Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,957 members, 7,817,812 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:11 PM

‘I Would Rather Die In Battle’ – Anthony Joshua Speaks Ahead Of Fury Matchup - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / ‘I Would Rather Die In Battle’ – Anthony Joshua Speaks Ahead Of Fury Matchup (24992 Views)

We Will Rather Die Than To Lose To Super Eagles — Guinea Bissau / Anthony Joshua Speaks On People Asking Him To Sack His Trainer / Anthony Joshua Speaks On Jarrell Miller's Failed Drug Tests (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘I Would Rather Die In Battle’ – Anthony Joshua Speaks Ahead Of Fury Matchup by iampeterben(m): 8:40am On Feb 03, 2021
Two-time unified world heavyweight champion, Anthony Joshua has stepped up the fighting talk and warned Tyson Fury he relishes going to war in the ring as the pair move closer to a heavyweight mega-fight.

With politics threatening the bout from taking place, many boxing fans are still hopeful to see the two champions face off for the undisputed crown.

”I’d rather die in battle, so I can go to the heavens where the warriors lie than go to battle and try to hide and survive,” Joshua said in an interview on his YouTube channel on his mindset ahead of the fight.

”No matter what the tactics are, no matter how much you study, no matter how much you think you can beat me, I’m just there to win. That’s the fighter’s mentality – some people may not understand it,” he said.

He also reiterated his love for boxing despite it being an uncivilised sport.

”This is a sport of combat and war. We’re not civilised people, we’re warriors, and I love it.”

Having won his rematch against the Bulgarian, Kubrat Pulev, the IBF heavyweight champion stated he was willing to avoid making the same errors that cost him the crown in the first place.

”I wear my scars like an honour. I think I’m someone who has to get burnt to learn not to touch the stove. When I got burnt, I said I never want to make that mistake again. Anyone that stands in front of me will feel the force,” he mentioned.

As negotiations proceed on a likely venue for the clash, the 31-year-old’s promoter Eddie Hearn hinted at June being a likely time

”We’ve had big discussions with Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Australia, Singapore,”he told sportsmail.

”No decision has yet been made on the location of the fight, though the ongoing coronavirus restrictions in the UK mean the chances of the first clash between Joshua and Fury taking place on home soil are extremely slim.”

Source:
https://www.channelstv.com/2021/02/02/id-rather-die-in-battle-anthony-joshua-speaks-ahead-of-fury-matchup/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: ‘I Would Rather Die In Battle’ – Anthony Joshua Speaks Ahead Of Fury Matchup by Nobody: 8:40am On Feb 03, 2021
Ogbeni na fight O. Anything can happen. Just train hard and keep focused

Na so I go dey make mouth for one short guy for my hostel that year. Because I big and I get chest. Everybody sef dey push me make I fight. You go beat am you go beat am na him push me go find the guy trouble..

As I rush go give am punch na there E be like say NEPA take light. Na health centre I wake up. Stories reaching me later be day the guy just launch me straight right hand. Say I fall like Goliath. E pain me die.
Lesson learnt. Never be too confident
Lesson two. Death is real. Blow dey kill person. Chai. Just typing about it my jaw dey shake

210 Likes 9 Shares

Re: ‘I Would Rather Die In Battle’ – Anthony Joshua Speaks Ahead Of Fury Matchup by Jesse6(m): 8:45am On Feb 03, 2021
Omo u see that fight

I dey feel am like say fury go win oo

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘I Would Rather Die In Battle’ – Anthony Joshua Speaks Ahead Of Fury Matchup by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:53am On Feb 03, 2021
ALL of us
@[/color] stand with Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua.

Son of the soil.
Omo Baba himself cool cool cool
Well brought up pikin.

Our darling Wailing Boys,
Sorry for your migraine in advance on seeing this beautiful pinshures allova again..... tongue

NgwalandAba:
What brought stupid Buhari picture here,he was prostrating for his parents and not that sickly dullard..
Serious migraine at work...
Na so 96 hours constant migraine dey start... we talk am! tongue tongue tongue

[color=#990000]Time for selfie jor kiss kiss kiss

13 Likes 6 Shares

Re: ‘I Would Rather Die In Battle’ – Anthony Joshua Speaks Ahead Of Fury Matchup by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:53am On Feb 03, 2021
Jesse6:
Omo u see that fight
Anyone is allowed to see what they wanna see,
No one can stop your eyes from seeing things .....okay?
Expert17:
Fury go kill joshua
Not Possible jor!

Well, nothing is impossible.
But we stand with our very own Anthony Joshua.

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ‘I Would Rather Die In Battle’ – Anthony Joshua Speaks Ahead Of Fury Matchup by shiki(m): 8:54am On Feb 03, 2021
cheesy AJ you are a super guy and I know you will come out victorious in this fight, but make sure DJ CUPPY will not be by the ring side

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘I Would Rather Die In Battle’ – Anthony Joshua Speaks Ahead Of Fury Matchup by ainas247: 8:54am On Feb 03, 2021
shocked sentiment apart, Fury go outbox Joshua...
But I want Joshua to win

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘I Would Rather Die In Battle’ – Anthony Joshua Speaks Ahead Of Fury Matchup by A1lite: 8:54am On Feb 03, 2021
The lord is your strength

3 Likes

Re: ‘I Would Rather Die In Battle’ – Anthony Joshua Speaks Ahead Of Fury Matchup by akintola12(m): 8:54am On Feb 03, 2021
Good one for him
Re: ‘I Would Rather Die In Battle’ – Anthony Joshua Speaks Ahead Of Fury Matchup by Probest62: 8:54am On Feb 03, 2021
Really

Get a professional business or company logo done for just 3k only and get all the following files of your logo;

1, High quality 3D logo
2, Transparent background logo for watermark
3, Plain logo for letterhead, business card, Id card etc
4, Pdf copy of your logo.
Call/WhatsApp me via the number on the image below.
The link to my WhatsApp is in my signature

Re: ‘I Would Rather Die In Battle’ – Anthony Joshua Speaks Ahead Of Fury Matchup by 4tomandchi: 8:54am On Feb 03, 2021
I got a feeling Josh will loose this one not because he doesn't have the credentials to win but because the British bookmakers will fix the odds to favor Fury.

The odds will be in favor of Josh but he will loose to rake in money for the British greedy money makers.

9 Likes

Re: ‘I Would Rather Die In Battle’ – Anthony Joshua Speaks Ahead Of Fury Matchup by iWasNotHere(m): 8:54am On Feb 03, 2021
AJ all the way. Fury weyre wo

2 Likes

Re: ‘I Would Rather Die In Battle’ – Anthony Joshua Speaks Ahead Of Fury Matchup by Christonjnr(m): 8:55am On Feb 03, 2021
I see fury blowing person mouth

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘I Would Rather Die In Battle’ – Anthony Joshua Speaks Ahead Of Fury Matchup by Seniorwriter(m): 8:55am On Feb 03, 2021
Proactivity Leads To Productivity!!!!

Let the best tactician win and let it be in a sportsmanship manner.
No malice or bad blood after all it's a Sport!.

We Moooove.

@SeniorWriter

1 Like

Re: ‘I Would Rather Die In Battle’ – Anthony Joshua Speaks Ahead Of Fury Matchup by DirtyGold: 8:55am On Feb 03, 2021
Nonsense talk
Rip in advance

What's tha business?

1 Like

Re: ‘I Would Rather Die In Battle’ – Anthony Joshua Speaks Ahead Of Fury Matchup by Scrupulous419(m): 8:55am On Feb 03, 2021
Jesse6:
Omo u see that fight

fury go send Joshua to Valhalla to be with Odin

5 Likes

Re: ‘I Would Rather Die In Battle’ – Anthony Joshua Speaks Ahead Of Fury Matchup by sojayy(m): 8:55am On Feb 03, 2021
U no need die for battle, just win d battle Josh !

1 Share

Re: ‘I Would Rather Die In Battle’ – Anthony Joshua Speaks Ahead Of Fury Matchup by Enudapan: 8:56am On Feb 03, 2021
Nah eh! No qualms
Anthony jousha the main odogwu
Re: ‘I Would Rather Die In Battle’ – Anthony Joshua Speaks Ahead Of Fury Matchup by TriCee: 8:56am On Feb 03, 2021
Haaa, easy o, it's like AJ doesn't know yet he can tactically beat Fury.
Baba no be war o, just prepare yourself for the fight.

Beating Fury should be AJ's biggest career milestone. All the best bro!

7 Likes

Re: ‘I Would Rather Die In Battle’ – Anthony Joshua Speaks Ahead Of Fury Matchup by alphaconde(m): 8:56am On Feb 03, 2021
na so e reach

no room for cowardice
Re: ‘I Would Rather Die In Battle’ – Anthony Joshua Speaks Ahead Of Fury Matchup by Nobody: 8:56am On Feb 03, 2021
Boxing is all about hyping and match fixing. their aim is always to scam the public of their hard-earned money.

3 Likes

Re: ‘I Would Rather Die In Battle’ – Anthony Joshua Speaks Ahead Of Fury Matchup by CheedyJ(m): 8:56am On Feb 03, 2021
mr Joshua, na boxing no be war..
Re: ‘I Would Rather Die In Battle’ – Anthony Joshua Speaks Ahead Of Fury Matchup by Kingluqman(m): 8:56am On Feb 03, 2021
Booda, no die oo. If e beat you, rematch dey grin
Re: ‘I Would Rather Die In Battle’ – Anthony Joshua Speaks Ahead Of Fury Matchup by Nobody: 8:56am On Feb 03, 2021
AJ is grossly underestimated and I know he will shock everyone by beating Fury.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Would Rather Die In Battle’ – Anthony Joshua Speaks Ahead Of Fury Matchup by Lukebryan2sure: 8:56am On Feb 03, 2021
Fury all d way....AJ no match for him

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Would Rather Die In Battle’ – Anthony Joshua Speaks Ahead Of Fury Matchup by Neddstark: 8:57am On Feb 03, 2021
Yeah, we saw that the first time you and the fat boy met in the ring.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘I Would Rather Die In Battle’ – Anthony Joshua Speaks Ahead Of Fury Matchup by dynicks(m): 8:57am On Feb 03, 2021
Avoid/resist issues like this few weeks before the fight bro.....just as the niggar in the picture.....

5 Likes

Re: ‘I Would Rather Die In Battle’ – Anthony Joshua Speaks Ahead Of Fury Matchup by Jestin: 8:57am On Feb 03, 2021
Date for the fight pls ..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Russia to deport World Cup Migrants from Nigeria, other countries / Between Footballers And Musician,who Is More Popular And Richer / Meet Asisat Oshoala's Mother In Her Shop (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.