Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,525 members, 7,816,283 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:47 AM

Nysc Yikpata Kwara State Edu Lga - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Nysc Yikpata Kwara State Edu Lga (2906 Views)

My Yikpata, Kwara NYSC Camp Experience / Sojourn To Yikpata (lost In Kwara) / My Experience At The NYSC Camp, Yikpata, Kwara State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nysc Yikpata Kwara State Edu Lga by yinkyAde(m): 12:39am On Mar 10, 2021
Please can anyone who recently camped there, provide answers to my enquiry as regards hostels situation at yikpata and general activities there (camping situation)

1 Like

Re: Nysc Yikpata Kwara State Edu Lga by pulsatingpen: 4:27am On Mar 10, 2021
Hi yinkyAde.

First things first, congratulations on your posting to Yikpata�. Contrary to what you may read online, the camping situation is not hellish.

Generally, the camp is a microcosm of what goes on in public tertiary institutions in the country. The struggle continues. You hustle to get your registration done, you hustle to get the right sizes of your kits, you get some form of aggression thrown at you in one way or another.

The hostel facilities are relatively decent. They had just been renovated before my batch got in. The toilets were not WCs, they were ceramic pit latrines. Asides the in-house bathrooms, mobile bathrooms were situated by the hostels and I found them to be a better option.

If you are a picky eater, ensure you go with enough money to cover your feeding costs for better meals at the mammy market. Also, try to come with the essentials. Once you get into camp, the prices double.

The major challenge then was the unfavourable condition of the lecture halls with very low number of chairs and lack of ventilation. The only other option available was to sit in the scorching sun.

Also, the water doesn't run 24/7, so it might be a bit stressful queueing up almost every day. You can purchase a bucket of water for 50 naira and you can also get people to do the laundry for a small fee if you don't feel up to it.

And oh, don't bother taking an extension box along; you'd be asked to drop it at the gate when checking in. You can get your gadgets charged at mammy for a fee (100 naira per session, I think).

While this review is based on my personal experience when I camped there in 2019, I believe camp facilities should be improved.

Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance. Have a great time

1 Like

Re: Nysc Yikpata Kwara State Edu Lga by yinkyAde(m): 9:36am On Mar 10, 2021
Thank you.
pulsatingpen:
Hi yinkyAde.

First things first, congratulations on your posting to Yikpata�. Contrary to what you may read online, the camping situation is not hellish.

Generally, the camp is a microcosm of what goes on in public tertiary institutions in the country. The struggle continues. You hustle to get your registration done, you hustle to get the right sizes of your kits, you get some form of aggression thrown at you in one way or another.

The hostel facilities are relatively decent. They had just been renovated before my batch got in. The toilets were not WCs, they were ceramic pit latrines. Asides the in-house bathrooms, mobile bathrooms were situated by the hostels and I found them to be a better option.

If you are a picky eater, ensure you go with enough money to cover your feeding costs for better meals at the mammy market. Also, try to come with the essentials. Once you get into camp, the prices double.

The major challenge then was the unfavourable condition of the lecture halls with very low number of chairs and lack of ventilation. The only other option available was to sit in the scorching sun.

Also, the water doesn't run 24/7, so it might be a bit stressful queueing up almost every day. You can purchase a bucket of water for 50 naira and you can also get people to do the laundry for a small fee if you don't feel up to it.

And oh, don't bother taking an extension box along; you'd be asked to drop it at the gate when checking in. You can get your gadgets charged at mammy for a fee (100 naira per session, I think).

While this review is based on my personal experience when I camped there in 2019, I believe camp facilities should be improved.

Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance. Have a great time

1 Like

Re: Nysc Yikpata Kwara State Edu Lga by MufasaLion: 6:57pm On Mar 12, 2021
yinkyAde:
Please can anyone who recently camped there, provide answers to my enquiry as regards hostels situation at yikpata and general activities there (camping situation)

I know someone that camped there 3 years ago. That place is trash. I mean TRASH
Re: Nysc Yikpata Kwara State Edu Lga by olite93(m): 7:05am On May 16, 2021
yinkyAde:

Hi op. I guess u were posted to yikpata in stream 1. I have just been posted there. Kindly give latest update on the place. Thanks.
Re: Nysc Yikpata Kwara State Edu Lga by 2horsePOWER(m): 12:06pm On May 16, 2021
Camped there last year November
The camp is nice, it was recently renovated.
There's water.(just wake up early to fetch water).
Light dey.
Dry cleaners charge 50naira/t-shirt
Maami market is good. The food is okay.
Kitchen food
When I was there. I ate rice, bread and tea, porridge and eba.

I'll rate the overall condition of the camp 7.5/10.

Get a power bank from home.20,000mah preferably.
Extension sockets are not allowed in the hostel. Some hostel (old ones) don't even have sockets.
Re: Nysc Yikpata Kwara State Edu Lga by olite93(m): 3:10pm On May 16, 2021
2horsePOWER:
Camped there last year November
The camp is nice, it's was recently renovated.
There's water.(just wake up early to fetch water).
Light dey.
Dry cleaners charge 50naira/t-shirt
Maami market is good. The food is okay.
Kitchen food
When I was there. I ate rice, bread and tea, porridge and eba.

I'll rate the overall condition of the camp 7.5/10.

Get a power bank from home.20,000mah preferably.
Extension sockets are not allowed in the hostel. Some hostel (old ones) don't even have sockets.

How is life as a corper in kwara. Do ppa provide accommodation for corpers, how much does accommodation cost, electricity in d state, food, tfare, cost of living
Re: Nysc Yikpata Kwara State Edu Lga by 2horsePOWER(m): 3:28pm On May 16, 2021
olite93:

How is life as a corper in kwara. Do ppa provide accommodation for corpers, how much does accommodation cost, electricity in d state, food, tfare, cost of living

I was posted to a sec school, accommodation wasn't provided by the school. You might be lucky sha
I'm at Ilorin west, I paid 48k for a self contain.
Transportation is cheap. #50-#100(cab) should get you to your destination
Cost of living is quite cheap if you know how to manage.
Food is good.
Power supply is good here. 12-14hrs a day. 24hrs sometimes
Re: Nysc Yikpata Kwara State Edu Lga by oazeez1991(m): 7:26pm On May 28, 2021
2horsePOWER:

I was posted to a sec school, accommodation wasn't provided by the school. You might be lucky sha
Food is good.

Wow! Which area in Ilorin-West did u get such price of 48k 4 Selfcon? Is it Asa-Dam or where? Would appreciate a concise response. Thanks.
Re: Nysc Yikpata Kwara State Edu Lga by 2horsePOWER(m): 8:52am On May 29, 2021
oazeez1991:

Wow! Which area in Ilorin-West did u get such price of 48k 4 Selfcon? Is it Asa-Dam or where? Would appreciate a concise response. Thanks.
Gbagba
Re: Nysc Yikpata Kwara State Edu Lga by captainking(m): 11:56am On May 29, 2021
You guys are all lucky.. When I served there in 2012..it was complete trash..
We were camped inside the massive hall like sardines and practically breath in each others carbon dioxide as our oxygen.. To wake up at night to pee is to wake almost everyone up cos you must step on people to get out..
Bad food... No light at all.

I guess the place is now much better
Re: Nysc Yikpata Kwara State Edu Lga by oazeez1991(m): 8:02am On May 30, 2021
2horsePOWER:

Gbagba

Okay bro, thanks
Re: Nysc Yikpata Kwara State Edu Lga by 2horsePOWER(m): 10:19am On May 30, 2021
oazeez1991:

Okay bro, thanks

Were you posted to Ilorin west?
Re: Nysc Yikpata Kwara State Edu Lga by oazeez1991(m): 8:11pm On May 30, 2021
2horsePOWER:

Were you posted to Ilorin west?

No Sir
Re: Nysc Yikpata Kwara State Edu Lga by olite93(m): 9:33pm On Jun 02, 2021
captainking:
You guys are all lucky.. When I served there in 2012..it was complete trash..
We were camped inside the massive hall like sardines and practically breath in each others carbon dioxide as our oxygen.. To wake up at night to pee is to wake almost everyone up cos you must step on people to get out..
Bad food... No light at all.

I guess the place is now much better

D camp is quite fairer than before... Better hostels with bunks... Kitchen is fair too. There's water... D new hostels are very modern but d old halls have been renovated..tiled floors et al. I rep hostel 6 yikpata camp... Platoon 5. Yikpata heat no b here ooo
Re: Nysc Yikpata Kwara State Edu Lga by tmanis(m): 10:53am On Nov 17, 2021
2horsePOWER:

Food is good.
Good day boss

I just redeployed to kwara, and I wuld like to be have a ppa in ilorin, and not a school.

Do you have any idea on how I can go about it.
I just finished documentation.

Thanks
Re: Nysc Yikpata Kwara State Edu Lga by 2horsePOWER(m): 12:29am On Nov 26, 2021
tmanis:

Good day boss

I just redeployed to kwara, and I wuld like to be have a ppa in ilorin, and not a school.

Do you have any idea on how I can go about it.
I just finished documentation.

Thanks
Almost all of us were posted to go teach.
Re: Nysc Yikpata Kwara State Edu Lga by oazeez1991(m): 9:34am On Nov 26, 2021
2horsePOWER:

Almost all of us were posted to go teach.
Bro, I sent u a PM, but yet 2 get a response. I'd like 2 mk an enquiry 4rm u. U may drop ur number or beep/WhatsApp me via d number on my signature. Tanx
Re: Nysc Yikpata Kwara State Edu Lga by ibiba55(m): 11:03pm On Dec 18, 2021
olite93:

D camp is quite fairer than before... Better hostels with bunks... Kitchen is fair too. There's water... D new hostels are very modern but d old halls have been renovated..tiled floors et al. I rep hostel 6 yikpata camp... Platoon 5. Yikpata heat no b here ooo

Thank God say na yikpata heat do you... I wonder weytin you for talk for the harmattan period.
Re: Nysc Yikpata Kwara State Edu Lga by Sontana07(m): 9:36am On Mar 24, 2022
Currently camping in yikpata. Only issue here so far is the water and maybe the heat depending on the time your stream goes to camp. Light availability is good. Hostels have been renovated, at least from what others who camped before me said, it's much better now. Just come with enough cash in case you are too picky when it comes to food and to buy water if you can't wake up early to hustle/que up. Preparing and hoping for a favourable PPA.
Re: Nysc Yikpata Kwara State Edu Lga by Sontana07(m): 9:38am On Mar 24, 2022
2horsePOWER:

Food is good.

This is cool
Re: Nysc Yikpata Kwara State Edu Lga by 2horsePOWER(m): 11:13am On Mar 24, 2022
Sontana07:

This is cool

9ja don change ooo grin

Good ol'days grin grin

(1) (Reply)

NYSC And Breakups. / Has Anyone Received Allowance For March? / Best NYSC Parade images (Pictures attached)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.