Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,465 members, 7,812,425 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:09 PM

Strike: FG And University Workers' Meeting Ends In A Deadlock - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Strike: FG And University Workers' Meeting Ends In A Deadlock (15984 Views)

ASUU-FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock, Strike To Continue / FG Stops Striking University Workers’ Salary / Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Strike: FG And University Workers' Meeting Ends In A Deadlock by Redxy(m): 10:49pm On Feb 02, 2021
The meeting between the Federal Government and the Joint Action Committee comprising the Senior Staff Association of Nigeria Universities and the Non-Academic Staff Union of Educational and Associated Institutions ended in a deadlock.

However, a committee was set up to resolve the dispute over the N40 billion earned allowances and complaints about the Integrated Payroll and Personnel Information System.

This was agreed during a meeting on Tuesday between the Minister of Labour and Employment, Senator Chris Ngige, SSANU National President, Mohammed Ibrahim and NASU General Secretary, Peters Adeyemi, in Abuja.

Speaking to journalists after the parley, Ngige described the meeting as fruitful and expressed the hope that the dialogue would encourage the unions to suspend their strike.

He said, “The deliberations were fruitful, government side responded to issues concerning IPPIS and what is being done to assist university workers, who have had some complaints in that direction, especially some of the allowances they said were chopped off by IPPIS system.

“We were satisfied that reasonable progress has been made. It’s a work in progress. We have put up a joint Committee of the Union, members of government side from Ministry of Education, Salary, Wages and Income Commission, Office of Accountant-General and the National University Commission to work hand-in-hand to make sure that all the anomalies that were complained are treated and we do hope that it will be done to the satisfaction of everybody.”

But the NASU General Secretary said the issues had not been concluded, adding that they asked for time to report back to their members.

He said, “We are favourably disposed to dialogue and after discussing with our members, we will come back and continue with the discussion. So far, nothing has been concluded.

“We don’t have the mandate to talk about suspending the strike. That’s not within our competence. The mandate of our members stands until they ask us to reverse it.”

https://punchng.com/strike-fg-varsity-workers-meeting-ends-in-deadlock/

2 Likes

Re: Strike: FG And University Workers' Meeting Ends In A Deadlock by kolarov93(m): 11:39pm On Feb 02, 2021
Make you guys sha no go any yeye strike for now

2 Likes

Re: Strike: FG And University Workers' Meeting Ends In A Deadlock by Ussycool: 12:05am On Feb 03, 2021
Mmn! So SSANU and NASU are on strike? Everybody wan cash out for naija.

2 Likes

Re: Strike: FG And University Workers' Meeting Ends In A Deadlock by Privatepart00: 12:34am On Feb 03, 2021
February 5th should reach , let the strike begin

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strike: FG And University Workers' Meeting Ends In A Deadlock by ForeThinker: 8:48am On Feb 03, 2021
Another one
Re: Strike: FG And University Workers' Meeting Ends In A Deadlock by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:48am On Feb 03, 2021
FG and ASUU.............

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Strike: FG And University Workers' Meeting Ends In A Deadlock by etcme(m): 8:48am On Feb 03, 2021
I don't even know what to type again. Two grown up men saying different things from the same meeting they came out together from.

6 Likes

Re: Strike: FG And University Workers' Meeting Ends In A Deadlock by dynicks(m): 8:49am On Feb 03, 2021
shocked
Re: Strike: FG And University Workers' Meeting Ends In A Deadlock by FalseProphet1(m): 8:49am On Feb 03, 2021
I see a possible strike looming.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Strike: FG And University Workers' Meeting Ends In A Deadlock by Enudapan: 8:49am On Feb 03, 2021
Nah eh! No qualms
This is so unsophisticated

All this public school students should
Kukuma start up a B0mbing career and forget about
FG and workers drama

5 Likes

Re: Strike: FG And University Workers' Meeting Ends In A Deadlock by shiki(m): 8:49am On Feb 03, 2021
grin Like if you believe Nigeria will be great again,

Share if you think otherwise

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Strike: FG And University Workers' Meeting Ends In A Deadlock by Nobody: 8:50am On Feb 03, 2021
mtchew, so dem still dey untop this matter?
Re: Strike: FG And University Workers' Meeting Ends In A Deadlock by visijo(m): 8:50am On Feb 03, 2021
Lol they should relax exams is ongoing..

Meanwhile Not every man that put hands in his pockets take money, some of them arrange their testicles. �

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Strike: FG And University Workers' Meeting Ends In A Deadlock by WonderManly(m): 8:50am On Feb 03, 2021
Them don start again!
Re: Strike: FG And University Workers' Meeting Ends In A Deadlock by Probest62: 8:50am On Feb 03, 2021
Hmm
Re: Strike: FG And University Workers' Meeting Ends In A Deadlock by 4tomandchi: 8:50am On Feb 03, 2021
smiley
Re: Strike: FG And University Workers' Meeting Ends In A Deadlock by Pimpwell: 8:51am On Feb 03, 2021
cheesy

Get a professional business or company logo done for just 3k only and get all the following files of your logo;

1, High quality 3D logo
2, Transparent background logo for watermark
3, Plain logo for letterhead, business card, Id card etc
4, Pdf copy of your logo.
Call/WhatsApp me via the number on the image below.
The link to my WhatsApp is in my signature

1 Like

Re: Strike: FG And University Workers' Meeting Ends In A Deadlock by A1lite: 8:52am On Feb 03, 2021
If all school should go on strike,UNIOSUN will never go on strike....
Owo ni koko
Re: Strike: FG And University Workers' Meeting Ends In A Deadlock by 4tomandchi: 8:53am On Feb 03, 2021
When an uneducated person is the leader of a country what suffers the most... Education because he doesn't know the value.

I pity undergraduates at this time because our education has never been this stagnant.
Re: Strike: FG And University Workers' Meeting Ends In A Deadlock by alphaconde(m): 8:54am On Feb 03, 2021
no need for these meetings since its always ending in deadlock
Re: Strike: FG And University Workers' Meeting Ends In A Deadlock by definitelyCYRIL(m): 8:54am On Feb 03, 2021
This kontry don kuku tire me...By God's grace I will be leaving for Canada by April.. so nothing about this kontry Go dey bother me again... And I pray for any of my brothers and sisters who are hoping on God for financial assistance to leave this shit hole....you will receive financial miracles from left and right, the type that you will not be able to explain in Jesus name amen... Nobody deserves this kontry....nobody go fit stop us from jakpa(ing)

6 Likes

Re: Strike: FG And University Workers' Meeting Ends In A Deadlock by Mars16(m): 8:54am On Feb 03, 2021
Me to NASU and SSANU

Re: Strike: FG And University Workers' Meeting Ends In A Deadlock by CheedyJ(m): 8:57am On Feb 03, 2021
Their own strike doesn’t stay long kpatakpata, 1 or 2 weeks..
Re: Strike: FG And University Workers' Meeting Ends In A Deadlock by padi94(m): 8:58am On Feb 03, 2021
No more strike abego
But wait where was SSANU and NASU when ASUU was fighting for that 40billion

1 Like

Re: Strike: FG And University Workers' Meeting Ends In A Deadlock by Judolisco(m): 8:59am On Feb 03, 2021
Apart from corruption what else is working in dis country?
Re: Strike: FG And University Workers' Meeting Ends In A Deadlock by wink2015(m): 9:02am On Feb 03, 2021
IT IS THE POOR MAN CHILDREN THAT SUFFER ALL THIS CLOSURE OF SCHOOL DUE TO STRIKE.

Ngige children are in overseas studying if they are not already graduate of foreign university.

Festus Keyamo children are studying in UK.

They do not care.
Re: Strike: FG And University Workers' Meeting Ends In A Deadlock by beehivedata(m): 9:02am On Feb 03, 2021
ASUU has collected their own share...

Up next, SSANU nd NASU

Dead country
Re: Strike: FG And University Workers' Meeting Ends In A Deadlock by TalkTalkTwins(m): 9:02am On Feb 03, 2021

(1) (2) (Reply)

JAMB To Extend Registration Deadline As Candidates Grapple With Difficulties / WAEC To Prosecute 56 Website Operators For Leaking WASSCE Questions / UI, LASU, UNILAG Ranked Among Top 800 World Universities By Times Higher (THE)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.