Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,653 members, 7,827,410 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:35 AM

Can We Find 1000 True Christians In Nigeria? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can We Find 1000 True Christians In Nigeria? (805 Views)

Kenyan Muslims Shield And Protect Christians In Mandera Bus Attack / Christians In Jerusalem Want Jews To Stop Spitting On Them / How Can You Identify True Christians? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can We Find 1000 True Christians In Nigeria? by Orikinla(m): 11:48pm On Apr 09, 2011
There are millions of church goers who confess and profess to be "Christians", but do they practice true Christianity? Jesus Christ our Shepherd, Lord and Messiah said that by their fruits you shall know them. The truth is, I do not see much difference between the church goers and the pagans in Nigeria. In fact, the pagans fear their juju more than the church goers fear God. The largest church in Nigeria is the Church of Hypocrisy. Majority of the church goers are hypocrites who are fellowshipping and worshipping in conceit and deceit, the Nigerian fools who think they can fool God. There are more true Muslims in Nigeria than true Christians. I have  preached the Good News of Jesus Christ on public transport buses, streets and homes for over 11 years in Lagos and Bonny Island. I preached mostly to total strangers, including Muslims and pagans. The most touching was the Hausa Muslim beggars who received the Good News when I had no money to give them. I have lived and worked with both church goers and Muslims for decades in Nigeria and I can say that I can find over 100, 000 true Muslims, but I am afraid that I may never find 1000 true Christians in Nigeria. You cannot claim to be what you do not practice, except you are liar and scammer. Jesus Christ is still the same yesterday, today and forever. Read Matthew, Chapter 25.
Re: Can We Find 1000 True Christians In Nigeria? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:05am On Apr 10, 2011
The Evidence is glaring, God has saved Nations indeed the World on the graces of a single Righteous Soul, Nigeria is the 3rd largest christian population in the World today, can you honestly think you have up to 10 Righteous Christians? Look at Canaan Land and all the other gratuitous religious gatherings, don't you think God would have rescued this nation from her sinful leadership and demon-filled poverty by now? We are a sinful nation through and through,High on Religious Hypocrisy and Low on Spirit-filled Living
Re: Can We Find 1000 True Christians In Nigeria? by Jenwitemi(m): 11:16am On Apr 10, 2011
What is "true christianity", anyway? Does anybody know, to begin with? Confusion upon chaos.
Re: Can We Find 1000 True Christians In Nigeria? by Gaius67: 2:59pm On Apr 10, 2011
While I quite agree that you have a valid concern and reason, I will like to point out, that when it concerns the faith and issues of right standing with God, it is only God that can see and know the intents of the hearts of men. Every original product will definitely have a fake that will try to mimic the original. Elijah thought he was the only one who was right standing in the land of Israel when he challenged the prophets of baal to a duel because nobody else stood with him but God gave him a shocker of his life when he was informed that there were 7000 men in Israel who were in faith.
I used to worry so much about this church thing too, but I later learned that it was my own call and responsibility to try to live out what a true christian should be, and so I worried less. The gates of a church are open and it admits all manner of people in - some are improving, others have improved; some are hardened and wont change but yet wont stop going in. So it is a mixed multitude within the church walls - it is what we do outside of church that tells what we really carry and who we are.

Just my honest opinion - cheers.
Re: Can We Find 1000 True Christians In Nigeria? by Amujale(m): 3:05pm On Apr 10, 2011
Can we find 10000+ righteous Nigerians? YES!
Re: Can We Find 1000 True Christians In Nigeria? by dare2think: 4:30pm On Apr 10, 2011
Amujale:

Can we find  10000+ righteous Nigerians? YES!

Since you are in the Uk why don't we try  an experiment? Get £20000 and send it to 10 out of that "10000+ righteous Nigerians" to start a business on your behalf, And lets see how many would be sincere to you, sorry to be pessimistic, but it's the reality.

pls can you do this?
Re: Can We Find 1000 True Christians In Nigeria? by Amujale(m): 6:14pm On Apr 10, 2011
@ dare2think: i hardly think that those that fall into this category have a label stucked to their foreheads for one to pinpoint in the first place. Even if they do, theyre the ones that would probably tell u to take back your money thankyou very much.
Re: Can We Find 1000 True Christians In Nigeria? by dare2think: 6:25pm On Apr 10, 2011
True.

I agree that there are honest ppl in Nigeria. The least obvious ones. But religion is not a prerequisite for Honesty.

But then how do we Righteous ppl in Nigeria? We don't live with them, we don't know what they all do in the corner.

Fact is nobody knows the amount of "righteous" ppl, There could be all, there could be none.
Re: Can We Find 1000 True Christians In Nigeria? by Amujale(m): 6:40pm On Apr 10, 2011
Every action has an almost equal and opposite reaction
Re: Can We Find 1000 True Christians In Nigeria? by Joagbaje(m): 6:56pm On Apr 10, 2011
There are millions of righteous men in Nigeria .
Re: Can We Find 1000 True Christians In Nigeria? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:12am On Apr 11, 2011
Joagbaje:

You think so?

Proverbs 14:34 Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin is a reproach to any people

or an even better version
By righteousness a nation is lifted up, but sin is a cause of shame to the peoples.

Can you honestly (confidently) beat your chest and say there are millions of "Righteous" Nigerians, our shame is beyond Spiritual Stagnancy, it has become a curse that must be broken otherwise we are like homes with White-washed walls but the rot inside will cause a corpse to wake up and run in disgust
Re: Can We Find 1000 True Christians In Nigeria? by petres007(m): 4:56pm On Apr 11, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

The Evidence is glaring, God has saved Nations indeed the World on the graces of a single Righteous Soul, Nigeria is the 3rd largest christian population in the World today, can you honestly think you have up to 10 Righteous Christians? Look at Canaan Land and all the other gratuitous religious gatherings, don't you think God would have rescued this nation from her sinful leadership and demon-filled poverty by now? We are a sinful nation through and through,High on Religious Hypocrisy and Low on Spirit-filled Living

Excellent post, @largerwhenindoubt

Joagbaje:

Calling the things that be not as though they were at every given opportunity  grin
Re: Can We Find 1000 True Christians In Nigeria? by Joagbaje(m): 4:16am On Apr 13, 2011
If a man is born of God , he receives the nature of righteousness as a gift. Every christian has righteousness.They are as righteous as christ in the sight of God.
Re: Can We Find 1000 True Christians In Nigeria? by EarsWide(m): 8:22am On Apr 13, 2011
@Joagbaje

can you please show us the proof you raised someone from the dead like you claimed ?
Re: Can We Find 1000 True Christians In Nigeria? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:00am On Apr 13, 2011
Good Morning Honorable Panel of Judges on my right and left, fellow co-debaters  grin and the members of the audience. (takes a bow) I am here to propose the motion that Righteousness as a Gift is not a True determinant of Man's Righteousness before God. Let me start by speaking on the comment made by my co-debater.

Joagbaje:

If a man is born of God , he receives the nature of righteousness as a gift. Every christian has righteousness.They are as righteous as Christ  in the sight of God.

Righteousness as a Gift is the first Step of Faith but to complete the journey you must manifest Righteousness, you cannot gloss over a subject like righteousness with one carte-blanche position as you have just done.  wink

Righteousness by Faith– Romans 10:10 ‘It is this belief in your heart that makes you righteous, but it’s your mouth, when it confesses this, that brings salvation.’

Righteousness beyond Faith - James 2: 24, ‘A man is called righteous by the things he does, not just by his faith.’

Signs of Righteousness  – Matthew 5:6, ‘Those who hunger and thirst for righteousness are blessed because they will be satisfied.’

Righteousness with Pride (this is the righteousness of most Nigerian MOG) – Matthew 6:1 ‘Be careful not to do righteous things in front of men so they can see what you are doing. Otherwise, you won’t have a reward with your Father in heaven.’

Righteousness for God’s Kingdom – Matthew 6:33, put the Kingdom and righteousness in first place, then all these  things will be given to you.’

Righteousness by Works – Matthew 11:19, ‘Wisdom is proven righteous by the things it does.’

Righteousness by Words – Romans 3:4, ‘Your words can prove you righteous, and you can win when you’re being judged.’

Righteousness by deeds – Matthew 25:37-40, ‘Then the righteous will ask, Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you as a stranger and take you in, or unclothed and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison, and come to you? And the king will say to them, I tell you the truth, when you did it for one of the least of these my brothers, you did it for me.’

Righteous and Tolerance – James 3:18, ‘The seeds of the fruit of righteousness are planted in peace by those who are making peace.’

Righteousness by Judgment – John 7:24, ‘Quit judging from the way things look on the surface; judge righteously!’

Righteousness in the face of Persecution – Acts 4:19, 20, ‘If it’s righteous in God’s eyes to listen to you instead of to God, judge for yourselves. But we can’t stop talking about the things we’ve seen and heard.’

I hope i have been able to convince and not confuse you on the motion that Righteousness as a Gift is not a True determinant of Man's Righteousness before God.
Thank you (takes a bow)
Re: Can We Find 1000 True Christians In Nigeria? by namfav(m): 9:26am On Apr 13, 2011
you won't find more than 20 period, they don't know what it is to follow god but they are quick to judge any muslim who follows god, even the s!uts wake up every sunday morning to go to church
Re: Can We Find 1000 True Christians In Nigeria? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 8:23pm On Apr 13, 2011
EarsWide:

@Joagbaje

can you please show us the proof you raised someone from the dead like you claimed ?

I have called the number of the guy who witnessed this first-hand several times today,apparently a lot of nairalanders have grin the guy don tire to explain. phone is switched off
Re: Can We Find 1000 True Christians In Nigeria? by Joagbaje(m): 9:59pm On Apr 13, 2011
Pls call am again o. The greatest proof of a miracle is the person that experience it.
Re: Can We Find 1000 True Christians In Nigeria? by Joagbaje(m): 10:09pm On Apr 13, 2011
Well concerning righteousness. I understand your point. But the Op didn't emphasise that. So you can't conclude for him. My point is that many don't understand righteousness. There are righteous deeds which are products of the nature of righteousness. But its not the righteius deeds that make a man righteous in the new testament. It is the testimony of the blood of jesus. I don't justify a christian doing wicked works. But our righteousness is by faith. The right living are fruits. Do we mean Christians are not right before God?
Re: Can We Find 1000 True Christians In Nigeria? by yommyuk: 5:28am On Apr 14, 2011
Joagbaje:

Well concerning righteousness. I understand your point. But the Op didn't emphasise that. So you can't conclude for him. My point is that many don't understand righteousness. There are righteous deeds which are products of the nature of righteousness. But its not the righteius deeds that make a man righteous in the new testament. It is the testimony of the blood of jesus. I don't justify a christian doing wicked works. But our righteousness is by faith. The right living are fruits. Do we mean Christians are not right before God?

There is a connection between 'Right Living' and 'Faith'. Righteous living equates good works. Jesus did not teach salvation by works, but he taught us the neccessity of an internal reorientation towards God by the act of God's grace which results in a life of obedience. Goods works are a natural consequence of a relationship with Jesus Christ.

Jesus promises that those who live in accord with God's will shall be blessed and rewarded -

It is the testimony of the blood of jesus

Matthew 7:21
Not everyone who calls out to me ,' Lord! Lord! will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in Heaven will enter.

There is a case for righteous living which must not be ignored. A faith relationship with God cannot be based merely on believing in Christ alone.

James 2:14, 19
What good is it, dear brothers and sisters, if you say you have faith but don't show it by your actions?

You say you have faith, for you believe that there is one God. Good for you! Even the demons believe this, and they tremble in terror. How foolsih! Can't you see that faith without good deeds
(righteous living) is USELESS

There is this misapplication about faith and righteous living in the body of Christ that needs to be addressed.  sad

(1) (Reply)

Are You In Your Religion From Birth Or By Convert? / The God Question / End Time 2012!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.