Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,129 members, 7,863,935 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 09:15 AM

Nigerians I’m Perplexed Why This Singer Is Not More Famous - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nigerians I’m Perplexed Why This Singer Is Not More Famous (4140 Views)

"That Man Must Answer This": Singer Omawunmi Reacts To Timi Dakolo’ Wife’s Rape / Rock This Singer Cassie's Outfit! Don't Waste Your Cute Flat Belle / This Singer Said He Taught Michael Jackson The Moonwalk... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians I’m Perplexed Why This Singer Is Not More Famous by Zooposki(f): 4:38pm On Feb 25, 2021
He is a Nigerian and his name is Johnny Drille. His voice and music is heavenly. Just check out his beautiful songs. Why is he not more famous?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZFKra1IXvs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKyY64-KSpk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eN6JVKmMUhw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ab9dtAuosMw
Re: Nigerians I’m Perplexed Why This Singer Is Not More Famous by KEVIND: 5:13pm On Feb 25, 2021
Hmmmm Johnny Drille, one of the very best.
Nigerians don't fancy his kind of music because there is no Nudity, Ukwu, Sex,drugs in his music.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians I’m Perplexed Why This Singer Is Not More Famous by Nobody: 5:21pm On Feb 25, 2021
There is nothing fair or just about life. That's why very brilliant people graduate from school with high grades and competent brains but they struggle endlessly for years while nincompoops find themselves in great jobs and great wealth.

That's why a brain-dead creature like Buhari can be president in a country like Nigeria with millions of better qualified, more competent and of course more intelligent people.

That's why fine girl with good character and good home training will clock 35 in her father's house without husband, while retired and serving oloshos bag high quality simps Saturday after Saturday.

That's why Naira Marley and Zlatan are far more successful and acclaimed than Johnny Drille or Adekunle Gold.

Na so e be.

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerians I’m Perplexed Why This Singer Is Not More Famous by Nobody: 5:22pm On Feb 25, 2021
Zooposki:
He is a Nigerian and his name is Johnny Drille. His voice and music is heavenly. Just check out his beautiful songs. Why is he not more famous?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZFKra1IXvs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKyY64-KSpk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eN6JVKmMUhw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ab9dtAuosMw
people wey sabi am sabi am o.

Please make nobody sha start to dey complain about how Nigerians love rubbish songs o grin

Even for Cameroon, dem no sabi Johnny drille, but dem dey dance to the songs of Naira marley grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerians I’m Perplexed Why This Singer Is Not More Famous by chiiraq802(m): 5:52pm On Feb 25, 2021
We Nigerians like Noise.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians I’m Perplexed Why This Singer Is Not More Famous by PrinceOfLagos: 5:54pm On Feb 25, 2021
Music is not his calling t
Re: Nigerians I’m Perplexed Why This Singer Is Not More Famous by etrange: 5:58pm On Feb 25, 2021
People like what they like. Those who like him like him.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians I’m Perplexed Why This Singer Is Not More Famous by LoudLord(m): 6:41pm On Feb 25, 2021
Jonny Drille dey try but Nigerians love noise

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians I’m Perplexed Why This Singer Is Not More Famous by tit(f): 7:06pm On Feb 25, 2021
Good voice and good vibes, but in the market, dance music and religious music sell.
This is for a nonexistent love market.
Mature men don't take their wives out dancing.
They prefer to club with oloshos that will twerk on them.
Even at private parties, people prefer to dance to fast music. Most couples fight too much to pretend to dance blues or midtempo

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians I’m Perplexed Why This Singer Is Not More Famous by egopersonified(f): 8:29pm On Feb 25, 2021
E no get better manager, marketer and hype man. As no best writing author but best selling author, same way no best singing musician but best selling musician. Eg. frog voice

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians I’m Perplexed Why This Singer Is Not More Famous by wisz1(m): 9:47pm On Feb 25, 2021
Hedonini:
There is nothing fair or just about life. That's why very brilliant people graduate from school with high grades and competent brains but they struggle endlessly for years while nincompoops find themselves in great jobs and great wealth.

That's why a brain-dead creature like Buhari can be president in a country like Nigeria with millions of better qualified, more competent and of course more intelligent people.

That's why fine girl with good character and good home training will clock 35 in her father's house without husband, while retired and serving oloshos bag high quality simps Saturday after Saturday.

That's why Naira Marley and Zlatan are far more successful and acclaimed than Johnny Drille or Adekunle Gold.

Na so e be.

alaye ,u just talk am as he be.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians I’m Perplexed Why This Singer Is Not More Famous by wisz1(m): 9:50pm On Feb 25, 2021
LoudLord:
Jonny Drille dey try but Nigerians love noise
We promote nonsense here in Africa. The same way this would have made FP if it was about snake .

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians I’m Perplexed Why This Singer Is Not More Famous by Ebpumping: 9:55pm On Feb 25, 2021
You need listen to mystrey girl by Johnny drille he is so talented.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians I’m Perplexed Why This Singer Is Not More Famous by Kennyking1234: 11:14pm On Feb 25, 2021
Chike is similar and doing well, may be branding and publicity...

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians I’m Perplexed Why This Singer Is Not More Famous by padi94(m): 1:51am On Feb 26, 2021
Who told you he is not famous

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians I’m Perplexed Why This Singer Is Not More Famous by Pmedia7787: 4:55am On Feb 26, 2021
I didn't know a Nigerian can sing ,with this level of simplify without pangolo sounds

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians I’m Perplexed Why This Singer Is Not More Famous by rex444(m): 5:17am On Feb 26, 2021
Even Chike self
Re: Nigerians I’m Perplexed Why This Singer Is Not More Famous by GamalNasser: 6:00am On Feb 26, 2021
He is in the wrong market ..you have to know and understand the NIGERIAn market ..to succeed you need to study Felas content

1 Like

Re: Nigerians I’m Perplexed Why This Singer Is Not More Famous by Nobody: 7:32am On Feb 26, 2021
GamalNasser:
He is in the wrong market ..you have to know and understand the NIGERIAn market ..to succeed you need to study Felas content
What are you even saying?
Re: Nigerians I’m Perplexed Why This Singer Is Not More Famous by GamalNasser: 7:40am On Feb 26, 2021
SegFault:

What are you even saying?

It's not for u
Re: Nigerians I’m Perplexed Why This Singer Is Not More Famous by Bbass1990(m): 8:03am On Feb 26, 2021
your life style goes a long way in determining the kind of songs that appeal's to you.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians I’m Perplexed Why This Singer Is Not More Famous by Nobody: 8:19am On Feb 26, 2021
it's it's the same thing everywhere no be how adekunle start as him see say him no blow him come change to nonsense. Mainstream music is terrible man

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians I’m Perplexed Why This Singer Is Not More Famous by femi4: 8:41am On Feb 26, 2021
He doesn't have naija sounds even ladipoe has to tweak his sound with naija flava

1 Like

Re: Nigerians I’m Perplexed Why This Singer Is Not More Famous by Solosolojohquay: 9:34am On Feb 26, 2021
I played all the song thinking at least I will have heard one of them but alas nothing I don't know the guy I don't know his music is he based in Nigeria or is he old school
Re: Nigerians I’m Perplexed Why This Singer Is Not More Famous by sageb: 11:02am On Feb 26, 2021
A talented singer but in Nigeria, He is under rated. "If she loves me, hallelujah" a good track.
Re: Nigerians I’m Perplexed Why This Singer Is Not More Famous by Nobody: 11:13am On Feb 26, 2021
Because Nigerians prefer dance-y, headache-inducing music.
Re: Nigerians I’m Perplexed Why This Singer Is Not More Famous by blazepascal(m): 11:25am On Feb 26, 2021
wisz1:

We promote nonsense here in Africa. The same way this would have made FP if it was about snake .
I swear
Re: Nigerians I’m Perplexed Why This Singer Is Not More Famous by blazepascal(m): 11:29am On Feb 26, 2021
the guy is famous but most of us like songs that talks about sex ,butt and drugs and again you have to belong yo a secret cult if you want to go far in music
Re: Nigerians I’m Perplexed Why This Singer Is Not More Famous by philfearon(m): 12:15pm On Feb 26, 2021
KEVIND:
Hmmmm Johnny Drille, one of the very best.
Nigerians don't fancy his kind of music because there is no Nudity, Ukwu, Sex,drugs in his music.

I think it's mostly because his A&R team have not packaged him for the right audience.

Obviously, his type of music is not mainstream, but that does not make his genre unpopular.
Re: Nigerians I’m Perplexed Why This Singer Is Not More Famous by ElValiente(m): 12:22pm On Feb 26, 2021
Omg this guy is good. Never heard of him. I'm getting all this Album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qx5w_vx6V0k

My kind of music.
Re: Nigerians I’m Perplexed Why This Singer Is Not More Famous by LoveFayfay(f): 2:58pm On Feb 26, 2021
I so much love him.
He is and will always be my celebrity crush. Wish to meet him one day. Really really wish....

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jaden Smith New Look Raise Dust - He's On Colos / Osama Bin Laden Wanted To Marry Whitney Houston / Wizkid Turns 23; Flaunts Expensive Wristwatches (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.