Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,963 members, 7,817,837 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

The Spirit–controlled Walk - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Spirit–controlled Walk (590 Views)

Woman Delivered From The 'spirit Of Madness' At Lagos Church (Photos) / Synagogue Building Felled By Controlled Demolition -police / Synagogue Building Collapse Was Controlled Demolition – Emmanuel Tv (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Spirit–controlled Walk by yommyuk: 10:26am On Apr 10, 2011
Most people want a life that is meaningful and fulfilling. We want to be free from conflicts and stress. Even more so we want to be less frustrated in our walk with the Lord. Immature believers are filled with turmoil and spiritual stress and struggle.

Romans chapter 7 teaches us if we try to live the Christian life in human effort we will fail miserably. We can even experience condemnation, hopelessness, entrapment, burn out and exhaustion. Romans chapter 8 tells us how to move beyond that to a growing mature walk in the Spirit.

Do you want to be victorious? READ cool

Romans 8:5

Those who are dominated by the sinful nature think about sinful things, but those who are controlled by the Holy Spirit think about things that please the spirit.

The above quote describes the general nature of a person’s will, not just the mental process of thought. Are you selfish, trying to impress others hence putting underserved pressure on yourself? Do you look out only for your own interest? Are you honest in your evaluation of yourself, measuring yourself by the faith God has given you? Is your mind set on power, position, prestige, passion, and possessions? Is your service to God self- seeking? What do you choose to let your mind dwell upon? Your answers to these questions are a good measure regarding whether you are working in the flesh or spirit. Judge yourself.

Proverbs 23:7
"For as he thinks within himself, so he is"

Our actions and behaviours are determined by our mindset, and our outlook on life. What we choose to dwell on determines how we behave. What we set our minds on will ultimately determine how we spend our time, money and energy. It is what we set our minds on that determines how we live the Christian life. A mind under the control of the Holy Spirit will produce the fruit of the Spirit. A mind set on the flesh will produce carnal behaviour. No matter how hard we try to please God while we are acting in the flesh we cannot. When our minds are controlled by the flesh we cannot please God. It is impossible.

The problem for the believer has always been how to be in the world and not buy into its philosophy of life. Far too often we try to compromise with the world; we want to be socially accepted. We look at appearance, performance and status to find fulfilment. The world's system and philosophy has always been in total enmity with God. How tragic when Christians don't realize that and try to copycat the world's system.

Romans 8:6
So letting your sinful nature control your mind leads to death. But letting the Spirit control your mind leads to life and peace.

I am not talking only about peace of mind but having peace with God. When we let the Spirit control our life that is when we are made right in God sight by faith which leads to having peace with God. Hostility with God becomes a thing of the past. We position ourselves to receive the blessing and salvation that God has promised us. Amen.

How do we overcome the flesh by allowing the Spirit to take control of our lives?

We must become born-again.

This spiritual re birth allows the Holy Spirit to dwell in us (GOD IN US).  The Holy Spirit directs the lives of a believer. The Holy Spirit does not take away human initiative or make it impossible to sin. However, as the most powerful force in believers live, the Spirit makes it possible for us to resist the continuing power to sin. – Amen.

Believers live very close to God and in His constant presence. He is not an occasional visitor. The Holy Spirit has taken up residence within us. He is a permanent dweller. The Spirit of God has come to live in believers. This is our strength. It is our life

We do not owe the flesh anything. The only payday sin has is death. Therefore now that we have the power of the Spirit residing in us, we have the ability to put to death the deeds of the sinful nature.

Recognise the fruits of the flesh. What are they?

Galatians 5:19-21
When you follow the desires of your sinful nature, the results are very clear; sexual immorality, impurity, lustful pleasures, idolatry, sorcery, hostility, quarrelling, jealousy, outburst of anger, selfish ambition, dissension, division, envy, drunkenness, wild parties, and other sins like these. Let me tell you again, as I have before, that anyone living that sort of life will not inherit the Kingdom of God.

Become eternally secure in Jesus Christ.

We are in Christ by faith; it is the Lord who keeps us secure forever. When you have this knowledge and become fully convinced, like Apostle Paul you will declare “ And I am convinced that nothing can EVER separate us from the God’s love. Neither death or life, neither angels nor demons, neither fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow, not even the power of hell can separate us from God’s love. No power in the sky above or in the earth below- indeed, NOTHING IN ALL CREATION (hmmm) will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord – Hallelujah and Amen to that

CONCLUSION

Do you wake up every morning and say to yourself, "I am a child of God. I have been forgiven of my sins. I am accepted in God's family. He has marked me out as His own. He has put His Spirit within me, releasing to me the full–life of the Lord Jesus Christ. Every power that Jesus Himself had to perform His life upon earth, I have in Him. I am equipped to handle whatever comes today. I can take whatever life throws at me because I have Him and all the fullness of His life." This is where the believer finds his identity, security, significance and sufficiency. It comes from Christ dwelling within us by His Holy Spirit. The world system will leave you high and dry every time. Only Christ satisfies.
Is your mind set on the flesh, or the Spirit? One way you will know for sure is by examining the fruit of your mind set. If your mind is set on the flesh you will reap the works of the flesh. If you are focusing on the Spirit–controlled mind set you will produce the fruit of the Spirit. It is my prayer that you will find the great joy of walking in the Holy Spirit today.

God bless wink

(1) (Reply)

The Source Of True Prosperity / Muslims Are Not Your Enemy. / Distant 'waterworld' Is Confirmed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.