Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,811 members, 7,851,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:22 AM

I've Been Scammed By MTN Nigeria - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I've Been Scammed By MTN Nigeria (3933 Views)

Were You Compensated By MTN For Slow Data Speed? / Nigeria Puts 5G Technology On Trial, Powered By MTN. Becomes First In West Afric / MTN Nigeria Experiencing Dawntimes; MTN Apologies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I've Been Scammed By MTN Nigeria by The5DME(m): 10:59am On Feb 01, 2021
I've used 6gb in less than a week so what are you saying? Any data sub less than 6gb, you're on a long thing. E no go last.
Re: I've Been Scammed By MTN Nigeria by 400billionman: 3:16pm On Feb 01, 2021
Lol.
Re: I've Been Scammed By MTN Nigeria by Dracking(m): 4:35pm On Feb 01, 2021
giftedben:
They are also stealing credit.
You can't use their opera mini bundle to do anything, yet they are still selling it.
Their night bundle is a scam, once it reaches 50mb you can't use it again.
Now I don't even know if the Government have a share in the data bundle that i subscribe.
you said it all.
Re: I've Been Scammed By MTN Nigeria by Dracking(m): 4:36pm On Feb 01, 2021
If not for this nin nonsense I for don buy glo since
Re: I've Been Scammed By MTN Nigeria by Raydos: 8:56pm On Feb 01, 2021
Connoisseur:
You guys have been using the wrong data plan.
Subscribe to the 6GB for 1,500 weekly plan and watch your data problem disappear completely or reduce to the barest minimum

you nailed it bro, this is what i use all the time and sometime it last me for a full week despite watching heavy youtube videos at least 3.5hours everyday
Re: I've Been Scammed By MTN Nigeria by hansomb: 9:41pm On Feb 01, 2021
Once my MTN data reaches 45 to 50 mb I can't be able to use it why ?
Re: I've Been Scammed By MTN Nigeria by Nobody: 4:59am On Feb 02, 2021
AdaugoChisom:
Hope your playstore and phone doesn't update itself automatically?

My thoughts as well.
Re: I've Been Scammed By MTN Nigeria by Nobody: 5:11am On Feb 02, 2021
Parachoko:
I've tried to get MTN customer service number through Google search, I can't find it. Please who can tell me the number to call.

If you need quick respond from the MTN, contact them through Twitter, sharp sharp them go reply you sharperly.
Re: I've Been Scammed By MTN Nigeria by Azurevermillion: 7:00am On Feb 02, 2021
giftedben:
They are also stealing credit.
You can't use their opera mini bundle to do anything, yet they are still selling it.
Their night bundle is a scam, once it reaches 50mb you can't use it again.
Now I don't even know if the Government have a share in the data bundle that i subscribe.
That isn't true
Re: I've Been Scammed By MTN Nigeria by Parachoko: 4:39pm On Feb 02, 2021
Kingscee:

If you need quick respond from the MTN, contact them through Twitter, sharp sharp them go reply you sharperly.
I'm going to create a Twitter account right now cause this madness is getting much o... And there is no MTN officer for where I dey.

I recharge 1k this morning and sub 1.5GB for one month. My brother, see time wey I do sub, see Wetin my sub remain for just Nairaland alone o.

Re: I've Been Scammed By MTN Nigeria by Nobody: 4:46pm On Feb 02, 2021
Your own nah child's play.
Re: I've Been Scammed By MTN Nigeria by danvault: 6:20pm On Feb 02, 2021
Unlimitk:
all of you here don't know what you are doing
I have never,I repeat never had my data finishing quickly on any network in Nigeria
I monitor my data,don't use too much apps turn on data saver and many many things
I recently subscribed to 50 naira for 200mb on mtn and it lasted me 3 days,it supposed to last longer self if not that I used it to download
I do night plan, download anime music's games pics update apps
so it's u people that are always complaining
I've never had any data issue with any network in Nigeria
it's you people that don't know how to use your data
there are also many people like me on nairaland

Lol 200 mb in 3 whole days? Guy you funny die...

Re: I've Been Scammed By MTN Nigeria by dustmalik: 10:52pm On Feb 02, 2021
The problem I see here is IGNORANCE. Most people simply don't know how to monitor or check what is consuming their data.

I don't know about other Networks, but MTN doesn't fraudulently deplete data.
Re: I've Been Scammed By MTN Nigeria by edoairways: 11:11pm On Feb 02, 2021
Parachoko your topic is intact
Re: I've Been Scammed By MTN Nigeria by edoairways: 11:15pm On Feb 02, 2021
dustmalik:
The problem I see here is IGNORANCE. Most people simply don't know how to monitor or check what is consuming their data.

MTN data package of 2015 is totally different from the current ones. Back then,data zapping as some persons call it was perculiar to Airtel but now, MTN Nigeria has joined the train.
Re: I've Been Scammed By MTN Nigeria by Unlimitk(m): 4:07am On Feb 03, 2021
danvault:

Lol 200 mb in 3 whole days? Guy you funny die...
I've used 3gb in 1 day before
I'm just trying to tell those guys that it is them who doesn't know how to manage data
me that I normally download 1080p videos and download psp pc and Android games
I'm just trying to prove a point
Re: I've Been Scammed By MTN Nigeria by Darkseid(m): 7:25am On Feb 03, 2021
dustmalik:

No mind them, I've been using MTN for years and my data usage always corresponds to what I have left, I've never experienced any kind of zapping abi na so MTN like me reach. My data speed monitor is always on to check when there's an abnormal data usage and my YouTube cancer is set to 144p by default.
Some people don't even know how to reduce resolution on YouTube, they watch long Nigerian movies at 1080p and then come here to talk nonsense. For those tethering to PC, there's usually a service "svchost" that goes rogue sometimes and drains a lot data, so before you complain again, make sure you have have monitored your data properly.

1 Like

Re: I've Been Scammed By MTN Nigeria by seborrhic: 12:59pm On Feb 03, 2021
edoairways:

MTN data package of 2015 is totally different from the current ones. Back then,data zapping as some persons call it was perculiar to Airtel but now, MTN Nigeria has joined the train.
U can't compare the android phones now with the kinds of phones and applications of 2015.
Even opening a page on a chrome browser can set u back up to 5mb.For a single page!
Imagine when u go through a number of pages just to do your work or browse.
Generally almost all networks data run out quickly on Android or iPhones,unless the blackberries or phones of years back.
Re: I've Been Scammed By MTN Nigeria by edoairways: 1:14pm On Feb 03, 2021
seborrhic:

U can't compare the android phones now with the kinds of phones and applications of 2015.
Even opening a page on a chrome browser can set u back up to 5mb.For a single page!
Imagine when u go through a number of pages just to do your work or browse.
Generally almost all networks data run out quickly on Android or iPhones,unless the blackberries or phones of years back.
Presently the infinix hot 4 I gave to my relation still consume more data like other android phones. Most of the apps weren't updated. Our service providers should explain better especially MTN
Re: I've Been Scammed By MTN Nigeria by Timmyspy(m): 4:47pm On Feb 06, 2021
Install a data manager app to monitor your usage and all these complaints will stop
Re: I've Been Scammed By MTN Nigeria by Parachoko: 3:04pm On Mar 06, 2021
KingAlayinde:

I use mtn too bro , try to minimize ya data and check setting especially Goggle back up settings...
Please how can I minimize my data? Because I don tire. I have more than 2GB on the 27th, today, my mb don finish like this. I only use nairaland and play candy crush online.

How can I monitor how am using data?
Re: I've Been Scammed By MTN Nigeria by Parachoko: 3:10pm On Mar 06, 2021
Timmyspy:
Install a data manager app to monitor your usage and all these complaints will stop
I just download "My data manager". How will I use it?
Re: I've Been Scammed By MTN Nigeria by hadecole159: 6:03pm On Mar 06, 2021
hansomb:
Once my MTN data reaches 45 to 50 mb I can't be able to use it why ?

Next time Switch on airplane mode and switch it off again

It should work.
Re: I've Been Scammed By MTN Nigeria by efjaydee(m): 12:03am On Mar 07, 2021
cheesy
Re: I've Been Scammed By MTN Nigeria by Freelancerx: 12:26am On Mar 07, 2021
This thing no funny at all
Re: I've Been Scammed By MTN Nigeria by Timmyspy(m): 7:06am On Mar 08, 2021
Parachoko:
I just download "My data manager". How will I use it?
chat me up on WhatsApp. My number is 070-801-65411
Re: I've Been Scammed By MTN Nigeria by Parachoko: 12:52pm On Mar 08, 2021
Timmyspy:
chat me up on WhatsApp. My number is
Thanks bro. i don get the settings.

im so grateful smiley

Please delete your number.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nokia 6080 Solution? / Upcoming Infinix HOT 3 Smartphone From Infinix Mobility / How Do I Use Memory Card On Teçno Wx3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.