Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,612 members, 7,955,250 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:37 PM

Sex Education - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Sex Education (875 Views)

HIV/AIDS And Teen Sex Education / AIDS And Teen Sex Education (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sex Education by mymine: 11:39am On Apr 11, 2011
If a child is sexual abuse at the age of 7yrs, wen she is now 23yrs is she stiil a VIRIGIN
Re: Sex Education by ayomide202(f): 1:40pm On Apr 11, 2011
mymine:

If a child is sexual abuse at the age of 7yrs, wen she is now 23yrs is she stiil a VIRIGIN
NO
Re: Sex Education by InkedNerd(f): 1:56pm On Apr 11, 2011
Yes [and no].  This is a bit tricky question. You need to keep in mind, sex and råpe are not one in the same. At 7 years old, sexually speaking you have no idea what you're doing and if someone knowingly took advantage of a 7 year old then that is wrong and is råpe. The individual didn't willingly engage in the act so that person in the emotional sense is a virgin. In the physical sense no--there was penetration but it was not willing penetration. A persons virginity is something they willingly chose to give up not something that is taken away from you. All in all, the person is still a virgin.

By the way, I'm sorry to assume that the sexual abuse you stated was råpe. Since you mentioned virginity and never specified what form of sexual abuse it was, I just assumed you were referring to råpe.
Re: Sex Education by mymine: 12:32pm On Apr 13, 2011
THANK u ma. but accordn 2 d story ther was no blood,sinces there is no lossn of virginity witout blood is she 100% VIRGIN lyk every other virgins.
pls ma is true that ther is no lossn of virginity without blood.
Re: Sex Education by InkedNerd(f): 2:07pm On Apr 13, 2011
mymine:

THANK u ma. but accordn 2 d story ther was no blood,sinces there is no lossn of virginity witout blood is she 100% VIRGIN lyk every other virgins.
pls ma is true that ther is no lossn of virginity without blood.

Blood has nothing to do with it. You don't have to bleed in order to be a virgin. When I lost my virginity, I didn't see a drop of blood. The breaking of the hymen is not an indication of ones virginity. Based on what you said in your first post, the person is a virgin regardless of whether or not there was blood loss.
Re: Sex Education by mymine: 2:38pm On Apr 13, 2011
BUT SOMBODY REPLY ME N SAY NO D PSON IS NOT .
BT DEY SAY THERE IS NO LOSSN OF VIRGINITY WITHOUT BLOOD because IS THE 1ST TYM.N IT IS BY FORCE BCOZ A WOMAN VIGINAL IS COVER WITH SOMTHING IN FORMOF RING .
BUT WILL THERE BE PAINS
Re: Sex Education by InkedNerd(f): 2:52pm On Apr 13, 2011
Blood loss is not an indication of ones virginity. It seems like you're thinking of sex and rȧpe as though they are one in the same. Someone forcing themselves on a child and a person willing having sex with another person are not the same thing. Besides, the person you mentioned is/was a child--its not like they consented to the act. Your virginity is something you choose to give to someone not something that is forcefully taken from you. Do you see where I'm going with this? Like I said before, the breaking of the hymen is not an indication of ones virginity so regardless of whether or not she bled is irrelevant.
Re: Sex Education by iice(f): 3:39am On Apr 14, 2011
Penetration and handling are different things but are still sexual abuse. If there was no penetration, she would still be a virgin.
And like Inked Nerd said, virgin doesn't always apply in the sexual sense.
Re: Sex Education by mymine: 12:27pm On Apr 14, 2011
since virginity does not repply on sexual sense, den wat is a viginity?
Re: Sex Education by justmoore: 2:26pm On Apr 25, 2011
Am sorry to say this;
the answer is NO, becaused there was once a penetration.
I must tell you this that VIRGINITY IS NOT A DIGNITY IS LACK OF OPPORTUNITY.
If you are a victim don't let it bother you because it wasn't your fault so, be proud of whom you are.

(1) (Reply)

Cure For Diabetic Type 2 / Brain-controlled Helicopter Takes Mental Concentration To New Heights / Another Unilag Student Commits Suicide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.