Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,499 members, 7,847,060 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 10:19 AM

Is Jesus An Angel? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Jesus An Angel? (330 Views)

Is Jesus An Angel According To Jehoavh Witness Organization? / Is Jesus An Angel As Claimed By Jehovah Witnesses? / Is Jesus God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Jesus An Angel? by livingchrist: 5:43pm On Mar 02, 2021
An angel is being who is a messenger or a servant of God.
There are some who assume that Jesus is an angel because Jesus was sometimes called God's servant but what does the bible teach about Angel's.

The biblical definition of angel is a spirit who is a minister of the saints.

Hebrews 1:14
Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

Simply put an angel is a servant or a minister nothing more or less.

Their position is that of a servant although their ministries may differ.

The archangel is the chief servant over the heavenly hosts and the bible he is no other than the arch angel Michael.

Putting an angel in the place of God or ascribing God's title to an angel is an abomination.

Angels do not accept worship, they are created solely to worship God and to declare his praise.

Jesus on the other hand is the only begotten son of God,
Jesus' relationship with God the father is like that
Between an only begotten and his father, it does not mean Jesus was created.

The bible tells us that Jesus is greater than The angels

The definite article 'The' simply means the totality of all the heavenly host, it means Jesus is not an angel.

Hebrews 1:4
Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

Jesus took up the form of a servant

Philippians 2:7
But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

Jesus has to make himself of no reputation, and took the form of a servant, ot didnt say the father made Jesus of no reputation or made Jesus a servant

The meaning of an angel is a servant, for Jesus to take the position of a servant ot certainly means Jesus was not a servant.

The greatest angel didnt have the authority to rebuke satan except in the name of the Lord.

Jude 1:9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.

Angels do not have the authority to rebuke satan.
But Jesus even at his lower position rebuked satan authority.

Matthew 16:23
But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

Luke 4:8
And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

Hebrews tells us God has never told any that he is God's son.

Hebrews 1:5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

This is means that that special relationship of a man and his only child does not exist between God and his angels, only between the word and the father.
Jesus bears all the authority of the father,
All powers in heaven and on earth has being Given to Jesus.

If Jesus is God why is he given something?

Jesus is given authority, kingdom, glory because Jesus took a lower position to be servant and also as a man.

Jesus will continue to function in this lower position until he conquers all things, hands over the kingdom to the father and his own humanity made subject to the father then and only then will he take up in his full postion as God.

Presently Jesus is glorified Christ, his humanity takes preeminence until he has overcome all things as the Christ.
Re: Is Jesus An Angel? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:29pm On Mar 02, 2021
The Bible didn't say directly but from all indications he is because apart from the Most High Spirit {Psalms 83:18} all other spirits beings are angels! Luke 20:36 smiley
Re: Is Jesus An Angel? by morinto: 8:58pm On Mar 02, 2021
I agree with you except the last place u said Jesus will take his full attribute after giving the church to christ. When Jesus became a flesh as man he still has the full power of a God and with the authority but still possess man weaknesses such as hunger,pain tears and emotional stuff which satan knew and try to tempt Jesus the common temptation most men will fall. After Jesus accended to heaven all his human weakness and flesh was drop. Remember the bible told us the flesh wont enter,heaven. Meaning every body must drop that flesh and is the flesh that make us human. That when a man die he not longer human. So Jesus is now God in his complete form. Because no man can enter heaven.
Re: Is Jesus An Angel? by Janosky: 9:41pm On Mar 02, 2021
The OP, Bros just dey copy somebody's write up without giving due credit to the Original Author(s).
Bros, you're guilty of plagiarism. cheesy cheesy.
Your claims are inconclusive not coherent.
Half-truths plenty inside grin grin.

Jesus Christ is angel, anyone sent by God Almighty whether a spirit or a human is a Minister/ Messenger/Angel/Servant.

The Biblical EVIDENCES plenty yakaka grin

King James Bible, Matthew 20:28
"Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many"
Re: Is Jesus An Angel? by livingchrist: 2:18am On Mar 03, 2021
morinto:
I agree with you except the last place u said Jesus will take his full attribute after giving the church to christ. When Jesus became a flesh as man he still has the full power of a God and with the authority but still possess man weaknesses such as hunger,pain tears and emotional stuff which satan knew and try to tempt Jesus the common temptation most men will fall. After Jesus accended to heaven all his human weakness and flesh was drop. Remember the bible told us the flesh wont enter,heaven. Meaning every body must drop that flesh and is the flesh that make us human. That when a man die he not longer human. So Jesus is now God in his complete form. Because no man can enter heaven.
You are mistaken, Jesus is both man and God, I didn't say Jesus dropped his divine attribute but that Jesus took a lower position.
Jesus didn't drop his flesh, when they checked his grave it was empty when Jesus resurrected he resurrected with his full body, the bible said flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, it is referring to the the natural nature of body. Jesus body was was transformed into a heavenly type but still a human body.
Jesus is the first man to resurrect from the grave and when he comes those who belong to him will be resurrected too.

God never created man to function as a Spirit unlike the Angels who are spirits. God created man to function body soul and spirit but the spirit of man to be in charge, when a man dies he cannot experience the glory, as it is supposed to be neither can he fulfill the purpose of his creation which is declare God's glory, only the living can do that.

Jesus is a both man and God in heaven that is why he is called the mediator and high priest, A spirit can never ever be an high priest, one of the problem of the levitical system was the priesthood was always interrupted by death, for Jesus to be the high priest forever he has to be a man forever.
The Lord Jesus will never shed away his humanity but rather he will make it subject to his father's divinity after he has concluded all things.
Re: Is Jesus An Angel? by livingchrist: 2:20am On Mar 03, 2021
Janosky:
The OP, Bros just dey copy somebody's write up without giving due credit to the Original Author(s).
Bros, you're guilty of plagiarism. cheesy cheesy.
Your claims are inconclusive not coherent.
Half-truths plenty inside grin grin.

Jesus Christ is angel, anyone sent by God Almighty whether a spirit or a human is a Minister/ Messenger/Angel/Servant.

The Biblical EVIDENCES plenty yakaka grin

King James Bible, Matthew 20:28
"Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many"
I didn't copy it from anywhere.
OP said Jesus made himself a servant, yes Jesus made himself a servant who was then sent by the father but before then he was not a servant but God.
Re: Is Jesus An Angel? by livingchrist: 5:02pm On Mar 08, 2021
The Lord Jesus christ remains the God-man till today, He is God and he is a man in heaven

(1) (Reply)

What Is Deliverance? / True Life Story: My Spirit Refused Water Initiation Because Of Jehovah / Dare: 5 Things You Didn’t Know About Late Pastor Adeboye’s Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.