Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,615 members, 7,816,526 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

How Do I Determine The Stonecoated Sqm From Lintel - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Do I Determine The Stonecoated Sqm From Lintel (235 Views)

A Unique Stonecoated Roofing Project / ALUMINIUM ROOFING SHEETS, STONECOATED TILES (FIRE PROOF),MEASUREMENT AND INSTALL / MEASUREMENT,SUPPLY AND INSTALLATION OF STONECOATED ROOFING (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Determine The Stonecoated Sqm From Lintel by Rang3rman2(m): 2:25am On Feb 21, 2021
Good day fellow Nairalanders,
Thanks for always being here for all members, the forum is highly informative indeed. I am currently building a 3 bedroom bungalow in Kwara State...when I approached Bricklayers and was given different quotations of 2.3M and 2M respectively to raise from half dpc to lintel and 200k and 300k respectively for workmanship. However, I discovered both wanted to rip me off via cement theft and other materials so I took charge and they were not happy doing the job. The first bricklayer I engaged started with 18bags of cement just for foundation setting without any bricks I was mad and stopped him and I decided to engage the former whom I told I was going to monitor my materials from the onset and I really did. I was out of office for two weeks, we resumed and closed together and at a point they started wasting my materials because they were not allowed to steal. Eventially, I spent almost 2M for 4100blocks(9inches), 110bags of cement, 25tonnes of granite, 50tonnes of sand, Iron bars, woods, soak away digging etc. I want to appreciate a good friend of mine who really helped when the Bricklayers opened 15 pillars and he said they wanted to waste my money that a bungalow does not require such especially on dry land and eventually was reduced to four edges.I am at roofing stage and the dimensions are 53ft lenght and 33ft breadth. Please can someone help in calculating the sqm for stonecoated from the above dimensions. I don't want to be ripped off...those guys are bad. Thanks.
Re: How Do I Determine The Stonecoated Sqm From Lintel by MRFIXER001: 8:13am On Feb 21, 2021
You can't do the calculation of stone coated with that, your roofing carcass first. Then you call on expert to take measurements of the total square metre.

You can't get the accurate quote because;

1. You don't know the actual height of the carcass, even if the carpenter suggested a particular height it can't be accurate. Their definitely be plus or minus.
2. A good modern house plan must definitely have some shooting out to beautify the shape of the house; the roof height of those shooting out is certain to be different.

Those heights determine the length of the ridges, valley gutter of the roof carcass
Re: How Do I Determine The Stonecoated Sqm From Lintel by Rang3rman2(m): 9:14am On Feb 21, 2021
Thanks Mr. Fixer, I really appreciate your contribution. I came across a calculation that says it could be calculated using Area = Lenght × breadth( converted to sqm) then add 20% of the total area to get it. How feasible is this please?
Re: How Do I Determine The Stonecoated Sqm From Lintel by MRFIXER001: 10:16am On Feb 22, 2021
The quote can't be accurate with that formula, kindly wait patiently till the roof carcass is done

(1) (Reply)

48 Rooms Functioning Hotel For Sale At Alimosho / Urgent; Please Answer Needed!!! / ○_○

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.