Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,101 members, 7,828,849 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

How I Effectively Resolved A Nagging Problem At Home - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How I Effectively Resolved A Nagging Problem At Home (374 Views)

How Do I Handle A Nagging, Disrespective And Poor Sex Life Wife / How Do I Keep On Pushing With Nagging Relatives? / Nigerian Lady Advises Married Men To Have Regular Sex With Wives To Stop Nagging (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How I Effectively Resolved A Nagging Problem At Home by Knetpro(m): 8:21am On Mar 06, 2021
Did I ever tell you that I am married?

Yes I am.

Wiith children.

A boy and a girl, age 2 and 4.

I look forward to getting 3 more in the nearest future.

The downside though is that I am the sole breadwinner of the family.

My wife is not working.

So...

All the homefront expenses is on my meagre salary of less than N100k/mo.

At N400 to the dollar, that is less than. $250/mo.

I recently sat down and did some calculation of my monthly expenses.

1. Baby Diaper
2. Baby Powder
3. Baby Oil
4. Sanitary Pad
5. Toothpaste
6. Toiletries
7. Body Cream
8. Bathing Soap
9. Roll-On
10. Shampoo
11. Conditioner
12. Etc

I know that some of those products lasts up to 2, 3 months or even more.

But since it is my wife that does all the shopping for the home, I simply give her N15,000 for the daily consumables every month.

But that does not include money for foodstuffs and her own pocket money which is N40,000 and N5,000 respectively.

So, the budget for the monthly expenses looked somewhat like this:

1. Daily Consumables N15,000
2. Foodstuffs N40,000
3. Wife's Pocket Money N5,000
4. Fuel for Car & Gen. N20,000
5. Rent N12,000
6. Miscellaneous N 4, 000
TOTAL EXPENSES N96,000

That expenses profile left virtually nothing remaining for savings or investment.

And that has been the pattern since the last 5 years now.

Though my wife has been complaining lately of how costly things are in the market, I simply paid deaf ears to all her complaints.

Reason being that she knew what my monthly salary was.

And we had previously sat down together to draw down the expenses the same way that I have tabulated it for you above.

To be honest with you, I was highly uncomfortable with the state of my finances.

I knew things had to change otherwise we may not be able to cope with the economic situation and our standard of living may plummet.

The possibility of even having any more children seemed highly unlikely giving the present state of things.

Bills were increasing with each passing day.

Yet income remained stagnant in the same place it had been years ago.

So, I began praying frantically for an improvement in my income level.

Then a few months ago, God answered my prayers.

Did my wife secure a job?

No.

Did I receive a raise in the office?

No.

Did I secure a higher paying job?

No.

So, what happened?

Well...

You know our God work in mysterious ways.

Though my monthly income did not receive a boost, a friend of mine named Michael presented me with an unusual opportunity.

I refer to the opportunity as unusual because I had never seen anything like it.

It involved turning my monthly expenses of N15,000 on my daily consumables into an investment.

How?

That was the question I asked him too.

"Simple", Michael patiently explained.

"You just need to switch from the store where you normally purchased your daily consumables to the one I use and you will get rewarded for the smart move. That's all."

"You know me Kome that I used to have frequent fights with my wife over lack of money. But since I discovered this wonderful scheme about 3 years ago, my financial situation has taken a turn for the better."

I could only nod my head in complete agreement.

And that is because I could see the glaring change in the lifestyle of Michael, a fellow civil servant who used to be broke all the time.

So, I immediately took Michael's advice and switched to the store he had been purchasing his daily consumables from so that I too could benefit from their regular promo, discounts, generous bonuses and commissions.

Though I still spend virtually the same amount of money on my daily consumables every month, it no longer was an expenses.

It became an investment, an asset, with the capacity to generate additional income.

At first, my wife complained about the switch.

Why would she complain?

That is what I was curious about too.

Her explanation was that the daily consumables from Michael's own store was far costlier than the ones she had been buying from the other stores.

She complained: "Just imagine buying Sanitary Pad for N1,500 instead of the regular N400 I have been buying before now. The same thing go for other products too."

But I was having none of that.

I simply told her: "Let's try it for just one month. If the products are not as good as the ones we've been using, we will simply switch back to the other stores. Sounds good?"

She had no choice but to agree.

And that's how we have been using the daily consumables from Michael's store for the past six months now without any further complain from wifey.

Now, I look forward to being able to earn additional income from my daily consumables like Michael has been doing all these years.
Re: How I Effectively Resolved A Nagging Problem At Home by doggedfighter(f): 9:07am On Mar 06, 2021
Rubbish post.

The concluding part of the story said nothing.

Poor story telling !
Re: How I Effectively Resolved A Nagging Problem At Home by LilMissFavvy(f): 9:51am On Mar 06, 2021
You said you wish to have three additional kids in future, like seriously? . Allow madam get a job or business to assist the family

(1) (Reply)

Abuse Against Men And Boys / What Really Made You Happy Or Sad Today? / Nigerian Couple Welcome Twins After 16 Years Of Waiting (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.