Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,297 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:53 PM

Ghana Begins Sale Of Naija Must Go Bag - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ghana Begins Sale Of Naija Must Go Bag (4484 Views)

Hilarious Throwback Photos Of Naija Celebs / Photos: Snoop Dogg Leaves Italy Wit ‘ghana-must- Go’ Bag / PHOTO: Snoop Dogg Leaves Italy With 'ghana-must-go' Bag (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ghana Begins Sale Of Naija Must Go Bag by 190: 2:13pm On Apr 08, 2011
Accra – Nigerians living in Ghana are in panic over the introduction of a so called Naija-must-go bag.

No one knows who first named the bag Naija-must-go, or for that matter who first introduced it into the Ghanaian market, but Nigerians who have made the country their home are not too happy with the name.

Speaking from the safety of his home, a Nigerian hotelier living in Accra expressed his concern over the ominously named bag.

“Why should they be calling the bag that name? Ehn? What are they trying to tell us? They are up to something. I can see it from the way they look at me; they haven’t forgotten. They are planning revenge.”

A Ghanaian trader at the Makola market however dismissed the fear of the Nigerians.

“Charley, I don’t see why our Nigerian brothers and sisters are upsetting over this bag,” said Mr Mensah. “Look, it is just a normal bag like any other bag. In fact, the reason we have called it Naija-must-go is because many Nigerians like the bag very well.”

The bag in question bares close semblance to the legendary Ghana-must-go bag but with the conspicuous addition of a Louis Vuitton logo. It must be said that whereas Louis Vuitton has a similar bag, the ones on sale in Makola market in Accra Ghana are not the same as the ones from the French fashion house.

The Nigerian hotelier is however not convinced. Peeping through his curtains, he tells this reporter:

“It is because of what is going on in Nigeria. You know, all the gangster politicking and terrorism. They think Nigeria will soon become unbearable to live in and more of us will come here. They are preparing to send us packing, just like we did to them in the eighties.”

http://www.wazobiareport.com/reports/Ghana-begins-sale-of-Naija-Must-Go-bag
Re: Ghana Begins Sale Of Naija Must Go Bag by Nobody: 2:29pm On Apr 08, 2011
i guess African unity is not something i'll witness in my lifetime then, that really sucks sad
Re: Ghana Begins Sale Of Naija Must Go Bag by Nobody: 4:26pm On Apr 08, 2011
lol! HILARIOUS!  grin  grin

karma.
Re: Ghana Begins Sale Of Naija Must Go Bag by Dolemite(f): 5:03pm On Apr 08, 2011
Naija must go? never!! we run west Africa!! they watch our movies, listen to our music and we support them economically. . .come on. . .

caribchic:

i guess African unity is not something i'll witness in my lifetime then, that really sucks sad
A little sibling rivalry, national pride, nothing serious. . . i hope.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Begins Sale Of Naija Must Go Bag by chieveboy(m): 6:23pm On Apr 08, 2011
, Nigeria, Indomitable! cool
Re: Ghana Begins Sale Of Naija Must Go Bag by montelik(m): 7:00pm On Apr 08, 2011
lmao. grin grin
Re: Ghana Begins Sale Of Naija Must Go Bag by semid4lyfe(m): 9:29pm On Apr 08, 2011
wazobiareport.com = satirical news & hoaxes.

Moving on. . . . .
Re: Ghana Begins Sale Of Naija Must Go Bag by obinon(m): 9:40pm On Apr 08, 2011
Hahahahahahaha, so funny. Naija must go.I think this is what some old fools caused for us and they are still not tired yet.Vote wisely.
Re: Ghana Begins Sale Of Naija Must Go Bag by mamagee3(f): 9:53pm On Apr 08, 2011
It still cracks me up anytime I hear a ghanian say "ghana don't copy Nigeria". grin grin grin

And Nigeria have got nothing to imitate. grin

Ghana must go has been imitated by the people of ghana to Naija must go.

Funny thing is that one rarely sees Nigerian actors in ghanian movies compared to the number of ghanian actors flooding into Nollywood yearly. grin grin grin
Re: Ghana Begins Sale Of Naija Must Go Bag by SeanT21(f): 10:14pm On Apr 08, 2011
Fake news but yet amusing!!
Re: Ghana Begins Sale Of Naija Must Go Bag by mamagee3(f): 11:05pm On Apr 08, 2011
Dolemite:

Naija must go? never!! we run west Africa!! they watch our movies, listen to our music and we support them economically. . .come on. . .
That's why I think they are delusional. grin grin grin

If they say" Naija must go" then we'll go and watch the country crumble economically. grin grin grin
Re: Ghana Begins Sale Of Naija Must Go Bag by MeGaStReEt: 11:47pm On Apr 08, 2011
@Ghana, nice try
Re: Ghana Begins Sale Of Naija Must Go Bag by Nobody: 12:25am On Apr 09, 2011
Later darksh1t will start screaming about how nobody likes her.

She wont remember her s.tupid comments such as the one she made on this thread.

I guess she feels nairaland has become a carribean site since she has some nigerian f.ools kissing her butt.
Re: Ghana Begins Sale Of Naija Must Go Bag by chic2pimp(m): 1:22am On Apr 09, 2011
mama-gee:

It still cracks me up anytime I hear a ghanian say "ghana don't copy Nigeria". grin grin grin

And Nigeria have got nothing to imitate. grin

Ghana must go has been imitated by the people of ghana to Naija must go.

Funny thing is that one rarely sees Nigerian actors in ghanian movies compared to the number of ghanian actors flooding into Nollywood yearly. grin grin grin

So You watch that Glorified Por, n.o called Ghollywood? . . . . . Nollywood sef I am yet to get my head around that one.
Re: Ghana Begins Sale Of Naija Must Go Bag by InkedNerd(f): 6:44am On Apr 09, 2011
looooooool, I really don't see why the Nigerians are getting upset. Its ok to call the bag "Ghana must go" but not okto call it "Naija must go"--hypocrite much!!!
Re: Ghana Begins Sale Of Naija Must Go Bag by mamagee3(f): 8:06pm On Apr 09, 2011
chic2pimp:

So You watch that Glorified Por, n.o called Ghollywood? . . . . . Nollywood sef I am yet to get my head around that one.
I don't watch that crap called gollywood or ghollywood produced garbage. grin grin grin

I'm speaking based on the movie posters I see on the net.
Re: Ghana Begins Sale Of Naija Must Go Bag by doublekay: 8:18pm On Apr 09, 2011
I dey laughoo
Re: Ghana Begins Sale Of Naija Must Go Bag by dominique(f): 10:31pm On Apr 09, 2011
don't be quick to dismiss the news as fake. the ghanians really want dem naija people out of thier country.
Re: Ghana Begins Sale Of Naija Must Go Bag by Basseti: 10:39pm On Apr 09, 2011
LOL!!!!

Well, if this is true, then Karma is one Hot b#itch!!!! Has a way of coming back for more!!!!!!

But Naija-must-go does not have a nice ring to it like the Ghana-must-go bag. Or maybe thats just my Nigerian bias.

Also, more importantly, I dont really think that Nigerians in Ghana are "poor". Not to say all the Ghana dudes in Naija at that time were poor, but majority of them were cobblers, butchers, barbers etc. The elite among them were primary school teachers. So it was very easy to associate a cheap bag with them, dont really think it will be that easy to do the reverse in Ghana. They have to be more creative and come with something that might stick.
Re: Ghana Begins Sale Of Naija Must Go Bag by dominique(f): 11:11pm On Apr 09, 2011
don't be quick to dismiss the news as fake. the ghanians really want dem naija people out of thier country.
Re: Ghana Begins Sale Of Naija Must Go Bag by Nobody: 8:24am On Apr 10, 2011
well, for the nigerians who live there, bad news no doubt.

as for me, i dont carry another man's country on my head like some disgraceful nlers are wont to do.
Re: Ghana Begins Sale Of Naija Must Go Bag by Nobody: 8:27am On Apr 10, 2011
those who dont learn from history are condemned to repeat it.

Ghana had a similar experience of high immigration and contribution to economic activity especially by Nigerians when the economy grew fast in the late 1940s and ‘50s.

But Ghana’s experience differed from the Ivory Coast’s experience in one important respect: Busia’s Aliens Compliance Order of 1969. Ghana expelled Nigerians and other Africans under this order. At the time of the expulsion some estimates put the proportion of migrants at 20% of Ghana’s population

http://www.internationalyouthcouncil.com/profiles/blogs/the-ivorian-crisishow-to

immigrants were given two weeks to leave, that time, so i'd definitely have a ghana or naija must go bag packed and ready if i were a nigerian living in ghana right now.
Re: Ghana Begins Sale Of Naija Must Go Bag by McCoy91(m): 9:49am On Apr 10, 2011
dominique:

Its wazobiareporters.com. They make up satires. Very funny and interesting site. Ghanians want Nigerians out of their country the same way i want out of school -- they can only lose.
Re: Ghana Begins Sale Of Naija Must Go Bag by londoner: 12:57pm On Apr 10, 2011
@all, I doubt Ghanaians will do that. they may want to but they wont.

How are they going to boot all the Nigerians banks out, and Glo etc? Their government are busy accepting Nigerian investment in. Not to mention the amount of money the universities in  Ghana receive from Nigerian students? Do you really think they want to kick Nigerians out and lose the money?

Its a rumour, lol
Re: Ghana Begins Sale Of Naija Must Go Bag by mamagee3(f): 10:10pm On Apr 10, 2011
doublekay:

I dey laughoo
Are you still laughing? grin grin
Re: Ghana Begins Sale Of Naija Must Go Bag by tpsolomons: 10:44pm On Apr 10, 2011
The Nigerian hotelier is however not convinced. Peeping through his curtains

grin grin grin grin *Rolling on the floor*
Re: Ghana Begins Sale Of Naija Must Go Bag by johnjoel(m): 11:45am On Apr 11, 2011
suck suck that is pretty suck
Re: Ghana Begins Sale Of Naija Must Go Bag by nanidee(f): 1:11pm On Apr 11, 2011
londoner:

@all, I doubt Ghanaians will do that. they may want to but they wont.

How are they going to boot all the Nigerians banks out, and Glo etc? Their government are busy accepting Nigerian investment in. Not to mention the amount of money the universities in  Ghana receive from Nigerian students? Do you really think they want to kick Nigerians out and lose the money?

Its a rumour, lol

nice one
Re: Ghana Begins Sale Of Naija Must Go Bag by spikedcylinder: 3:30pm On Apr 11, 2011
Wazobiareport = Satire
Satire = the use of irony, sarcasm, ridicule, or the like, in exposing, denouncing, or deriding vice, folly, etc.
Re: Ghana Begins Sale Of Naija Must Go Bag by tope3x(m): 3:42pm On Apr 12, 2011
[b][/b] WELL, I CAN SAY WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND, WE STARTED IT BY (GHANA MUST GO) NOW THEIR TURN TO REVENGE, grin
Re: Ghana Begins Sale Of Naija Must Go Bag by Afam4eva(m): 3:59pm On Apr 12, 2011
What goes around definitely comes around.
Re: Ghana Begins Sale Of Naija Must Go Bag by ifyalways(f): 4:48pm On Apr 12, 2011
Pics of the said bag,anyone?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tiwa Savage Tweets A Photoof Herself Pounding Yam! / Check Out Top Ten Charming Yoruba Actresses (pictures) / Banky W In A White Native Attire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.