
EPISODE 3�

(HIS REGRET)

* ALEX POV�*

“What was that?” Lia asked after we had settled down on the small pavement at the road side.

“Alex!” She called again when she saw that I made no attempt to answer her question.

“I’m sorry… I’m so sorry!” I begged instead.

” I know Alex! Trust me, I know you are sorry… But just answer my question. What was that Alex?” She asked.

This will be the first time she made such a lengthy sentence since I have known her.

“She must be really angry with me”I thought.

I knew how much she despise stealing. She prefer starving herself and begging to stealing.

“I’m sorry Lia. I’m truly sorry… When I got to the garbage can and was about to open it, I saw that purse and I thought it must be that the owner has forgotten it there so I took it. I never knew she was there until I heard her shout.” I explained to her.

I stared at her, expecting her to shout or to at least say something but all she did was sighed.

The main reason I took the purse was because of Amelia. I have always wish to buy her a nice meal someday, and when I saw that purse, I was more than happy that I would use whatever money that’s in there and buy us a better food to eat tonight.

She doesn’t know I knew about her indigestion. Amelia is passing through a lot a girl her age shouldn’t. I just pray for a saviour and helper for us.

*DWAYNE POV �*

Slowly and steadily,I move closer to the two panhandler. I got to where they were sitting, and I saw a clear view of their bruised up body.

Oh Christ! The lady was having a small cut very close to her lip.
Christ!

“Hi” I greeted them.

“Good morning sir” the guy replied but the lady didn’t.

Hmm!

“Why are you like this? I mean you are all bruised up” I ask directing at the boy because he seems to be the only one willing to chat with me.

“I….st…st…stole a woman purse, and she ordered some group of guys to beat us up” he explained with a broken voice.

What! A woman?
So it was a woman purse they stole earlier?
Why would she order to beat up a fellow human to this level?
Did she have a concience at all? I mean she can just collect her purse and leave the poor guys alone. I thought.

“A lady?” I asked again to be sure.

“Yes sir a lady. She was putting on a short yellow dress sir” I heard him say.

Wait! Short yellow dress? Isn’t that what that spoilt,rude, and arrogant brat was putting on earlier?

“What type of purse did you stole from her?”

“A small fancy shiny purse sir” he said.

This is now making a lot of sense. No wonder she arrived late. So the one who ordered their beating was Lucy She’s not just arrogant, clumsy, and rude but she’s also a human without concience.

“I swear sir I didn’t know she was the owner. I thought it was a lost purse” the guy said pleadingly.

Did he think am a police man?
” It’s okay” I replied him.

I looked over at the lady and her expression seems as if she hasn’t been listening to our conversation. I looked at them both and dip my hand into my pocket to retrieve the remaining cash I have there.

“Take this and maybe go and treat yourself in the hospital!” I said extending the Money to the guy. He was about to collect it when I heard the lady’s voice for the first time since I have standing there with them.

“Don’t” she said staring at the boy.

“Let’s go” she added standing up.

“I’m sorry… But thank you sir!” The guy quickly said before standing up too.

Holding hands, they walked pass me and,

That SCENT! I smelled that SCENT again!

“But where?…. Where?… Where? ” I keep asking myself.

I turned back to look at them, and I regretted not going after them earlier.

This life is just so cruel to some people.

“LUCY!….that bastard!” I said to myself with gritted teeth before shoving the cash back into my pocket.

I started my car engine,and drove home in anger and regret.

_________

*LUCY POV�*

I got home and saw my mom in the living room. Without greeting her, I made my way upstairs to my room. I can’t believe she actually set me up on a date with a wretched guy.

When I got into my room, I threw my heels angrily and removed my clothes quickly.
First, it was those dirty and stinking beggars and another is mom set up with a poor guy.

“Ouuuch I’m damn hungry” I groaned.

I left my room and headed downstairs to go find something to eat in the kitchen.

“Lucy!” My mom shouted immediately she saw me.

“What mom? You want to set me up with a farmer this time around?”I retorted at her.

” What are you talking about?” She asked pretending not to know.
“You came in just now and walked pass me without greeting me and I know you saw me sitting down here. Where are your manners!?” She yelled at me and I flinched.

” Mom!…Mom!…Mom! What you did really angered me. Why would you set me up on a blind date with that kind of person hun? You need to see how shabbily he dressed. I was even ashamed to sit and chat with him” I told her.

” Shabbily? Ashamed to sit and chat?”she asked confusingly.

” Yes Mom” I replied her.

” Wait….are you sure it was Dwayne Moor you saw?” She asked again.

” Ahhhh Mom! Yes..it was him.”
“Dwayne Moor!” I told her.

” Now I can see and believe that you are dumb” she shouted at me.

” What! Dumb!? Mom!!!” I called loudly.

” Yes Lucy…you are dumb. Because if not, you won’t stand here and say the only heir the Moor’s family and the CEO of the Moor’s corporation is poor!” She said and my eyes widened.

“What ! CEO of Moor corporation? I asked disbelieved with widened eyes.

*EPISODE 4�*

* AMELIA POV�*

It been two days now since the purse incident happened. Alex have been quiet and I don’t know why.

For the past two days now, he haven’t been going out. Just wondering around the forest and sometimes sleeping. I have been the one going out to all the restaurants, roadside food stall and all the garbage can I could find to get something so we can eat. except for that restaurant of course.

I didn’t agree to him sleeping outside. I told him he can sleep inside also but very far away from me. He told me he wanted to go plunge some fruits earlier so am the only one in this small hut we now call our home.

Sitting on the Sandy floor, I remembered the man from the other day who offered Alex and I some cash.

I really wanted to take that money but I’m just afraid of taking something from someone of his kind not because of anything but because of the past memory of such.

A man once gave me money when I never ask from him. I was so happy then. But not so long, he came back and asked for a payback. I was confused then.

*� FLASHBACK �*

“But I thought you gave me that money then,so why do you want to collect it back now sir?” I asked confusingly.

“Young lady!… Don’t Tell me you don’t understand me” he said moving closer and I felt his hand on my face caressing it.

Then it occurred to me the way of paying back he was referring to.

I quickly shriek away from him and when I saw that he wasn’t making any attempt to come closer, I ran for my dear life and sanity.

* �END OF FLASHBACK �*

So since then, if you offer me anything without me asking for it, I won’t take.

I heard footsteps at my back and I quickly turned back to see Alex standing there holding a lot of strawberries. He didn’t whistle this time around? Something is definitely wrong with him.

He gave me some and I muttered a “thank you” before I saw him enter the hut.

*DWAYNE POV�*

I arrived at work very early this morning. Something I will never do unless I have a must-do meeting with a very important client.

Even though am the CEO, my secretary Mrs Loreen has always been the one to handle all the task am suppose to. But today, I don’t even know why but I just feel like coming early to work.

I surprise look on all my workers face when I arrived this morning didn’t pass by me.

“Good morning Dwayne. This is the file you requested for” Mrs Loreen,my secretary said while placing the file on my desk.

I know she’s also surprised seeing me come to work so early but as a old woman she is, she masked the surprise look up with a smile smile plastered on her face when she saw me.

Mrs Loreen is a very loyal employee and she has been my dad’s favorite before his death and now she’s mine.

“Mrs Loreen, if I may ask, which perfume are you using?” I ask her all of a sudden.

” Perfume?” She asked confusingly.

” Yes perfume”

” Oh Lilly…it’s Lilly” she replied.

” Oh okay…thank you…you can go now” I discharged her.

” Aaaaaash” I groaned frustratedly,I unloosen my tie and ruffled my hair with my hand.

Why is it so hard for me to remember where have smelt that beggars scent? Have asked almost all my workers that same question I asked my secretary today and the awkward look they gave didn’t went unnoticed.

But wait! She’s a beggar for Christ sake!
She won’t have the money to buy herself a perfume would she?

Then it only means one thing.
That’s her natural scent! And have definitely smelt it somewhere before. But where Why is it so hard to remember?
Is it a childhood memory?
It can’t be an illusion right?

The scent smells balsamic and very pleasant to the nose.

After checking all the important mails my secretary sent, I felt exhausted. To me, the time seems to be slowing down today.

Come to think of it, my mom hasn’t call me since the day she ask to go on a blind date with that rude brat.

“Should I call her ” I thought.
Isn’t it better now? That means she really want to keep to her promise.
I won’t call her.

When I felt hungry, I called Mrs Loreen and ask her to help me get something to eat.

After what seems like forever, after the rotate, rotating and rotation, the clock finally got to the company closing hour and I quickly grabbed my coat jacket and head outside.

I took the elevator to the last floor and when it landed, I got off it and retrieved my car key from the coat jacket I was holding, ignited the engine and drove off.

I didn’t go home but instead, I drove straight to the exact place I saw the two panhandler.

Two days now!

It’s been two days since have been coming here hoping to see them again prove abortive.

Even today, I still found myself at the exact spot after searching for them in this vicinity.

I thought only crazy people doesn’t stay at a place.

“Do beggars do that too?” I thought as I keep roaming my eyes around maybe I could get a glimpse of them.

After sitting and waiting for an hour, I stood up and got into my car. Waiting for another 15minutes again, without seeing any of them, I drove home feeling downed.

*LUCY POV �*

“Mom please…I’m sorry mom” I pleaded.
It’s been two days since my mom dropped the bombshell that that guy is the CEO of the Moor’s corporation.

“Momm…I’m sorry!” I begged again and that’s what have been doing for the past two days.

“So what do you want me to do now huh? I gave you the opportunity that would last you for a lifetime and you threw it away as if it was nothing!” She said angrily.

” Mom am sorry…please I’m so sorry”

“Okay! Okay! Okay! So what do you want to do now?” She asked more calmly.

Thank God she’s willing to hear me out now.
“Mom please follow me to the Moor’s mansion” I said and she gave me a disgusting look.

” And why do you want to go to the Moor’s mansion?”
“Oh, so you think Dwayne won’t have inform his mom on the way you lashed him? No wonder she hasn’t called me since then. So you want to use your rude self and cause a rift between us?” She asked getting angry again.

Oh…this is getting serious than I thought.
“I’m sorry mom!…mom please calm down” I begged going to sit besides her.
” Mom see all you have to do is to just follow me and leave the rest for me” I explained.

” You know Dwayne is not leaving with his mom in that mansion right?” She asked.

” Really?” I asked excitedly.

” Of course yes”

” Woow mom…then thats better” I said giggling happily.

” And who told you I will agree to follow you?” Mom asked again.

“Because I know you won’t want to miss the chance of becoming the Moor’s mother-in-law” I said proudly and I bet I Saw a little tiny smile playing on her lips.

“Wait and see Dwayne!…I’m coming to get your love..” I said to myself.

An intriguing stories that you wouldn't want to miss click here to read from www.dapalace.com

DROP YOUR COMMENTS
Re: The Scent by Dapalace: 11:33am On Feb 01, 2021
5/6

*EPISODE 5*
(I MET HIM AGAIN)

*RACHAEL’S POV*

*IN THE MOOR’S MANSION*

I was in the living room when one of my maid came to inform me that someone is at the gate asking to see me.

“Ma’am someone at the gate is asking to see you” Velma, one of my maid said.

” Someone? And he/she didn’t give a name?” I asked her confusingly because I wasn’t expecting any visitor today so I wonder who it could be.

“Mrs Smith and one pretty lady ma’am”

“Oh!..let them in. She’s my friend!..let them in quickly!” I told her happily and she squatted away to usher them in.

” ANNA!” I exclaimed immediately as I saw her.

“RACHEL!” she called smiling while giving me a friendly hug.

“Oh my! It’s been a while. So how are you doing?” I asked rushing my words.

“I’m good Rachel!… trust me,…I’m very good!” She replied with a beautiful smile radiating her face.

I look behind her and saw a very pretty lady standing there.

“Who is this beautiful princess?”

“Oh…this is Lucy my only daughter!” She replied and I let out a ” woow”sound.

“Really?”

“Hi ma’am…I’m Lucy” she introduced in that soothing voice of hers.

“How are you Lucy? And has anyone ever made mention of how pretty you are to you?” I complimented beaming at her.

” Thank you ma” she replied shyly.

“Oh come… Come on..have your seat!”
I offered gesturing to the two sitter couch.

I called one of the maid to serve us the most expensive drink on the drink bar when Anna rejected the offer of eating.

“I have been so busy all this days….I mean, so busy that I couldn’t call my son and ask about how your date went” I directed at Lucy.

” So tell me my dear. How was it?”

“Hope you like my boy?” I added.

“Oh yes ma!…I like everything about him. His personality, his physical appearance and every other thing about him. He is made up of stuff of champions and I believe he took that after you” she said with a guffaw.

” Oh my! I trust my son!” I told her heartily.
” I should have known you are the best for my son instead of wasting my time and his, setting him up with those that ain’t worth him but only after his wealth”

” So Anna!…what do you say to this? I think they are best for each other, so do you agree?” I asked again.

” Very well Rachel!” She replied and I bet I saw her feel uncomfortable but shrug it off.

“Okay then that’s good!…I would set up a dinner and would invite Dwayne and of course you both” I explained.
” I hope you guys would come. Will you?” I asked unsure.

“Yes ma’am. We will” Lucy replied quickly and I smiled at her gesture.

The rest of the hours was spent laughing, and talking about random stuff.

*ALEX POV *

Since the purse incidence happened, have been so quiet around Lia. Am very sure she’s annoyed at me. I’m ashamed of myself and that’s why I have been giving her the silent treatment.

Just the good morning, take, where are you off to? And welcome. No other conversation between us.

“Good morning Lia” I greeted when I saw her outside.

“Morning” she replied simply.

I look at her and knew she was about to go look for something to eat.

“Give me that” I collected the black polythene bag she was holding.
” You just stay here…let me go this time around” I said in a calm voice.

She didn’t say anything neither did she argue.
“I will be back… won’t stay long” I added.

” Okay then.”

” Pheeeeew… pheeeeew” I whistled coming back to my normal self. It’s been long I did that last.

“Pheeeeew” I turned and waved at Lia and she smiled at me.
I guess her anger has dissolved.

I got to the first restaurant garbage can but unfortunately i couldn’t find anything eatable in there. I made for the next but still couldn’t find anything. It seems the all the trash can has been cleared off.

“Am I that late?” I asked myself.

I proceeded to the next and the next and the next but still same result.

“Aisssssh” I groaned.

Have been walking and searching for the past hours and am damn tired. Have also been begging along the way but no one is even willing to give me anything.

I looked ahead of me and spotted a garbage can in front of a very big company and I breathe a sigh of relief.

“Won’t the security chase me away?” I can’t help but ask myself.

“I will give it a try” I said hastening my steps.

I moved close to the three hefty man standing guard at the company gate.

Why isn’t the garbage can outside? I mean outside would be very easy and I won’t have to pass through this deadly looking men out here.

“Good morning sir” I greeted politely.

“Just get out of here” one said.

“I don’t even have a dime to give anyone” said another.

“Am not asking for money sir,just allow me to go search the trash can whether I would see something eatable” I explained.

” Inside?… beggars ain’t allow in here” the one who has been quiet voiced out.

Oh! Today is showing signs of being a bad day I guess.

I was about to plead with them again when a car drifted and made it’s way inside but stop abruptly.
It’s a tinted glass car so I couldn’t see whosoever in there.

“It must be one of the employee’s”I thought.

*DWAYNE POV *

I left home early today also but didn’t go straight to the office. Instead, I drove to the vicinity where I saw the two beggars. haven’t stop thinking about those two panhandler.

I really want to help them!. helping someone in this lifetime would be such a great thing and who knows whether I will be a very poor person in my next life.

I got there and didn’t bother to come down because am beginning to lose the hope of seeing them again. I don’t even know their names I should have ask from someone here.

But if I go around, asking for the whereabouts of a beggar people would think am insane right? Or better still they would think am a ritualist.

waiting for 30 minutes,and I saw none of them,I make off for office and throughout the drive I never stop thinking about them especially the lady with the scent. I have to make enquiry about that and if I can’t find her, nothing can be done.

Few minutes later, I arrived at the company. I was about to drive in when I remembered something. I was so engrossed when I left home that have forgotten about the file my secretary gave for me to assent yesterday.

Sh!t!

Now I have to go back home.

I made for the reverse and twisted my neck to check whether no car is at my back and slowly I saw him!.
YES!!!!!!

I saw the beggar guy in front of my company!. Someone I have been searching for the past four to five days!.

I quickly got down. forgetting about the file I wanted to go back and pick.

“Good morning sir!” I heard the security men greetings but didn’t bother to reply them.

” You?” I directed surprisingly at the guy and he also look surprised to see me.

“You!?” I asked him again to be sure am not hallucinating.

“Oh Christ!” I exclaimed.

“Don’t you remember me?” I asked when he was just staring at me not saying anything.

“I…I…I…do…sir” he stuttered.

“Come!..come!..come!” I said leading him to my car.

I opened the front seat and gesture for him to go in. He reluctantly got in, and I hastily closed the door. Thank God he didn’t protest.

I know the security were surprised because a look at them said it all. They were dumbfounded and we’re probably confused.

Ignoring them, I made for the drivers seat and got in.

“Are you okay? Are you hungry? What about the other lady?;what are you doing here?” I asked him in one breathe.

” Ye… Yes… I mean… No… No… Yes… Sir”he stuttered.

” I’m asking him too much of a question! ” I scolded myself inwardly.

I got him by surprise so stuttering is inevitable. Without wasting much time, I quickly drove out of the company heading back home.

I ain’t gonna lose this guy!
Never!

*EPISODE 6*
(WHAT DO YOU WANNA EAT?)

*ALEX POV*

I can’t believe I saw the man who offered us money the other day again. I was dumbfounded and same were the hefty security men when the man asked me to enter into his car.

And now, I don’t know where he’s heading. All I know is that he won’t hurt me because he seems like a nice man.

He was asking me millions of questions that got me stuttering in reply during the drive. Almost all the questions were about Lia.

“She would be worried by now because I told her I won’t stay long right?
This is my first time in a car.

I stare at the man and I saw a huge grin on his face.

“Why is he this happy?” I keep wondering.

After a long drive, he pulled up in front of a very big and magnificent mansion. Even all the house in the vicinity speaks money. He must be a very rich man I concluded.

I don’t know how but the mansion gate opened and when he drove in, it closed by itself. He got down from the car and rushed to open mine.

“Come!” He said holding my hand.

This would also be the first time someone like him is holding me. The door flew opened after he pressed something on it.

“Woooooow” I exclaimed staring at the decorations, painting,and all the things my eyes saw inside. I was left in awe. I keep thinking maybe am in the heaven paradise.

“Hello!…hello!…hello!…”

I was lost staring at the wonderful and mouthwatering view that I didn’t heard him calling me not until I felt someone pinch me.

“Hun?”
“I’m sorry sir…..I’m so sorry sir” I pleaded coming back to my senses.

” It’s okay!. I was asking what you would like to eat”
“Pizza? Spaghetti Bolognese? Steak?” He started mentioning names of food have never heard of in my entire life.

“Sir…if not bread or junks…I don’t understand any other thing” I told him sincerely.

” Oh okay! Don’t worry I will order pizza for you right now!”

” Come on!….have your sit” he added and I quickly sat on the floor.

It feels so good sitting on the neat tilled floor.

“No!…you shouldn’t sit on the floor”
“Sit on that” the man said gesturing to the long white bed.

” But that’s your bed sir and I don’t want to stain it with my dirty clothes” I replied slowly.

” Bed?” He asked smiling.

Why is he smiling? Isn’t that a bed?

“That’s a couch…and it’s meant for sitting”

Couch? So he want me to sit on that?

” But sir…”he didn’t allow me to finish my statement before helping me and my butt landed on the soft comfy couch as he called.

“I really have a lot of questions to ask you but it can wait until you are done eating” sir suddenly said with a serious tone.

A lot of questions?
Apart from the ones he asked earlier?

“O…okay sir”

“I’m Dwayne so

quit calling me sir”

What! He want me to call him by his name? Someone I just met? A very rich man for that matter!

“Come to think of it…what’s your name?”

“Alex…I’m Alex sir” I answered.

” And the lady?”

” Lia!”

“Lia?”

“Yes sir… Amelia”

“Oh! Amelia….that’s such a nice name” he commented smiling.

Such a nice name?
What about mine?

“Lia would be worried and hungry by now” I thought.

*DWAYNE POV *

You won’t believe how happy I am to encounter this guy I now know to be Alex and the lady Amelia.

“Such a nice name” I told him and not long after I said that, I saw him felt uneasy.

“Is there a problem?” I asked worriedly.

“Amelia sir”

“What about her?”

“She would be worried by now. When I left home,I told her I won’t stay long” he explained and I release the breathe I never knew I was holding.

I was still thinking of what to say to that when the doorbell rang.

“That’s the pizza man. Lemme quickly go get that”I told Alex standing up.

I came back after paying the delivery man.

Now that I think about it. Won’t it be better if I give all this to Alex with some cash?

Amelia would be worried about where her friend disappeared to. So letting him go for now will be the best thing to do.

I got to where he was sitting and handed him the pizza box.

“Take…let me drop you off quickly because I don’t want Amelia thinking maybe someone has kidnapped you” I said with a chuckle.

” Wait…” I brought out my phone and removed my sim card before putting the extra one that no one knows inside it.

“Take this… I will write my number for you to call me anytime you are in need of anything whatsoever”I explained giving him the iPhone I bought of recent.

I saw the surprise look on his face but one thing he isn’t getting here is that this is just the beginning of what I’m gonna do for them.

“Wait…give me a minute” I said again going into my room.

I came out afterward and gave him all the cash I found in there.

“That would sustain you for some time so you won’t have to wander y or beg” I told him feeling fulfilled.

” I’m short of words sir!…I don’t even know what to say or how to thank you” he started saying but I cut him off.

” This is nothing…no need for you thanking me Alex” I told him sincerely.

If only you know this is just a tip of an ice-berg.

An intriguing stories that you wouldn't want to miss click here to read from www.dapalace.com

DROP YOUR COMMENT
Re: The Scent by Dapalace: 6:09pm On Feb 02, 2021
7/8

*EPISODE 7

*DWAYNE POV*

After teaching him how to operate his new phone whenever he wants to call, I decided that it’s time to let him go. I know he still wanna thank me but I keep cutting him off each time.

“Let’s go now” I told him, but before leaving the house, I quickly grabbed the file I wanted to come pick beforehand from my special reading room.

“Sir, please drop me off here” Alex said when I got to the spot I usually come to everyday.
I never told him about it though.

“Oh okay”

I got down from that drivers seat to help him open the door.

“Thank you sir…I really appreciate all what you did for us today” he said while clutching the pizza box to himself.

” It’s okay Alex. And please, I really want to see Amelia” I told him sincerely.

“I don’t know whether she would want to see you but I promise to always bring her to the front of your company everyday” he reassured me.

” Thank you…thank you really!” I said waving him bye.

After dropping him off, I headed back to the office.

Thank God I’m the CEO. If not, I would receive a lot of scolding if not resignation letter for coming this late to work.

I remembered all the events that happened just now and a smile formed on my lips.

I’m just scared when Alex told me they live in one small hut in the middle of that bush along the restaurant. I hope wild animals ain’t there!?

Oh! I really have to do something about that.

I got to the company and this time around, I smiled at the three security men before driving in.

“Welcome Dwayne” Mrs Loreen greeted. I handed her the file before replying her.

All the workers here are aware of it that I arrive at work anytime I want to.

So that’s why they are all minding their business but not after each one of them muttering their greetings to me.

“You have a visitor in your office” I heard Loren’s voice and I turned to give her a questionable look.
I wasn’t expecting anyone!

“Who is it?” I asked to be sure.

“My bad! I never ask for her name but she said she’s a friend” she said.

“Okay I will check” I told her before I turned heading to my office.

So the person is a she

I opened the door with the CEO banner on it and got in and, Standing there is the least person I expected to see.

*LUCY POV *

I still can’t believe it that guy, I mean that rough guy whom I saw inside the restaurant is a very rich man.

“Where are you off to?” My mom asked probably because she saw me all dressed up.

“Mom!….I wanna go pay your future son-in-law a surprise visit” I answered happily.

” Future son-in-law?” She asked pulling a confused look.

” Dwayne Moor of course Mom!”

“Dwayne Moor? So you want to go there uninvited?”

“Not uninvited Mom…I’m going there to surprise him!” I replied pouting.

I quickly grab her car key before she say another word.

“Bye Mom” I waved at her.

I arrived in front of the big company with the inscription *Moor corporation* on it.

Woow! So that guy owns this gigantic company?

I made my way in and all the workers were just staring at me with their mouth wide open.

Am I that pretty?.

Ignoring them, I walked up to the older woman who I guessed should be the secretary.

“Hi ma’am” I greeted

“How may I help you ma’am?” She replied scrutinizing me with her eyes.

“I came to see Dwayne ma’am”
“Am a friend and it’s been long I saw him last so I decided to come see him today” I lied giving her my best charming smile ever.

“Oh..okay dear.. Dwayne is not in now. But you can wait….”

” Inside his office” I quickly chipped in.

“Okay…inside his office then!” The woman agreed.

cat walking, I made my way to the office the woman pointed at and pushed it open.

Walking in, I can’t help but admire how neat and well arranged the CEO’S office is.

I was still looking around when the door burst opened and there he is standing.

The CEO! My Dwayne! Looking so handsome in his suit trouser and the inner while holding the jacket on his hand.

I looked up, smiling keenly at him and I saw the surprise look on his face.

“Welcome Dwayne” I greeted still smiling.

“What are you doing here!” He asked angrily.

” Chill baby…I came to reintroduce myself and also get to know you better”

” Baby? Reintroduce you say?” He asked angrily again.

Ouuuch! Why is he getting this angry?

” Oh!,it seems you have forgotten how you looked down on me the other day. You even asked me to help you finish your drink. Don’t tell me you’ve also forgotten about how you told me I’m not a real man and also how you ordered those men to beat up those two beggars all because they stole your penniless small worthless purse!” he yelled and I flinch.

Why is he bringing up the part of those beggars?

He come he even knew about it?

“Calm down dear!…they were the one who overstepped their boundary by stealing my expensive purse”
” Why are you even getting angry because of those dirty,rag wearing poor beggars?”I asked him confusingly and he let out a loud laughter.

“Dirty rag wearing poor beggars?” He asked still laughing.
“You can say that again!”

“But who told you you are any different?”

What! Is he trying to say I’m a beggar?

” You ain’t any different just that you ain’t wearing a tattered cloth. But believe me, to me, I classified you as one of them…I mean a worst more than those two!” He ranted.

” What!…I mean…wait!.. wait!…are you saying I’m a beggar?” I scoffed at him.

” No!..I’m not saying but telling you that you are a upgraded beggar!” He spat.

Hmm!

” I know you are still angry with the way I behaved then. So I will just leave you today!”
” But that doesn’t mean am leaving you forever!….I will be back for you baby!” I said smiling at him.

I walked pass him and stormed out of his office. I gave the old woman a polite smile before walking out.

“It’s me or no one Dwayne!” I said to myself while driving out of the company.

*EPISODE 8*

AMELIA’S POV

It’s been more than four hours since Alex left and have been sitting down outside here waiting for him to return.

My stomach has been grumbling since but that’s not the problem. What’s taking him this long?

“Maybe I should just go out there and look for him” I thought.

Just as I was about to stand up, I saw him coming.

Aaaaa!

Thank heaven!.

But wait! What’s that he’s holding?

“Lia!” He exclaimed when he got to where I was standing.

“What’s that with you?” I asked curiously.

“Pizza!” He exclaimed again.

” Pizza?”
“What’s pizza? And where did you got it from?” I asked now staring at him.

” Sir gave it to me!” He replied getting me more confused.

“Sir?…who is sir?” I asked again.

“Sir Dwayne. The man who offered us money the other day” he replied quenching my curiosity.

” What!….why?….I mean how??…how did you two meet again?”

“Come Lia…come on..sit..I will explain” he said holding my hands and leading me to sit back so we both are now sitting on the Sandy floor.

“So you mean that man gave you this, and also this huge amount of money?”

I asked him after he had explained how he went from one restaurant to another but couldn’t find anything eatable and how he saw a garbage can inside of a big company. How he went closer but the security won’t allow him in. How sir Dwayne met him there and took him to one beautiful mansion. How he ordered for pizza as he called and gave him his phone and also a lot of money.

“Yes Lia… I’m sorry if you don’t like me accepting all these things. But I can’t just reject it. It will make him feel bad” I heard him say slowly.

” It’s okay Alex…with this your explanation, I think that man is not bad as I thought of him” I told him sincerely.

” Really Lia!?… you are not angry?” He asked happily.

” Of course Alex” I replied smiling at him.

My stomach grumble again and Alex eye widened.

“What?” I asked him worriedly.

“Lia! You are hungry!…I’m sorry”

Why is he sorry?

He unpack the box and brought out a pizza.

“Take ” he said giving it to me.

I collected it from him, took a bite, and woow the thing is damn delicious.

“Yummy!”

“Really?” Alex asked beaming at me.

What? Did I said that out loud?
“Yes” I replied Shyly.

“If you enjoy it that much, then let’s go say thank you to sir Dwayne tomorrow” he said and my eyes widened.

Sir Dwayne?

He want us to go back there tomorrow?

*DWAYNE POV*

“I can’t believe this bitch actually has the audacity to come here! ” I mumbled to myself immediately I saw her storm out of my office.

” Damn her!” I cussed foaming in anger.

How come she knew about here on the first place?

Oh! She’s Mom friends daughter!

That must be my mom handwork.

I would make sure she never step her foot in here ever again.

That’s thought, I made my way to Loren’s desk.

“That lady that just left. You must never allow her in here again!” I instructed going straight to the point.

“O… Okay Dwayne” she quickly replied with a confused look.

Better!

I went outside and informed the securities too not to let her in and whenever I set my eyes on her around here,I will have them fired.

I know with that, they would never allow her to stay within this vicinity talkless of inside the company.

“That ev!l daughter of a b!tch!” I cussed again.

She’s so good at spoiling mood.
Why did she have to show up today?
Now she has spoilt my mood.

*AMELIA’S POV *

“If you enjoyed it that much, then let’s go to say thank you to sir Dwayne tomorrow!” Alex said and I stare up at him with widened eyes.

” Tommorow?…why do you want us to go there?”

“To say thank you!” He replied pouting.

I don’t even know what to say but with this amount of kindness the generous man showed us, we should go back to say thank you right?

“Okay…let’s go say thank you tommorow?” I told him.

“YES!…let’s call him and tell him we are coming tommorow” Alex said while picking up the phone sir gave him.

” Do you know how to operate it?” I asked curiously.

” Of course!…sir Dwayne taught me how to” he bragged and I chuckle.

I don’t know why, but he went inside and brought out one small screw we found in the hut and started piecing the phone and separating the parts.

“Is that how to operate it?” I asked the second time when I saw that the screen that was dimming light minutes ago is now dark just like the darkness of the night.

“Yes Lia!..sir Dwayne told me to open it whenever I want to call him” he replied.

Hmm!

” Alex,are you sure that’s how he taught you?”

“Done!” I heard him say instead of answering me.

He took out one small piece of paper from the black polythene bag he collected from me this morning and placed it on the screen part of the pieced phone.

“What are you doing?”

“Sir Dwayne asked me to place all the numbers in here and send!”he said and I stood up to give him a heavy knock on his head.

” What was that for!” He cried out.

“Alex, you have successfully destroyed the expensive phone!” I yelled at him.

DROP YOUR COMMENTS

1 Like

Re: The Scent by Dapalace: 8:56pm On Feb 04, 2021
9/10

*THE SCENT *

*EPISODE 9*

(BECAUSE?)

*LUCY’S POV*

I got home and met mom on that same couch she was sitting on when I left.

“Hi Mom” i greeted going over to peck her.

I did so well in hiding my angry self and masking it up with a smiling face.

“Welcome dear… So tell me… How was your surprised visitation?” She asked sounding eager.

“It went well mom. He even made me promise to come visit him another day!” I lied.

“Really!?”

“yes Mom”.

” That’s good then. I wonder how you are able to manipulate him in forgiving you. But you did a great job!” She commented.

“Thanks Mom.”

” Wanna go change into a comfortable cloth” I told her before heading to my room.

I can’t believe Dwayne called me a beggar!

Me Lucy? A beggar?

He really hate me for what I did to those two poor stinking beggars.

Hmmm!

I know what to do!. Very early tommorow morning, I will make sure I go back to that restaurant and look for those two. I will transform myself into a very generous person and help them.

Hiding under their facade, I would show Dwayne the good side of me. With that, am very sure he will look at me from another perspective. Then after, I would have those two kidnapped and tortured for being the reason for my insult and disgrace today.

Dwayne you are mine. Easily or forcefully. I must have you!

*AMELIA’S POV *

*Next morning*

Since Alex spoilt the phone sir Dwayne gave to him yesterday, we have no other means of informing him that we would be coming today. I really have to see and thank him for the great favour he did for us. I never knew my wish would be fulfilled so fast.

After eating that pizza yesterday, that was when I come to understand that I wasn’t born with indigestion but because of those junks and waste food, I grew accustomed to it.

We kept the remaining pizza so we can eat it this morning and that we already did. And we still don’t even know what to do with the money.

“Lia, since I have spoilt the phone, why don’t we just go and sit somewhere very close to the company?” Alex asked jolting out of my thought.

” How are you sure he will find us? And the security won’t allow us in right?” I muttered.

“He will surely do because he works there. And I also recognize his car” he replied.

There’s a probability that he would find us. We should just try our luck right?

“Okay let’s start going” I said picking up my bag.

“Pheeeeew…. pheeeeew.. pheeeeew…. pheeeeew”I heard Alex continuous whistle behind me and I shook my head.

I wonder why all this bush snake haven’t accepted his invitation yet.

On our way, some people offered us money but Alex declined all the offer.

“What’s wrong with you!? Why are you refusing those money?” I asked.

” Because we don’t need them for now!” He replied simply and I scoffed.

Seriously?.

“Is the company that far?” I asked because it been more than an hour we left home and we haven’t got there yet.

“Lia!…that’s it” Alex said excitedly while pointing at a very big building. Company I meant.

“Moor corporation?” I read out when We got a little bit closer.

“What!” Alex exclaimed and I shot him a glare.

“You can read that?” He asked bewildered and I shrugged.

Why is he surprised? I can’t recollect how. But all I know is that, I can read, and I can also count money.

Before my parents Death, whenever we wants to buy something from the little we earn by begging, am always the one who usually pay for it.

Weird isn’t it?

My mom told me I once fell and hit my head so that’s why I lost all my childhood memories.

“Let’s just sit here and wait for sir Dwayne” I said and we both settled down beside a small tree flower but with enough shield to keep us from the sun.

*DWAYNE POV*

I woke up and felt as if I slept on something.

Just then, I remembered how I placed my phone on my chest yesterday before dozing off. And now this morning, am the one lying on it.

I slept very late at night yesterday waiting for Alex call. But I got none.

Did Amelia get angry with him for collecting those things from me? He even promised to bring her today. Will she agree to come with him?

I don’t think!

If she agreed I would have seen their call since last night.

I sluggishly got out of bed heading to the bathroom.

After preparing myself, I took the remaining food I ordered yesterday from the microwave and eat.

I picked up my car key and other things I would be needing after am done eating.

“Why is this car so dirty like this?” I thought when I got to my car parking lot. I don’t think I would be going to office in this car today.

That’s thought, I got inside the new Lamborghini my Mom got me for my birthday last year and contemplated whether to go search for them because Alex described to me where they are staying yesterday. I ignited the engine heading to office.

I just pray to see them!

I didn’t pass through the route I came from yesterday because I didn’t go to search for them. I passed the normal route from my house to the company.

I got to the company and drove in but not before roaming my eyes checking to see if he really came.

But no!

They didn’t!

And that means only one thing.

Amelia dislike what I did for Alex.

*EPISODE 10*

*AMELIA’S POV *

Sitting down here, an hour has passed already.

“Alex, is that his car?” Was the question I keep asking each time I saw a car go into the office.

But the answer is always NO!.

While sitting, I saw a very beautiful different coloured butterfly pass by.

The image of a young boy holding a beautiful young girl and running after a butterfly that looks just as same as this flashed in my memory.

“Aaaaaash!” I groaned when I felt a sudden banging in my head.

What’s happening to me??

” Lia!…what’s wrong?” I heard Alex ask concerned.

“I don’t know…I just felt a sudden headache” I told him while touching my head maybe it would ease the pain.

“Aaaaaash” I groaned again when the headache was getting intense.

“Lia, let’s just go for now and maybe come back here tommorow?” Alex suggested staring at me.

Since the pain is not subduing but getting more and more intense I decided to go with Alex suggestion.

He helped me got up and holding my hands to support my walking, we walked heading home together.

I think seeing sir Dwayne would be for another day.

“Lia…how is it now?” Alex asked worriedly after a while and I nodded letting go of his hand.

“Am okay now” I replied when I felt the headache fading away.

What was that memory all about?

A memory that’s caused me to have the headache I haven’t had In years.

Is that a sign of falling sick?

“Oh no! I don’t want to” I cried inwardly.

*LUCY POV *

I arrived at the restaurant very early in the morning. I parked my car beside the roadside but very far away from the main road to avoid being the reason for the clashing of cars in the neighborhood I don’t even know anyone in nor do I usually visit if not because of the blind date that made me come once.

I made my way to the roadside food stall not very far from the restaurant and settled down on one small plastic chair I found there.

I ordered for four rolled up pie so as to use that as an excuse for sitting there.

And trust me, the thing is damn delicious.

Its been more than four hours of me sitting with agitation, stretching and checking to get a glimpse of those two beggars but to no avail.

Have eaten almost all the woman’s pie just so she won’t notice the reason why am there.

Am willing to wait till night because I knew one of those two would definitely come out here unless they want to starve themselves to death.

As if the heaven are in support of my thought, I saw them both from afar coming from God knows where.

Beggars are meant to wander around without having a destination right?

At least it seems this two do visit here everyday.

But who cares?

I paid the woman and quickly stood up from where I was sitting to go meet them.

“H…hi…hii…” I stuttered when I got closer to them.

At first, they were both staring at me confusingly not saying a thing.

Hun? They didn’t recognize me. do they?

I started breathing in more than I should but when i didn’t smell anything disgusting, I breathe a sign of relief.

Thank God this one’s ain’t as stinking as others poor beggars are.

Just that they were putting on tattered clothes.

“You!” I heard the guy surprised voice

As if it was planned, they both shriek away from me at the same time with a face covered with fear.

That is it!

They should be afraid of me!.

“I’m so sorry for what I did to you guys the other day.” I apologized swallowing my pride.

I glare at them and they were still stuck up with the fearful look.

“What to do!?”

“What to do!?”

“I’m seriously sorry for what I did believe me!” I said faking a sad face.

I looked at them and I saw their expression softened a bit.

“I’m Lucy. You?” I asked stretching my hand for an handshake.

They both look at themselves before they took their eyes back at me.

“Alex” the guy said extending his hand and I could hear the nervousness in his voice.

I guess they still have my brutal deed in mind.

After I let go of his hand, I took my hand to the lady and she eyed it suspiciously.

“Amelia” she said slowly ignoring my stretched hand.

Hmm Egoistic beggar.

“I’m truly sorry Alex and Amelia. Hope you guys has forgiven me?” I asked smiling up at them both.

” Ye…yes…”they both stuttered.

So easy?

“Okay if you know you have really forgiven me, then would you care for a lunch?” I asked and I saw their eyes widened.

” You want to buy us a lunch?” The guy asked and I wanted to reply when I heard my phone ringing and vibrating inside the small purse I was holding.

“Excuse me” I directed at them before moving a little bit away from them.

Oh it’s my mom calling!.

“Hi Mom” I greeted while placing the phone on my ear.

“Lucy where are you?” She asked impatiently.

” Mrs Moore called me that the supposed dinner would come up this evening in the Moor’s mansion” she added.

Oh Christ!

This is too sudden. i mean she should have informed us since yesterday right?.

“Oh, okay Mom…but you just go ahead of me”I informed her.

” And you?

” I would go from here” I answered not disclosing where or what am doing to her.

” Okay just be snappy with whatever you are doing and don’t be late”

” Okay Mom. thanks Mom” I said before I disconnected the call.

“A dinner with Mrs Moor. Dwayne would also be coming”I thought.

And then an idea Pop in my head.

YES!

That’s what am gonna do.

Am gonna make sure Dwayne get to see the good side of me Tonight.

” Sorry about that” I pleaded when I got back to where the two beggars were standing.

“As I was saying. Would you care for a lunch?” I asked again.

I stared at them waiting for their reply.

“Please?” I added when I saw how reluctant they were.

” O… okay!” The beggar boy said and I giggled happily.

The guy has been the one answering all my questions and request. Though the lady was just staring and scrutinizing me with her eyes.

“Really?!” I asked and the guy nodded his head again.

” Okay then!, Let’s go to my car…it’s over there!” I excitedly told them gesturing to my car.

I went ahead and they followed behind.

I opened the seat door and when they both climbed in, I closed it back.

Going to the drivers seat, I fastened my seat belt and ignited the engine.

“Dwayne just wait and see how generous I can be for you!” I said inwardly.

TO BE CONTINUED
Re: The Scent by Dapalace: 4:00pm On Feb 05, 2021
11/12
*EPISODE 11*
(SHE DROPPED THEM)

*DWAYNE POV*

Throughout my stay in office today, my mood was very different from the playful Dwayne I am.

I was harsh with all my workers even with my secretary.

“Dwayne is there a problem?…if there is, you can tell me!” She had said but I gave a ” nothing is wrong”look.

How would I tell her that am bothered about those two beggars? I would sound like am stupid right?

It’s our company’s closing hour and now am on my way to our family’s mansion. been a while I went there last.

If not because she called me this afternoon to inform me that she’s organizing a dinner for me, I don’t have any intention of going there for now.

I wonder what she’s planning for me with this sudden call for dinner now.

I arrived at the Mansion and drove in.

I found my mom in the sitting room with one woman whom I think should be in her late 50’s just like mom. She must be a friend .

But she said dinner right?

Why is she sitting here and not in the dinning?

“Hi Mom” I greeted going over to peck her on the cheek.

“Hi ma’am” I directed at the other woman.

“How are you my baby?” She asked smiling,with her two upper and two lower teeth outside.

“Am good mom. am sorry for not calling to check on you all this while. Am just so busy with office matter” I explained and she gave me a understanding look.

“It’s okay son. I should have also called but am so busy too” she said and I chuckled.

“So busy you can’t call your handsome son?” I asked teasingly.

” Oh! such a naughty son” she replied playfully and I smiled.

” And yes!, Meet Mrs Smith. Lucy’s mother.”

” Hi Dwayne!…how are you doing?” The woman asked with a genuine smile unlike her daughter.

“Am good ma’am!” I replied her simply.

But wait!
Why is she here
Am confused.

I was about to ask but a soft knock on the door stopped me.

Who is it?

“Mom are you expecting somebody?” I asked confusingly.

“Go check out dear!…go and have a look yourself!” She replied confusing me the more.

Hmmm.

Where is all her maid that she’s asking me to go open the door? She can be annoying sometimes.

“Okay” I said shrugging.

I got to the door, opened it and there she is. The bitch!

But wait! she’s with two more people.

“Alex?… Amelia?” I called unbelievably and I could also see the surprise look on their face.

They ain’t wearing the tattered cloth anymore?

Alex is putting on a very nice shirt and trouser while Amelia is putting on a blue long gown dress.

I couldn’t have recognize them if not because have been thinking about them a lot and now I have their image stored in my memory.
But what is happening?

Even though she isn’t putting any make over, she still look pretty. More prettier than any other lady have set my eyes on.

I looked at the bitch and she was also putting on a surprised look.

“Dwayne!…let them in!” My mom half yelled at me.

” Co…com…come…in” I stuttered short of word.

” What’s happening?”I asked myself again inwardly.

” Hi Mom!” The bitch said to my mom while squatting to hug her.

Mom?
She’s calling my Mom, Mom?

“How are you my dear?” Mom asked disengaging from the hug and I saw her eyes went over to Alex and Amelia.

“They are my friends Mom… I was with them when Mom called me that the dinner is taking place today, so they asked to tag along”

This is making sense now! I now understand the sudden call for dinner! So she came here and fed Mom with her lies right?

“Oh it’s okay dear!…that’s also a good idea…and by the way…she’s pretty”my mom complimented directing at Amelia.

” T…th.. thanks Ma” Amelia stuttered in reply.

” Okay! Okay! Let’s move to the dinning!…the dish are set already!” My mom said already standing up with the other woman trailing behind and also Alex and Amelia.

That b!tch turned and smiled at me with that ugly face of hers before following behind. Confused about it all, I slowly moved my legs too.

*EPISODE 12*

*LUCY POV*

Persuading the two beggars to put on this clothes they are putting on, is very hard.

“Why do you want to buy us a dress?” The lady asked confusingly.

” Because of the dinner I wanted to treat you guys to!” I explained in my calmest voice.

To cut it short, they agreed but not after a lot of pleading and persuasion.

I drove into the Moor mansion and parked at the parking lot before going over to open the door for the two. They came out, and I closed it back.

“Follow me” I simply told them before going ahead of them.

I got to the door and knocked on it softly. Not long after, the door opened revealing Dwayne. I smiled up at him, but surprisingly he wasn’t even looking at me but he’s gave was on the two beggars.

“Alex?… Amelia?” He asked confusingly and I gasped inwardly.
How come he knew them?

I looked at the two and they were also with a confused look. He wanted to say another thing when we heard his mom’s voice and he quickly open the door wider to let us in.

We got in, and I went over to hug his mom, I lied to her about the two beggars and thank God, she bought my lies.

“Oh it’s okay dear!…that’s also a good idea…and by the way…she’s pretty!” I heard Dwayne mom complement the beggar lady.

What!
The compliment really annoyed me.
But since am here to get more closer to Dwayne, I let it pass.

She asked us to go to the dinning. She lead the way and we all followed behind including my Mom, the two beggars, me and Dwayne.

We got to the dinning and a lot of different dish were there on the dining table.

Woow! Why does it looks like we are having a feast and not just dinner?.

We settled down and everyone took their fork and spoon including the two beggars.

I saw how they were both struggling to hold the fork and I laughed inwardly because it was steak they went for.

“You don’t have to eat that with a fork. your hands will do!” Dwayne said and I scoffed.

” Yes you don’t have to..I know how hard that thing is so eating it with a fork would be stressing yourselves!”his mom added.

They doesn’t fit here really.

Am still confused about how Dwayne was able to know and call them by their names earlier.

“So Dwayne…you never called to tell me about how your date went…it was Lucy who took time out of her precious time to come inform me about how great it went.” Dwayne Mom asked and I stiffened.

I looked over at Dwayne who was sitting opposite the beggar lady and it’s seems he wasn’t even listening to our conversation but he was just staring at the lady.

Why is he staring at her?

“Dwayne?” His Mom called to get his attention when she noticed how distracted he was.

“Oh…yes…yes Mom…it was great!” He replied absentmindedly.

I don’t even think he heard the question his Mom was asking but thanks anyway because am scared of what his reply would be.

Amidst eating, we discussed about a lot of things. Like business, personal life and Dwayne’s mom is very good at cracking jokes.

Dwayne and those two were just staring at each other. It’s seems to me as if they are in another world apart from the one me,mom, and his mom is.

I felt anger boiling inside me.
Why…I mean how come?

I know he wanted to talk or at least ask them something. Because his eyes said it all.

He must be wondering why they are here with me but because of his mom, he is holding himself back.

Before we decided it’s time to call it a day, It was very late at night.

“Thanks for the dinner Rachel!… It was great to see you Dwayne!”, My mom said to Dwayne and his mom.

” It was sooo nice of you honouring my invitation Anna” she replied and turned to look at us. I mean i, and the beggars.

” Thanks for coming!” She directed not at me, but at the two idiot beggars.

” O.. Kay… Ma… Thank you Ma” the guy stuttered for the third time today and the lady just kept mute.

“Oh come here.” Dwayne mom said opening her arm wide open for the beggar lady.

Reluctantly, she went into her arm.

“If only she knew that those two are beggars of the lowest level” I hissed inwardly.

Dwayne was just standing there with his hands inside his trousers pocket.

“Bye Dwayne!” My mom waved at Dwayne before going into her car.

Remember we came separately? So we are also going back home separately.

“We would also be on our way…bye Mom”

” Okay dear. Bye!”

” Bye Dwayne!” I waved at him but he just ignored my greetings heading inside with his mom following behind.

Since it late,I think he would just sleep over here and go home in the morning.

“Let’s go!” I whispered only to the two hearing.

I opened the door, and when they both climbed in, I slammed it shut angrily. I did a great mistake by taking them along with me.

Dwayne didn’t even spare me a glance back there and each time I glare at him, his expression would change.

I drove out of the mansion hitting the road and then, it started raining.

Slowly at first, but later heavily.
No way am going back to that restaurant.

“I can as well drop them off here” I thought.

They are beggars right? They would find their way back home. That would be enough punishment for getting more attention form Dwayne’s mom, than me.

I stopped the car abruptly.

“Get out!” I said glancing over at them.

“What!” They both asked perplexed by my sudden behavior.

” You heard me right!…I said GET OUT!” I yelled at them and they flinched.

” But it’s rainy and we don’t even know anywhere around here please” the guy pleaded arousing my anger the more.

Not minding how heavy the rain is, I got out of the car and pushed the back seat door opened.

“Get out!” I shouted at them while dragging them both outta my car.

I saw them scurried away probably looking for a place to hide but got none because this is a express way.
No shop, not even a house is around here unless they trek up a miles.

I got into the drivers seat and drove off with a second glance at them.
Serves them right.

*DWAYNE’S POV*

Not long after the b!tch car left our mansion, it started raining.
Heavily!.

Though am confused about all what that took place just now, I didn’t ask for any explanation from Mom. I knew she had been fed with lies. A very big lies.

I can’t help but wonder the reason why she brought those two with her.

With the little time I got to know her, I realized how bad of a person she is.

In this time of the night, would she take them back to the restaurant??
I can’t just trust her!.

With that, I took my car key from the center table heading outside.

“Dwayne!..where are you going this late at night and in this heavy rain!?” I heard my Mom asked worriedly.

” Home!…am returning back home Mom!” I told her and without waiting for her reply, I got outside and out here in the rain. I made my way to my car and drove out of the mansion.

DROP YOUR COMMENTS
Re: The Scent by Dapalace: 2:46pm On Feb 07, 2021
13/14

*EPISODE 13*

(SIR DWAYNE’S MANSION)

*DWAYNE POV *

Immediately I got outta the mansion, and my car hit the road, I started driving at high speed.

The rain beating my wheel screen was blocking my sight to view whatever is in front of me but I didn’t let it get to me.

I don’t know why. But my mind is not at rest when I thought about Alex and Amelia with that ev!l daughter of a b!tch.

With my full light on, I drove pass the direction of my mansion. I don’t know the exact location am going to. All I know is that am trailing the way to that b!tch house.

Due to the speed at which I drove, I didn’t take notice of the person or maybe people waving their hands towards the direction of my car.

Wait!
Isn’t that Alex and Amelia?
I said it!
That girl is ev!l!.
Animal clothed in human form!.

Hurriedly, I reversed back to where they were standing drenched in the rain.

When I got there, I quickly came out of the car without minding my Allergy to rain.

“Please help us sir” they both chorused running to me.

” Alex!… Amelia!” I called worried.
They are both shaking profusely am very sure that they will catch a cold.

“Sir Dwayne?” Alex asked surprised.

“Come on!” I hushed helping them into the car.

After am sure they have settled in, I quickly got into the drivers seat and zoomed off.

I have no intention of taking them anywhere but my house. And now, am making up my mind not to ever let go of them. I don’t want them outta my vicinity anymore. I think have suddenly developed the urge to protect this two.

No wonder people talk about God sent.

Even if am not their God sent, I really want to volunteer myself and take up the task.

No way in hell am I gonna leave them anymore.

They are now MINE!
I don’t care about their opinion.

Am never gonna allow them leave my side anymore!.

*ALEX POV*

I shouldn’t have trusted that woman!.

How would a human with conscience behave such way to another human?

Are beggars really equal to animals?

Is that the philosophy of rich and wealthy men?

That we beggars are not but a slave born to suffer and later die anyway?
What have we done wrong!?
Why is this world so cruel to us?

Why would a human purposefully for no reason pursue another out of her car to get soaked and drenched in this heavily raining rain?

But I think after all, there’s still some one.
I mean, just one person,who seems to be the nicest of all.

Sir Dwayne! If not for him, by now or in a few hours time, two dead bodies would have been reported found.

Two unknown bodies! No one to wail for! No one to mourn them!.

That thought,had my eyes clouded with tears. I looked over my side at Lia, and I saw her crying silently and I grunted sourly.

Why would a human allow her conscience to sink so low to this extent? The only one person I can put my trust on now, is sir Dwayne. Even though I don’t know where he is taking us, I still trust him.

I know he would do us no harm.

The car abrupt stop, made me wonder where we are.

With the help of his car full light, I saw the familiar gate.
house?
Am not mistaken!.
This is sir Dwayne’s house.

The gate opened, and closed by itself as usual. But instead of parking at the spot he parked in, the other day,he packed very close to the door.

*DWAYNE’S POV*

If not because am putting in all my strength and efforts, I wouldn’t have been able to drive home safely.
My body was shaking all throughout the drive home.

Am Allergic to rain since childhood. Whenever it’s raining,I always stay indoor. That was the reason for the worried expression on Mom’s face the other time. Thank heaven I made it home safely.

The only thing I can’t guarantee is me waking up tommorow morning.
Hiding my body reaction, I got out to open the door for Alex and Amelia with shaky hands.

I pressed my birthday date, 1506, and the door flew opened. I saw how cold and soaked the two are and I wonder why they ain’t questioning me on the reason why I brought them to my Mansion.

Trust me, as I am now, I won’t be able to answer any question. The rain is still raining heavily.

They got in, I locked the door and turned on the light before turning to them.

“Give me a minute” I told them before going into my room.

I got in and went to my closet. I opened it and brought out one of my short and one t-shirt.

That is for Amelia. Because I knew how fragile she is, I already pictured how baggy the cloth would look on her.

I think that would be better in other to ease the rain impact on her.

Going over to the other side of the closet, I brought out my newly bought long sleeve shirt and a long trouser.
That would be for Alex.

I closed back my closet and made my way to the living room.

“Take!…. take!” I said while giving them both, the dress I brought out.

“Come!” I slowly said because it seems all my energy are fading away.

This the worst effect of my Allergy since I had it.

I took them to the other room very close to my room.

“This is where you would be sleeping now!” I told them.

I opened the door to the bathroom and showed them how to operate the bath tub.

“Just press this for warm water” I explained showing them the red button.
“It will help cool and ease the coldness” I added.

“Thank you sir”Alex said and I gave him a little smile.

If not because of my current state, I would never allow them stay together in a room.

I looked at Amelia and her eyes has become puffy.

Has she been crying?
She bowed her head when she saw me staring at her.

What my instinct want now, is to draw her closer and inhale that scent of hers. But no strength to do that.

“If you need anything, just go to the kitchen”I directed at them and they shook their heads.

“We are okay sir!…thank you sir!” Alex said.

“Okay… goodnight then.”

I slowly and sluggishly walked out of the room heading to mine.

I got in and dropped on the bed. Shaking and gnashing my teeth. This is the second time out of my 31 years of being allergic to rain.

I can’t call Mom because the last time I called her, she almost had an heart failure and that was in the day. Now imagine me calling her in this middle of the night.

I didn’t go to the shower because even the hottest water would never cure it. So I just laid on the bed, leaving other things to my destiny.

I don’t think am destined to die Young. Am I

*EPISODE 14*

AMELIA POV

Immediately Sir Dwayne got out of the room he showed us, I didn’t wait for any seconds before running back into the bath room or what did he called it?.

I got into that thing that looks like a big and long bowl and pressed the button he asked us to press.

The warm water hit my body,and I breathe a sign of relief.

I quickly scrub my body and soak myself deep inside the bowl. I never intended to stay longer because of Alex so after am sure the coldness is no more as possessing as before, I got out and wore the cloth sir Dwayne gave to me the other time before going out of the bath room.

“Alex…” I wanted to say but before I could finish my sentence,he brushed pass me going into the bath room.

Hmmm!.

I looked around and the room looks breathtaking.

The coldness was working through my brain the other time and that’s why I didn’t even check the room sir showed us to.
The room is well arranged.

It has different wall painting, a big comfy bed in the middle of the room with a fancy bed cover on it.

Wait!
Am I sleeping here together with Alex?

Alex is like a junior brother to me. So sleeping here with him is like am sleeping on same bed with junior brother right?

I threw myself on the bed and woooow,have never seem something as soft and as accommodating as this. It looks like heaven.

Am feeling better now. Because am a beggar doesn’t mean people should treat me like trash.

That lady! Whenever I set my eyes on her next, I would make sure I give her a piece of the shit she tried with us today.
Am tired of people treating us like trash.

“Like look at me!” I heard Alex amused voice and turned my head to see him coming out of the bathroom.
He look good in those clothes Truth be said.

I looked down at myself for the first time since have been putting on this cloth, and I saw how baggy it is.

It looks like I was thrown into it.

“You look good” I complemented him and he smiled broadly.

He got on the bed beside me but very far away from me.

“Good boy!” I smiled inwardly.

“This is a real heaven!” He said and I nodded in agreement.

Then unconsciously, my mind took me back to sir Dwayne. His behavior earlier, was something i can’t even explain.

He looks uncomfortable and he seems as if he is holding himself back from breaking down.
What could have been wrong with him?

I shifted uncomfortably on my side and saw Alex snoring and fast asleep beside me. This the first time in years I saw him sleeping peacefully without worries.

My mind won’t be at ease with me sleeping here without checking on him.

With that, I stood up from the bed, tiptoeing to the door,I opened it and got out of the room.

I moved closer to the room Sir Dwayne went into earlier and placed my ears on it.

No movement? How am I going to know whether he’s okay?.

“Sir Dwayne?!”I called slowly, knocking on his room door. but I got no response.

Is he sleeping?

I saw that thing sir touched when he wanted to open the door earlier and I eyed it suspiciously.

I gently took my hands to it and turned just like he did. The door clink opened and my heart did a double shift.

I firstly took my head in but couldn’t see anything. So I entered into the room properly.

“Woooow” the room looks manly and far more arranged than ours.
It look ravishing!.

But where is sir Dwayne?

I roamed my eyes around the room and it zero on the figure sleeping on the bed.

Sir Dwayne?

I moved to have a closer look at him and he was still putting on his clothes.

That cloth is soaked! Why haven’t he had a change of clothes?

“Sir Dwayne” I called moving more closely to touch him, my hand made contact with his body and I gasped.

What!
His body is as cold as that of a corpse.

I was shaking and gasping on the spot.

What should I do!?

What’s happening to him?

I drew him to turn him on his back, and struggled to help him off his clothes.

How am I going to remove his trouser?

I wanted to go wake Alex up but thought against it.

Alex easily get scared. I don’t want to scare him.

Closing my eyes,I took my hands to his trouser and zipped it down.

Still closing my eyes, I stood up from the bed and drew his trouser down his leg.

I slowly opened my eyes and my eyes landed on something in his lower body.

“What’s that?”I wondered staring at the long thing.

I took my eyes back to the trouser and removed it from his leg.

“Sir Dwayne?” I called again but he doesn’t give any reply.

I should have thought he’s dead but when I drew my face closer to his nose, his breath fanned my face.

I looked around the room not knowing what to do. He looks helpless. Even though I don’t know what to do. I did the only thing my mind told me to.

Str!pping myself out of clothes, I was not Left with the short sir gave me and the only Lacy bra that wasn’t even mine but inherited from my mom.

I got on the bed and laid on top of him. I drew the bed cover up and closed us both to head level.

My mom told me that when the body of a gender is this cold, the other gender has to lay on him in other to help him get his temperature back.
know this is the only way to help him.

Sleeping on his unconscious body, feels somehow. It makes me feels as if am save from the cruel world. It makes me feel more peaceful than the small hut and slowly I drifted to Dreamland.

DROP YOUR COMMENTS

1 Like

Re: The Scent by Dapalace: 1:54pm On Feb 08, 2021
15/16
*THE SCENT *

*EPISODE 15*
(STEALING A KSS FROM HER!)

*DWAYNE’S POV *

*NEXT MORNING*

I woke up when I felt my chest heavy as if a big stone,if not a mountain is on it.

And then, the event of yesterday came rushing into my memory.

Am alive!

If there’s something you wanna call a miracle,then that’s ME!.

With how I felt yesterday,I never thought I could survive it.

I felt something stir on top of me and I stiffened.

What’s that?

I was d@mn scared!.

Is this the aftermath of yesterday?

Making sure I ain’t moving,with shaky hands,I threw opened the bed cover and I gasped with my eyes widening to unknown degree.

What!

Amelia?

I looked down at her and:

OH MY GOD!

am very true n@ked under her, and she’s very much half n@ked on me.

What’s going on?

She stirred again still asleep, and her face got very closer to mine. Just inches apart.

How?…I mean why??…why is she here?

Is very hard recollecting what has happened last night. All I knew was that, I left their room after showing it to them and entered mine.

I also remembered that immediately I got into mine,I slumped on the bed.forgetting to lock my room door.

And maybe I passed out,with the thought that I would never wake up again.

So the miracle that happened to me overnight, was Amelia?

Although I don’t know what it means for her to lay on me with both of us naked. But it really did help to bring my temperature back to normal.

I stared at her face and FVCK!

The girl is pretty.

I mean she possessed a beauty compared to that of a goddess.

I lowered my head and she breathe directly into my nostrils.

That SCENT!.

The scent was so confusing!

So familiar that it had me bonded in a thinking and recollecting session.

For this thing she did, thanking her from now till eternity would never be enough.

She saved my life!.

I stared at her face again and my eyes went to her lips.

So tempting!.

Unconsciously, I found my lips on hers.

Is like taking advantage of someone right?

But I don’t care!.

I mean she already took advantage of my unconscious state and stared at my naked body right?. So stealing a kss from her is nothing compared to that.

I wonder how she would feel when she wakes up to find my eyes wide open staring at her.

I bet she would just pray for the ground to open and swallow her out of sheer embarrassment.

I stared at her shacarrine sweet lips, and now knowingly, I kssed her again. And immediately I did that, her eyes flustered opened.

Instantly, no one told me to close my eyes back and pretend to be fast asleep.

Still pretending to be asleep, I felt her hand on my forehead and she breathe a sign of relief.

She cautiously pulled herself away from me and I fought the urge to open my eyes and stare at her n@ked body.

Pe*rvert!.

I don’t know what she’s doing. But the whole room was silent.

Is she out already?

I slowly opened one of my eyes and saw her tiptoeing to the door already putting on her shirt.

I better not talk about this then. because it seems she wasn’t even planning on telling me she saved my life.

I got out of bed and saw my clothes on the floor. I eye searched for my phone and unlocked it.

10 missed call?

From Mom?

I bet she’s damn worried about me right now.

The time is 4:30 am so I still have two good hours to sleep before the final wake up by 6:00am.

I climbed back on bed. Hoping to get my two more hours to go sleep but to my surprise, all I got was “K!SS, THE SCENT, AND THE N@KED SCENE OF BOTH OF US” replaying in my head.

What’s happening to me?

what have you done to me AMELIA?

*MRS MOOR POV*

I have been restless since Dwayne left the mansion last night.

And since then, I have been calling him sleeplessly. But he wasn’t doing me any good by not picking up.

Am worried and at same time scared.

I don’t want anything to happen to him.

Not after all what I did to him.

Depriving him of his real parents, by giving my daughter in exchange for him just because of my selfish interest.

Just because I want to be the one to produce the heir that would inherit the company!.

I don’t just want to be a passer-by in my husband house.

And you want to know what I did?

I just don’t have a choice.

Even after the threat from my husband family. I still went ahead to give birth to a baby girl.

Who would be the heir to inherit his company?

And it was the exact time I gave birth to a baby girl that a very poor woman who was in same ward with me gave birth to a baby boy.

So I exchanged both child.

I just have to do it for the same of me and my baby.

Even though I always go to visit the poor woman without her knowledge of the evil I did to her.

She was happy that a rich and wealthy woman like me, stoop so low in coming to see her on the street.

For good five years! I usually take Dwayne with me then.

My husband saw this and got really annoyed with me.

He warned me never to go see her again.

And since then, I lost all contact of her.

But the girl Lucy brought with her to this mansion yesterday, has the same scent as my little Oona.

Am confused!.

*EPISODE 16*
(HER REGRET)

*AMELIA’S POV *

I sneaked out of sir Dwayne’s room by tiptoeing to the door. I can’t just imagine him waking up to see me on top of him.

But my idea really did helped a lot!.
I never knew what my mom told me then, would later be of help.

I don’t know why. But before the death of my parents, whenever it’s raining and my dad goes out, he always came back with his body as cold as that of sir Dwayne yesterday.

This sickness was a great burden to us because we don’t have a particular place to call a home, we slept anywhere even sometimes in the market. So whenever it’s raining and my dad isn’t in a place with roof or anything to protect him from the rain, he would fall sick with his body so cold like a corpse.

We could have decided to take him to the hospital but where Is the money? And so my mom would lay on him with both of them n@ked.

You now know why I did that yesterday?
Because that’s how my mom does to dad and it usually works.

Sadly, my dad’s death was because of this sickness.

One day, we all went out and parted separately but not before we agreed on where to meet after all the beggings for the day.

That day, it rained so heavily that even all the roads were flooded. The one that rained yesterday, can never be compared to that of the day am talking about.

I knew how worried my mom is because even i was so scared and was silently praying for a helper who would allow my dad wherever he is to stay inside his/her house till the raining session is over.
But you know what happened?

No!

My prayer wasn’t answered!.

The rain lasted for complete 8 hours!
And It started and dawned on my dad.
He has no where to stay!

It was only I, and mom that arrived at the transport route that day. My dad was missing!.

We searched and looked for him in all the areas we knew he always go to beg.

But we never found him that day!.

Not until the next day when we heard people talking about an unidentified corpse found on the road. My Mom cried her eyes out that day same was i. I was devastated!.

And that was the reason why I panicked when I saw sir Dwayne in such state yesterday.

“You saved him!” My inner mind whispered and I smiled proudly.

Yeah! I saved him.

I slowly and silently opened the door to our room and got in.

Aaaaa! Thank heaven!

Alex was fast asleep.

I moved and got on the bed beside him.

For him to be snoring this much, he must be very tired and exhausted from yesterday.

I opened the bed cover and stare at Alex.

I took my eye to exact place I saw that long thing.

What!

Alex is also having it?

But wait!

sir Dwayne’s own is more longer and bigger.

“Why?”I thought and slowly took my hand to Alex’s own.

“Lia?” He called surprised while staring between me and my hand on his own thing.

Oh! I woke him up from his peaceful sleep.

Is it a bad thing to touch?

“Lia!” He called again and jumped out of the bed.

What!

“Lia!…what are you doing?” He asked and I pulled a confused look.

What am I doing?

” I wanted to check that thing of course!…is there anything bad in that?”

” Check what thing?”
” Lia!…you are vi0lating me!” He yelled lowly.

” Vi0lating you?”

” Yes!…you are touching my manly thing!” He cried out again.

” I don’t know what you are talking about Alex. Just calm down and explain it to me. What’s that thing is for!” I told him and his eyes widened again.

” Lia!… what has gotten into you?” He asked lowly.

“Just tell me!” I replied already standing up also.

“Wait!… wait!… wait!… wait!… Don’t come any closer!”he rasped already moving back.

” Okay!…wait!..I will tell you!…the thing is used for making babies!” He explained and I gasped.

Making babies?

*LUCY POV *

“Lucy!…get up you this good for nothing daughter!” I heard my mom harsh voice.

” Mom?”I called surprised.

I rubbed my eyes and sat up properly.

“What’s the harsh word all about this early in the morning?”I asked her and she scoffed.

” You are just so dumb and foolish!” She said again and I flinched.

” Mom?…mom why all this?”
“What’s going on?” I added.

“Something is going on!… Infact, everything is going on!”she snapped at me angrily.

” So I called you yesterday to the Moor’s mansion. And the only thing you could come up with is to bring those two idiot friends of yours along right?”
” Do you know what that woman has in mind to discuss at the dinner yesterday?”
” She wanted to discuss on how the arrangements of your engagement with his son would go you this shameless daughter!” She shouted and I gasped.

Engagement?

” So why didn’t she later discuss it?” I asked slowly.

” Something that was meant to be personal!… something that is supposed to be discussed between the two families alone! You went ahead and brought a third party you this idiot!”she cussed me for the first time in my whole years of being her daughter.

What!

“And you know what got me annoyed the most?…you could have seen how Dwayne was checking out that stupid friend of yours!….you could have seen what his eyes held for the girl!”

” Affection!”
” It helps affection!” She shouted again.

I was just staring at him completely confused.
Why is she getting this angry?

“Even Rachel, Dwayne’s mom showed much affection towards her than you!”

” It was as if the two knew each other before!…you just missed another opportunity I worked very hard in giving you!”she yelled and stormed out of my room.

Why am I always with a bad luck?

“THOSE TWO!” I shouted with gritted teeth.

What I did to those two is just the beginning of the hell am gonna show them!
Am gonna make it sooooo soooo hard for them to the extent that they would personally pray to see death!.

Just wait and see how I destroy those two stinking, poor, dirty, wretched beggars!

DROP YOUR COMMENT
Re: The Scent by Dapalace: 10:56am On Feb 10, 2021
17/18

*THE SCENT *

*EPISODE 17*

* DWAYNE’S POV*

I keep groaning and tossing on my bed because I couldn’t stop thinking about Amelia and the condition I found myself this morning.

When I was unable to take it anymore, I stood up and headed for their room.

I got to the door and wanted to go in when I heard silent noises.

What’s happening?

I stood their not making any attempt to go.

“Okay!…okay!…okay!…don’t come any closer!… The thing is used in making babies!” I heard Alex say.

Babies?

Why are they talking about babies?

“Babies?”Amelia asked.

” yes babies!”

“Wait!… But how do you know this Alex?

” because am a man!”

“So explain to me how men use that thing to make babies!?”

Am so confused right now.

What thing are they talking about?

“I don’t know Lia!…maybe you should ask sir Dwayne!”

Ask me?

“Hmmm!…. But why is sir Dwayne’s own bigger than yours?” She asked and I heard Alex gasped.

What thing am I having that is bigger than Alex?

“Lia!…how do you know that?!”

“I…hmmm….I….just….I mean I…..I mistakenly look at it when sir Dwayne was showing us to the bathroom yesterday!” She stuttered nervously.

“What!… Lia!…you shouldn’t be starring at sir Dwayne’s manly thing!” I heard Alex voice and I gasped.

Stare at my manly thing?

That’s my d***k!

I looked down at my d***k.

This isn’t big is it?

What!

That’s enough!

I can’t take this anymore.

I barged into the room and saw them both scurried and hurry to the bed. Pretending as if they weren’t the one arguing about my d***k earlier.

“Good morning sir” they greeted.

“Good morning.” I replied simply also pretending as if I never heard anything.

“I would be going to work this morning so I want to ask what you guys would be needing because you both are gonna be staying here henceforth!” I told them going straight to the point.

I saw them both stare at each other before their gaze finally settled on me.

“Staying here!” They both chorused and I nodded.

“Please…I don’t mean anything… I just don’t want you guys going back to the street again… Please!..” I added.

They stared at each other again and suddenly they ran to embrace each other.

“Finally!” Alex said happily.

Finally?

What’s finally?

“Yes!…finally our prayer has been answered!” Amelia replied him.

“Thank you so much sir!…we don’t even know how to thank you Sir!… You have done so much for us sir….you are the answer to our prayers sir!…you are our helper so you are the answer sir!” Alex said with a voice mixed with happiness and appreciation.

“Thank you sir” Amelia also said.

“Does that mean you are accepting my offer?” I asked they both.

“Yes!”

Yes?

YES!

They really accepted my offer!

“Thank you!… Thank you really!” I said and I saw them both pulled a surprised look.

“Why are you thanking us sir?…we should be the one doing the thanking!” Alex said and I smiled at him.

Wooow!

Finally!

Am finally going to be their protector from now on.

*LUCY POV*

I sat down on my bed and mom’s angry word keeps replaying in my head.

“You could have seen how Dwayne was starring at her. you want to know what his eyes held?”

“Affection!.”

“You also saw how his mom was showing her more affection than you?”

That last part got me on my feet.

I won’t allow that!

Never!

I will just go to the Moor’s mansion and split it out to Mrs Moor that those two idiots are beggars. I want her to understand how kind hearted I am. I would tell her how I took those two to a very expensive boutique and bought them those nice wears they were putting on yesterday.

I would also make her understand that it was out of generosity that made me brought them over to the arranged dinner.

She would definitely praise and thank me!.

*EPISODE 18 *

(REALIZATION AND REGRETS) morning

*ALEX POV *

I still can’t believe sir Dwayne word earlier. that we are now going to be staying with him here in this paradise of heaven!. It’s seems like a dream to me.

Finally!

Finally we have somewhere to call our home for the first time.

Even if it may be for a little while.

Still, we are going to be living here for now!.

“Lia!…sir Dwayne is our God sent!” I giggled happily.

“Yes!…he really is!” She replied with her excitement clearly showed in her voice.

Sir Dwayne left for work already. But not after promising to send a woman from his company to us. He said he would ask the woman to come here, and that we should tell the woman all what we would be needing for staying here.

He even promised to hire a maid who would teach Lia how to cook so that we won’t always depend on ordered food before we can eat.

He told us that immediately he get back from work,he would take us to a boutique for wears shopping.

You can’t start to imagine how happy I am.

Now, we are in the living room watching TV.

I looked over at Lia and I saw all her concentration on the TV.

I wonder what has gotten into her this morning.

Thank God she isn’t talking about such and embarrassing thing anymore.

“Alex!…see those two!” She suddenly said and I took my eyes to the TV.

What!

“Is the lady catching cold?” She asked and I chuckled.

When I thought I already escaped her awkward question.

There it is!

Another question to answer!

The guy was lying on top of the girl and he was even kissing and touching her.

“Lia!… you shouldn’t be watching that!” I cooed moving to block her from staring further.

“Alex!…what are you doing?” She asked whining like a baby.

“They want to make babies…so,you shouldn’t be watching it!” I told her giving her my best Stern look.

“Alex!…leave there!”

“No!”

“Leave!”

“No!” I insisted.

I looked back at the TV and saw that they are no more showing the scene but another scene.

“Now you can watch that!”I told her while moving away from to let her have a clear view of the TV once again.

She rolled her eyes at me and I chuckled again.

Christ!

I just haven’t seen this side of her before!

*MRS MOOR POV*

When Dwayne isn’t picking any of my calls. Am afraid something bad has happened to him.

“Please Lord!….save my son!” I prayed silently.

I can’t just afford to lose him.

“I think the best thing to do is to go check up on him”I thought.

“Yes!…that’s the best thing to do!” My inner mind supported.

” Good morning ma” I heard Velma’s voice.

She’s the only maid who would come to my room door step this early. And I know the reason why she’s here.

“I don’t want any coffee this morning!” I yelled so she would hear.

I mean which mother in her right sense would take anything when she is this anxious of her only son’s health. I don’t even know what is happening to him presently.

“Ma…Miss Lucy is here to see you.” I heard her say again.

Lucy?

Why is she here this early?

“Has she forgotten something here yesterday?”I wondered.

” She told you she’s here to see me?”I asked again to be sure.

“Yes ma!”

“Oh, okay!…tell her am coming!”

“Okay ma!” She politely answered before I heard her footstep fading away to the living room I guess.

I wondered why she’s here this morning tho!

I already had my bath so I quickly took my orange small fancy bag and headed for the living room.

*LUCY POV *

I got to the Moor’s mansion and the first person I saw was the maid that attended to us the first time we came here.

“Good morning ma’am!” She greeted and I gave her a little smile.

Who said am here to hear her greetings?

“I want to see Mrs Moor” I told her.

“Okay ma’am!…wait a minute”she said and I nodded at her before taking my sit on the couch.

“She asked to tell you that she’s coming!” The maid said bowing slightly.

And not long after,I saw Mrs Moor descending the stairs.

Very good.

“Good morning Mom!” I greeted her with a smile.

“Morning my dear!” She replied smiling back at me.

“Hope all is well?” She asked and I nodded.

“Yes Mom…I just came to inform you about something!” I told her and I saw her glare at me with curiosity.

” Really?… okay then!…am all ears!” She said while taking her sit on the couch very close to me.

“Is about those two I brought with me here yesterday” I told her and she gave me a questionable look.

” What about them?”she asked again curiously.

“They are beggars!” I said and she gasped.

“Wh…w…. what…I mean…what did you just said?!”she stuttered.

“they are beggars!”I repeated.

” I brought them here and bought them those clothes they were putting on yesterday because I just can’t stand to see humans like me suffering without helping them!”I added proudly.

” What you are saying is that those two are beggars?” She asked and there is this thing in her voice that confused me.

“Yes!” I replied.

“So where are they now?” She asked and I pulled a confused look.

“Ma?”

” I SAID WHERE ARE THEY?!” she yelled at me and I flinched.

Why is she yelling at me?

I think she’s supposed to be praising me for being generous.

“I asked you a question!” She said and I think I saw tears welling down in her eyes.

Why is she getting this emotionally?

“I don’t know Mom!…. I dropped them off yesterday on the express road!” I told her and she slapped me.

” Wha…. “I wanted to say when she landed another slap on my face.

“You dropped them off inside that heavy rain?” She asked me angrily.

“But Mo…” I still wanted to say when she landed the third slap on my face.

What!!!!!

DROP YOUR COMMENT
Re: The Scent by Dapalace: 7:14pm On Feb 13, 2021
19/22

*THE SCENT *

*EPISODE 19*

(WOULD SHE FORGIVE ME?)

*MRS MOOR POV*

All I felt right now, was pain!

Regrets!

“How could you!?” I roared at her and I saw her backed away from me.

“Mom?”

Idi0t still have the mouth to call me mom?

I would never mother a wicked soul like her!.

Never!

So my instinct was right all along?

That girl from yesterday was my Oona!

I gave her that name.

I asked her to. And she did named her Oona.

After my husband’s warning not to go see the woman again and i know is because he doesn’t know the truth of the matter.

And when he saw that I wasn’t making any attempt to stop seeing her, he forcefully asked me to travel out of the state with Dwayne.

And it was after 5 years that we came back.

I looked and searched for her but couldn’t find her. Then,I lost all hope of seeing her and my daughter again.

But not until I saw that lady yesterday!. She smelt of my daughter. The resemblance wasn’t a mistake!.

How do I beg her to forgive me now?

Dwayne!

How would I tell him I didn’t mothered him?

I loved him!

I loved her!

I loved them both.

“Where are they?” I asked finally calming down a bit.

“I truly don’t know ma!” She replied with a shaky voice.

I know she’s probably confused right now and i also know am scaring her. But she deserves it all.

What if she wasn’t my daughter?

What right does she have to drop them on the express in that heavy rain? She’s surely wicked!.

I once thought she’s the right person for my Dwayne.

But now I know she doesn’t deserve my son. Not even a bit.

“You don’t know where they are staying also. do you?”I asked her again.

” I…I…. don’t know ma…but I can take you…some… somewhere!”she stuttered and I felt myself finally calming down with the little hope she just gave me.

“Okay!…take me there!”

“Right now!” I added.

“Ok….okay ma!” She replied.

I just hope to see her again!.

My daughter!

My pretty daughter!.

*LUCY POV*

We got outside and she ordered angrily for me to get into the back seat of her car.

She got into the drivers seat,ignited the engine,and drove out of the mansion.

I don’t know why she’s worried about those two beggars.

I painfully took my hand to my cheek.

“Ouuuch!” I groaned lowly. She gave me a three thunderous slap.

If not that I shrieked away from her she would have given me the forth one.

Those two!

Those two would definitely die by my hand.

I would make sure I squeeze the life out of them!

“Where!” She shouted from the drivers seat and I flinch.

” This direction ma!”I quickly replied her.

I continued showing her the direction to the restaurant.

“Are you sure this is the place?” She asked when we got there.

” Yes ma!”

“am very sure they would pass by very soon!”I told her but she kept mute not saying anything.

*DWAYNE’S POV*

Throughout my stay in office today,if you don’t know me being the CEO, you will definitely think i won some sort of lottery.

I was giggling and whistling silently all through.

I even told my secretary I won’t come to office tomorrow. I already sent one of my female worker home. I gave her my VIP master card.

I asked her to buy a lot of foodstuff and also everything the both of them would be needing. I also did only browsing for the best cook in this country.

Amelia told me she doesn’t know how to prepare any meal so I want the best cook in this city to be her lecturer.

Oh!…i haven’t called mom to reassure her that am okay!.

I got so occupied with all what am beginning to imagine that I would do for those two. I think I should call her now.

I picked up my phone and dialed her number.

It seems shes busy because she picked up on the fifth ring.

”Hello Dwayne!…how are you doing?…why haven’t you been picking up your calls?” She asked in one breath and i chuckled.

” I…i….am.n…n…ot..feeelig…fine!” I groaned and I heard her intake of breath.

A little prank will do.

We are no more in the midnight ans am very sure nothing would happen to her in this broad daylight and with a lot of maid in the mansion to take care of her.

“What!…” She shouted fearfully and I silently broke into laughter.

“Am coming!…wait a little while Dwayne!… please stay strong for momma…please son!”I heard her say and i bet her voice was as if she was crying.

” What Mom…”I wanted to say but she already hanged up.

Am in for trouble today!. I know she won’t come to the company but she would go straight ahead to my house.

Alex and Amelia!

I have to go home now.

I grabbed my car key and headed outside.

Mom would be really angry with me when she get to know am keeping two strange human being inside my house.

21/22

THE SCENT

(WHEN A RICH MAN FALL IN LOVE WITH A BEGGAR )

EPISODE 21

(UNRAVELING THE TRUTH)

WRITING BY_______DAMMY B

*MRS MOOR POV*

I drove at high speed to Dwayne’s mansion.

I just can’t afford to lose my son.

“Please save him!….God!…save my son!” I keep praying silently.

I got to his mansion and drove in.

I got out of the car in an haste, quickly pressed his password, and the door flew wide opened.

“Dwayne?” I called loudly when I got inside.

“Dwayne?”I called again but got no reply.

“Mommy is here for you son!”I said with a broken voice.

I was about to walk towards his room,

And then,

I saw her!

I saw them!

My baby!

The baby I went in search of earlier.

Right here in Dwayne’s house.

Destiny cannot be debar!.

“My baby?”I called uncertainly.

“Oona?”

“My baby!”I shouted and ran to hug her.

No way am letting her go anymore.

People would criticize me! I know they would say sort of things!. Like how greedy I am! How selfish and wicked I am! But I don’t care! In as much as I can have the forgiveness of my baby. I won’t care!.

I know how confused she is right now because I can feel her body stiffened.

Just as I was about to disengage from the hug, I saw the door creaked open. I look back and saw Dwayne.

Hun?

Nothing is wrong with him?

*DWAYNE’S POV*

I left for home immediately my mom called. She mustn’t find out about Alex and Amelia.

I drove at a little high speed. I got home and

Geez!

Oops!

She arrived earlier than me. How am I going to face her?.

I got in and, The sight I met was confusing.

What’s happening?

I expected to meet more delicate sight! But the position I met my mom was a very confusing one.

I looked besides me and saw that W!TCH!

Why is she here?

I told my eyes to mom again and she already disengaged from the hug.

Why is she hugging Amelia?

Hun?

“Mom?”I called when I saw how teary her eyes was.

“Mom!”I ran to her.

“Mom!…why are you crying?”

“As you can see am okay!”

“So quit all this act and stop crying!”I rushed.

“Am sorry!”

“Am so sorry Dwayne!”

“Oona”she abruptly faced Amelia.

Oona?

Who is Oona?

“Please forgive me Oona!”she cried and I gasped.

Oona?

Isn’t that the name of the little girl my mom always took me to see when during my childhood?

“Mom!…who is Oona?”I asked out of curiosity.

“She’s Oona!…she’s my baby!”she said and I gasped again.

OH NO!

No wonder!

So that scent!

SH!T!

Now I remember!

That scent was my childhood memories.

My childhood friend Oona!

Oh my!

I thought as much!

I should have think deeply about it.

But wait!

“Your baby?”I asked to be sure of what I heard her say just now.

“Am so sorry!….Dwayne!…Oona!…Am Soo sorry!”she pleaded again instead of answering my question.

“Mom I thought I just asked a question?”I directed at her lowly.

Hoping is not in anyway what am thinking.

“She’s my daughter!”

“She really is my daughter!”

“I exchanged you guys!”

“I’m sorry!…. I’m seriously sorry!”she rasped and I scoffed.

She must be joking right?

*AMALIA POV *

I’m confused! I really am in a state of dilemma!.

What!?

Am her baby?

She exchanged us?

Who and who did she exchanged?

She’s even calling me OOna.

“Have we met before?”I asked her confusingly.

“Yes!….yes Oona!…am your mother!…. forgive me please!”she begged sitting on the floor.

I looked at sir Dwayne and he also has the same confused look.

“Mom!….I don’t seems to understand anymore!…yes, you said she’s Oona!…the daughter of your friend then, my childhood friend also….the daughter of that po…”he wanted to say but restricted himself.

I saw his expression changed to that I couldn’t tell.

I don’t understand anything going on here.

Sir Dwayne is my childhood friend?

Oh no!

Why must I lost my memory in the first place?

“Yes!…she’s Oona!”

“I will reveal everything!”

“I will confess!”she cried out again.

“Okay…just sit down first!…sit and explain!”Dwayne told her and she obliged.

“30 years ago….”she started.

And I balanced and prepare myself to hear her confession as she said!.

EPISODE 22

*(HER CONFESSION)*

WRITING BY_______DAMMY B

*MRS MOOR POV*

“30 years ago!…” I started at the verge of breaking down and crying again.

” 30 years ago, my husband families were on my neck when they heard about the scan I went to do at the hospital!”

“i had a miscarriage twice before… And when I got pregnant this time around, my husband, Mr Moor didn’t allow even the smallest insect which can only be seen by using a microscope to touch me!”

“h…he..is the most caring husband have ever seen!.. he loved me wholeheartedly!” I said with my emotions at the peak of my voice.

“but…. But when I went to do the scan,… It came out that am going to give birth to a baby girl!”my voice was hoarse when I said that.

” His families!… His families really despise me because of that!… And when they heard that I won’t be able to give birth anymore,”

” That aroused their anger for me the more!”I hiccuped.

” They started advising my husband to take a second wife!”

“Who is going to give you a heir to your company?… Or you just want your company to die with you whenever is time for you to crossover?”they had asked him.

“but him being my husband!.. My very own Richardson!”

“He turned dear hear to their beseech.”

” I was devastated!”

” I keep hoping and praying the scan was a lie!”

“I went back to the hospital for more than one month just to recheck!… But all gave same results!”

“without thinking about my husband’s families,… We pretended as if it’s nothing!… My husband won’t allow me to go to work or even do any house chores”

“And gradually!”

“the ninth month came!”

“When I saw my water broke, I went into a very hard labor”

” My husband won’t allow any of our maid to touch me!”

” He won’t even allow the driver to drive!”

” He carried me bridal style and drove the car himself to the hospital!”

“The nurses won’t allow him in!”

” I could remember the sad look on his face when they asked him to wait outside!”

” And then!”

” I gave birth to my baby!”

” My pretty little Oona!”

” She cried!”

” She really cried!”

” But I wasn’t so Happy!” I said sadly.

” I wasn’t happy a bit!”

” I thought a miracle would happened!”

” I strongly believed for it to happen!”

” But no!”

” She came out a girl!”

” And as if the heaven are in support of my expected miracle!”

” I heard the cry of another baby in the same ward am in!”

” A very poor looking woman just gave birth also!”

“and then!….”I couldn’t complete it because I broke down in an hot tears session.

“And then,…I bribed the nurse!”

“I bribed her to exchange our babies!”

“I gave her a huge sum of money!”

“She gave the poor woman a sleeping pill and exchanged the babies!”

“I was happy because my husband was happy!”

” He danced that day!”

” He danced so well that even the nurses and doctors were holding their stomach.

“He was so happy that he got a heir!”

“A successor!”

” And so, I was happy too!…I was happy because am not going to be a passerby in my own husband’s house!”

“but I really took care of the poor woman!”

” She took me as a friend not knowing the crime I committed against her!”

” I asked her to name her Oona and she never declined!”

“although she doesn’t have a real home!..but at least she had a permanent place I could always see her then!”

” I would always go there with Dwayne!”

” But after five years,…my husband warned me not to go see her again!”

“He issued us a visa to travel out of the state!…with Dwayne also!”

” I came back,but couldn’t find her anymore!”

” My baby!”

“I looked and searched for them for months if not years!”

“So I gave up!”

” I…..gave up….I gave up on my baby!”I sobbed loudly.

” Forgive me please!….Dwayne forgive me for depriving you of your parents!…for not allowing you to get your parental care!” I cried.

I looked up at him with tears eyes and his face was expressionless.

I felt a sharp pain shoot through my heart!.

A pain of guilty!.

A pain of not being the best mom to my daughter!.

A pain of depriving a poor baby boy from his mother!.

A countless pain am not so sure I would survive from!.

*AMELIA POV *

All I felt right now was anger!

Anger mixed with pain!.

But amidst it all is pity!.

I looked at sir Dwayne, and his face was expressionless.

Just staring at the woman who claimed to be my mom.

And now I understand!. I understand the reason Alex told me sir Dwayne said he got attached to us because of my SCENT!.

So he’s actually my childhood friend.

Very bad I couldn’t remember!.

But I also understand this woman’s plight.

My Mom!.

So the person I thought was my mom was actually not my mom?

But sir Dwayne’s?

Oh God!

Mom was even ignorant of this!.

I thought as much!

Now I remembered!

She would sometimes call me Oona and whenever I ask whether that also my name, she would shake her head NO!.

She would say she’s sorry and that she just remembered her friend!.

So she’s actually my mom?

She neglected me to the street!

How I wish she knew how hard living was on street!.

How disheartening it is!.

If no for sir Dwayne who changed our life a little bit this past few days!.

“That’s not fair!… That’s not fair!” I said trying my possible best to hold back my tears.

Sir Dwayne was just staring silently on God knows what. He stared for a few minutes and turned back heading outside without saying a thing!. Am very sure the pain am feeling now, would be nothing compared to his!.

“Dwayne?” I heard his mom called silently.

His voice is that low because of how hard she has been sobbing since.

Without thinking twice, I followed after him. I can’t afford to see him hurt himself.

I got outside and saw him already opening his car door. I hasten my steps and opened the cars door too.

Thank God I used to peep at him whenever he wants to open the door.

I got it and settled on the seat besides the drivers seat. I knew he saw me entered but pretended as if he didn’t.

Hmmm!.

I don’t know where he’s heading to. But all I know is that, Anywhere he goes, I follow.

*LUCY’S POV*

I can’t believe what I just heard!. I scoffed disbelieved.

What!

Oh my!

I saw Dwayne went out without saying a thing.

And that po…I mean that….

Oh God!

What should I call her now?

I saw her followed after him. I can’t just comprehend what I just heard!.

I looked at Mrs Dwayne and she was still sitting down on the floor crying her eyes out. The beggar guy was just sitting on the dinning chair with mouth agape.

Wait!

He’s even having a pot in front of him. I guess they were in the middle of eating when we came in.

What to do now!?

I slowly stepped outside. excusing myself.

What am I now to this family? Am very sure she won’t want me to marry his son anymore!

“Hmmm!” I smiled wickedly to myself.

Am going to go with my plan B.

Since the plan A didn’t work out,

Am going with plan B!.

DROP YOUR COMMENTS
Re: The Scent by germaphobe(m): 12:54am On Feb 19, 2021
you're doing good, you've got me. lets ride together, more updates please!!, thank you.
Re: The Scent by Dapalace: 11:16pm On Feb 20, 2021
Guys I'm sorry, I won't be able to complete this story here, I have been trying to post the next episode here, few days ago and they ban me every time I make attempt, to complete the story visit www.dapalace.com, once again I'm sorry

(1) (Reply)

Always Be Mine (TEEN ROMANCE) / Wrong Grammar On Bbc Website / Nollywood Writer's Search Talent Hunt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 346
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.