Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,201 members, 7,811,533 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:01 PM

I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. (39668 Views)

My Work Was Just Put On Hold Now, I Need A New Job / The Time To Japa Is Now, I Have To Leave This Country ✈️✈️ / I Can't Choose My Exam Centre Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2022 Application Form (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by Supreme01: 7:10am On Feb 20, 2021
Hello Good people,
Please help me out of depression right now.

Earlier these month, great opportunity showed up, I was to assembly foreign equipment for one big politician in my state. The architect that got the contract contacted me as an engineer, we went to the site, take the measurement, ready to kick start the work. We've negotiated the price, you know Nigerians most demand for cut, which we agreed certain percentage.

4 days to the date set for the money to be transferred, she stop picking my calls, stop answering my chat on whatsapp.

Before then she'll be calling to ask if I'll be able to fix the equipments, she'll ask me questions like; how are you going to do it, what an what will you need, how many workers will work with you etc.

The guy that connected me with her happens to be a friend. I was updating this guy on every progress. At a point this woman start passing information through this guy to me. I was wandering, why can't she call me direct.

To cut the whole story, The woman went an gather some people including the guy to do the work, after all my efforts.

Ever since I finished my training 3yrs ago, have not gotten some thing to do an this job will have being good break through for me to get my own place. My rent's about to expire, difficult to feed etc.

I've never cry my entire life like this, for the past 5days I've being indoors because no job.

I'm really depressed. I've tried every thing to get it off my mind but no way. Never had this experience.
Please pray for me.
mode please help move to front package for me.

170 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by enigma1122(m): 7:24am On Feb 20, 2021
that friend of yours ask him

160 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by ATTAHDYE(m): 7:34am On Feb 20, 2021
Learn not to share all the vital information on how you intend doing something like this.

Sorry and try to move on.

448 Likes 18 Shares

Re: I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by SoftChordz: 7:49am On Feb 20, 2021
Supreme01:
Hello Good people,

Earlier these month, great opportunity showed up, I was to assembly foreign equipment for one big politician in my state. The architect that got the contract contacted me as an engineer, we went to the site, take the measurement, ready to kick start the work. We've negotiated the price, you know Nigerians most demand for cut, which we agreed certain percentage.

4 days to the date set for the money to be transferred, she stop picking my calls, stop answering my chat on whatsapp.

Before then she'll be calling to ask if I'll be able to fix the equipments, she'll ask me questions like; how are you going to do it, what an what will you need, how many workers will work with you etc.

The guy that connected me with her happens to be a friend. I was updating this guy on every progress. At a point this woman start passing information through this guy to me. I was wandering, why can't she call me direct.

To cut the whole story, The woman went an gather some people including the guy to do the work, after all my efforts.

Ever since I finished my training 3yrs ago, have not gotten some thing to do an this job will have being good break through for me to get my own place. My rent's about to expire, difficult to feed etc.

I've never cry my entire life like this, for the past 5days I've being indoors because no job.

I'm really depressed. I've tried every thing to get it off my mind but no way. Never had this experience.
Please pray for me.
Never share the process of your work with a client, just tell the person your bill and the end product of what they want will be like and that's it, never expose ur skills or processes of it or where to buy the materials and other stuff. you were too excited and trying to proof to the bitch that you know ur job and she juiced you up. Learn and move bro don't cry over spilled milk, move on and cut off that pig u call ur friend bc he's not... mind ppl u keep around and always watch them. Better ones de for future now get up, dust off and double ur hustle like mad ok.. wish u well bro

515 Likes 24 Shares

Re: I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by FatherCHRISTMAS: 7:51am On Feb 20, 2021
Did you record the conversations? If yes, you could Sue them to court.
There are lawyers that will handle your case without initial payment.

72 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by Zeion422(m): 7:57am On Feb 20, 2021
Ur break trou will surely come......i can relate wit u,still tryin to get my mind cleared from my own experience

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by shortgun(m): 8:16am On Feb 20, 2021
like others have said Never tell clients your complete process.
Most people will just use your knowledge do the job and won't give u a kobo.
Real clients don't ask too many questions...Time wasters do.

160 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by Supreme01: 8:25am On Feb 20, 2021
Zeion422:
Ur break trou will surely come......i can relate wit u,still tryin to get my mind cleared from my own experience

Amen..and you too..thank you

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by dayleke: 9:24am On Feb 20, 2021
Sorry about that.
The best is yet to come.

For their minds now, dem smarter than you be that.... sad

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by beautyhd: 9:41am On Feb 20, 2021
That your so called friend planned this from the onset, you were too excited to notice.
I believe you have learnt your lessons. Never trust anyone with the knowledge that puts food on your table.

80 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by Emma1Oj(m): 10:09am On Feb 20, 2021
Guys don't ever relate with anyone as friend's. They are the bullet that kill faster than poison. It's called no permanent friend no permanent enemy.. I've noticed that it's pple u don't kn from anywhere that do help in times of needs.

130 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by Slynation(m): 10:10am On Feb 20, 2021
Supreme01:
Hello Good people,

Please pray for me.
Ahh....I can categorically inform you there is nothing more painful than someone sliding you, but I believe better days are ahead, try to advertise yourself the more, and next time be a man of few words....

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by Nobody: 10:20am On Feb 20, 2021
Weak man

2 Likes

Re: I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by Supreme01: 10:22am On Feb 20, 2021
Atiku:
Weak man
thank you

24 Likes

Re: I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by Supreme01: 10:23am On Feb 20, 2021
Slynation:

Ahh....I can categorically inform you there is nothing more painful than someone sliding you, but I believe better days are ahead, try to advertise yourself the more, and next time be a man of few words....

thank you bro

5 Likes

Re: I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by Gentlerespect76: 10:45am On Feb 20, 2021
Very unfortunate situation OP. But I am convinced God will see you through. Do not conclude that it's all over.

14 Likes

Re: I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by infogenius(m): 10:47am On Feb 20, 2021
Op, I am sorry about ur experience.
U actually paid for a business lesson.
The most important thing is that u're wiser now and better prepared for bigger jobs.
All the best

67 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by ElValiente(m): 11:03am On Feb 20, 2021
Supreme01:
Hello Good people,

Please pray for me.

He was never a friend. As for the women hmm than gender.

2 Likes

Re: I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by Airoflaw(m): 11:31am On Feb 20, 2021
Sorry about that bro..another will come, be more smarter

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by Depressed101: 12:29pm On Feb 20, 2021
Supreme01:
Hello Good people,

Please pray for me.
you dont give vital information relating to what you will do or how you are going to do a job, A quotation is enough..., forget the job God will bring a better one, i am sure they didn't execute the job to your qualified level

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by Reex12(m): 12:53pm On Feb 20, 2021
sad.She played you, and you divulged your knowledge to her, wisdom is profitable to direct...the exitement of getting the contract made you spill important info and they sidetracked you..It aint your fault brother. SHIT HAPPENS

Just be smarter next time, the streets is brutal

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by Mrsoft3(m): 12:54pm On Feb 20, 2021
Supreme01:
Hello Good people,

Please pray for me.

See go and pray,this is not ordinary fast go and locate a prayer house with strong grace and pray,go and sow a seed no matter how small. This is my piece of advice for you

15 Likes

Re: I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by yesloaded: 12:54pm On Feb 20, 2021
Supreme01:
Hello Good people,

Please pray for me.

God will provide you with bigger project

Don't trust people with your business secret next time

Human being can wicked sometimes although not everyone will be such wicked

11 Likes

Re: I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by Prussian: 12:55pm On Feb 20, 2021
Mrsoft3:

See go and pray,this is not ordinary fast go and locate a prayer house with strong grace and pray,go and sow a seed no matter how small. This is my piece of advice for you

Mango or bitterleaf seed?
Mtscheww

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by DontCough: 12:55pm On Feb 20, 2021
Pick up the pieces and move on OP.

Bigger disappointment are ahead, brace up your mind and face front.
Re: I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by hakeem4(m): 12:56pm On Feb 20, 2021
The friend must have connived with the said woman to push you out of the deal. You were also giving them your knowledge free of charge. Never do that.

Don't worry, they would probably get to a stage in that project where they would need an expert to work on it for them. By then you can now decide to double your fee grin

As for now maybe you should find something else doing so as not to get too depressed

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by Legalcriminal: 12:56pm On Feb 20, 2021
Shits happen and you gotta move on. This life never put your mind too much on what it’s yet yours.
Re: I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by Kobicove(m): 12:56pm On Feb 20, 2021
@ Supreme01 I feel your pain but it's one of the risks of doing business in Nigeria with Nigerians.

Just bear in mind that at some point your Nigerian business partner will try to cheat you, forget about all the religious pretence that abounds in this country! angry

12 Likes

Re: I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by Nobody: 12:56pm On Feb 20, 2021
life is nice if you care
A dice, to throw, beware

A friend can make or mar
often makes you bad and sad
Friend is like your car
change oil or it bad

friends makes or mar
good advices that sour
bad ones sour later

You're the engine
friends only oil your vibe
Only you must know your setting
Change oil before it goes vile

Drabeey was Here

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by HopeUzodinma: 12:56pm On Feb 20, 2021
if only you can learn to keep your mouth shut, you would become a very wealthy man.

welcome to the streets.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by Nobody: 12:57pm On Feb 20, 2021
Supreme01:
Hello Good people,

Please pray for me.

Do you believe that the FUTURE is FEMALE?
Answer this and I will give you my advice.
Re: I Was Tricked, Now I Can't Sleep. by Pidginwhisper: 12:57pm On Feb 20, 2021
lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Medpro Global Resources Is Fake Recruiting Firm Beware !!! / 8 Things You Can Buy And Hold As Investment In Nigeria / Visafone Recruitment!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.