Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,973 members, 7,952,909 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:14 AM

C++/python/qt Or .net - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / C++/python/qt Or .net (2459 Views)

Programming Career In Either JAVA Or .NET / Java Or .net Mvc Frameworks / Dll Load Failure With Py2exe (python And Qt) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

C++/python/qt Or .net by solomon201(m): 1:08pm On Apr 08, 2011
Now excluding web development and license issues which is really better Qt or .NET.

Not a pro in any though so will love to hear from the guys that have used any of both of em
Re: C++/python/qt Or .net by Nobody: 12:32am On Apr 09, 2011
hmmm tough choice they are both Good but .NET has more usage in Nigeria,not sure of c++ but Qt itself is another one to watch out for my advice learn one as major and the other as minor.
Re: C++/python/qt Or .net by Nobody: 8:04am On Apr 09, 2011
i use python and QT
apart from the GUI toolkit, QT also has some serious networking kits

while i haven't touched .NET, i may not be able to compare.
Re: C++/python/qt Or .net by solomon201(m): 11:25am On Apr 09, 2011
@ webdezzi
Is C++ with Qt as good as PyQt? I have a little C++ experience and really luv d language. But i hear one cant really get a job offer here in Nigeria except for .NET, PHP n few JAVA. what do u say?
Re: C++/python/qt Or .net by Nobody: 10:19pm On Apr 09, 2011
solomon201:

@ webdezzi
Is C++ with Qt as good as PyQt? I have a little C++ experience and really luv d language. But i hear one cant really get a job offer here in Nigeria except for .NET, PHP n few JAVA. what do u say?

If you have significant experience with C++, i will advice you stick to your C++/QT
While python has loads of pluses, like rapid dev, clean coding style, near natural language. etc.
i believe it comes with drawbacks which depends on what you will like to achieve by writing the program in the first place.

one reason i am using c++ for my little project is cos it will be downloaded and downloads=size matters
well optimized python/QT will give you 8MB+ depending on modules imported while C++ gives me a juicy 11KB executable, i will be importing nothing.

As per getting job? it boils down to individuals and the kind of place u are looking to get a job.
picking up a new language is not hard since you know one already.
Re: C++/python/qt Or .net by Beaf: 3:16am On Apr 10, 2011
If you are interested in developing crossplatform for Apple, Linux, Windows etc; go qt.

However, if your target platform is Windows (it almost always is), then don't even think twice, your only sensible choice is to go for .NET.
No framework out there matches .NET for richness and productivity; its the ultimate RAD framework. Among IDE's too, Visual Studio has no competition, it simply blows everything away.

Check out WPF and Windows Forms if you use qt for GUI only. Also, you can bring your C++ knowledge with you; .NET is compatible with ANSI C++ and the Microsoft bridge version, C++/CLI.
Re: C++/python/qt Or .net by Otuabaroku: 8:20am On Apr 10, 2011
Beaf:

If you are interested in developing crossplatform for Apple, Linux, Windows etc; go qt.

However, if your target platform is Windows (it almost always is), then don't even think twice, your only sensible choice is to go for .NET.
No framework out there matches .NET for richness and productivity; its the ultimate RAD framework. Among IDE's too, Visual Studio has no competition, it simply blows everything away.

Check out WPF and Windows Forms if you use qt for GUI only. Also, you can bring your C++ knowledge with you; .NET is compatible with ANSI C++ and the Microsoft bridge version, C++/CLI.
I think Microsoft should start paying you now for your advert, because you are trying so hard for them.
Re: C++/python/qt Or .net by Nobody: 8:47am On Apr 10, 2011
Otuabaroku:

I think Microsoft should start paying you now for your advert, because you are trying so hard for them.

lol, i guess u guys have beafs
btw, i wouldn't say anything has no match.
Re: C++/python/qt Or .net by Nobody: 9:56pm On Apr 10, 2011
Actually thats the perfect answer .NET is for windows and Qt for multiple platform,however .NET does automatically run on all windows(though a rare event) systems with Windows XP(Earlier releases) without the .net framework won't run like i said its a rare event.
Re: C++/python/qt Or .net by lordZOUGA(m): 11:04am On Jul 18, 2012
Beaf: If you are interested in developing crossplatform for Apple, Linux, Windows etc; go qt.

I find this post very disturbing... Okay, its over a year old but will whoever owns this statement repeat it?

(1) (Reply)

Andela Lab Solution(fizzbuzz) / What Was Your Experience Going Into Dark Web? / FIFA 2018 Data Analysis (AI) Update

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.