Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,176 members, 7,821,985 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

General Hygiene And Disease Prevention; The God Way - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / General Hygiene And Disease Prevention; The God Way (720 Views)

Speak The God Way / Are Natural Disasters God's Way Of Punishing The World For Sin? / Fasting God’s Way: See What The Bible Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

General Hygiene And Disease Prevention; The God Way by Nobody: 9:28am On Mar 07, 2021
GENERAL HYGIENE AND DISEASE PREVENTION

3 John 2; Proverbs 3:1-2,8.

Hygiene, according to the World Health Organization (WHO), refers to conditions and practices that help to maintain health and prevent the spread of diseases.

God has a good plan for your health. His desire is that his children will have healthy life. Christians should know that their health life depends upon whether you are following the principles of hygiene.

Any Christian youth who want to prosper and enjoy good health must not forget daily fundamental practices of hygiene.

THE PRINCIPLES OF BASIC HYGIENE
Proverbs 23:23,26.

God has given us wisdom and understanding through the knowledge of His word to know basic principles that will help us to live a healthy life.

Hygiene in home and everyday life settings plays an important part in preventing the spread of infectious diseases. Christians should know this principle in response to the need for effective rule of hygiene in home and everyday life settings.

The principle of basic hygiene is to identify the organisms that transmit diseases and kill them. God gives us this sound knowledge to discern the principle of eradicating the living organisms that negatively affect our life and environment.

THE PITFALL IN NEGLECT OF BASIC HYGIENE
Proverbs 1:29-32.

Some Christians today do not pay enough attention to general hygiene either for their personal, home, school or environment because they believe that once someone is saved from sin, that settles it all. But this is a great mistake.

Christians should know that our God is the God of purity, cleanliness, wholesomeness and soundness. He does not want us to be dirty. Today, there are some diseases and sicknesses common within the community you live in. These diseases would have been avoided if proper attention was taken to observe personal hygiene.

It is not uncommon to see people suffering from stomach pain, headache, neck pain, stooling, running nose, typhoid, indigestion, vomiting, dizziness, malaria, fever, coughing, and even high blood pressure.

Below are some poor habits and their resultant effects:
I. Eating exposed food which can cause vomiting and stooling.
II. Living and staying around smokers which lead to respiratory disorder.
III. Drinking unclean water can cause typhoid.
IV. Staying in mosquito infested area can cause malaria.
V. Eating undone or poisoned food can cause stomach pain.
VI. Overworking without adequate rest can cause you headache and dizziness.
VII. Under eating, that is not eating properly can cause low immunity.

Christians are suffering from illness or diseases as a result of their failure or neglect to practice basic hygiene that will promote healthy life in their bodies.

THE PROFITS OF PERSONAL HYGIENE
3 John 2; Deuteronomy 23:10-12.

Deuteronomy 28:1 says "And it shall come to pass, if thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of the Lord thy God, to observe and to do all his commandments which I command thee this day, that the Lord thy God will set thee on high above all nations of the earth".

There are lots of benefits we stand to enjoy as we observe good hygiene. These include the following.

I. We will not be living a sickly life.
II. We will be healthy enough to attend to our respective duties.
III. We will have enough to spend on our development instead of spending on drugs.
IV. We will be able to convince others about divine health.
V. We will be able to do other physical work to the glory of God.
VI. Our lives will be a praise unto the Lord.
Re: General Hygiene And Disease Prevention; The God Way by Kobojunkie: 9:39am On Mar 07, 2021
klap4gbens:
GENERAL HYGIENE AND DISEASE PREVENTION

3 John 2; Proverbs 3:1-2,8.

Hygiene, according to the World Health Organization (WHO), refers to conditions and practices that help to maintain health and prevent the spread of diseases.

God has a good plan for your health. His desire is that his children will have healthy life. Christians should know that their health life depends upon whether you are following the principles of hygiene.

Any Christian youth who want to prosper and enjoy good health must not forget daily fundamental practices of hygiene.

THE PRINCIPLES OF BASIC HYGIENE
Proverbs 23:23,26.

God has given us wisdom and understanding through the knowledge of His word to know basic principles that will help us to live a healthy life.

Hygiene in home and everyday life settings plays an important part in preventing the spread of infectious diseases. Christians should know this principle in response to the need for effective rule of hygiene in home and everyday life settings.

The principle of basic hygiene is to identify the organisms that transmit diseases and kill them. God gives us this sound knowledge to discern the principle of eradicating the living organisms that negatively affect our life and environment.

THE PITFALL IN NEGLECT OF BASIC HYGIENE
Proverbs 1:29-32.

Some Christians today do not pay enough attention to general hygiene either for their personal, home, school or environment because they believe that once someone is saved from sin, that settles it all. But this is a great mistake.

Christians should know that our God is the God of purity, cleanliness, wholesomeness and soundness. He does not want us to be dirty. Today, there are some diseases and sicknesses common within the community you live in. These diseases would have been avoided if proper attention was taken to observe personal hygiene.

It is not uncommon to see people suffering from stomach pain, headache, neck pain, stooling, running nose, typhoid, indigestion, vomiting, dizziness, malaria, fever, coughing, and even high blood pressure.

Below are some poor habits and their resultant effects:
I. Eating exposed food which can cause vomiting and stooling.
II. Living and staying around smokers which lead to respiratory disorder.
III. Drinking unclean water can cause typhoid.
IV. Staying in mosquito infested area can cause malaria.
V. Eating undone or poisoned food can cause stomach pain.
VI. Overworking without adequate rest can cause you headache and dizziness.
VII. Under eating, that is not eating properly can cause low immunity.

Christians are suffering from illness or diseases as a result of their failure or neglect to practice basic hygiene that will promote healthy life in their bodies.

THE PROFITS OF PERSONAL HYGIENE
3 John 2; Deuteronomy 23:10-12.

Deuteronomy 28:1 says "And it shall come to pass, if thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of the Lord thy God, to observe and to do all his commandments which I command thee this day, that the Lord thy God will set thee on high above all nations of the earth".

There are lots of benefits we stand to enjoy as we observe good hygiene. These include the following.

I. We will not be living a sickly life.
II. We will be healthy enough to attend to our respective duties.
III. We will have enough to spend on our development instead of spending on drugs.
IV. We will be able to convince others about divine health.
V. We will be able to do other physical work to the glory of God.
VI. Our lives will be a praise unto the Lord.
@OP, it is for this kind of lie that Jesus Christ cursed the Pharisees. They too came up with hygiene rules which they sold to the people pretending it was from God and for that Jesus Christ declared several woes on those who will do such in his name. Please go and read Mark 7.
Re: General Hygiene And Disease Prevention; The God Way by Nobody: 10:27pm On Mar 07, 2021
Kobojunkie:
@OP, it is for this kind of lie that Jesus Christ cursed the Pharisees. They too came up with hygiene rules which they sold to the people pretending it was from God and for that Jesus Christ declared several woes on those who will do such in his name. Please go and read Mark 7.

Jesus Christ did not rebuke the Pharisees for teaching cleanliness, He rebuked them for rating it over Holiness and righteous living. He rebuked them for downplaying inner purity of heart by teaching outward cleanliness as means of reaching to God.

My message clearly states the importance of cleanliness. I did not mention that it was a qualification for seeing God or getting to heaven. That is the difference between my message and that of the Pharisees.
Re: General Hygiene And Disease Prevention; The God Way by Kobojunkie: 11:57pm On Mar 07, 2021
klap4gbens:

Jesus Christ did not rebuke the Pharisees for teaching cleanliness, He rebuked them for rating it over Holiness and righteous living. He rebuked them for downplaying inner purity of heart by teaching outward cleanliness as means of reaching to God.

My message clearly states the importance of cleanliness. I did not mention that it was a qualification for seeing God or getting to heaven. That is the difference between my message and that of the Pharisees.
Again, the Pharisees taught cleanliness pretending it had something to do with that which God in fact commands and so the people were deceived, believing that the commandments of men were of some significance where God/the spiritual is concerned.

Now take a look at how you have conveniently included Bible verses in your post pretending there is some spiritual angle to your doctrine there. That is exactly what the Pharisees did, and I know it is what many of your false teachers snd preachers today do as well.

Jesus Christ sent His followers out to teach the gospel of the Kingdom of Heaven and none of what you have there has to do with the exact teachings of Jesus Christ now, does it? So why do you pretend it is ok to append verses to your doctrine there. Isn't it so you can pretend God sanctions your teaching in addition to that which Jesus Christ actually taught His followers? undecided
Re: General Hygiene And Disease Prevention; The God Way by Nobody: 12:22pm On Mar 08, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Again, the Pharisees taught cleanliness pretending it had something to do with that which God in fact commands and so the people were deceived, believing that the commandments of men were of some significance where God/the spiritual is concerned.

Now take a look at how you have conveniently included Bible verses in your post pretending there is some spiritual angle to your doctrine there. That is exactly what the Pharisees did, and I know it is what many of your false teachers snd preachers today do as well.

Jesus Christ sent His followers out to teach the gospel of the Kingdom of Heaven and none of what you have there has to do with the exact teachings of Jesus Christ now, does it? So why do you pretend it is ok to append verses to your doctrine there. Isn't it so you can pretend God sanctions your teaching in addition to that which Jesus Christ actually taught His followers? undecided

Now I understand you. The challenge is on the bible verses, right?

There is no aspect of human life that is not addressed by the scriptures. If you read through the book of Leviticus and Numbers, a lot is said about cleanliness, what to eat and what not to eat.

A verse in Deuteronomy even warned the children of Israel to ensure their camp is clean if they wanted God's presence to be with them.

Every verse I quoted in my message talks about our health and God is interested in it.

I am yet to understand where I have become a false teacher. More enlightenment please.
Re: General Hygiene And Disease Prevention; The God Way by Kobojunkie: 1:27pm On Mar 08, 2021
klap4gbens:

Now I understand you. The challenge is on the bible verses, right?

There is no aspect of human life that is not addressed by the scriptures. If you read through the book of Leviticus and Numbers, a lot is said about cleanliness, what to eat and what not to eat.

A verse in Deuteronomy even warned the children of Israel to ensure their camp is clean if they wanted God's presence to be with them.

Every verse I quoted my message talks about our health and God is interested in it.

I am yet to understand where I have become a false teacher. More enlightenment please.
I am certain you have heard, at least somewhere that God is a Covenant-keeping God .i.e. God is faithful as far as the agreements He makes with His own. What that means is that when He makes a contract with His followers, He abides by the terms of the agreement. In much the same way, God expects us to abide by the terms of the agreement in question.. He commands His followers to Trust Him and Obeys Him. undecided

Now God's Old Covenant agreement which He made with the people of Israel(and the foreigners who live in the land of Israel) is what you find written of beginning from Exodus 12 through to Deuteronomy 30(Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy). undecided

The Old Covenant consists of a total of 613 commandments, one of which prohibits the people from adding or removing from the commandments therein. Meaning that no man is to add his idea or twist to what is written and no man is to presume invalid any of what is written... The contract is an eternal contract between God and the descendants of Jacob. undecided

The teachers of the Law were instructed by God to teach the people exactly that which is written in the book of the Laws. But in their ignorance and arrogance, they placed themselves in God's seat and created for themselves doctrines by which to fit their own commandments(traditions snd rules) as if in the mouth of God Himself by selling their ideas in the name of God, in direct disobedience of the very commandments of God.

By introducing new doctrines, traditions, and commandments of men, which are all lies that have nothing to do with God, they rendered powerless the word of God and made meaningless the worship of the people.

Jesus Christ, in Matthew 7, explains this thoroughly in Mark 7. In the New Covenant agreement which is a separate covenant that we have through the person of Jesus Christ with God Himself, one of the commandments included in the about 46 commandments we are giving as followers of Jesus Christ is that we abjure all doctrines, and traditions(commandments of men) of men as they are all lies with the effect of nullifying the word of God in the lives of those who practice them, rendering meaningless their worship.

Another warning exists against those who will attempt to store Old wine in New wine skin, or New Wine in Old win skin. Jesus Christ also warned His followers against mixing Old wine and New wine in any way - there is a separation between the Old Covenant and the New Covenant. So when a person who claims to be of the New Covenant practices instead Old Covenant Laws, that person is in direct breech of the New Covenant Contract.

God is Spirit and is True. The Word out of God's mouth is Truth and is born of the Spirit of God Himself. Men's doctrines and traditions are lies rooted in the flesh and with substance only in fhe world of flesh. We are commanded against trying to modify the word of God, His commands, in anyway to include our doctrines and traditions(lies).
Re: General Hygiene And Disease Prevention; The God Way by Nobody: 4:07pm On Mar 08, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I am certain you have heard, at least somewhere that God is a Covenant-keeping God .i.e. God is faithful as far as the agreements He makes with His own. What that means is that when He makes a contract with His followers, He abides by the terms of the agreement. In much the same way, God expects us to abide by the terms of the agreement in question.. He commands His followers to Trust Him and Obeys Him. undecided

Now God's Old Covenant agreement which He made with the people of Israel(and the foreigners who live in the land of Israel) is what you find written of beginning from Exodus 12 through to Deuteronomy 30(Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy). undecided

The Old Covenant consists of a total of 613 commandments, one of which prohibits the people from adding or removing from the commandments therein. Meaning that no man is to add his idea or twist to what is written and no man is to presume invalid any of what is written... The contract is an eternal contract between God and the descendants of Jacob. undecided

The teachers of the Law were instructed by God to teach the people exactly that which is written in the book of the Laws. But in their ignorance and arrogance, they placed themselves in God's seat and created for themselves doctrines by which to fit their own commandments(traditions snd rules) as if in the mouth of God Himself by selling their ideas in the name of God, in direct disobedience of the very commandments of God.

By introducing new doctrines, traditions, and commandments of men, which are all lies that have nothing to do with God, they rendered powerless the word of God and made meaningless the worship of the people.

Jesus Christ, in Matthew 7, explains this thoroughly in Mark 7. In the New Covenant agreement which is a separate covenant that we have through the person of Jesus Christ with God Himself, one of the commandments included in the about 46 commandments we are giving as followers of Jesus Christ is that we abjure all doctrines, and traditions(commandments of men) of men as they are all lies with the effect of nullifying the word of God in the lives of those who practice them, rendering meaningless their worship.

Another warning exists against those who will attempt to store Old wine in New wine skin, or New Wine in Old win skin. Jesus Christ also warned His followers against mixing Old wine and New wine in any way - there is a separation between the Old Covenant and the New Covenant. So when a person who claims to be of the New Covenant practices instead Old Covenant Laws, that person is in direct breech of the New Covenant Contract.

God is Spirit and is True. The Word out of God's mouth is Truth and is born of the Spirit of God Himself. Men's doctrines and traditions are lies rooted in the flesh and with substance only in fhe world of flesh. We are commanded against trying to modify the word of God, His commands, in anyway to include our doctrines and traditions(lies).

The old testament consists of Moral and ceremonial laws, the ceremonial laws are done away with while the moral laws remain valid till eternity.

THOU SHAL NOT KILL is a law from the old testament and you will agree that it's still valid till date and will be valid till eternity.

The law of God whether in old or new testament supports cleanliness and is also interested in our well-being.

3 John verse 2 is part of what I quoted, was I wrong to have quoted it to support what I said?

I am yet to understand your argument here, why my quoting the scriptures while preaching is wrong. Is there any aspect of human life that is not addressed in the Bible? Did I mention that cleanliness would take one to heaven like the Pharisees emphasised? Or did I rate cleanliness over holiness? So why the antagonism?
Re: General Hygiene And Disease Prevention; The God Way by Kobojunkie: 4:10pm On Mar 08, 2021
klap4gbens:

The old testament consists of Moral and ceremonial laws, the ceremonial laws are done away with while the moral laws remain valid till eternity.

THOU SHAL NOT KILL is a law from the old testament and you will agree that it's still valid till date and will be valid till eternity.

The law of God whether in old or new testament supports cleanliness and is also interested in our well-being.

3 John verse 2 is part of what I quoted, was I wrong to have quoted it to support what I said?

I am yet to understand your argument here, why my quoting the scriptures while preaching is wrong. Is there any aspect of human life that is not addressed in the Bible? Did I mention that cleanliness would take one to heaven as the Pharisees emphasised? Or did I rate cleanliness over holiness? So why the antagonism?
Please reread my previous comment to understand that is erroneous to believe the Old Covenant is done away. Better still read the entirety of Deuteronomy 30 the truth as put forth By God Himself through Moses.
Re: General Hygiene And Disease Prevention; The God Way by Nobody: 4:27pm On Mar 08, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Please reread my previous comment to understand that is erroneous to believe the Old Covenant is done away. Better still read the entirety of Deuteronomy 30 the truth as put forth By God Himself through Moses.

I did not say old testament is done away with.

What is your point in all these?

I have preached on how to live healthy, the rest is left to listeners to either take it or reject it.
Re: General Hygiene And Disease Prevention; The God Way by Kobojunkie: 4:31pm On Mar 08, 2021
klap4gbens:

I did not say old testament is done away with.

What is your point in all these?

I have preached on how to live healthy, the rest is left to listeners to either take it or reject it.
Re-read the comment below

Kobojunkie:

What you have preached is against the very commander of Jesus Christ, the one you claim you believe in.

Jesus Christ clearly warns His followers to be weary of the leaven of the Pharisees and Sadducees(the false teachers and prophets who will come in his name). The Leaven refers to the teachings and commandments of men, all of them lies, offered up in His name.
Re: General Hygiene And Disease Prevention; The God Way by Nobody: 11:01pm On Mar 08, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Re-read the comment below

What you have preached is against the very commander of Jesus Christ, the one you claim you believe in.

Jesus Christ clearly warns His followers to be weary of the leaven of the Pharisees and Sadducees(the false teachers and prophets who will come in his name). The Leaven refers to the teachings and commandments of men, all of them lies, offered up in His name.

I rest my case, you win.
Re: General Hygiene And Disease Prevention; The God Way by Kobojunkie: 11:04pm On Mar 08, 2021
klap4gbens:

I rest my case, you win.
This isn't about winning

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Happy 60th Birthday: Bishop David Abioye / Eid-ul-fitr: Muslims To Fast Tomorrow, Shawwal Moon Not Sighted In Saudi Arabia / VIDEO: "I Killed Prophet T. B. Joshua"– Ghanaian Kwaku Bonsam Reveals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.