Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,281 members, 7,826,083 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:31 AM

One Hectare of Egusi Farming, Is it Advisable to do, Opinion Urgently Needed - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / One Hectare of Egusi Farming, Is it Advisable to do, Opinion Urgently Needed (1999 Views)

How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria / Big Bag Of Egusi Of 120-130 Big Derica(mudu) For Sale At Cheapest Price! / Estimated Cost Of Farming 1 Hectare Of Cassava (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Hectare of Egusi Farming, Is it Advisable to do, Opinion Urgently Needed by mostHandsome01: 5:04pm On Mar 03, 2021
I have some hectares of farmland in Abuja, I need expert opinion on Egusi Farming. I farm other things like cucumber, maize, potatoes etc, but I have never done Egusi before.

Is it profitable ?
is it complex to farm ?

I also heard Cows do not eat the leafs, How true is this ?
Re: One Hectare of Egusi Farming, Is it Advisable to do, Opinion Urgently Needed by mostHandsome01: 5:37pm On Mar 04, 2021
°
Re: One Hectare of Egusi Farming, Is it Advisable to do, Opinion Urgently Needed by mostHandsome01: 7:20pm On Mar 29, 2021
urgent opinion needed
Re: One Hectare of Egusi Farming, Is it Advisable to do, Opinion Urgently Needed by Farmerakinloye6(m): 7:43pm On Mar 29, 2021
It number one labour lost commodity In my list cheesy cheesy grin. Don't underestimate the strength of Gray squirrel grin. I planted 3 hectares 2019 mtchew.. don't let us even go there.when you see the melon ball you be feeling like king process it and see the result . Melon ball that will fill 50kg when process will almost filled one dyna 100. I will advise you to plant maize intercrop with cassava.
Re: One Hectare of Egusi Farming, Is it Advisable to do, Opinion Urgently Needed by mostHandsome01: 12:31pm On Mar 30, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
It number one labour lost commodity In my list cheesy cheesy grin. Don't underestimate the strength of Gray squirrel grin. I planted 3 hectares 2019 mtchew.. don't let us even go there.when you see the melon ball you be feeling like king process it and see the result . Melon ball that will fill 50kg when process will almost filled one dyna 100. I will advise you to plant maize intercrop with cassava.
I appreciate this, thanks alot, been skeptical myself.
please is it true, Cows dont eat Egusi plants ?
Re: One Hectare of Egusi Farming, Is it Advisable to do, Opinion Urgently Needed by Nobody: 7:49pm On Mar 30, 2021
mostHandsome01:
I have some hectares of farmland in Abuja, I need expert opinion on Egusi Farming. I farm other things like cucumber, maize, potatoes etc, but I have never done Egusi before.

Is it profitable ?
is it complex to farm ?

mostHandsome01:

Is it profitable ?
is it complex to farm ?

mostHandsome01:

Is it profitable ?
is it complex to farm ?

How profitable were your potatoes. we are currently holding our Egusi harvest of last year, the price right now is funny but real soon the market'll be profitable
Re: One Hectare of Egusi Farming, Is it Advisable to do, Opinion Urgently Needed by Farmerakinloye6(m): 5:56am On Mar 31, 2021
mostHandsome01:

I appreciate this, thanks alot, been skeptical myself.
please is it true, Cows dont eat Egusi plants ?
yes, they don't eat it but don't believe those that says " cows don't enter melon farm" they can enter and use leg to break the ball.
Re: One Hectare of Egusi Farming, Is it Advisable to do, Opinion Urgently Needed by hardeyjohkeh: 6:12pm On Dec 27, 2021
When is the best time to plant melon and how many months does it takes to harvest
Re: One Hectare of Egusi Farming, Is it Advisable to do, Opinion Urgently Needed by hardeyjohkeh: 6:13pm On Dec 27, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
yes, they don't eat it but don't believe those that says " cows don't enter melon farm" they can enter and use leg to break the ball.

When is the best time to plant melon and how many months does it takes to harvest
Re: One Hectare of Egusi Farming, Is it Advisable to do, Opinion Urgently Needed by Phoeberesources(f): 5:56am On Dec 28, 2021
Improved dwarf hybrid dates palm(dabino) seedlings available compatible with nigerian soil and weather
call or chat us on
other improved seedlings:
noni
castor
cocoa
mango
walnut
almond
passion
moringa
soursop
coconut
cassava
aloe vera
ugu/ugwu
teak/gedu
strawberry
ogbono
pomegranate
jumbo guava
dwarf pawpaw
jumbo cashew
neem
cagbalumo
bell/nigerian apple
jackfruit/breadfruit
wambugu/imported apple
miracle/sweet berry/agbayun
dwarf tenera& super gene oilpalm
sugar apple/sweetsop/sweet apple
hybrid plantain banana& pineapple sucker
avocado, local pear/ube& hass avocado/pear
budded: sweet orange,tangerlo,grape citrus,lemon,shaddock
seeds
tomato,onion,watermelon ,cucumber,maize,pepper,ballpepper,cabbage,carrot,yam,rice,lettuce,okra,f1 pawpaw,flaxseed,sunflower,sesame,alfalfa,ewedu/jute,spinach,soko,garden egg,bean,soya bean,seedling nylon,seed tray,fertilizers,urea...
Re: One Hectare of Egusi Farming, Is it Advisable to do, Opinion Urgently Needed by Farmerakinloye6(m): 9:22am On Dec 28, 2021
hardeyjohkeh:
late August or early September in south west. 3 months.
Re: One Hectare of Egusi Farming, Is it Advisable to do, Opinion Urgently Needed by kiboes24: 5:56am On Dec 29, 2021
mostHandsome01:

Is it profitable ?
is it complex to farm ?

Profitability depends on the market. Complexity comes when it comes to harvest and collection of the melon seeds as there is need for water.
By the way I Am in need of farm land in Abuja too. Where in Abj can I have some farm land?

(1) (Reply)

My Poultry Journey (layers) / Hybrid sprouted oil palm seeds & seedlings (Tenera) at affordable price / Who Has Seen This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.