Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,341 members, 7,811,988 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:04 AM

See What A Yoruba Man Was Spotted Wearing On His Waist In Broad Daylight (PHOTOS - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / See What A Yoruba Man Was Spotted Wearing On His Waist In Broad Daylight (PHOTOS (1093 Views)

One-Year-Old Masquerade Spotted In Isolo, Lagos (Photo, Video) / The Oba Of Benin Is A Yoruba Man. / Benin Was A Yoruba speaking Empire. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See What A Yoruba Man Was Spotted Wearing On His Waist In Broad Daylight (PHOTOS by vegafbs: 10:43am On Feb 22, 2021
A photo of a Yoruba man making rounds on social media currently shows a Nigerian man wearing what seems as protection on his waist in broad daylight.

The man in the photo obviously was not in the country as the photo reveals as he could be seen closing his luggage while a white man was standing by him.

The charm worn by the man is reportedly called ‘Igbaadi’ in Yoruba which is translated in English as ‘Protection Belt’ and the photo since surfacing on social media has sparked an uproar as many are giving diverse opinions to it.

Could it be a charm? Is this a result of the prevalent insecurity in the country?

Recall a northern governor has called on Nigerians to protect themselves. The Nigeria Minister of Defence has made the same call that Nigerians should rise up and defend themselves in the face of the damning insecurity bedeviling the country.

See photos below;

https://www.ngtimes.net/2021/02/see-yoruba-man-spotted-wearing-waist-broad-daylight-photos.html

Re: See What A Yoruba Man Was Spotted Wearing On His Waist In Broad Daylight (PHOTOS by Nobody: 10:49am On Feb 22, 2021
This one say you will still die one day. Even pastor will die one day. Who no go die one day?

That's what he believes in. Some wear rosary on their necks for protection, some tesbha. What ever you believe would protect you, pls wear. And if you still don't believe in anything.....still good. Just live and let's live. To each, his own!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See What A Yoruba Man Was Spotted Wearing On His Waist In Broad Daylight (PHOTOS by walosky(m): 10:54am On Feb 22, 2021
NA THEIR WAY !

STRONG DEM NO STRONG.....FIGHT DEM NO FIT FIGHT

Na to dey open mouth agape dey scream aaaaargh !

1 Like

Re: See What A Yoruba Man Was Spotted Wearing On His Waist In Broad Daylight (PHOTOS by Fahdiga(m): 10:57am On Feb 22, 2021
Yorubas can't do without jazz. though it is necessary in this perilous time. how can I get mine in case I bumped into herdsmen
Re: See What A Yoruba Man Was Spotted Wearing On His Waist In Broad Daylight (PHOTOS by nifemi25(m): 11:13am On Feb 22, 2021
Olorun awa pelu wa
Re: See What A Yoruba Man Was Spotted Wearing On His Waist In Broad Daylight (PHOTOS by engrchykae(m): 12:42pm On Feb 22, 2021
Sunday igboho don't even trust his jazz,he went to west Germany
Re: See What A Yoruba Man Was Spotted Wearing On His Waist In Broad Daylight (PHOTOS by Shellsploit: 1:27pm On Feb 22, 2021
Okokobioko shocked
This one na male kayanmata!
Looks like Sunday Ighohodalo.

Lalasticlala come and see oo

Re: See What A Yoruba Man Was Spotted Wearing On His Waist In Broad Daylight (PHOTOS by iamyemiakins(m): 8:09pm On Feb 22, 2021
Person dey abroad still dey protect himself to this extent, for you staying in Nigeria what's ur excuse?

1 Like

Re: See What A Yoruba Man Was Spotted Wearing On His Waist In Broad Daylight (PHOTOS by oginga: 11:41pm On Feb 22, 2021
Guys please protect your self anyway you can before someone take away your precious life.
Re: See What A Yoruba Man Was Spotted Wearing On His Waist In Broad Daylight (PHOTOS by YungMillionaire: 3:43am On Feb 23, 2021
walosky:
NA THEIR WAY !STRONG DEM NO STRONG.....FIGHT DEM NO FIT FIGHT
Na to dey open mouth agape dey scream aaaaargh !

And YET they are are the current WORLD boxing heavyweight champions and the current UFC WORLD MMA Champions.

When will Igbos produce an Anthony Joshua or an Israel Adesanya? Asking for a friend. grin grin grin grin

You call people coward but you cannot compete with them at the highest level of Global combat sports. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Please don't quote me. I am not Yoruba. I just like exposing stupid people. grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: See What A Yoruba Man Was Spotted Wearing On His Waist In Broad Daylight (PHOTOS by YungMillionaire: 5:37am On Feb 23, 2021
cool cool cool cool cool
Re: See What A Yoruba Man Was Spotted Wearing On His Waist In Broad Daylight (PHOTOS by YungMillionaire: 5:37am On Feb 23, 2021
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: See What A Yoruba Man Was Spotted Wearing On His Waist In Broad Daylight (PHOTOS by YungMillionaire: 5:38am On Feb 23, 2021
Not different from holy water, Catholic rosary, Muslim prayer beads etc. To each his own.
Re: See What A Yoruba Man Was Spotted Wearing On His Waist In Broad Daylight (PHOTOS by scholes0(m): 7:06am On Feb 23, 2021
And how is that different from a Rosary with crucifix on a catholic's neck or a Japamala on a Buddhist or Hindu's neck??

Besides, is Yoruba written on the mans 'bumbum'? How did the poster know his ethnicity? Charms & amulets are a prominent feature of many African cultures from east to west, north to south. One of the major issues with the use of social media the world over is that people believe anything they see on SM without asking the important questions.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What A Yoruba Man Was Spotted Wearing On His Waist In Broad Daylight (PHOTOS by EzeNri(m): 10:46pm On Feb 23, 2021
YungMillionaire:

And YET they are are the current WORLD boxing heavyweight champions and the current UFC WORLD MMA Champions.

When will Igbos produce an Anthony Joshua or an Israel Adesanya? Asking for a friend. grin grin grin grin

You call people coward but you cannot compete with them at the highest level of Global combat sports. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Please don't quote me. I am not Yoruba. I just like exposing stupid people. grin grin grin grin
They should go and return their brothers in Benin Republic IDP camps
Re: See What A Yoruba Man Was Spotted Wearing On His Waist In Broad Daylight (PHOTOS by BOOZELEE: 5:46am On Feb 24, 2021
See him dirty bag and boxer's.

This guy go dirty well well

The juju be like aboki and all this Niger and Mali juju

(1) (Reply)

African Beauty Pageant / Culture Shock. Caption This Photo. / Sanusi Better Off As Emir Than CBN Governor - PIC EVIDENCE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.