Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,140 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

Graphic Photos From Ebonyi NURTW Leadership Crisis - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Graphic Photos From Ebonyi NURTW Leadership Crisis (47666 Views)

NURTW Factions Clash In Lagos, One Killed, Others Injured [Photo] / NURTW treasurer, Alowonle Asekun murdered in Lagos / Olorunwa Rafiu Akanni & Ade Lawyer Paraded For Killing Hamburger Of NURTW (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Graphic Photos From Ebonyi NURTW Leadership Crisis by Kosiso12(f): 11:19am On Jan 30, 2021
Photos Of Those Killed In Ebonyi NURTW Leadership Crisis

Over 40 Persons have been feared dead while many were seriously injured as angry members of the National Union of Road Transport Workers, NURTW clashed in Effium Community of Ohaukwu local government area of the state.

Speaking with IGBERE TV correspondent, a resident of the affected community explained that the clash was an upshoot of an existing leadership crisis in the Union.

According to the source, the faction of the Union from Effium clashed with the faction from Ezza Effium over sharing formula for the revenue generated from the park.

He said the clashes spilled into the community leading to casualties on both sides.

Our correspondent gathered that houses, cars and other property were also touched as the crisis spilled over into the community.

There was pandemonium in the community as the crisis escalated with many deserting the community to neighbouring communities.

Also, health workers and Staff of the National Population Commission, NPC, who were on assignment in the area were caught in the cross fire.

Following the incident, Ebonyi state government announced a ban on activities of the Union in Effium Motor Park on Saturday.

Commissioner of Police in the state, Mr Aliyu Garba said over nine persons were critically injured and receiving treatment at the hospital.

He said some suspects had also been arrested while investigation continues into the matter.

“Actually it was my first litmus, but like I told you normalcy has been restored. We have lots of them that have been arrested and investigations are ongoing”

Mr Aliyu who visited the scene said normalcy had been restored as police operatives and personnel from sister Agencies have been moved into the community.

It was also gathered that Governor David Umahi despatched his Deputy, Dr Kelechi Igwe who visited the area to calm the situation.

Source : https://igberetvnews.com/1380895/photos-killed-ebonyi-nurtw-leadership-crisis-ebonyi/

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Graphic Photos From Ebonyi NURTW Leadership Crisis by Icyexpressions: 11:26am On Jan 30, 2021
NURTW shouldn't be a thing like this in 2021.

18 Likes

Re: Graphic Photos From Ebonyi NURTW Leadership Crisis by waleademolaa: 11:27am On Jan 30, 2021
Not much at all compared to the ones that MC oluomo group and those of our Oyo NURTW for that year.
The problem with this one is that it reached their communities, they shouldn't have allowed that

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Graphic Photos From Ebonyi NURTW Leadership Crisis by JaneYave(f): 11:29am On Jan 30, 2021
This can incite more crisis. Why would innocent people suffer for power drunk officials

2 Likes

Re: Graphic Photos From Ebonyi NURTW Leadership Crisis by Sammy07: 11:30am On Jan 30, 2021
waleademolaa:
Not much at all compared to the ones that MC oluomo group and those of our Oyo NURTW for that year.
The problem with this one is that it reached their communities, they shouldn't have allowed that

So there are NURTW thugs in Ala Igbo too cheesy

97 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Graphic Photos From Ebonyi NURTW Leadership Crisis by Sammy07: 11:31am On Jan 30, 2021
Probably they made a mistake while reporting this.
This should be Lagos or Oyo.
Because we all learnt that Ala Igbo is free and don't engage in all this thug of a thing undecided

86 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Graphic Photos From Ebonyi NURTW Leadership Crisis by waleademolaa: 11:33am On Jan 30, 2021
Sammy07:

So there is NURTW thug in Ala Igbo too cheesy
Well I don't know for them, Wetin concern a yoruba boy like me with what happens in the east. Possibly theirs isn't much like we have in the west

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Graphic Photos From Ebonyi NURTW Leadership Crisis by helinues: 11:34am On Jan 30, 2021
Too poor too bad

Rip to them
Re: Graphic Photos From Ebonyi NURTW Leadership Crisis by Nightalan: 11:35am On Jan 30, 2021
waleademolaa:

Well I don't know for them, Wetin concern a yoruba boy like me with what happens in the east. Possibly theirs isn't much like we have in the west
Stop impersonating other tribesmen, be proud of where you come from grin

66 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Graphic Photos From Ebonyi NURTW Leadership Crisis by CodeTemplar: 11:36am On Jan 30, 2021
Photo shows 1 body but news says 40 bodies.

12 Likes

Re: Graphic Photos From Ebonyi NURTW Leadership Crisis by Sammy07: 11:37am On Jan 30, 2021
waleademolaa:

Are you sure you're Yoruba cheesy

Your post history says otherwise.

You're probably a northerner causing problem here and there.

You'll act as Igbo to cause disunity there.
You'll also act as Yoruba to cause disunity

The first 2 screenshot you acted as Igbo
The last one you acted as Yoruba
Meanwhile you understand both language

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Graphic Photos From Ebonyi NURTW Leadership Crisis by Nobody: 11:39am On Jan 30, 2021
Before I clicked,I knew it would be about money.

I don't even want to say what's on my mind.
lipsrsealed
Re: Graphic Photos From Ebonyi NURTW Leadership Crisis by Nobody: 11:41am On Jan 30, 2021
helinues:
Too poor too bad

Rip to them

You have a heart.

Shock me more.

3 Likes

Re: Graphic Photos From Ebonyi NURTW Leadership Crisis by waleademolaa: 11:41am On Jan 30, 2021
Sammy07:

Are you sure you're Yoruba cheesy

Your post history says otherwise.

You're probably a northerner causing problem here and there.

You'll act as Igbo to cause disunity there.
You'll also act as Yoruba to cause disunity
Omo oduduwa for life
Re: Graphic Photos From Ebonyi NURTW Leadership Crisis by Sammy07: 11:47am On Jan 30, 2021
waleademolaa:

Omo oduduwa for life
Tani Onipopo?

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Graphic Photos From Ebonyi NURTW Leadership Crisis by Nobody: 11:53am On Jan 30, 2021
Na wah

1 Like

Re: Graphic Photos From Ebonyi NURTW Leadership Crisis by Olatomiwami(m): 11:58am On Jan 30, 2021
Sammy07:
Because we all learnt that Ala Igbo is free and don't engage in all this thug of a thing undecided

Igbos are hypocrites, if nah Lagos, we no go hear word, so area boys deh alaigbo?

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Graphic Photos From Ebonyi NURTW Leadership Crisis by SW1st: 12:06pm On Jan 30, 2021
Sammy07:

This is fake news. Don't mind the OP and the hungry bloggers. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Graphic Photos From Ebonyi NURTW Leadership Crisis by GamalNasser: 12:12pm On Jan 30, 2021
The sooner Nigeria realises that NURTW is not a labour union but actually a huge RICO crime family that specializes in extortion, racketeering , money for protection , political thuggery and Obtaining by Terror.... These where the same crimes famous criminals liken Bugzy Siegel and the Newyork mafia were committing in America but here in Nigeria it has been institutionalized and hidden under the auspice of NURTW

7 Likes

Re: Graphic Photos From Ebonyi NURTW Leadership Crisis by illicit(m): 12:45pm On Jan 30, 2021
shocked
Re: Graphic Photos From Ebonyi NURTW Leadership Crisis by OlawaleBammie: 12:47pm On Jan 30, 2021
Sammy07:

So there is NURTW thug in Ala Igbo too cheesy
grin grin grin grin

Nooo, its oluomo thugs grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Graphic Photos From Ebonyi NURTW Leadership Crisis by Sammy07: 12:54pm On Jan 30, 2021
SW1st:

This is fake news. Don't mind the OP and the hungry bloggers. undecided

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Chaos, Cult Clash At Ikosi - Ketu In Lagos (photos) / LASTMA Makes Retired Navy Commodore, Whose Driver Fled, Give Lecture / Police Tie Robber Released From Prison & His Gang Caught With Guns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.