Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,841 members, 7,831,724 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

Crypto Hardware Wallet - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Crypto Hardware Wallet (747 Views)

Looking To Buy A Bitcoin,litecoin And Ethereum Hardware Wallet / Is It Okay To Use Coinbase Wallet As A Nigerian / How To Get A Bitcoin Wallet In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Crypto Hardware Wallet by DBPOWER: 3:28pm On Feb 06, 2021
Hi Everyone,
With the recent clampdown on crypto exchanges by our uppity bureaucrats, it is imperative that we find secure ways to store and manage digital assets. I am not in cryptocurrency as a speculative trader, but as someone who truly believes in the power of the blockchain to unshackle humanity from the greed and control of centrals banks who manipulate paper money , and can unilaterally close bank accounts of people whose political views and aspirations do not align with theirs (#endsars).
With my motives clearly stated, i hope to educate people who are into cryptocurrency as a hedge against the mindless debasement of paper money, about what i think is currently the most secure way to store digital assets.
A hardware wallet is a special type of wallet that stores the users private keys in a secure hardware, private keys are stored in a secure part of a micro controller and can not be transferred out of the device in plain text.
So i have a "hot wallet" connected to the internet via exchange and and "cold wallet" which never connects to the internet via hardware wallet.

I DO NOT SELL HARDWARE WALLETS AND IF YOU EVER DECIDE TO BUY PLEASE BUY DIRECTLY FROM THE MANUFACTURER, NOT EBAY AMAZON OR ANY THIRD PARTY WEBSITES.

Another potential benefit of the having one is that with the current policy on the exchanges, it seems a lot of transactions will become P2P, the hardware wallets can radically reduce cost by cutting out the exchanges and only incur the network fee which is very low for Litecoin and XRP for example.

I personally own a ledger nano X, because i like the seamless integration between the software(ledger live app) and hardware, and you can manage up to 100 different coins on one device, but there are different other types of wallets, i hope you do your research a maybe buy one that suits your needs.
I hope we arm our selves with more information and move as a collective and stick it up to the establishment as we have recently seen with Gamestop share price.

I might not be able to reply as i'm incredibly busy, if you do not fully grasp it you are on nairaland it means you have the world wide web at your finger tips so RESEARCH RESEARCH seek knowledge like a thirsty camel .
Peace!!!

2 Likes

Re: Crypto Hardware Wallet by Nobody: 4:21pm On Feb 06, 2021
how can I mine ripple or litecoin? Or is it only though buying? Have u heard of RGM cryptos before?
Re: Crypto Hardware Wallet by Radioactivity(m): 5:45am On Jul 11, 2022
DBPOWER:
Hi Everyone,
With the recent clampdown on crypto exchanges by our uppity bureaucrats, it is imperative that we find secure ways to store and manage digital assets. I am not in cryptocurrency as a speculative trader, but as someone who truly believes in the power of the blockchain to unshackle humanity from the greed and control of centrals banks who manipulate paper money , and can unilaterally close bank accounts of people whose political views and aspirations do not align with theirs (#endsars).
With my motives clearly stated, i hope to educate people who are into cryptocurrency as a hedge against the mindless debasement of paper money, about what i think is currently the most secure way to store digital assets.
A hardware wallet is a special type of wallet that stores the users private keys in a secure hardware, private keys are stored in a secure part of a micro controller and can not be transferred out of the device in plain text.
So i have a "hot wallet" connected to the internet via exchange and and "cold wallet" which never connects to the internet via hardware wallet.

I DO NOT SELL HARDWARE WALLETS AND IF YOU EVER DECIDE TO BUY PLEASE BUY DIRECTLY FROM THE MANUFACTURER, NOT EBAY AMAZON OR ANY THIRD PARTY WEBSITES.

Another potential benefit of the having one is that with the current policy on the exchanges, it seems a lot of transactions will become P2P, the hardware wallets can radically reduce cost by cutting out the exchanges and only incur the network fee which is very low for Litecoin and XRP for example.

I personally own a ledger nano X, because i like the seamless integration between the software(ledger live app) and hardware, and you can manage up to 100 different coins on one device, but there are different other types of wallets, i hope you do your research a maybe buy one that suits your needs.
I hope we arm our selves with more information and move as a collective and stick it up to the establishment as we have recently seen with Gamestop share price.

I might not be able to reply as i'm incredibly busy, if you do not fully grasp it you are on nairaland it means you have the world wide web at your finger tips so RESEARCH RESEARCH seek knowledge like a thirsty camel .
Peace!!!

Bro please just came across it now

How much did it cost you
Re: Crypto Hardware Wallet by hexenbiest: 10:25am On Jul 11, 2022
How much does this cost bro? I currently hodl BTC and USDT on https://yellowcard.io/ due to their high level of security, I would very much like to purchase a hardware crypto wallet.
Re: Crypto Hardware Wallet by Niswayne19: 11:50am On Jul 11, 2022
hexenbiest:
How much does this cost bro? I currently hodl BTC and USDT on https://yellowcard.io/ due to their high level of security, I would very much like to purchase a hardware crypto wallet.

Same here I use Binance and Yellow card and I would love to also get an hardware crypto wallet
Re: Crypto Hardware Wallet by Samken2: 3:08pm On Jul 11, 2022
How can I mine Bitcoin using my phone.
What the importance of this hardware
Re: Crypto Hardware Wallet by Qre1: 9:18pm On Jul 11, 2022
Binary options traders on deriv can now rejoice and let bots do the trading

(1) (Reply)

Crypto Advice Needed. / 20 Things To Know About Dangote Fertilizer Plant Commissioning / Learn How To Be A Ghostwriter And Earn In Dollars �

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.