Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,594 members, 7,809,155 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:43 AM

Your Responsibility In Discipleship – Pastor Chris - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Your Responsibility In Discipleship – Pastor Chris (3784 Views)

"MEND" Claims Responsibility For The SCOAN Disaster??? / TRUE LOVE , Proof Of Discipleship (john 13:34, 35) / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Your Responsibility In Discipleship – Pastor Chris by Joagbaje(m): 8:31pm On Apr 10, 2011
Matthew 28:19 MSG
Go out and train everyone you meet, far and near, in this way of life, marking them by baptism in the threefold name: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit

Our opening verse above underscored your responsibility in discipleship; you’re to teach and train those in your world in the way of life – the God-life. So, when Jesus said in Matthew 28:19 “Go ye therefore, and teach all nations…” as rendered in the King James Version, He called attention to your responsibility in discipleship; your calling to teach and train others, and show them how to live.

Every child of God has a responsibility to disciple someone else. Lets again observe the words of Jesus in Matthew 28:19, this time, reading into the twentieth verse: “Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and , lo. I am with you always, even unto the end of the world.” Notice that He says, “Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you…” That’s means whatever Jesus has commanded us, we’re to tell others to do the same, and teach them how to do it.

This is why each one of us must disciple others. To disciple means to teach or to train. It also means to convert to doctrines or principles. It describes an endeavour where you go beyond yourself to guide a young uncommitted believer into a committed and growing Christian life. It involves you taking interest in someone who hasn’t known much about Jesus, though he may have given his heart to Christ for salvation. You can help that one through follow up and intercession to stand firm in the faith. You can disciple him or her to become committed in going to Church; you can help that one find his way.

You may say, “But I’m still a new Christian. I only gave my life to Christ last year; what can I possibly teach someone else?” Well, you don’t have to wait till you’ve been in Christ ten years to disciple someone else. Once you understand that Jesus Christ is the Lord of your life, and you’ve made the declaration of His Lordship and a commitment to him, you become responsible for someone else who hasn’t known that much.

Take up that responsible position of leadership today, for that’s who you are – a leader and a responsible Christian, trusted by God to train, mentor, and nurture someone else to stand strong in the Lord. What a great responsibility!

Prayer
Dear Father, thank you for entrusting me with the great responsibility of training and mentoring others to be committed to the things of the Spirit. I declare that I have the divine wisdom and power of the Spirit to guide these ones aright in the way of the Lord, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
1 Timothy 4:12
Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.

Romans 15:1-3
We then that are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak, and not to please ourselves. Let every one of us please his neighbour for his good to edification. For even Christ pleased not himself; but, as it is written, The reproaches of them that reproached thee fell on me.

(1) (Reply)

''thou Shalt Not Make Unto Thee Any Graven Image'' And The Church / Question For Gatiano? / 1500 Year Old Bible Confirms That "Jesus Christ" Was Not Crucified

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.