Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,948 members, 7,835,163 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:19 AM

Networking And Cybersecurity - Certification And Training Adverts - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Certification And Training Adverts / Networking And Cybersecurity (354 Views)

Networking & Security Bootcamp (beginner To Expert) / Certified Professional In Enterprise Cybersecurity / Cisco Networking Academy Abuja & Ilorin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Networking And Cybersecurity by Cleo18: 1:51pm On Feb 22, 2021
I am interested in learning cybersecurity from the scratch. I studied Mathematics and have a basic knowledge of Python. I have no knowledge of networking.

I decided to visit a training center today and the director informed me that I would need to learn networking before I start the cybersecurity (ethical hacking).

I asked him what software application we would be using, he said none. This is the reason I am writing this post. Please in learning networking, don't I need any software application such as Cisco Tracer packet, GNS-3, Eve-ng?

According to him, we would be doing more of networking practicals in the course of the networking training. So why do I see members in some groups posting projects done on software applications? Don't I need knowledge of the software applications too?

Please to those of you who have knowledge of these trainings, for my self-practice in preparation for the certification exams, don't I need to know the softwares application aspects too?
Re: Networking And Cybersecurity by aliyuthayo(m): 8:09pm On Feb 22, 2021
Of course you need a sound Networking knowledge before embarking on Network Security (CyberSecurity or Infrastructure Security).
But the question is what type of Networking Course is he recommending?
If you go for CompTIA Network+; you'll get the fundamental of Networking which is enough for any CyberSecurity program. You may not use either GNS3 or Cisco Packet Tracer for CompTIA Network+.
I'll advise you go for Advanced Networking program like CCNAv7, where you won't only learn Networking fundamentals but more advanced topics like Routing, Switching and Enterprise Connectivity. This will broaden your scope and help you understanding Network Security the more.
I hope this helps.
Re: Networking And Cybersecurity by Cleo18: 11:05pm On Feb 22, 2021
aliyuthayo:
Of course you need a sound Networking knowledge before embarking on Network Security (CyberSecurity or Infrastructure Security).
But the question is what type of Networking Course is he recommending?
If you go for CompTIA Network+; you'll get the fundamental of Networking which is enough for any CyberSecurity program. You may not use either GNS3 or Cisco Packet Tracer for CompTIA Network+.
I'll advise you go for Advanced Networking program like CCNAv7, where you won't only learn Networking fundamentals but more advanced topics like Routing, Switching and Enterprise Connectivity. This will broaden your scope and help you understanding Network Security the more.
I hope this helps.

Alright, thanks but isn't CompTIA more generalized than Cisco?
Re: Networking And Cybersecurity by aliyuthayo(m): 8:47am On Mar 05, 2021
CompTIA Network+ is an open source Networking Training while Cisco CCNA is Vendor specific, and it's Technological advanced than CompTIA Network+

(1) (Reply)

SECURITY TRAINING (special Promo) / Appium Realtime Online Training,job Support / Hadoop Realtime Live Online Training And Recorded Videos Of Old Batches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.