Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,827 members, 7,831,687 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

Mbappe Breaks Messi's Champions League Young Goalscorer Record - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mbappe Breaks Messi's Champions League Young Goalscorer Record (20266 Views)

Phil Foden: Man City Midfielder Wins Premier League Young Player Of The Year / Mbappe Breaks Messi's UCL Record As Youngest Player To Score 15 Goals / Mbappe Breaks Another RECORD!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mbappe Breaks Messi's Champions League Young Goalscorer Record by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 1:27pm On Mar 11, 2021
ADAMUdaCOWBOY
post=99794621:

My heart was broken yesterday honestly.

Too much expectation i guess. I never believed we could progress to the next stage. This is not 2017.
But it was frustrating & painful seeing Messi miss a penalty in a match we had to overturn 1-4 1st leg defeat.

PSG are worthy winners....congratulations to them.

Time to focus on laliga and copa.
Re: Mbappe Breaks Messi's Champions League Young Goalscorer Record by BENEAMATA: 2:01pm On Mar 11, 2021
In yet another great feat , Erling Braut Haaland becomes the fastest to reach 20 goals in UCL history playing just 14 matches .
About the controversial incident that ensued after his record breaking penalty goal against sevilla that threatened a fracas and got him ( Haaland ) booked , it turns out the dortmund forward , after just scoring from his retaken penalty , screamed the same word yasser bonou , the sevilla keeper uttered to him moments beforre missing the initial spot kick ! The expression " KIRICOCHO " while not offensive , is quite common among players and rival fans accross latin americas and spain whern they wish bad luck against opponents , especially the ones who are about to score and it is actualy a name of one hard core estudiantes fan dating back to the sixties who , legend has it that opposition teams in the eighties at one time endure rotten luck in the home team venue and hardly ever win because the man KIRICOCHO was deliberately placed by the club to welcone them to the stadium ! This was suggested by their coach carlos billardo , the same who would coach Argentina to world cup triumph in '86 , when the coach noticed players get injured each time the ardent fan kiricocho attends training which is almost everytime for him and one would think billardo , a proponent of CATTENACIO will know a thing or two about bad luck !
So it was this jinx word uttered by the spanish club goalie that was uttered back to the morrocan international but quite typical , they couldn't take what they give .Not that the norwegian knew the meaning of what was said though as according to him " when he said it , i said good , it will be even better when i scored again " ! The confidence on that chap .
Thanks to PLANET FOOTBALL and FOOTBALL365.COM for thesr info .

1 Like

Re: Mbappe Breaks Messi's Champions League Young Goalscorer Record by Topmaike007(m): 2:37pm On Mar 11, 2021
MJBOLT:
grin
that doesn't stop the fact that you were humiliated again in UCL..

BELIEVE
Re: Mbappe Breaks Messi's Champions League Young Goalscorer Record by Topmaike007(m): 2:45pm On Mar 11, 2021
ddippset:
I wonder which one is more humiliating?

Getting thrashed by a European power PSG by 5-2.

or

Getting dumped out by 10 man smaller team FC Porto by 4-4.
Porto now na small team..same Porto got more UCL than Chelsea arsenal,Tottenham,Man city combined with around 75-80 trophies to there names..

Even I am shock than Buhari with this your word.

BELIEVE
Re: Mbappe Breaks Messi's Champions League Young Goalscorer Record by ddippset(m): 2:54pm On Mar 11, 2021
Topmaike007:
Porto now na small team..same Porto got more UCL than Chelsea arsenal,Tottenham,Man city combined with around 75-80 trophies to there names..

BELIEVE
In today's European football, Porto is a small team.

I doubt Porto has been in the top 20 biggest European teams in the last 10 years.
Re: Mbappe Breaks Messi's Champions League Young Goalscorer Record by ddippset(m): 2:58pm On Mar 11, 2021
BENEAMATA:
Abeg , no call porto " a smaller team " again .thanks .
I doubt Porto has been in the top 20 biggest European teams in the last 10 years

By the way i used the adjective "smaller" not "small"

Which means Porto is on a lower level than the top tier of teams in European football today.

Make una go school abeg.
Re: Mbappe Breaks Messi's Champions League Young Goalscorer Record by BENEAMATA: 4:00pm On Mar 11, 2021
ddippset:
I doubt Porto has been in the top 20 biggest European teams in the last 10 years

By the way i used the adjective "smaller" not "small"

Which means Porto is on a lower level than the top tier of teams in European football today.

Make una go school abeg.

I suggest you stsy in school and leave football punditry .At least it will save you from entangling yourself in your own web of contradiction .
First up there for instance - " porto is a small team " - take out the two most successful team in the four majour leagues and i assure no other clubs in those major leagues has more throphies !
Then , you DOUBT , FC PORTOis among major euro giants in thr last 20 years - yes , they are among the best dozen european twams of the last decade and certainly in the best ten if you push it back 2 decades .when in doubt , seek knowledge , that simple

Now your strawman arguement that porto is a smaller team not small is simply what you profer, not a fact and the little opinion you formed that is not backed by stats can't reduce them to an euro midget.nine appearances in the UCL with half a dozen knockout stage appearance before this season as well as over 50 league title alone makes one wonder from which star you are gazing down on fc porto from to label a behemoth as small , smaller , which is it ? Make up your mind .

1 Like

Re: Mbappe Breaks Messi's Champions League Young Goalscorer Record by BENEAMATA: 4:11pm On Mar 11, 2021
Topmaike007:

BELIEVE
you no tell am say porto has more trophy than the " bigger " opponent and italy's most successful club , juventus and they both get 2 ucl .
Re: Mbappe Breaks Messi's Champions League Young Goalscorer Record by Topmaike007(m): 4:59pm On Mar 11, 2021
BENEAMATA:
you no tell am say porto has more trophy than the " bigger " opponent and italy's most successful club , juventus and they both get 2 ucl .
the guy no sabi anything.him call Porto small team joke of the century cheesy
Re: Mbappe Breaks Messi's Champions League Young Goalscorer Record by bewla(m): 7:03pm On Mar 11, 2021
Legalcriminal:
If I am one of Barca player this boy suppose spend 2years for house. Cuz I go destroy his leg
And you are not
how for do now
Re: Mbappe Breaks Messi's Champions League Young Goalscorer Record by ofiko123(m): 9:18pm On Mar 11, 2021
Congratulations to Mbappe..
Re: Mbappe Breaks Messi's Champions League Young Goalscorer Record by vickydevoka(m): 4:40am On Mar 12, 2021
Haaland is there to scatter the record. 20goals at 20 years

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria's Dream Team: Match Schedule (Rio 2016 Olympics) / Libyan Coach Apologizes After Accusing Nigeria Of Using "Juju" To Win Games / AWC 2012: Nigeria Vs Cameroun (2 - 1) On Monday October-29 -2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.