Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,327 members, 7,860,798 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:31 PM

Fedpoly Offa Graduate Bags Presidential Honours, Automatic Employment - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Fedpoly Offa Graduate Bags Presidential Honours, Automatic Employment (762 Views)

Abiodun Gives Automatic Employment, N2m To 2 Best Graduating OOU Students (Pix) / Nigerian Education Graduates, Students To Get Automatic Employment, Stipends / Ogedegbe Destiny Osayi, UNIBEN Law Graduate Bags First Class In Law School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fedpoly Offa Graduate Bags Presidential Honours, Automatic Employment by Usmanissa247(m): 10:59pm On Feb 13, 2021
Fedpoly Offa Graduate Bags Presidential Honours, Automatic Employment

A graduate of Computer Engineering from the Federal Polytechnic Offa, Kwara State, Aliyu Ibrahim has bagged President's National Youths Service Corps honours for serving the country diligently as youth corps member.

The award ceremony was held on 11th of February, 2021 at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

Ibrahim who served in Darazo LGA, Bauchi State led the school football team to win second position in Coca-Cola inter school competition, he also qualified the school as the representative of Bauchi State in 2017 finals of shell inter school football competition, he renovated the NYSC corps members lodge in Darazo, he initiated and completed the construction of a block of four(4) toilets in GSS, Darazo and was honored by Bauchi State Governor before he was being shortlisted for President's Honours.

Speaking at the virtual 2018/2019 President's NYSC honours, President Muhammadu Buhari offered automatic employment to 110 awardees who were ex-corps members in the Federal Civil Service and scholarships for the pursuit of post-graduate studies up to doctoral level in any University in Nigeria including cash rewards.

The President further directed the relevant government agencies to ensure timely implementation of all the incentives for the award recipients.

While urging the awardees to sustain the patriotic zeal that earned them the award, the President said: " It is noteworthy that the young men and women being honored have excelled in the four cardinal programmes of the scheme namely: Orientation Course, Primary Assignment, Community Development Service and Winding-up/Passing-out which formed the basis of assessment for honours award.

"On behalf of the Government and the good people of Nigeria, I heartily congratulate those honored on standing out from their peers in order to merit the honor being bestowed upon them. You have proved yourselves worthy ambassadors of your respective families and the National Youths Service Corps. I am very proud of you and confident that the award shall spur you to greater service to the Nation and humanity."

Reacting to the award, Ibrahim appreciated President Buhari for granting him and other awardees the honor that will further shape their future and acknowledged the NYSC scheme for creating the opportunity to explore his service to humanity. He therefore pledged his allegiance to sustain the integrity of the country.

He however thanked the Management of the Federal Polytechnic Offa led by Dr. Lateef Olatunji and Department of Computer Engineering at large for nurturing and preserving him for the great honor.

"I'm happy and very proud to be a product of the Federal Polytechnic Offa, the best and fastest growing Polytechnic in Nigeria. I thanked my family members and friends, the Rector of the Polytechnic, Dr. Olatunji, the Dean of Students' Affairs, Mr. Gbenga Aleminu, Dean and Head of Department of Computer Engineering, the Alumni Association and the Polytechnic at large. Being a good ambassador of this great institution will forever be my priority," he said.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

2021 UTME: Meet Top 10 Candidates With Highest Scores / Vice President Of University Of Uyo Appoints Aides (photo) / Master Of Public Health Jobs And Best Public Health Schools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.