Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,321 members, 7,846,434 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

Kanu Gets Portsmouth Award - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kanu Gets Portsmouth Award (593 Views)

Portsmouth To Punish Nwankwo Kanu For Continued Absence / Kanu gets New 3-years Contract with Coaching Career in-view / Premier League: Portsmouth (0) Vs Manchester United (1): 25 August, 8pm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Kanu Gets Portsmouth Award by aloyemeka2: 12:47am On Apr 07, 2011
Wednesday, April 6, 2011[size=14pt]
Kanu gets Portsmouth award
[/size]

Agency Reporter

Portsmouth forward Nwankwo Kanu was on Monday honoured with a Lifetime Achievement award at the Fratton Park event, which recognises excellence in local sport.

advertisement

Kanu was given a standing ovation as he was recognised for his contribution to the club, football and his heart foundation.

The former Nigeria striker, who arrived at Fratton Park five years ago and scored the winner in the 2008 FA Cup final, said, "I thank God for everything - Pompey and Kanu were meant to be. I feel very at home here and love the club and its supporters.

"There's no success without effort. You get out what you put in and awards like this show that all the effort has been worth it.

"When I was younger I was told I could not play football again because of a heart condition. But I had an operation and kept playing, and thank God, I didn't just play for one year, but have gone on for many years and won trophies.

"That's why, through my foundation, I like to give back to young people with the same condition I had but who cannot afford operations."

http://odili.net/news/source/2011/apr/6/829.html
Re: Kanu Gets Portsmouth Award by medjai(m): 6:58am On Apr 07, 2011
Congrats Kanu

(1) (Reply)

Why I’m Leaving Marseille —taye Taiwo / Pre-session Matches Promo / Super Eagles’ Argentina Loss:“the Boys Were Tired But Shut Down Messi” - Siasia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.