Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,679 members, 7,851,335 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:14 PM

Don’t Buy Problems For Your Children - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Don’t Buy Problems For Your Children (184 Views)

Don’t Buy A Property In Makarios Luxury Place Estate Without Reading To The End / Important Notice: Don’t Buy Any House In Lekki Lagos Nigeria Until You See This. / Attention Please: Don’t Buy Any Property Anywhere, Or Invest In Any Capital Pro (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Don’t Buy Problems For Your Children by drewe20(m): 10:19am On Mar 11, 2021
Recently, I had a conversation with a client who acquired a plot of land in Ikorodu for his kids and wanted to share it between them (half plot each). When we discussed the cost of the survey, he was surprised to know that he had to pay full survey fees for both of them since each survey will be in a different name. Then he came up with the idea of using one survey plan for both of them to reduce cost. I told him it could be done that way but that he should think about it well. A few seconds later he said “no, let us prepare separate survey plans. I don’t want them to quarrel over any property in the future. I want separate documents for each one. I want each of them to make their own decision about what they want to do about any property I acquire for them in the future without consulting the other. Don’t put them together please”.

In my opinion, this man made a good decision. It will cost him more to prepare separate title documents for his 2 kids now but that extra cost is the cost of peace of mind for everyone in the future and it is worth paying for.

A lot of families have had bitter experiences with this. As a mother/father, whatever you can do today to prevent it from happening to your family is worth doing.

Don’t buy problems for your children.

https://oticsurveys.com/dont-buy-problem-for-your-children/

www.oticsurveys.com/blog

Follow us now
Twitter @oticsurveys
Instagram @oticsurveys

(1) (Reply)

Bamboo And Roofing Wood Supply / Need Help On Which Ceiling Change / Midnight Fire Razes Auto Spare Parts Worth Millions Of Naira At Agodi Gate In Ib

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.