Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,780 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

It Is Wrong To Say , '' No One Is Perfect'' . - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / It Is Wrong To Say , '' No One Is Perfect'' . (217 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church / Why It Is Wrong To Tell Nigerians To Dump God Because Of The Prosperity In China / Why It Is Wrong To Be Addressed As "Daddy G.O" And The Likes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It Is Wrong To Say , '' No One Is Perfect'' . by enilove(m): 12:17pm On Mar 12, 2021
In this dispensation of grace , it is wrong to think it is not possible for someone to be perfect , as commanded by our Lord Jesus Christ :

Matthew 5:48 KJV
Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

This is the work of the Holy Spirit after accepting Jesus as your Lord and saviour. The Holy Spirit will help you to perfect holiness and to ultimately bear the fruits of the Holy Spirit.

When the Nine fruit of the Holy Spirit are complete in your life , you become a perfect human being and heavenly candidate .

It means you are living in the spirit and will not be able to fulfil the works of the flesh :

Galatians 5:16,19-21 KJV
This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

[19] Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these ; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
[20] Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, [21] Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

It is there4 possible to have Thousands of people living among us who are perfect b4 God.
This is what we should pursue to enter the kingdom of God.
Re: It Is Wrong To Say , '' No One Is Perfect'' . by InfernoNig: 12:25pm On Mar 12, 2021
We are merely humans with so much flaws in us.
Re: It Is Wrong To Say , '' No One Is Perfect'' . by enilove(m): 12:32pm On Mar 12, 2021
InfernoNig:

When you are born again , the Holy Spirit will help you to overcome those flaws and you do away with sins and have received the baptism of the Holy spirit , like that of the time of Pentecost , this flaws will become strange to you.
Re: It Is Wrong To Say , '' No One Is Perfect'' . by Kobojunkie: 12:38pm On Mar 12, 2021
enilove:
In this dispensation of grace , it is wrong to think it is not possible for someone to be perfect , as commanded by our Lord Jesus Christ :

Matthew 5:48 KJV
Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

This is the work of the Holy Spirit after accepting Jesus as your Lord and saviour. The Holy Spirit will help you to perfect holiness and to ultimately bear the fruits of the Holy Spirit.

It is there4 possible to have Thousands of people living among us who are perfect b4 God.
This is what we should pursue to enter the kingdom of God.
you are very correct there! Jesus Christ Himself declared that those who accept( trust) and obey His teachings are those who are lead by His Spirit into living above Sin itself - I.e. they no longer live in disobedience, not are they slaves to sin. But instead are become Sons of God.

1 Like

Re: It Is Wrong To Say , '' No One Is Perfect'' . by Kobojunkie: 12:42pm On Mar 12, 2021
InfernoNig:

Sin is disobedience of the commandments and teachings of Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ calls on you to choose instead to accept ( trust) and obey His teachings if truly you want to live above sin. It is up to to make that initial moment by moment decision to begin stepping in the right direction so that His Spirit can then come in and help you realize what Jesus Christ said is True of the Word of God.

1 Like

Re: It Is Wrong To Say , '' No One Is Perfect'' . by enilove(m): 3:24pm On Mar 12, 2021
Kobojunkie:

Sin is disobedience of the commandments and teachings of Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ calls on you to choose instead to accept ( trust) and obey His teachings if truly you want to live above sin. It is up to to make that initial moment by moment decision to begin stepping in the right direction so that His Spirit can then come in and help you realize what Jesus Christ said is True of the Word of God.

God bless you gidi gan.

I thought I was the only having this understanding .

I think it is a lie spread by the devil through his agents to make people compromise or under play sin .

Without holiness or perfection who can make heaven ?
Re: It Is Wrong To Say , '' No One Is Perfect'' . by Kobojunkie: 3:43pm On Mar 12, 2021
enilove:
God bless you gidi gan.
I thought I was the only having this understanding .
I think it is a lie spread by the devil through his agents to make people compromise or under play sin .
Without holiness or perfection who can make heaven ?
Jesus Christ, the very Truth of God, is the one who called His followers to live a life that is perfect, just as their Father in Heaven is perfect. And since we are all called to accept(Trust) and obey His teachings, it is wisdom to believe that not only is what He said possible and right but also the Truth as far as God is concerned.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Christianity: The Story Of Many Christian's / God Has Given Approval For N1 Million To Be Shared To Each Nigerian – (video) / LOVE: Catholic Church Builds A Mosque For The Muslim Community- Tiz Naija

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.