Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,353 members, 7,860,919 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:59 PM

Skincare Routine Thread- General Questions And Advice - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Skincare Routine Thread- General Questions And Advice (482 Views)

Having A Heart Problem At The Age Of 28.. I Need Help And Advice / 10 Ways To Get The Most Out Of Your Skincare Routine / Help And Advice Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Skincare Routine Thread- General Questions And Advice by millie0: 9:44am On Mar 06, 2021
Hello,

I decided to start this thread because I have a lot of questions about the skin and my years of researching websites has had little or no effect. So I hope that other users can offer advice and also get answers to some of there problems.

It all started with pimples which started occurring on my face about six years ago. At first they were just sparse and I didn't really bother about them. After some time it progressed and became acne which came and went frequently. That was when I decided to find a solution. I tried everything; Funbact A, Skinneal, Visita Plus etc. I also tried all those natural remedies in form of lemons, baking soda, honey etc. Nothing worked for me. I actually don't have a bad face or bad acne, it's just that my face is quite rough and there are a few cysts that are big and painful.

Along the line, I started using whitening creams (I don't even know why). Now my elbows, toes, knuckles and knees are a shade darker than my normal skin. It's not too bad but it's noticeable. So now I have two problems, darkened skin and acne. Please any help? I've tried all I can and I know we are Nigerians smiley smiley We have solution for everything.

I also recently tried using dudu osun for my face and I noticed some changes but now my skin is back to normal (Pimples undecided). I also have very oily face.

I have a lot of questions, so let me list some of them out.

-What can I do to fix my darkened knuckles, toes, elbows etc?

-What can I do about my oily face and pimples? (Working remedies from your personal experience)

-Is it advisable to apply body cream/lotion on face? If not, which moisturizers can I use?

-What type of cream is good for maintaining the skin tone of a fair skinned person?

-What type of skincare routine should I follow at night?

-Is using all these Funbact A type creams good for the face?

-Should I rub powder on my face at night?

-How do I stop my face from being too oily?

-How can I remove black/dark spots?

That's all for now, bear with me. I know they are much but I really need to understand this. I'm also willing to answer any questions.

Thank you.
Re: Skincare Routine Thread- General Questions And Advice by TheDarkGamer: 3:06pm On Mar 06, 2021
Lalasticlala mynd44 Seun Dominique

Well, If you have an oily face, the best thing to maintain and reduce the oil is hydration. Drink a lot of water because the oil on your face is caused when your body reacts to lack of water in your body and the sebum is produced on your face. It's also not advisable to use body cream on your face. Buy a face moisturizer which should be gel based.

I hope other Nairalanders would be able to reply to some of the other questions.
Re: Skincare Routine Thread- General Questions And Advice by millie0: 9:32pm On Jun 09, 2021
cool
Re: Skincare Routine Thread- General Questions And Advice by TheDarkGamer: 4:35pm On Jun 29, 2021
Re: Skincare Routine Thread- General Questions And Advice by millie0: 1:14am On Jan 02

(1) (Reply)

Trachoma: Causes, Symptoms, Stages, Treatment, And Prevention / Chinese Massage Benefits: How Tuina Massage Works / Price Of Cocodamol?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.