Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,823 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

Do You Think There Is A Future For Pitman's Shorthand? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Do You Think There Is A Future For Pitman's Shorthand? (632 Views)

SHORTHAND: Did You Learn This In School? / Please Help... Shorthand Homework / Pidgin, Shorthand, Causes Of Mass Failure In English — WAEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Think There Is A Future For Pitman's Shorthand? by Draslo(m): 9:34pm On Feb 27, 2021
I think this form of writing has become impractical. Is there anyone here who was in the secondary school between 1990 and 2010 ever used shorthand outside your Business Studies class?

Has shorthand ever put food on your table?

Re: Do You Think There Is A Future For Pitman's Shorthand? by Crimrburster: 9:42pm On Feb 27, 2021
This is too stressful.
Re: Do You Think There Is A Future For Pitman's Shorthand? by Nbotee(m): 9:48pm On Feb 27, 2021
One of the numerous things we wasted previous time on while the rest of the world left us behind.. So many useless subjects and courses

4 Likes

Re: Do You Think There Is A Future For Pitman's Shorthand? by obiekunie2: 10:00pm On Feb 27, 2021
who still does that when u can use ur phone for live recording.

shorthand is one of those ancient stressful things rendered obsolete by modern tech.
Re: Do You Think There Is A Future For Pitman's Shorthand? by Draslo(m): 12:36am On Feb 28, 2021
obiekunie2:
who still does that when u can use ur phone for live recording.

shorthand is one of those ancient stressful things rendered obsolete by modern tech.
I completely agree. I'm not 100% sure but I guess our useless education boards have not removed it from the syllabus. When kids in high school are already learning robotics in advanced countries, we're here moving in reverse.
Re: Do You Think There Is A Future For Pitman's Shorthand? by Nobody: 12:42am On Feb 28, 2021
This thing stress the life out of me...
2005-2007
Re: Do You Think There Is A Future For Pitman's Shorthand? by Pochettino(f): 8:43am On Feb 28, 2021
I used it to insult my landlord last week
Re: Do You Think There Is A Future For Pitman's Shorthand? by Draslo(m): 10:17am On Feb 28, 2021
Pochettino:
I used it to insult my landlord last week

Re: Do You Think There Is A Future For Pitman's Shorthand? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:22am On Feb 28, 2021
One of the Many Wicked Burdens of Wickedness placed on men which God did not place eg Square Root, Cube Root etc

What people do not know is that it was an attempt by men to create "language" so that they could replace and delete the Natural language created by God which they could later use it to say and prove that "There is nothing like God!"
Re: Do You Think There Is A Future For Pitman's Shorthand? by Draslo(m): 6:16pm On Feb 28, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:
One of the Many Wicked Burdens of Wickedness placed on men which God did not place eg Square Root, Cube Root etc

What people do not know is that it was an attempt by men to create "language" so that they could replace and delete the Natural language created by God which they could later use it to say and prove that "There is nothing like God!"
Take a chill pill bro. What then would you say about Arabic, the Indian Vedas, or the very many weird looking texts in the whole of Asia?
Re: Do You Think There Is A Future For Pitman's Shorthand? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:25pm On Feb 28, 2021
Draslo:

Take a chill pill bro. What then would you say about Arabic, the Indian Vedas, or the very many weird looking texts in the whole of Asia?

Like Yoruba literature must be strange to an Arabian and Vedas literature must be strange to an Igbo man, but the normalcy is that it is a Natural Language of Communication amongst a people and not a language created by men..
Re: Do You Think There Is A Future For Pitman's Shorthand? by PetersKID(m): 9:48pm On Feb 28, 2021
if you are good at Shorthand call me 08093742337
Re: Do You Think There Is A Future For Pitman's Shorthand? by Mayniaa: 1:43pm On Mar 25, 2021
Hey @Draslo
Re: Do You Think There Is A Future For Pitman's Shorthand? by Draslo(m): 1:54pm On Mar 25, 2021
Mayniaa:
Hey @Draslo
Check your email
Re: Do You Think There Is A Future For Pitman's Shorthand? by Mayniaa: 1:58pm On Mar 25, 2021
Draslo:

Check your email

Text me, can't find the mail.
Re: Do You Think There Is A Future For Pitman's Shorthand? by Draslo(m): 2:05pm On Mar 25, 2021
Mayniaa:

Text me, can't find the mail.
you're not on WhatsApp?
Re: Do You Think There Is A Future For Pitman's Shorthand? by Mayniaa: 2:09pm On Mar 25, 2021
Draslo:
you're not on WhatsApp?
Sorry, 08164290063

(1) (Reply)

ERASED / How To Check JAMB Result For 2021 / Opportunity For Nigerian Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.