Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,200 members, 7,818,666 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

Can A 3rd Class Work In A Bank - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Can A 3rd Class Work In A Bank (6467 Views)

I Just Got A Job In A University With My 3rd Class. / My Story As A 3rd Class Degree Holder / Can I Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A 3rd Class Work In A Bank by naijakid1: 8:06pm On Jul 05, 2007
Hi nairalanders,how possible is it for someone with a 3rdclass work in a bank.I've just been called for a test,can i scale through or should i not just waste my time.This has really bugged me alot.Pls somebody help me.
Re: Can A 3rd Class Work In A Bank by scofield(m): 9:37pm On Jul 05, 2007
naijakid, why are you loosing faith in yourself.with the alimighty God nothing i say nothing is impossible.all i will tell you is prepare hard and pass the test.all the best.
Re: Can A 3rd Class Work In A Bank by mait(m): 10:14pm On Jul 05, 2007
Faith is de key grin,be at ur best. wink
Re: Can A 3rd Class Work In A Bank by jayvinnie(m): 10:29pm On Jul 05, 2007
Hi Nairaland is very possible
Re: Can A 3rd Class Work In A Bank by marvostica(m): 11:45pm On Jul 05, 2007
Naija kid,
u dont have to loose hope and confidence in urself believe in urself and u will sweep everybody off thier feet.just get urself prepared 4 d test and interview and u might be surprise to see dat some lst class might not make it.
Make sure u pray.
Re: Can A 3rd Class Work In A Bank by fabiyi: 8:21am On Jul 06, 2007
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
''Hi Nairaland users,how possible is it for someone with a 3rdclass work in a bank.I've just been called for a test,can i scale through or should i not just waste my time.This has really bugged me alot.Please somebody help me.''

Hi Naija kid,

The way your post sound does not look like a Third Class graduate or third class citizen.

Therefore, it is very possible and I want to assure you that you will get the job provided you can study hard to pass their test well above the cut- off mark.

Also, this will send a signal to all the employers that grades should not be used as a major criteron for inviting graduates for test.

I have said it time without number that my Uncle was a third class graduate (Ife) and he managed to do his Msc. The guy is one of the biggest guys in Halliburton, a multi-national company today.

So, why doubting your being securing a job in a bank where your on job performance is the major pivotal of your promotion.

Finally, friend, no shaking as your job has come in Jesus Mighty name.( Amen)

Cheers!!!
Re: Can A 3rd Class Work In A Bank by ifyeve1(f): 8:47am On Jul 06, 2007
sometimes grade does not really matter, what matters most is the ability and capability of individual.
i.e passing the exams means u are up to something, and that is the main idea of the exams.

goodluck the job is yours.
Re: Can A 3rd Class Work In A Bank by godslead(f): 10:16am On Jul 06, 2007
naija kid:

Hi Nairaland users,how possible is it for someone with a 3rdclass work in a bank.I've just been called for a test,can i scale through or should i not just waste my time.This has really bugged me alot.Please somebody help me.

@ post let mi share somtin wit u i read from a book
", all things ,no matter their magnitude , are posible.There is nothing conceivable by man that is not obtainable.That case before you is not an impossible one,its only an opportunity for triumph.It doesn't matter what scientific,social educational or even spiritual authorities have said about it.Jesus says,all things are possible " and that is what matters."

", your mind is set to work when you know that all things are possible.There is a solution to every problem under the sun,wether personal ,social ,economical or professional.They are only waiting for those bold enough to challenge and coquer them."

So my dear friend the quesion now is do u BELIEVE?If ur answer is a YES ,then dont subject urself to a piece of paper ok?
Re: Can A 3rd Class Work In A Bank by Pompin: 11:51am On Jul 06, 2007
Hi,i can tell you about the chances of a third class graduate of working in a bank becos i graduated with a 3rd class.Early this year i went for a bank test which i passed but getting to the interview they were satisfied with everything except it is against most banks policy to employ graduates with 3rd class irrespective of ur performance in the test and during the interview.I believe with God all things are possible so i wud advice u to go for the test & prepare well.
Re: Can A 3rd Class Work In A Bank by babasin(m): 12:02pm On Jul 06, 2007
yes. even in a world-class-bank!

it is not your graded, but YOU!
Re: Can A 3rd Class Work In A Bank by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jul 08, 2007
@ poster don't allow all the positive comments to enter your head too much. Your chances are very very slim indeed.

start working on a higher degree/ professional qualification as soon as you read this, because that thirdie pali you are carrying around has put at a horrible disadvantage.
Re: Can A 3rd Class Work In A Bank by deejayhi(m): 11:29am On Jul 09, 2007
Naijakid, even though you are not sure,you should have an idea, that nigeria of today is a country where nothing is impossible and where everything is possible.If u take time to research on this,there are many third class graduates that found their way into bank. Besides,irrespective of discriminations,i still believes that what matters in the labour market is the qualities u have as a graduate,the skills and ability to convince your interviewers that irrespective of whatever grade u`re carrying,u`re still the best man for the job. succinctly,pls don`t think if you honour the invitation u`re wasting your time. Not at all.Everything in this life is working only with the grace of GOD. I wish u best of luck.
Re: Can A 3rd Class Work In A Bank by deejayhi(m): 11:47am On Jul 09, 2007
Hello Naira land users,i want to use this oppprtunity to tell all the employers in Nigeria labour market,that they should not rely on the applicant`s grade,but the qualities and skills in the applicants.So,equal opportunity should be given to every graduate to apply for any job vacancy in the labour market.
Re: Can A 3rd Class Work In A Bank by casca(m): 12:02pm On Jul 09, 2007
Naijakid,
With God all things are possible. Go all out with a heart of anyfate still pursuing, still achieving. C u at the TOP.
Re: Can A 3rd Class Work In A Bank by uchetobi(f): 12:08pm On Jul 09, 2007
I know a 3rd class graduate in Zenith bank. Some get lucky. A little percentage tho. You may just be one of them. Pray hard and grab a post degree and masters while you are at it
Re: Can A 3rd Class Work In A Bank by afolayangs(m): 12:19pm On Jul 09, 2007
yes it's possible co i work in a bank and a gal that have a 3rd in geography works there too

(1) (Reply)

Kimberly Ryan Is Recruiting For Shell / Who Knows BGL Ltd.....are They Real? / Oil And Gas Technical Trainee, Dragnet Is Calling!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.