Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,724 members, 7,816,977 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:57 PM

Fela Kuti Nominated For 2021 Rock, Roll Hall Of Fame - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Fela Kuti Nominated For 2021 Rock, Roll Hall Of Fame (61431 Views)

Tina Turner Overtakes Fela In Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Vote. / Why Davido Has Never Been Nominated For A Grammy / US Naval Force Performs Fela Kuti's "Water E No Get Enemy" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fela Kuti Nominated For 2021 Rock, Roll Hall Of Fame by AFvckingAlpha(m): 10:43am On Feb 12, 2021
Kilishihunter:
Are you slawormir or another imposter Id yourself
The fvck
Niggarr!!
Never ever come at me like that ever, niggarr!!
Ama let this slide.
Re: Fela Kuti Nominated For 2021 Rock, Roll Hall Of Fame by Sleekfingers: 10:44am On Feb 12, 2021
Tolexander:
This is the same Fela some children born yesterday said he doesn’t know how to sing

because their brains is filled with omar lay, burna boy, davido,wizkid, naira marley and all those pangolo music dem dey listen to.......i spit

3 Likes

Re: Fela Kuti Nominated For 2021 Rock, Roll Hall Of Fame by sweettease(f): 10:45am On Feb 12, 2021
Tolexander:
This is the same Fela some children born yesterday said he doesn’t know how to sing
Hahahaaa... I used to feel same way until I got old enough to understand the emotions in his songs, especially those caused by the iniquities of our leaders. One has to get to a certain age to unlock the 7th sense that makes you understand the fuss about Fela.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fela Kuti Nominated For 2021 Rock, Roll Hall Of Fame by lugo99(m): 10:46am On Feb 12, 2021
the ghetto president of the rascal republic of Nigeria...

rest on Baba 70..

1 Like

Re: Fela Kuti Nominated For 2021 Rock, Roll Hall Of Fame by Ubanz: 10:47am On Feb 12, 2021
Though belated,it's a welcome development.

1 Like

Re: Fela Kuti Nominated For 2021 Rock, Roll Hall Of Fame by Nobody: 10:47am On Feb 12, 2021
Superpower:
The rock and roll hall of fame is not just for rock and roll musicians. It is for any musician that have had a huge impact in music.
That's not true. It has turned into a joke a political diddly doo.
Re: Fela Kuti Nominated For 2021 Rock, Roll Hall Of Fame by Oracleforce: 10:47am On Feb 12, 2021
merieam16:
Burnaboy should av been nominated undecided

Is it that rascally boy? His fame will soon disappear to oblivion...watch and see...

3 Likes

Re: Fela Kuti Nominated For 2021 Rock, Roll Hall Of Fame by lugo99(m): 10:48am On Feb 12, 2021
sweettease:

Hahahaaa... I used to feel same way until I got old enough to understand the emotions in his songs, especially those caused by the iniquities of our leaders. One has to get to a certain age to unlock the 7th sense that makes you understand the fuss about Fela.
. na d work of the Igbo way u dey puff. na ihm widen ur brain, now you've realised d underground spiritual game in music... I'm sorry if I sound disrespectful

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fela Kuti Nominated For 2021 Rock, Roll Hall Of Fame by KingLion007(m): 10:50am On Feb 12, 2021
merieam16:
By Who please

2 Likes

Re: Fela Kuti Nominated For 2021 Rock, Roll Hall Of Fame by Sleekfingers: 10:50am On Feb 12, 2021
Nairalandian:
Was Fela a rock and roll musician?

how about dionne warwick, mary j, jay z, cool j etc dem be rock musicians?
Re: Fela Kuti Nominated For 2021 Rock, Roll Hall Of Fame by Oracleforce: 10:50am On Feb 12, 2021
Fela Kuti will forever live on...his music style is unique...

No African musician either dead or alive has beaten him...

6 Likes

Re: Fela Kuti Nominated For 2021 Rock, Roll Hall Of Fame by Sleekfingers: 10:51am On Feb 12, 2021
merieam16:

naso dem dey give hall of fame? All these desmond elliot's children self

1 Like

Re: Fela Kuti Nominated For 2021 Rock, Roll Hall Of Fame by Coronavirus84: 10:52am On Feb 12, 2021
Some kids here on Nairaland comparing Fela Anikulapo kuti to Lagbaja omo baba muko muko. Fela for real

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fela Kuti Nominated For 2021 Rock, Roll Hall Of Fame by Saig: 10:57am On Feb 12, 2021
Nairalandian:
...now it's not always about that. 2Pac had long been there. first rapper to make that feat, though it sparked some ripples, they couldn't help but retain him that's cus of his contributions of GOATness. The Notorious B.I.G was also to be there last year. So I guess it's about exceptional qualities.

6 Likes

Re: Fela Kuti Nominated For 2021 Rock, Roll Hall Of Fame by Sleekfingers: 10:57am On Feb 12, 2021
bercarray:
Wetin den dey look since all these days when he still dey alive, na now wey e don die dey con dey say den wan put am for hall of fame, As far as me I'm concern it's not worth it. Fela was and is still fame himself, if not for the way this country is, we are suppose to have FELA HALL OF FAME where will now be adding american singers inside, imagine fela competing with Mary j blige for hall of fame, c'mon, mary j blige should be under FELA HALL OF FAME. When did mary j blige starts singing?

mary j wey don dey sing over 25 years ....u say common mary j......
Anyway, dem never born most of yall.....

On that list.....i voted for dionne warwick.....i know say , u go say common dionne warwick now.....

1 Like

Re: Fela Kuti Nominated For 2021 Rock, Roll Hall Of Fame by Bitchiamjay(m): 10:58am On Feb 12, 2021
Just voted for him.

2 Likes

Re: Fela Kuti Nominated For 2021 Rock, Roll Hall Of Fame by martineverest(m): 10:59am On Feb 12, 2021
merieam16:
lol...when Mariam makemba,Angelique kidjo,oumou sagbare ,salif Keita etc haven't gotten theirs?

4 Likes

Re: Fela Kuti Nominated For 2021 Rock, Roll Hall Of Fame by Sleekfingers: 10:59am On Feb 12, 2021
Kilishihunter:

That's why they are children

yeah, desmond elliot's children......nothing dey their heads , na to dey dish out tribal sentiments dem know....

1 Like

Re: Fela Kuti Nominated For 2021 Rock, Roll Hall Of Fame by joseph1832(m): 11:00am On Feb 12, 2021
Tolexander:
what do you expect from kids who knows absolutely nothing other than to scream "O kpoor".

5 Likes

Re: Fela Kuti Nominated For 2021 Rock, Roll Hall Of Fame by 1nigeriamyfoot: 11:01am On Feb 12, 2021
Tolexander:

This is why I hardly argue with some nairalander grin

Some of them don't really know meaning of MUSIC, Dem think gbi gbi gbi sound na music

Hardly will you see present music last for 1year before listener throw it into dust bin whereas I have fela music of 40yrs ago that I still listen to till today

8 Likes

Re: Fela Kuti Nominated For 2021 Rock, Roll Hall Of Fame by martineverest(m): 11:01am On Feb 12, 2021
Sleekfingers:

naso dem dey give hall of fame? All these desmond elliot's children self
mind them....even the likes of Miriam makeba and kidjo never get am,na underachievers like Burma and davido wan get am?

2 Likes

Re: Fela Kuti Nominated For 2021 Rock, Roll Hall Of Fame by Sleekfingers: 11:03am On Feb 12, 2021
martineverest:
mind them....even the likes of Miriam makeba and kidjo never get am,na underachievers like Burma and davido wan get am?

help me tell dem o

2 Likes

Re: Fela Kuti Nominated For 2021 Rock, Roll Hall Of Fame by ofiko123(m): 11:03am On Feb 12, 2021
Congratulations to the late fela kuti grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Fela Kuti Nominated For 2021 Rock, Roll Hall Of Fame by Tvoice: 11:04am On Feb 12, 2021
Tolexander:

No mind dem , dem no know elitin, even d ones wey dey sing about money , women, cars cash diz days na scoobidu brain dem get .

2 Likes

Re: Fela Kuti Nominated For 2021 Rock, Roll Hall Of Fame by Tvoice: 11:05am On Feb 12, 2021
fela was a prophet, a legend and fears no baga he was a mouth peice for the oppressed.

4 Likes

Re: Fela Kuti Nominated For 2021 Rock, Roll Hall Of Fame by Ugandatales: 11:12am On Feb 12, 2021
Tvoice:
fela was a prophet, a legend and fears no baga he was a mouth peice for the oppressed.

On top of all that, he was a professionally trained musician...he could play multiple musical instruments.

5 Likes

Re: Fela Kuti Nominated For 2021 Rock, Roll Hall Of Fame by Superpower(m): 11:18am On Feb 12, 2021
SegFault:

That's not true. It has turned into a joke a political diddly doo.
That's the truth.A lot of non rock and roll musicians have been inducted over the years like 2 PAC Michael jackson
Re: Fela Kuti Nominated For 2021 Rock, Roll Hall Of Fame by samuel19222(m): 11:19am On Feb 12, 2021
Voted

3 Likes

Re: Fela Kuti Nominated For 2021 Rock, Roll Hall Of Fame by Freddo99(m): 11:20am On Feb 12, 2021
Nairalandian:
i wonder my brother. he was an afrobeat musician but not rock and roll.
Re: Fela Kuti Nominated For 2021 Rock, Roll Hall Of Fame by Nobody: 11:21am On Feb 12, 2021
Superpower:
That's the truth.A lot of non rock and roll musicians have been inducted over the years like 2 PAC Michael jackson
Michael Jackson had rock songs my friend, the moment the whole thing became a joke was when they inducted 2PAC ask any metal head or rocker about rock and roll hall of fame and they'll tell you what it is, a dumb political joke.
This is what it was made for:
https://www.google.com/url?q=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_and_Roll_Hall_of_Fame&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwi4lLWykOTuAhWsy4UKHeGcCFcQFjAoegQIBxAB&usg=AOvVaw1tGV-PCVxxLLL5T-dp3UqP
Re: Fela Kuti Nominated For 2021 Rock, Roll Hall Of Fame by manny4u(m): 11:22am On Feb 12, 2021
Baba i don go pay my tribute to you. Please go and vote this is another opportunity to honour Baba.

1 Like

Re: Fela Kuti Nominated For 2021 Rock, Roll Hall Of Fame by Superpower(m): 11:23am On Feb 12, 2021
bercarray:
Wetin den dey look since all these days when he still dey alive, na now wey e don die dey con dey say den wan put am for hall of fame, As far as me I'm concern it's not worth it. Fela was and is still fame himself, if not for the way this country is, we are suppose to have FELA HALL OF FAME where will now be adding american singers inside, imagine fela competing with Mary j blige for hall of fame, c'mon, mary j blige should be under FELA HALL OF FAME. When did mary j blige starts singing?
How dare you disrespect mary j blige like that.You must be very ignorant.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Top 10 Nigerian Music Blogs/sites To Submit Your Songs To. / Headies 2019 – Full List Of Winners Of 13th Headies Awards / New List Of Songs Banned By NBC - Includes Olamide's Shakitibobo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.