Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,334 members, 7,811,975 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:37 AM

4 Benin Republic Ministers Meet Nigerian Rice Farmers - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / 4 Benin Republic Ministers Meet Nigerian Rice Farmers (13644 Views)

Rice Farmers Harvesting Rice In Their Farm / Ebonyi Rice Farmers Helpless As Herdsmen, Cows Destroy Their Farms / Rice Farmers, Others To Access Bill Gate's $30bn Agriculture Grant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Benin Republic Ministers Meet Nigerian Rice Farmers by agwom(m): 9:12am On Mar 10, 2021
Four ministers from the Republic of Benin along with other officials are in Nigeria for talks with Nigerian rice farmers under the aegis of Rice Farmers Association of Nigeria (RIFAN) to fine-tune a memorandum of understanding.

The ministers were Alimatau Shadiya, Minister of Industry and Trade, Cossi Gaston Dossouhoui, Minister of Agriculture and Livestock, Samon Seidou Adambi, Minister of Mine and Water Resources and Romuald Wadagni, Minister of Finance and the Economy and head of the delegation.

Mr Wadagni stated that because of the new vision of cooperation between the two countries, President Patrice Talon decided to send four ministers to Nigeria to chart the way forward for a robust cooperation on rice production.

“We want to put in place a partnership between the rice producers of Nigeria, and the rice producers in the Republic of Benin,” he said.

Earlier, the national president of RIFAN, Alhaji Aminu Goronyo, who led a delegation to the Benin Republic president in Cotonou, last week, said the Abuja meeting would look at the technical areas for learning and the way forward.

He said “the team was in Nigeria to see what we are doing right under the Central Bank of Nigeria’s Anchor Borrowers’ Programme launched by President Muhammadu Buhari which made Nigeria today to record huge success in the rice revolution.”

In a related development, Benin Republic has approached President Muhammadu Buhari to seek Nigeria’s help for rice production.

The country sent in a delegation of officials who met with the Chief of Staff to the President, Prof. Ibrahim Gambari, at the Presidential Villa, Abuja on Tuesday to tap from Nigeria’s experience in reviving rice production.

The delegation was led by the country’s Minister of Agriculture, Gaston Cossi Dossouhoui. They were led to the Villa by Kebbi State Governor Atiku Bagudu and the Nigerian Minister of Finance, Budget and National Planning, Zainab Ahmed.

Bagudu later told reporters that the delegation and the Rice Farmers Association of Nigeria met with Gambari to advance ongoing talks between both countries on how to replicate Nigeria’s rice farming programme in Benin Republic.

“This is partnership within the framework of ECOWAS agreement and the Africa Continental Free Trade Agreement and our brotherly relationship between President Muhammadu Buhari and President Patrice Tallon who have the safe vision that we can be greater together,” he said.

https://dailytrust.com/4-benin-republic-ministers-meet-nigerian-rice-farmers

2 Likes

Re: 4 Benin Republic Ministers Meet Nigerian Rice Farmers by Tonymegabush1(m): 9:16am On Mar 10, 2021
Nice gesture coming from our neighboring country Benin rep. Just hope they won't sabotage our effort in consuming locally produced rice because the Benin I know has all manner of foreign rice.

Does FTC really work Asking for a concerned neighbor

4 Likes

Re: 4 Benin Republic Ministers Meet Nigerian Rice Farmers by sogaaw: 9:16am On Mar 10, 2021
B4 any partnership, dey should bear in mind say herdsmen dey Naija ooo... cow fit enter d farm to chop everything

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Benin Republic Ministers Meet Nigerian Rice Farmers by Siwisheswereesh: 9:16am On Mar 10, 2021
Rice is still expensive in Nigeria.

Given a level-playing field, it's cheaper to import rice than to produce it in Nigeria.

Why

16 Likes

Re: 4 Benin Republic Ministers Meet Nigerian Rice Farmers by tobillionaire(m): 9:16am On Mar 10, 2021
Well.. If they can also cultivate rice unlike the Thailand and Indian rice, bring it to us to buy at a flat rate. It will bring about a huge competition between them and our local farmers which would make rice be affordable

3 Likes

Re: 4 Benin Republic Ministers Meet Nigerian Rice Farmers by vicfajeze: 9:17am On Mar 10, 2021
For what?

1 Like

Re: 4 Benin Republic Ministers Meet Nigerian Rice Farmers by Zeyenkoo(m): 9:17am On Mar 10, 2021
We hope it materialize in something
Re: 4 Benin Republic Ministers Meet Nigerian Rice Farmers by whela(m): 9:17am On Mar 10, 2021
So now you need small Benin republic to grow ordinary rice.... shame on you..

1 Like

Re: 4 Benin Republic Ministers Meet Nigerian Rice Farmers by Xscape047: 9:17am On Mar 10, 2021
Hunger baddd in Benin menh

1 Like

Re: 4 Benin Republic Ministers Meet Nigerian Rice Farmers by Yankiss(m): 9:18am On Mar 10, 2021
It's highly enlivening that there are countries that look up to this shithole for guardianship and tutorships. It's well.

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 4 Benin Republic Ministers Meet Nigerian Rice Farmers by shiffynaani(m): 9:18am On Mar 10, 2021
This type of news is always heart-wrenching to me.

If Nigeria can take its place as the true BIG BROTHER of Africa, I'm pretty sure all African countries will be looking up to us

But sadly, we failed to rise up to our responsibilities cry angry

2 Likes

Re: 4 Benin Republic Ministers Meet Nigerian Rice Farmers by brosom(m): 9:19am On Mar 10, 2021
This one Benin republic just dey do entanglement with Nigeria all of sudden, I can smell something is cooking up.

Let's watch and see, finger crossed!!

2 Likes

Re: 4 Benin Republic Ministers Meet Nigerian Rice Farmers by Nobody: 9:19am On Mar 10, 2021
so long it isn't Niger or Chad buhari would frustrate it because he hates anything that would give south comfort

2 Likes

Re: 4 Benin Republic Ministers Meet Nigerian Rice Farmers by Nobody: 9:19am On Mar 10, 2021
. Surrounded by countries with their Indigenes claiming to be indigenous to Nigeria..

Niger republic, Benin republic, Togo, Chad even Mali...

Is alright.

1 Like

Re: 4 Benin Republic Ministers Meet Nigerian Rice Farmers by IMASTEX: 9:19am On Mar 10, 2021
vicfajeze:
For what?
To allow smuggling of their rice

1 Like

Re: 4 Benin Republic Ministers Meet Nigerian Rice Farmers by Stockquality: 9:20am On Mar 10, 2021
Pls whr can I get and know original rice, they sold one for me for 700 and when I got home and cooked some,I had to spit out abt 3 to 4 li stones.does it mean I was scammed

1 Like

Re: 4 Benin Republic Ministers Meet Nigerian Rice Farmers by DuBLINGreenb(m): 9:20am On Mar 10, 2021
Nigeria Jaga Jaga

I remember back when our neighbours meant nothing to us, if they like let their presidents visit Nigeria, attend TB Joshua's church etc it didn't used to make news (the president's of Ghana, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Zambia and many more all came to Naija to TB Joshua)

Today Common minister will talk "open border" Nigerians will say "they want to join us and become a state in Nigeria" and become one country, it will trend on twitter and they will laugh at Nigeria and deny it. Nigerians are looking for who will suffer with them.

Now Their Minister's will meet with xyz in Nigeria and it'll make news

Yesterday I Googled 1 Somali shilling and found out it is equal to 0.66 Naira, a country that just stepped out of war torn status days ago, with nothing.

And here I was thinking I will spoil this Somali babe silly, I will buy house in Somali and ball, Mumu me I was thinking Naira will be to them what US dollars is to us cry cry

Only for me to find out the hard truth, we are not better of than they are, arggghhh I was pained.

1 Like

Re: 4 Benin Republic Ministers Meet Nigerian Rice Farmers by ayenale1(m): 9:20am On Mar 10, 2021
We'll start importing rice from Benin next year...they have come to take our rice processing skills the way Malaysia did some years back, South Africa also came and take our football organizing skills since then Nigeria league na katakata...

1 Like

Re: 4 Benin Republic Ministers Meet Nigerian Rice Farmers by superCleanworks(m): 9:20am On Mar 10, 2021
I hope they dont get kidnapped or killed during the visit because that is what the Nigerian farmers that they are coming to visit are passing through.
shey na inside rice plantation wey dem kill over 40 farmers and that case will never ever be heard of again... gone just like that.

so sad the way death is just tooooooo cheap in this country

2 Likes

Re: 4 Benin Republic Ministers Meet Nigerian Rice Farmers by PHijo(m): 9:20am On Mar 10, 2021
As usual, they will flood the Nigerian market with rice in a matter of years because Nigeria is all talk, do nothing and steal.

1 Like

Re: 4 Benin Republic Ministers Meet Nigerian Rice Farmers by Elsanchez: 9:21am On Mar 10, 2021
Them miss road?

Instead make them go indonesia
Re: 4 Benin Republic Ministers Meet Nigerian Rice Farmers by Emmy000seun(m): 9:22am On Mar 10, 2021
That's better if they can channel their effort to those places, and also relocate their fulanis to Benin.. we South are tired of them.. we will handle our farming by our self.. grin wink
Please I need a tokunbo car that is rugged for Uberbolt work in Lagos.. I am a registered driver on the platform, and my weekly remittance is certain no story which is why I need tokunbo..with verifiable guarantor.. please give me a trial and I will never disappoint you..
Re: 4 Benin Republic Ministers Meet Nigerian Rice Farmers by pickatyouu: 9:22am On Mar 10, 2021
This one way benin wan show us way forward for rice farming, be like say them wan stop to dey accept am for their ports.

Check my signature if you have a car and interested in installing a tracking device. It might interest you
Re: 4 Benin Republic Ministers Meet Nigerian Rice Farmers by Ajibaba101(m): 9:23am On Mar 10, 2021
mumu country collecting advice from bigger mumu

contact me for Canada, Germany, UK work and study abroad
visa let me add you to the gc...check my contact on my
signature
Re: 4 Benin Republic Ministers Meet Nigerian Rice Farmers by theBLOODofJESUS(f): 9:23am On Mar 10, 2021
Nigeria too the world! Agriculture to the world. Kebbi rice Pyramids to the world.
Re: 4 Benin Republic Ministers Meet Nigerian Rice Farmers by DoctorDree(m): 9:24am On Mar 10, 2021
Shuu.......What we are doing right when the rice is not circulating and the price is nothing to write home about,to make matter worse,Nigeria government will offer help to them just to act as if they are doing things right for we citizens!!!
Re: 4 Benin Republic Ministers Meet Nigerian Rice Farmers by yomalex(m): 9:25am On Mar 10, 2021
Okay
Re: 4 Benin Republic Ministers Meet Nigerian Rice Farmers by 2800net(m): 9:25am On Mar 10, 2021
ok

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Need Your Opinion On My Packaged Garri & Rice(photos) / Natural Dried FISH form Maiduguri Available in Cartons (pics) / Rice Farming Be A Millionaire In 4month

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.