Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,190 members, 7,815,145 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

Why Coke Tastes Different In Plastic, Bottle And Aluminum. - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Why Coke Tastes Different In Plastic, Bottle And Aluminum. (1469 Views)

The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. / Is "Zero Sugar" Coke Without Sugar? / Food Cooked With Firewood Vs Gas: Which One Tastes Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Coke Tastes Different In Plastic, Bottle And Aluminum. by Draslo(m): 3:06pm On Feb 21, 2021
Plastic bottles lose fizz quicker. Plastic is much more CO2-permeable than glass and aluminum, so the carbon dioxide (fizz) will leak out of a plastic bottle much faster than a glass bottle or can.

Chemicals in the bottle give the soda a plastic-y taste. Plastic bottles also have an acetaldehyde lining which is designed to stop interactions but also transfers into the flavor of the drink.

Glass changes the flavor less than plastic or aluminum.
As the least chemically reactive of our three materials, glass doesn’t alter taste as much—so if you want to enjoy Coke the way it’s meant to be enjoyed, go for glass.

When last did you drink coke from a glass bottle?

Re: Why Coke Tastes Different In Plastic, Bottle And Aluminum. by TANID(m): 3:33pm On Feb 21, 2021
OK
Re: Why Coke Tastes Different In Plastic, Bottle And Aluminum. by meobizy(f): 3:42pm On Feb 21, 2021
I’ve noticed this twice. I bought a box of coke in which all the drinks tasted flat. I had to buy an additional plastic offering from a fast food outlet to confirm that my purchase wasn’t fake. It’s sad that the bottle variety is no longer a thing. I’ll have to buy canned ones in the future.
Re: Why Coke Tastes Different In Plastic, Bottle And Aluminum. by Draslo(m): 3:46pm On Feb 21, 2021
meobizy:
I’ve noticed this twice. I bought a box of coke in which all the drinks tasted flat. I had to buy an additional plastic offering from a fast food outlet to confirm that my purchase wasn’t fake. It’s sad that the bottle variety is no longer a thing. I’ll have to buy canned ones in the future.
I really miss the glass bottled ones. Even though I rarely drink soda anymore except as a chaser with liquor, when I do, I'll make sure it's glass bottled.
Re: Why Coke Tastes Different In Plastic, Bottle And Aluminum. by Chillext(m): 5:54am On Feb 22, 2021
The can remains the best...
Re: Why Coke Tastes Different In Plastic, Bottle And Aluminum. by suffering: 4:19pm On Feb 28, 2022
One can still find the glass variety. I found out recently. People will rather buy a 60cl plastic bottle than 50cl glass which go for the same price.
Re: Why Coke Tastes Different In Plastic, Bottle And Aluminum. by Draslo(m): 5:00pm On Apr 15, 2022
suffering:
One can still find the glass variety. I found out recently. People will rather buy a 60cl plastic bottle than 50cl glass which go for the same price.
It's mostly because the plastic bottles are cheaper to make than glass so naturally, there'd be more plastic in circulation

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Dinner I Made With ₦200 / Newly arrived 4rm Germany Deep Chillers {Glass cover} 200k Each / Do You Know That Too Much Intake Of Starchy Foods Causes Pellagra.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.