Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,642 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

Please, Advice A Brother And His Accounting Dept. Course Mates Of CRUTECH - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Please, Advice A Brother And His Accounting Dept. Course Mates Of CRUTECH (410 Views)

UNIJOS Student Abdulsalam Idris Beaten To Death By Course Mates Over N30k Bribe / How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science / Graphic Photo Of Corpse Of CRUTECH Student Who Lost His Life During Pool Party (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please, Advice A Brother And His Accounting Dept. Course Mates Of CRUTECH by BrutusOj(m): 8:13am On Feb 20, 2021
Good morning fellow Nairalanders. I am sorry to bother you guys with a brother's predicament in one of our glorified community Secondary Schools called Cross River State University of Technology (CRUTECH). My younger brother got admission into the school in 2015, a year after he got the admission, he started lamenting about the extortion from the lecturers in the department of Accounting. Fast forward to January 2018, they wrote their final exams. A year after (2019), some of their exam papers were being picked for marking based on who sort the lecturers the most, if you have no money to sort, the lecturers ignore your papers for marking which means no hope of graduation and NYSC mobilisation for you.

My brother and other students in thesame fate started pressuring their exam officers and they were told that a certain lecturer is the one delaying their graduation, the said lecturer is running a program in UNN and has refused to hand their papers to other lecturers in the department to mark for him, he selects the scripts of his loyalists (those who sort him). Just recently, my brother called the exam officer again and he was told that their results are ready but yet to be retrieved from the school portal or so for Senate sitting and approval before they can graduate and proceed for national service.

It's over three (3) years since they wrote their final exams, yet they have no hope of mobilisation for service. Some of their parents are beginning to doubt if they actually attended the school, one of his friends' elder sister has prepared to bundle the guy to the school to approach the department. I also started having doubt at a point too until I met some of them and heard their heart breaking ordeals about the school.

Lawyers in the house, please advise a brother in pain, can one sue a department of a school for an unlawful delay of students results?

@Fynestboi @Lalasticlala;
Please, help push this forward to where I can get help for this able young men being stagnated because of a failed school system.
Re: Please, Advice A Brother And His Accounting Dept. Course Mates Of CRUTECH by BrutusOj(m): 8:24am On Feb 20, 2021
Mods, please help me. I beg of you guys.
Re: Please, Advice A Brother And His Accounting Dept. Course Mates Of CRUTECH by meetme01: 10:17am On Feb 20, 2021
Put month and year in the story. Saying 3yrs seems you didn't phantom the COVID-19 era and strike.

Yes, it is very long but sometimes we should thread carefully when putting information on the internet.

A 2 page letter should sort this out. Writing the Registrar and cc The VC anf DVC Academics will make things more easier.

You don't need to say the actions of the lecturer. Just be plain about your brother's exam status. Explain in detail when he sat for the exam when others got their results and the present state of things according to the exam officer.

Don't let them witchhunt your brother and colleagues in the same state.

We are in a country where saying the obvious can be termed negatively and without proper investigation, the above becomes the result.

The patience you have had all these while should not be triggered. Write and ask questions for quick updates.

It is well bro

2 Likes

Re: Please, Advice A Brother And His Accounting Dept. Course Mates Of CRUTECH by BrutusOj(m): 3:37pm On Feb 20, 2021
meetme01:
Put month and year in the story. Saying 3yrs seems you didn't phantom the COVID-19 era and strike.

Yes, it is very long but sometimes we should thread carefully when putting information on the internet.

A 2 page letter should sort this out. Writing the Registrar and cc The VC anf DVC Academics will make things more easier.

You don't need to say the actions of the lecturer. Just be plain about your brother's exam status. Explain in detail when he sat for the exam when others got their results and the present state of things according to the exam officer.

Don't let them witchhunt your brother and colleagues in the same state.

We are in a country where saying the obvious can be termed negatively and without proper investigation, the above becomes the result.

The patience you have had all these while should not be triggered. Write and ask questions for quick updates.

It is well bro
Thanks for your concern. They left the town since their last papers (September 2018). If we remove the COVID-19 impact, it's 2years wasted already. It has been calls upon calls. Concerning writing the registrar/ VC or DVC, we thought of all that, but were cautioned not to go that way yet as it may turn out bad. The politics of the school is such that some lecturers got direct connection to those at helm of affairs of the state, hence reporting matters such as this to the VC and the concerned lecturers are invited for questioning may further the delay. Honestly, I wish I can convince the young man to put in for JAMB and forget about the school for good. Depression is killing the young men already.

(1) (Reply)

Side Hustle Internship To Equip Youths With In-demand Digital Skills For Free / Please Don't Disgrace Me-- Woman Says After Been Caught Stealing / Why the sense of smell decreases with age?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.