Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,492 members, 7,830,487 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

Sim Swap/Retrieval Problems: Share Your Experiences Nairalanders - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Sim Swap/Retrieval Problems: Share Your Experiences Nairalanders (19292 Views)

FG Wants Telcos To Establish SIM Swap Centres In All 774 Lgas / FG Orders Cancellation Of ₦20 National Identification Number Retrieval Charge / Airtel Sim Swap Charges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sim Swap/Retrieval Problems: Share Your Experiences Nairalanders by bofemsky2: 9:33am On Feb 27, 2021
somto811:
call 200, press 1 fr english then press 4 , press 4 again
Then
Listen to the msg, once its done, it will ask u to press 1 .do it and thats all
Please, do you know how I can speak with MTN agents directly?
Re: Sim Swap/Retrieval Problems: Share Your Experiences Nairalanders by somto811(m): 5:49pm On Mar 14, 2021
bofemsky2:
Please, do you know how I can speak with MTN agents directly?
yes i can, sorry fr the late reply
Re: Sim Swap/Retrieval Problems: Share Your Experiences Nairalanders by NewDelhi(m): 6:37pm On Apr 20, 2021
derbykol:
My mum has been facing same challenge at glo office.
Glo have been giving me problems too.
Re: Sim Swap/Retrieval Problems: Share Your Experiences Nairalanders by NewDelhi(m): 6:43pm On Apr 20, 2021
gbemishile:
na the same predicament I dey so o.
lost my phone last year with my MTN and glo sim
I went to glo sim that last year only for them to tell me no sim replacement as per NCC guideline.i waited till around January when NCC decided to lift ban on sim replacement.i Waka go do affidavit and headed to MTN office which was successful.i then went to glo center but the idiots there told me I can not do as they have not gotten directive from NCC.i just dey vex,dey call radio stations dey halla say make Dem help me beg glo,make dem do sim replacement,but na lie,Dem no gree.i sent a DM to their official Twitter account last month,and fortunately was told that sim replacement has commenced.i went to their glo office branch,only for them to tell me to wait another two weeks for them to link my NIN to my sim before I could proceed with sim replacement.i went back after two weeks and was told again that I did a roadside sim registration,that I did not register some details when buying the sim,so I need to be re-registered,but unfortunately, NCC has not given them go-ahead to do sim registration.i almost lost my senses.
Same here. I went to glo office abeokuta today and the stupid woman was like I didn't register the sim properly when I bought it that u have to re-register again but government never give them the go ahead to open sim registration. Terrible people.
Re: Sim Swap/Retrieval Problems: Share Your Experiences Nairalanders by Chizbaaa(f): 5:08pm On Aug 14, 2021
Glo has been giving me same problem. My sim did not get lost or stolen, it just stopped getting detected. I went to glo office on Monday last week they told me to get NIN. In an haste I paid 2500 for NIN then after 2 days I got the number.
I was happy and went to glo office at Allen on Friday yesterday and after waiting 3 hours one guy came and told us that they won't attend to all of us since the No was at 126 already. He advised that we go to glo office at ICM, after waiting for 5 hours around 4:30pm I was taken in and when it was my turn the lady said my NIN is not working �� that I should go to NIN office and tell them to link it or something like that.
I am so pained because I recently subscribed 2k my sim before it spoilt and it expires on the 24th of this month. Moreover, this sim is linked to all my accounts, bank, student portals and so on. To get another sim will be having to reach out to all these establishment for them to change my contact info again. P.S. they said we are to pay 2100 naira for sim replacement �.
Please anyone who can help me should please quote me.
Re: Sim Swap/Retrieval Problems: Share Your Experiences Nairalanders by Chizbaaa(f): 2:01am On Oct 08, 2021
Chizbaaa:
Glo has been giving me same problem. My sim did not get lost or stolen, it just stopped getting detected. I went to glo office on Monday last week they told me to get NIN. In an haste I paid 2500 for NIN then after 2 days I got the number.
I was happy and went to glo office at Allen on Friday yesterday and after waiting 3 hours one guy came and told us that they won't attend to all of us since the No was at 126 already. He advised that we go to glo office at ICM, after waiting for 5 hours around 4:30pm I was taken in and when it was my turn the lady said my NIN is not working �� that I should go to NIN office and tell them to link it or something like that.
I am so pained because I recently subscribed 2k my sim before it spoilt and it expires on the 24th of this month. Moreover, this sim is linked to all my accounts, bank, student portals and so on. To get another sim will be having to reach out to all these establishment for them to change my contact info again. P.S. they said we are to pay 2100 naira for sim replacement �.
Please anyone who can help me should please quote me.

Finally did my sim after 2 months on Tuesday. I was charged 2500 promised 2k airtime but I am yet to receive any but that doesn’t matter as long as I have my sim back grin sad
Re: Sim Swap/Retrieval Problems: Share Your Experiences Nairalanders by pat077: 6:00am On Oct 08, 2021
Chizbaaa:

Finally did my sim after 2 months on Tuesday. I was charged 2500 promised 2k airtime but I am yet to receive any but that doesn’t matter as long as I have my sim back grin sad
did u later go to NIN office for validation of the NIN?
Re: Sim Swap/Retrieval Problems: Share Your Experiences Nairalanders by Chizbaaa(f): 11:55am On Oct 09, 2021
pat077:
did u later go to NIN office for validation of the NIN?
Yes I went the first time, I was told to comeback in 2 weeks which made it 54 days after doing my NIN before a lady took us to a office where our NIN was imputed into the system and automatically validated.
Re: Sim Swap/Retrieval Problems: Share Your Experiences Nairalanders by pat077: 12:21pm On Oct 09, 2021
Chizbaaa:

Yes I went the first time, I was told to comeback in 2 weeks which made it 54 days after doing my NIN before a lady took us to a office where our NIN was imputed into the system and automatically validated.
what was the cost implication for the validation?
Re: Sim Swap/Retrieval Problems: Share Your Experiences Nairalanders by Chizbaaa(f): 8:53am On Oct 11, 2021
pat077:
what was the cost implication for the validation?
I don’t understand you. I didn’t state in my quote that there was a fee paid, you just have to make sure to go early everyday and hope that someone attends to you. I didn’t pay anything for validation
Re: Sim Swap/Retrieval Problems: Share Your Experiences Nairalanders by pat077: 10:09am On Oct 11, 2021
Chizbaaa:

I don’t understand you. I didn’t state in my quote that there was a fee paid, you just have to make sure to go early everyday and hope that someone attends to you. I didn’t pay anything for validation
okay.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Much Will It Cost To Replace The Back Glass For An Iphone X? / Oraimo Launched Green World Exclusive Flagship Store In Lagos / Blackberry From Glo As A Modem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.