Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,943 members, 7,814,192 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

We Will Not Accept Hijabs In Our Christian Schools~ Kwara Ministry Of Edu. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / We Will Not Accept Hijabs In Our Christian Schools~ Kwara Ministry Of Edu. (2093 Views)

Lagos Succumbs To Supreme Court Ruling, Approves Use Of Hijabs In Schools / Registration For Christian Schools With Cac / All Universities,polys,colleges Of Edu Fix Admission Cut Off Marks(full LIST) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Will Not Accept Hijabs In Our Christian Schools~ Kwara Ministry Of Edu. by Emmadoc: 12:57am On Mar 09, 2021
The kwara state ministry of education has refused to reopen schools over the ongoing hijab controvery, no fewer than 10 were shut down during the dispute after being ordered by the government to reopen the schools.

According to the Ministry’s permanent secretary, Kemi Adeosun, the schools which were earlier told to reopen on Monday, will continue to remain shut.

She said the decision was taken for safety reasons. “The government has however directed pupils and teachers in the affected schools to remain at home until the final decision is made and announced.

“The government through their spoke person said, they will remains committed to fairness, pluralism, and respect for the law and rights of every citizen at all times,” the statement read.

Recall: The kwara state government, in February , ordered the temporary closure of 10 grant-aided secondary schools in Ilorin, the state capital, pending the resolution of the hijab controversy in the Christian schools.

The affected schools are;

C&S College,
ST. Anthony College,
ECWA School,
Surulere Baptist Secondary School,
Bishop Smith Secondary School,
CAC Secondary School,
St. Barnabas Secondary School,
St. John School,
St. Williams Secondary School and,
St. James Secondary School.

Muslim leaders in the state, insisted that muslim students should be allowed to use the head covering in accordance with the Constitution but their Christian counterparts said such negates the heritage of the missionarries, who built the schools.

However, after several peace meetings, the government approved the use of hijab in all public schools in the state and ordered the reopening of the affected schools schools on March 8.

However this decision does not sit well with the Christians in the state as they remain adamant, stating such a decision will negate the missions of their founding fathers.

Due to the decisions, there had been rumors spreading like a wild fire. That there is ongoing agenda to totally Islamize the state. Could this be true?

source:https://legitsoup.com.ng/we-will-not-accept-hijabs-in-our-christian-schools-kwara-ministry-of-edu/
Re: We Will Not Accept Hijabs In Our Christian Schools~ Kwara Ministry Of Edu. by Dhomesz: 1:09am On Mar 09, 2021
It's obvious
Re: We Will Not Accept Hijabs In Our Christian Schools~ Kwara Ministry Of Edu. by optionalY09: 1:41am On Mar 09, 2021
I dont see a reason to these useless confusion. School should be schools and religious houses should be religious houses. The rate these Islamic people always stir up contentions is irritating. If you want your children to dress in full islamic regalia send them to Islamic SCHOOLS for heaven sake!

Religion should be ban in circular education centers.

In some advance countries like the USA, it is not permissive to discuss religious issues at places of work even with your customer. Keep your crazy religious believes in your bedrooms. HA!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Will Not Accept Hijabs In Our Christian Schools~ Kwara Ministry Of Edu. by Emmadoc: 2:20am On Mar 09, 2021
optionalY09:
I dont see a reason to these useless confusion. School should be schools and religious houses should be religious house. The rate these Islamic people always stir up contentions is irritating. If you want your children to dress in full islamic regalia send them to Islamic SCHOOLS for heaven sake!

In some advance countries like the use, it is not permissive to discuss religious issues at places of work even with your customer. Keep your crazy religious believes in your bedrooms. HA!

It is very crazy and pathetic

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Will Not Accept Hijabs In Our Christian Schools~ Kwara Ministry Of Edu. by Jerryherd: 3:06am On Mar 09, 2021
shocked

What is wrong with some Christian hypocrites sef?!

Is it your head the students want to wear hijab on?!

Will the hijab in anyway affect you or your fellow Christians?!

Did anyone force hijab on any Christian?!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Will Not Accept Hijabs In Our Christian Schools~ Kwara Ministry Of Edu. by Harddiskng(m): 3:07am On Mar 09, 2021
This country is filled with wicked and blood thirsty people really.

You saw “CAC”, “Deeper Life” “MFM” in front of the name of the nursery & primary school which tells it is fundamentally a Christian organization (upholds Christian values: no other God besides Jehovah - Isaiah 45:5) then you insist your child wears hijab to that school. Are you not mad

As a Christian I can’t imagine sending my child to “ An-nur Islamic School” for whatever reason then I also insist my child wears a ginormous cross around his neck in school, what is my aim in life

The fact that we are even debating this show there is something seriously wrong with us as a people.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Will Not Accept Hijabs In Our Christian Schools~ Kwara Ministry Of Edu. by midolian(m): 4:32am On Mar 09, 2021
optionalY09:
I dont see a reason to these useless confusion. School should be schools and religious houses should be religious houses. The rate these Islamic people always stir up contentions is irritating. If you want your children to dress in full islamic regalia send them to Islamic SCHOOLS for heaven sake!

In some advance countries like the USA, it is not permissive to discuss religious issues at places of work even with your customer. Keep your crazy religious believes in your bedrooms. HA!
You sound very foolish and bias.

if your "christian" schools want to dictate how Muslims should dress, they should begin to fund themselves. These schools are government schools for crying out loud and the government has decided, what exactly is your problem? why are you so intolerant of others, yet you paint Muslims intolerant?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Will Not Accept Hijabs In Our Christian Schools~ Kwara Ministry Of Edu. by optionalY09: 4:40am On Mar 09, 2021
midolian:

if your "christian" schools want to dictate how Muslims should dress, they should begin to fund themselves. These schools are government schools for crying out loud and the government has decided, what exactly is your problem? why are you so intolerant of others, yet you paint Muslims intolerant?

Take your senseless religious fight away from me please. I am more civilized than that nonsense. As if they don’t have government in other parts of the world or they have got no religious believes. That’s why you guys are not having any significant progress because of useless foreign religions you know nothing about. The same people who sold those religion to you treat you like trash from Saudi to Jerusealem, they practice theirs with open minds and not with any form of extremism.

13 Likes

Re: We Will Not Accept Hijabs In Our Christian Schools~ Kwara Ministry Of Edu. by AroOkigbo(m): 4:41am On Mar 09, 2021
midolian:

Why will you as a Muslim send your child to a Christian school? Is it not haram? Why not send him to a Muslim school?

13 Likes

Re: We Will Not Accept Hijabs In Our Christian Schools~ Kwara Ministry Of Edu. by optionalY09: 4:47am On Mar 09, 2021
Jerryherd:
shocked

If not for your precedence in terrorism, who cares. I don’t know why you guys always rebel against normal order of things. School is not mosque or Church. There is a government approve uniform i wonder why you’re trying to set up a different dressing rules if there is no agenda to terrorism, Or rebel just to cause discord in a peaceful society.

These has always been your pattern of operation

So pathetic

3 Likes

Re: We Will Not Accept Hijabs In Our Christian Schools~ Kwara Ministry Of Edu. by parkervero(m): 5:02am On Mar 09, 2021
Jerryherd:
shocked

You should wear your thinking cap before you spew trash.

2 Likes

Re: We Will Not Accept Hijabs In Our Christian Schools~ Kwara Ministry Of Edu. by dikeigbo2(m): 5:08am On Mar 09, 2021
government of confusion......pitching people against each other,dividing them in religious lines for their selfish gains.....they believe...with total unity alot progress will be achieved by the people

1 Like

Re: We Will Not Accept Hijabs In Our Christian Schools~ Kwara Ministry Of Edu. by parkervero(m): 5:09am On Mar 09, 2021
midolian:

@bold tell your muslim govt to hand schools back to their original owners and see that it (school) will be run better than the way your muslim govt is running it.

Christians are the most tolerant adherents you could think of if you can reason very well. Your religion compel and force on people its belief(dogmatic) on the throat of non-muslims later you will say no compulsion in religion.

2 Likes

Re: We Will Not Accept Hijabs In Our Christian Schools~ Kwara Ministry Of Edu. by naijapips04: 5:58am On Mar 09, 2021
midolian:

You actually sound very senile. There's nothing like 'how Muslims should dress' in a school setting. The school has a uniform. Wear the damn uniform and keep your religion in your smelly house.

6 Likes

Re: We Will Not Accept Hijabs In Our Christian Schools~ Kwara Ministry Of Edu. by martolux(m): 6:18am On Mar 09, 2021
You are the bias one here. 1. Why should your faithful muslims send their wards to a school bearing christian name in the first place, isn't that haram? 2. Is it too difficult for the state gov't to stop funding of those schools or return schools to the founders if they are not ready to comply with the constitution?? Those schools have not denied muslims in observing their prayers, some even allowed a dedicated place for prayers, so that's not enough??
I now believe this is more than hijab, the issue of hijab is just a cover up and founders of those schools are not unaware of that.

midolian:

1 Like

Re: We Will Not Accept Hijabs In Our Christian Schools~ Kwara Ministry Of Edu. by Abdulbaaqi21: 7:20am On Mar 09, 2021
optionalY09:

Dindinrin, don't forget the school is now a Government school , no longer a Christian school, or is the Government synonymous to Christian ? Knucklehead

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Will Not Accept Hijabs In Our Christian Schools~ Kwara Ministry Of Edu. by ShaqFu: 7:55am On Mar 09, 2021
midolian:

bro please. Even with this. It's been said government shouldn't be sentimental especially when it comes to the issue of religion and tribe.

I would have expected the government of Kwara state to take a solid stand, on this issue by ensuring that every student dress in their school uniforms. Not saying girls should wear hijab and the likes.

Remember this was what Aregbesola did in Osun and you know how that played out.
Re: We Will Not Accept Hijabs In Our Christian Schools~ Kwara Ministry Of Edu. by ShaqFu: 7:58am On Mar 09, 2021
Jerryherd:
shocked

there is usually a dress code in public schools and that dress code doesn't it anyway recommend the use of hijab by Muslim girls.
Re: We Will Not Accept Hijabs In Our Christian Schools~ Kwara Ministry Of Edu. by Pious101: 8:21am On Mar 09, 2021
midolian:

trust me when I say this...you re d one being bias here.
As far as Christian n Muslim is concern, Christians are more tolerant than Muslims, u would only accept this if u can be honest to ur self. I serve in d north, and in a core Muslim school, u can't differentiate between a Muslim and a Christian student because they re all forced to use d hijab and pray along side with the Muslims. The missionary schools have a uniform and the introduction of hijab would distinguish between a Muslim and a non Muslim. This is exactly what d school wants to prevent because it would pose security challenges. We have read of incidents were terrorist attack schools and they let go of Muslims and holding back Christians due to their faith
Re: We Will Not Accept Hijabs In Our Christian Schools~ Kwara Ministry Of Edu. by Solohmony: 8:59am On Mar 09, 2021
Government is the genesis of the problem. Return missionary schools back to the missionaries and also listen to the voice of Christian leaders in the state.

Re: We Will Not Accept Hijabs In Our Christian Schools~ Kwara Ministry Of Edu. by duro4chang(m): 9:00am On Mar 09, 2021
midolian:

The schools were built by the missions but the government took it from them. The government can as well release the schools to the owners and stop funding them.

1 Like

Re: We Will Not Accept Hijabs In Our Christian Schools~ Kwara Ministry Of Edu. by olamiji98448: 9:00am On Mar 09, 2021
Government is the genesis of the problem. Return missionary schools back to the missionaries and also listen to the voice of Christian leaders in the state.

1 Like

Re: We Will Not Accept Hijabs In Our Christian Schools~ Kwara Ministry Of Edu. by gregyboy(m): 9:02am On Mar 09, 2021
optionalY09:

Take your senseless religious fight away from me please. I am more civilized than that nonsense. As if they don’t have government in other parts of the world or they have got no religious believes. That’s why you guys are not having any significant progress because of useless foreign religions you know nothing about. The same people who sold those religion to you treat you like trash from Saudi to Jerusealem, they practice theirs with open minds and not with any form of extremism.

Would you hold it,

The Muslim are bad omen, firstly!!

The school founding fathers are Christian, seconded!!

When we listen to people like you because you think you're are smart and self enlightening the society turn into chaos

Hold your mouth mr liberal minded man

When we allow such union,Muslim and Christian flagship inside that school, soon we will start hearing cases of religious fanatism from one party in the school, the school will endup suffering it in the long run

I believe in religious privacy, if the Muslim are coming to Christian missionary school let them dress as a Christian,
Re: We Will Not Accept Hijabs In Our Christian Schools~ Kwara Ministry Of Edu. by yetunsbay(m): 9:21am On Mar 09, 2021
I'm a Muslim. This Govt like wahala. Make Muslims visit secular schools instead naw
Re: We Will Not Accept Hijabs In Our Christian Schools~ Kwara Ministry Of Edu. by heniford2: 9:43am On Mar 09, 2021
Jerryherd:
shocked

the school said the don't want it why not look for another that permit it Ah! you come to my house to tell me how to stay for my thing you nobi witch so
Re: We Will Not Accept Hijabs In Our Christian Schools~ Kwara Ministry Of Edu. by Janey2486(f): 10:01am On Mar 09, 2021
Jerryherd:
shocked

Did they force them to go to a Christian schools

Re: We Will Not Accept Hijabs In Our Christian Schools~ Kwara Ministry Of Edu. by wingmanIII: 10:13am On Mar 09, 2021
Abdulbaaqi21:

Dindinrin, don't forget the school is now a Government school , no longer a Christian school, or is the Government synonymous to Christian ? Knucklehead

Did the government buy the schools? Getting government grants means it's a government school? Even when the government neither established nor built the schools.
Very illogical
Re: We Will Not Accept Hijabs In Our Christian Schools~ Kwara Ministry Of Edu. by 24SEVEN: 10:48am On Mar 09, 2021
Jerryherd:
shocked

I believe you are insane. All all Schools to attend, why must the muslims send their wards to Christian Schools if not for the purpose of causing mayhem.
Re: We Will Not Accept Hijabs In Our Christian Schools~ Kwara Ministry Of Edu. by Abdulbaaqi21: 10:59am On Mar 09, 2021
wingmanIII:

Did the government buy the schools? Getting government grants means it's a government school? Even when the government neither established nor built the schools.
Very illogical

I guess the churches are still funding the schools? Only a logical person can judge what makes a logical or illogical argument .
Re: We Will Not Accept Hijabs In Our Christian Schools~ Kwara Ministry Of Edu. by Nicepoker(m): 11:23am On Mar 09, 2021
Jerryherd:
shocked

There are Muslim schools. Why can't the parents send their kids there.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

. / Waec Gce Pic Upload Problem? / A

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.