Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,262 members, 7,860,602 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 01:10 PM

How To Avoid Gas Accidents And Explosion At Home - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Avoid Gas Accidents And Explosion At Home (1104 Views)

Couple Died In Explosion In Abule Ado, Lagos (Photos) / Gas Explosion Kills Lady In Jos, 26 Days After Wedding / How To Check The Expiry Date Of Your Gas Cylinder To Avoid Explosion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Avoid Gas Accidents And Explosion At Home by epelumi42(m): 11:37am On Mar 07, 2021
pretydiva:

Pls I need answer to this question

Some time ago,
I had a gas accident that lit my hands on fire. Here are a few things I learnt and how you can be safe too.

Gas explosions often happen because the regulator is faulty or leakage along the pipe.

Before turning on your gas, make sure you pay attention to signs of leakages, often indicated by an odor.

Ethyl Mercaptan is added to the gas, which possesses that strong odor of rotten cabbages because normal gas is odorless. If you hear any hissing or smell the odor, turn off the regulator on the gas first.

Make sure the pipe leading to the cooker is tightened at the attachment points. It's a common cause of gas leakages.

On no condition should you turn on your gas cooker after suspecting leakage, especially the automatic ones, even if you've turned off the cylinder regulator. Open all the windows and doors to allow ventilation.

When you're sure the odor is gone, change your gas regulator if it isn't new.

Avoid keeping flammable items, including rubber plates, foams, clothes and plastic utensils close to the cooker. They usually pick up fire first.

Remember to always keep gas cylinders outside the house. If you use portable gas cookers, remember to turn it off. You can stay safe by turning off the gas regulators after cooking. Turn it on whenever you want to cook. That way, you will know when something is wrong.

Calculate the average time it takes for your gas to finish, if it finishes before that estimated date, check pipes and regulator. I discovered it was my pipe that was leaking gas because I didn't tighten the hooks (after my gas finished prematurely).

Fire accidents are preventable if you pay attention. Don't start cooking and forget.

If you're not sure of what to do, just call your gas person for help.

Stay safe.

Cc. Lalasticlala

5 Likes

Re: How To Avoid Gas Accidents And Explosion At Home by Perfectsouth(m): 11:43am On Mar 07, 2021
Re: How To Avoid Gas Accidents And Explosion At Home by Cutehector(m): 11:50am On Mar 07, 2021
Very educative. That is how i invited one babe to my house to cook for me and she went to turn on the gas cooker knobs and forgot to turn it off..
Re: How To Avoid Gas Accidents And Explosion At Home by Nobody: 12:02pm On Mar 07, 2021
Don't allow your kids play around the cylinder... Some can be extremely naughty...
Leave an full bucket of water around your cylinder. In case of leakages it will help absorb the gas.

For bad men like us,
Never cook when you're drunk. Trust me. You fit go Jones leave am open.
The list is endless. In all na God dey protect person

1 Like

Re: How To Avoid Gas Accidents And Explosion At Home by Skyfornia(m): 12:03pm On Mar 07, 2021
Very good...also add, do no enter your kitchen with your phone. It is dangerous...

1 Like

Re: How To Avoid Gas Accidents And Explosion At Home by Nobody: 12:13pm On Mar 07, 2021
Cutehector:
Very educative. That is how i invited one babe to my house to cook for me and she went to turn on the gas cooker knobs and forgot to turn it off..

small boy like you sef have started inviting girls to your house
Re: How To Avoid Gas Accidents And Explosion At Home by pretydiva(f): 12:19pm On Mar 07, 2021
epelumi42:

Some time ago,
I had a gas accident that lit my hands on fire. Here are a few things I learnt and how you can be safe too.

Gas explosions often happen because the regulator is faulty or leakage along the pipe.

Before turning on your gas, make sure you pay attention to signs of leakages, often indicated by an odor.

Ethyl Mercaptan is added to the gas, which possesses that strong odor of rotten cabbages because normal gas is odorless. If you hear any hissing or smell the odor, turn off the regulator on the gas first.

Make sure the pipe leading to the cooker is tightened at the attachment points. It's a common cause of gas leakages.

On no condition should you turn on your gas cooker after suspecting leakage, especially the automatic ones, even if you've turned off the cylinder regulator. Open all the windows and doors to allow ventilation.

When you're sure the odor is gone, change your gas regulator if it isn't new.

Avoid keeping flammable items, including rubber plates, foams, clothes and plastic utensils close to the cooker. They usually pick up fire first.

Remember to always keep gas cylinders outside the house. If you use portable gas cookers, remember to turn it off. You can stay safe by turning off the gas regulators after cooking. Turn it on whenever you want to cook. That way, you will know when something is wrong.

Calculate the average time it takes for your gas to finish, if it finishes before that estimated date, check pipes and regulator. I discovered it was my pipe that was leaking gas because I didn't tighten the hooks (after my gas finished prematurely).

Fire accidents are preventable if you pay attention. Don't start cooking and forget.

If you're not sure of what to do, just call your gas person for help.

Stay safe.

Cc. Lalasticlala

Thanks
Re: How To Avoid Gas Accidents And Explosion At Home by Cutehector(m): 12:31pm On Mar 07, 2021
Zzor:
small boy like you sef have started inviting girls to your house
yaff started ya madness again abi. I go troll you for this forum o
Re: How To Avoid Gas Accidents And Explosion At Home by Nobody: 12:34pm On Mar 07, 2021
Cutehector:
yaff started ya madness again abi. I go troll you for this forum o
This forum made me a strong woman and trolling was part of it so nothing really get to me anymore I used them to my advantage, thanks to my sugar daddy in religion section, he gave me the courage to face you all,I'm no longer a cry cry baby I'm grown up.go eat shit
Re: How To Avoid Gas Accidents And Explosion At Home by Cutehector(m): 12:38pm On Mar 07, 2021
Zzor:
This forum made me a strong woman and trolling was part of it so nothing really get to me anymore I used them to my advantage, thanks to my sugar daddy in religion section, he gave me the courage to face you all,I'm no longer a cry cry baby I'm grown up.go eat shit
oh so you used to be a cry cry baby.. grin grin grin grin hilarious.. Shame on you
Re: How To Avoid Gas Accidents And Explosion At Home by Nobody: 12:39pm On Mar 07, 2021
Cutehector:
oh so you used to be a cry cry baby.. grin grin grin grin hilarious.. Shame on you
I don't have shame anymore
Re: How To Avoid Gas Accidents And Explosion At Home by Cutehector(m): 12:41pm On Mar 07, 2021
Zzor:
I don't have shame anymore
fûck off
Re: How To Avoid Gas Accidents And Explosion At Home by Nobody: 12:42pm On Mar 07, 2021
Cutehector:
Bleep off
go and eat shit dingbang
Re: How To Avoid Gas Accidents And Explosion At Home by Cutehector(m): 12:42pm On Mar 07, 2021
Zzor:
go and eat shit dingbang
seems like you have eaten alot of it ..naah cant join you in your penury..
Re: How To Avoid Gas Accidents And Explosion At Home by Nobody: 12:45pm On Mar 07, 2021
Cutehector:
seems like you have eaten alot of it ..naah cant join you in your penury..
Change your life and come to Christ,follow my GO on YouTube on Pastor Chris Oyakhilome and watch the transformation you shall experience
Re: How To Avoid Gas Accidents And Explosion At Home by Cutehector(m): 12:46pm On Mar 07, 2021
Zzor:
Change your life and come to Christ,follow my GO on YouTube on Pastor Chris Oyakhilome and watch the transformation you shall experience
this sheeple...
Re: How To Avoid Gas Accidents And Explosion At Home by Nobody: 12:49pm On Mar 07, 2021
Cutehector:
this sheeple...
You testimony is in my church, claim it now and do the needful
Re: How To Avoid Gas Accidents And Explosion At Home by Cutehector(m): 12:52pm On Mar 07, 2021
Zzor:
You testimony is in my church, claim it now and do the needful
no o..it will be in my bed .. With you in it... Unclad
Re: How To Avoid Gas Accidents And Explosion At Home by Nobody: 12:55pm On Mar 07, 2021
Cutehector:
no o..it will be in my bed .. With you in it... Unclad
Thats so canal of you,Christ is waiting for you
Re: How To Avoid Gas Accidents And Explosion At Home by Cutehector(m): 1:00pm On Mar 07, 2021
Zzor:
Thats so canal of you,Christ is waiting for you
the dick is also waiting for that ass on ya dp.
Re: How To Avoid Gas Accidents And Explosion At Home by evil1: 1:52pm On Mar 07, 2021
True and educative.
Re: How To Avoid Gas Accidents And Explosion At Home by epelumi42(m): 7:07pm On Mar 07, 2021
pretydiva:

Thanks

You're welcome
Re: How To Avoid Gas Accidents And Explosion At Home by anthonyuncle(m): 9:10am On Mar 08, 2021
nice one.

really helpful.

thanks.

always ensure that your gas knobs are turned off before leaving your house and immediately you enter your kitchen

(1) (Reply)

This Picture Says A Lot…God Bless Our Mothers / The Emotional Bank Account / ~How Did Your Daddy Meet Your Mummy . . .?~

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.