Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

Peugeot 505 V6 In Good Condition Needed Urjently - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Peugeot 505 V6 In Good Condition Needed Urjently (1827 Views)

Clean Peugeot 505 Turbo Used Car For Sale, Just For N360,000 / Wanted Peugeot 505 Twin Headlamps / Peugeot 505 Evolution For Sale - Price Reduced to 250K - SOLD SOLD SOLD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peugeot 505 V6 In Good Condition Needed Urjently by Ikenna351(m): 6:24pm On Apr 06, 2011
Please I need a Peugeot 505 V6 urjently. I would prefer one with 5sp manaul transmission and A/C if possible. Thanks.

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot 505 V6 In Good Condition Needed Urjently by Nobody: 7:39pm On Apr 06, 2011
Ikenna, are you after another one, or do you need it for parts? undecided I believe the Peugeot 505 in V6 guise is fairly rare in Nigeria.
Re: Peugeot 505 V6 In Good Condition Needed Urjently by Ikenna351(m): 8:09pm On Apr 06, 2011
Siena,

Hmm! Am looking for another one o!. That car was not originally standard V6. It was a converted car (I4 to V6). Unfortunately, the conversion was crappy one. The wiring was wrongly done and it has been given serious electrical issues that finally led to it been grounded by a foolish Rewire here in Abuja, in trying to fix simple starter.

I took up the matter with the car dealer that made the purchase for me, for buying the a converted V6, with electrical issues, which wasnt what i ordered for. So he offered to get a standard one this one for me and sell the converted one. So, am back to hunt for a standard V6 again.

To get the full gist, read the thread "MY 505 v6 EMITS BLACK SMOKE" on Peugeot 505 turbo forum.

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot 505 V6 In Good Condition Needed Urjently by Nobody: 8:20pm On Apr 06, 2011
^^^ No worries. Please send me the link.
Re: Peugeot 505 V6 In Good Condition Needed Urjently by Ikenna351(m): 10:52pm On Apr 06, 2011
Re: Peugeot 505 V6 In Good Condition Needed Urjently by Nobody: 10:16am On Apr 07, 2011
Wow! Never knew you'd had so many issues with that car, or Nigerian mechanics were such garbage.

I would consider a complete new harness, ECU, instrument cluster, MAF, amplifier module and associated external sensors. Bear in mind though, as the Peugeot 505 V6 is quite an old car, it may not be as easy to separate the engine bay wiring harness, from the rest. It may not be a plug-in affair, it may be hard wired. Or even it's a plug-in job, the connectors may well be within the passenger compartment, behind the dash. And you know what replacing that would entail.

There are quite a few in Ebay (France) that look really good, may be worth considering getting one from there (not via your relative though).
Re: Peugeot 505 V6 In Good Condition Needed Urjently by Ikenna351(m): 10:51am On Apr 07, 2011
Thanks Siena. Of course, I know what entails and the risk that will be involve in replacing the wiring harness with the V6 loom. Definitely, it wont be a simple drop, there might still be small modifications to make it work. But the problem is "who is competent to do it here in Abuja?" Am not ready to take that risk again with all these incometent rewires here in Abuja. Its only in the East that the job can be done well. It will be an expensive project to emback on. Besides, the car has to be in the East to get it done. I have made enquires at Onitsha and was told the V6 wiring harness & instument cluster and would cost me N15,000. But they are yet to get the price of the two ECUs (Ingnition & Injection ECUs), which are both Bosch.

Like i noted in that thread, I would prefer another 505 V6. But this time, a standard one. I will check the sites like you suggested.

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot 505 V6 In Good Condition Needed Urjently by Ikenna351(m): 4:33pm On May 18, 2011
Am still anxiously looking for a 505 V6 in good condition to buy. who has one to sell please?

ikenna.

(1) (Reply)

2001 Honda Accord And 2000 Honda Accord N950,000 Lagos Cleared / Philly And Mools / 2003 Nissan Pathfinder 1.1million Call 08039695434

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.