Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,780 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

Do I Have To Pay Custom's Fee For My Aliexpress Package? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Do I Have To Pay Custom's Fee For My Aliexpress Package? (325 Views)

Does Made In Nigeria Vehicles Pay Custom Duty. / Do I Have To Pay Custom's Fee For My Aliexpress Package? / Access Bank Charges N284 For SMS Alert Fee For 1 Month!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do I Have To Pay Custom's Fee For My Aliexpress Package? by franugo(m): 2:12pm On Feb 27, 2021
Hello.
I ordered a mixing machine on aliexpress. See attached picture.

The package has obviously arrived because I was called and told that I need to pay some money, over 16,000 for some custom fee...I think.

Now my question is, how legit is this payment? Because I have ordered several things from Aliexpress, nothing as big as this though and I haven't paid anything above #200 when getting it.

I chatted the seller and he stated dt I am the first Nigerian saying anything about additional charges.

This situation over me cry

Now if the charges are legit, how is it calculated?

Re: Do I Have To Pay Custom's Fee For My Aliexpress Package? by warrenweste(m): 2:20pm On Feb 27, 2021
Negotiate the payment and beg them they will reduce it for you.. You can beat it down to 8000
Re: Do I Have To Pay Custom's Fee For My Aliexpress Package? by franugo(m): 2:34pm On Feb 27, 2021
warrenweste:
Negotiate the payment and beg them they will reduce it for you.. You can beat it down to 8000

but i was informed that there's an invoice for the payment, is it that the invoice na scam?
Re: Do I Have To Pay Custom's Fee For My Aliexpress Package? by Izzuchukwu: 3:37pm On Feb 27, 2021
This one weak me oh. 16 what?? What's the point buying from Ali then? I always drag that #200 with the Nipost delivery man each time he brings my item. I've even threatened to go Nipost office cos I need confirm that the #200 I pay for each item he delivered is legit. But this your 16k eh. I never hear this one before oh. Wahala really be like Keke.[img][/img]
Re: Do I Have To Pay Custom's Fee For My Aliexpress Package? by franugo(m): 5:27pm On Mar 02, 2021
Izzuchukwu:
This one weak me oh. 16 what?? What's the point buying from Ali then? I always drag that #200 with the Nipost delivery man each time he brings my item. I've even threatened to go Nipost office cos I need confirm that the #200 I pay for each item he delivered is legit. But this your 16k eh. I never hear this one before oh. Wahala really be like Keke.[img][/img]

My thoughts exactly. Imagine dodging high costs in naija only to be charged more than i'd have paid locally. It's outrageous

(1) (Reply)

Ecobank Jega Branch Fire Incident / Friday Motivation. / I Made A Caravan Want To Sell It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.