Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,361 members, 7,812,024 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:32 AM

Painters/ Experts In The House. Is This An Ideal Price For House Painting? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Painters/ Experts In The House. Is This An Ideal Price For House Painting? (1141 Views)

When The House Is Shared After The Death Of Its Owner (SEE BUILDING) / My House Is About To Be Demolished, What Should I Do? / Latest Promo Price For Stone Coated Roof Sheets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Painters/ Experts In The House. Is This An Ideal Price For House Painting? by neutralmind: 12:12am On Mar 08, 2021
Hello,

I just got a quote of N278,000 to paint the exterior of a 4 bedroom bungalow. The house also has 2 sitting rooms. The house is on a full plot of land.

Just outside the house alone. Also this quote does not include the fence.

It's just for the exterior of the house. The house has never been painted before.

Is this a reasonable amount?

Just want to be sure. I will appreciate your comments and advice.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Painters/ Experts In The House. Is This An Ideal Price For House Painting? by Hashabiah: 12:16am On Mar 08, 2021
Does this quotation include paint production and cost of labour?
Re: Painters/ Experts In The House. Is This An Ideal Price For House Painting? by neutralmind: 12:18am On Mar 08, 2021
Hashabiah:
Does this quotation include paint production and cost of labour?

It includes paint purchase and labour. It's the total cost
Re: Painters/ Experts In The House. Is This An Ideal Price For House Painting? by neutralmind: 12:20am On Mar 08, 2021
Paint purchase.. 138,000

Labour ... 140,000

Total... 278,000
Re: Painters/ Experts In The House. Is This An Ideal Price For House Painting? by Hashabiah: 12:21am On Mar 08, 2021
neutralmind:

It includes paint purchase and labour. It's the total cost
Hmm...I suggest you beat the price down.
Re: Painters/ Experts In The House. Is This An Ideal Price For House Painting? by neutralmind: 12:22am On Mar 08, 2021
Hashabiah:
Hmm...I suggest you beat the price down.

To what figure? Kindly give me an idea
Re: Painters/ Experts In The House. Is This An Ideal Price For House Painting? by Hashabiah: 12:24am On Mar 08, 2021
neutralmind:

To what figure? Kindly give me an idea
Well, if they are emulsion based paints, I suggest you beat them down to 3,500 per bucket. Because I cannot imagine a painter producing those buckets at 5k plus
Re: Painters/ Experts In The House. Is This An Ideal Price For House Painting? by neutralmind: 12:26am On Mar 08, 2021
Hashabiah:
Well, if they are emulsion based paints, I suggest you beat them down to 3,500 per bucket. Because I cannot imagine a painter producing those buckets at 5k plus

Okay. Many thanks
Re: Painters/ Experts In The House. Is This An Ideal Price For House Painting? by neutralmind: 1:00pm On Mar 08, 2021
Hello
Re: Painters/ Experts In The House. Is This An Ideal Price For House Painting? by olukaygold(m): 2:29pm On Mar 08, 2021
I'll just advice you to buy the paint( Princess Or Dulux paint),there are lots of differences with man made(local made)production and Machine/ready made production.and a drum of princess is around 7000-7500,and a 40 litter/2 drum of white princess paint are enough to paint the window hook/art work and the ceiling as well.
Re: Painters/ Experts In The House. Is This An Ideal Price For House Painting? by neutralmind: 7:01pm On Mar 08, 2021
Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Construction Of A 4bedroom Duplex Ogombo Lekki Lagos / Branch Networking For A Bank / Do You Need Property To Let Or Buy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.