Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,678 members, 7,844,233 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 04:48 PM

From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. - Car Talk (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. (33288 Views)

I Want To Slap Somebody At Radautoworks / Gazzuzz: Dubious, Insultive And An Arrogant Being / My Second Coming To Radautoworks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by radautoworks: 2:06am On Apr 08, 2021
Crocif:

The areas in red I won't read because you forced me to give the video evidence of the smoke now you want to explain it away.

The other areas I struck out are demonstrably false. Everything about the differential was provided by Glen not me and I paid him extra for it. The evidence can be provided.

You are surprised I took the vehicle on a long journey? Amazing. The point of doing that much work was to travel with it and YOU told everyone that the vehicle was roadworthy. I guess I was wrong to trust your professional opinion. I apologise for this.

The advert on your website:

Crocif:

Preliminary inspection this morning shows the following:

1) Blue smoke from the exhaust. Maybe it's early to say if it will continue or stop. I Will check this again and make a video if it continues.
2) Lights on the dashboard. Including the "check engine" light.
3) "Low oil level" warning light still pings.
4) For some reason the technician did not replace that plastic thingy used to protect the battery terminals from touching the body of the vehicle. Had to work on that myself this morning because there was a spark.
5) I hear some strange noise under the vehicle. At the back. I suspect it may be that the spare tire is loose.
6) Heard some strange noise from the engine this morning when I started the vehicle but that has since stopped.

That's the status this morning. I will check again this afternoon and update.

Thank you for the video. As stated multiple times and documented when the vehicle returned, there was no blue smoke from your very first visit despite you repeatedly saying there was. That's why I requested the video. Blue smoke is different from white/grey smoke. There was some white/grey smoke on your return (previously posted in video) which is why Glen did your valve seals for free with the seals you provided. Glen also vehemently denies your comment above as we do not source third party parts period for this exact reason.

My question was why, when you spent so much time and energy saying we didn't know what we were doing, you would go on a journey without a third party opinion especially when the jury was still out in the work we did. The only reason I can imagine is that you didn't actually believe the car to have severe problems.

As for everything else, I wish you the best and am glad you are okay. Please get high quality parts as the tokunbo ones are hit or miss. It will remove a lot of unnecessary heartache down the line. I will say again, YOU DO NOT NEED A REPLACEMENT ENGINE.

EDIT: is there a sweetish smell accompanying the smoke?

2 Likes

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by DUNKA(m): 4:24am On Apr 08, 2021
Crocif:

The areas in red I won't read because you forced me to give the video evidence of the smoke now you want to explain it away.

The other areas I struck out are demonstrably false. Everything about the differential was provided by Glen not me and I paid him extra for it. The evidence can be provided.

You are surprised I took the vehicle on a long journey? Amazing. The point of doing that much work was to travel with it and YOU told everyone that the vehicle was roadworthy. I guess I was wrong to trust your professional opinion. I apologise for this.

Mazi the only thing I can say is sorry for your loss. We have 15 year old illiterates that can take apart an engine and couple it back fixing a car in this our age and time I repeat is not quantum physics. This should be an eye opener that all that glitters is not gold. Beware of packaging the grass always looks greener on the other side. Too bad

10 Likes

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by Springboot: 7:35am On Apr 08, 2021
radautoworks:

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this and glad you are okay.

That much smoke means most likely bad valve seals or the rings. If the smoke is at startup after being parked for a while and eases off (like it seems to in the video), it is the valve seals- which we did not provide. YOU DO NOT, I REPEAT, YOU DO NOT NEED A NEW ENGINE. when parked for a while, the oil is leaking through the valve seals into the exhaust. When the car is started, it burns off giving the white smoke you see. If it was the rings, the smoke would not stop or ease off. No matter where you go next, do not let them sell you an engine. Simply get high quality valve seals and have them installed.

P2647 has to do with the VVT which was leaking badly. We corrected the leak because a lot of the time that clears the code and saves you having to buy a sensor. In addition, compared to your other problems, the sensor was not considered a major issue.

On the P0430 catalytic converter code, as you see below, it was not present at either visit however the oxygen sensor (P2251 & P0134) we told you about is on the same bank as the catalytic converter that is now throwing a code which is not uncommon.

As far as the rear differential, when we looked at it, it had a bad seal which you also provided and we replaced. Had it been bad, there would have been an unmistakeable roaring sound when the car was driven. I don't know what, if any, bad roads may have damaged your differential but the only problem with it when it came to us was the seal.

Given how displeased you were, I'm surprised you embarked on a long distance journey without a third party check which would have removed all ambiguity. I was anxiously eagerly awaiting the results. As much as I sympathize, we cannot bear responsibility for third party parts. We took the motor apart twice because of the oil pump (another third party part).

I wish you all the best but can no longer invest time and money into this vehicle unless we use our own parts.

Dude! Can you stop giving excuses, going thru the post you said it repeatedly that his vehicle was good to go and your tech Glenn took it for road test several times, now you're trying to play your way round the issue, your tech does not have an idea how to fix these things, just apologize and move on, too much grammar does not equate to technical know how. Your workshop failed the guy, simple.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by Crocif: 7:49am On Apr 08, 2021
DUNKA:
Mazi the only thing I can say is sorry for your loss. We have 15 year old illiterates that can take apart an engine and couple it back fixing a car in this our age and time I repeat is not quantum physics. This should be an eye opener that all that glitters is not gold. Beware of packaging the grass always looks greener on the other side. Too bad

Lol...@ sorry for your loss.

Thanks brah.

Yeah, quite an eye opener though I still believe we have honest technicians out there who know what they are doing even though they are few.

With the damage they caused to my rear differential and the blatant denial I am now very cautious.

Though I am still hopeful that the nairalander who offered to help check the car would identify all areas that require rework and possibly proffer lasting solutions.

Thanks again.
Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by adanny01(m): 8:12am On Apr 08, 2021
Crocif:

Lol...@ sorry for your loss.

Thanks brah.

Yeah, quite an eye opener though I still believe we have honest technicians out there who know what they are doing even though they are few.

With the damage they caused to my rear differential and the blatant denial I am now very cautious.

Though I am still hopeful that the nairalander who offered to help check the car would identify all areas that require rework and possibly proffer lasting solutions.

Thanks again.

Sorry for all the troubles you went through.

Some problems can be difficult to fix and some require multiple trial and error. I believe this has come as a lesson and has taught you 2 or more things about cars.

I sincerely suggest you move on by maybe creating a new thread where advices can be given as you document your problems and repairs.

4 Likes

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by adanny01(m): 8:42am On Apr 08, 2021
radautoworks:

Thank you for the video. As stated multiple times and documented when the vehicle returned, there was no blue smoke from your very first visit despite you repeatedly saying there was. That's why I requested the video. Blue smoke is different from white/grey smoke. There was some white/grey smoke on your return (previously posted in video) which is why Glen did your valve seals for free with the seals you provided. Glen also vehemently denies your comment above as we do not source third party parts period for this exact reason.

My question was why, when you spent so much time and energy saying we didn't know what we were doing, you would go on a journey without a third party opinion especially when the jury was still out in the work we did. The only reason I can imagine is that you didn't actually believe the car to have severe problems.

As for everything else, I wish you the best and am glad you are okay. Please get high quality parts as the tokunbo ones are hit or miss. It will remove a lot of unnecessary heartache down the line. I will say again, YOU DO NOT NEED A REPLACEMENT ENGINE.

Madam, changing an engine is a choice and it is not yours to make.

What if that OEM valve stem seals you suggest plus labour and other materials cost ¾ of the cost of an engine replacement? What if he just wants to kill all the birds with one stone and he can afford to? After all that initial 1.3m could get a sound engine eliminating all the seals, the oil pump, sump and everything about the engine that you have so far done without success.

You stock valve stem seals if I am not mistaking but you don't stock tokumbo engines, isn't it obvious why you are against an engine replacement. Before you fixed his car initially, you were supposed to do a comparative cost analysis if he doesn't know what to do but you led him in a perilous path.

Note that everything you've done on that engine so far was throwing money in a shredder as long as the problem was still there.

Your clients do have opinions that could differ from yours so learn to be a little flexible. Also look at the economic aspect of whatever solution you provide.

Your blaming third party parts is just saving face.

Please say less from now on

17 Likes

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by Springboot: 8:59am On Apr 08, 2021
adanny01:

What if that OEM valve stem seals you suggest plus labour and other materials cost ¾ of the cost of an engine replacement? What if he just wants to kill all the birds with one stone and he can afford to? After all that initial 1.3m could get a sound engine eliminating all the seals, the oil pump, sump and everything about the engine that you have so far done without success.

You stock valve stem seals if I am not mistaking but you don't stock tokumbo engines, isn't it obvious why you are against an engine replacement. Before you fixed his car initially, you were supposed to do a comparative cost analysis if he doesn't know what to do but you led him in a perilous path.

Note that everything you've done on that engine so far was throwing money in a shredder as long as the problem was still there.

Your clients do have opinions that could differ from yours so learn to be a little flexible. Also look at the economic aspect of whatever solution you provide.

Perfectly said.

2 Likes

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by Inception(m): 10:27am On Apr 08, 2021
adanny01:

Spoke like a true Engineer.
From a fellow Engineer.

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by Kewtt: 10:30am On Apr 08, 2021
DUNKA:
My experience has been as follows:

1. Buy a personal top grade obd II scanner
2. Scan for the codes
3. Google the codes for likely solutions and parts
4. GOOGLE SOME MORE grin
5. Get a kazeem and direct him based on your scan and Google results

It would save you the option of falling in to a money pit trap

My 2 kobo
Google mechanic advising Yahoo mechanic

2 Likes

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by Inception(m): 10:30am On Apr 08, 2021
adanny01:

Spoke like a true Engineer.
From a fellow Engineer.

Radautoworks, i think its time you spoke less and less on this matter.
It is not helping the issue at hand to say the least.

3 Likes

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by Kewtt: 10:32am On Apr 08, 2021
radautoworks:

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this and glad you are okay.

That much smoke means most likely bad valve seals or the rings. If the smoke is at startup after being parked for a while and eases off (like it seems to in the video), it is the valve seals- which we did not provide. YOU DO NOT, I REPEAT, YOU DO NOT NEED A NEW ENGINE. when parked for a while, the oil is leaking through the valve seals into the exhaust. When the car is started, it burns off giving the white smoke you see. If it was the rings, the smoke would not stop or ease off. No matter where you go next, do not let them sell you an engine. Simply get high quality valve seals and have them installed.

P2647 has to do with the VVT which was leaking badly. We corrected the leak because a lot of the time that clears the code and saves you having to buy a sensor. In addition, compared to your other problems, the sensor was not considered a major issue.

On the P0430 catalytic converter code, as you see below, it was not present at either visit however the oxygen sensor (P2251 & P0134) we told you about is on the same bank as the catalytic converter that is now throwing a code which is not uncommon.

As far as the rear differential, when we looked at it, it had a bad seal which you also provided and we replaced. Had it been bad, there would have been an unmistakeable roaring sound when the car was driven. I don't know what, if any, bad roads may have damaged your differential but the only problem with it when it came to us was the seal.

Given how displeased you were, I'm surprised you embarked on a long distance journey without a third party check which would have removed all ambiguity. I was anxiously eagerly awaiting the results. As much as I sympathize, we cannot bear responsibility for third party parts. We took the motor apart twice because of the oil pump (another third party part).

I wish you all the best but can no longer invest time and money into this vehicle unless we use our own parts.

Please SHUT UP! Thank you!

5 Likes

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by Kewtt: 10:34am On Apr 08, 2021
Crocif:

@bolded proves my long term suspicion.
Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by Kewtt: 10:35am On Apr 08, 2021
radautoworks:

You have no SHAME. YOU'RE TOTALLY SHAMELESS! Completely SHAMELESS

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by thebigkendo(m): 10:59am On Apr 08, 2021
Wahala truly be like bicycle

10 Likes

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by Springboot: 12:23pm On Apr 08, 2021
Kewtt:

Why the insults? The guy only took a job that's beyond his expertise, I'm sure there are other satisfied customers, there's no need for the insults.

11 Likes

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by chillex8(m): 12:32pm On Apr 08, 2021
Springboot:

Why the insults? The guy only took a job that's beyond his expertise, I'm sure there are other satisfied customers, there's no need for the insults.
Which guy? undecided

3 Likes

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by DUNKA(m): 12:33pm On Apr 08, 2021
chillex8:

Which guy? undecided
I wonder oh grin
Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by Springboot: 12:34pm On Apr 08, 2021
chillex8:

Which guy? undecided

The radauto mech

1 Like

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by Alfred74: 1:15pm On Apr 08, 2021
Springboot:

The radauto mech
You mean the Kingsway,expensive try and error mechanic grin

6 Likes

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by radautoworks: 2:03pm On Apr 08, 2021
Correction, we DO sell motors and they come with warranties. Have a nice day.

1 Like

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by Aaaaarghmed(m): 2:24pm On Apr 08, 2021
iiii
Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by Aaaaarghmed(m): 2:26pm On Apr 08, 2021
Kewtt:

you do not need to resort to insults na,things can go wrong in this line of business and what matters is for both parties to reach a common ground.At least ii know they record more success than failures.

10 Likes

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by adanny01(m): 5:20pm On Apr 08, 2021
radautoworks:
Correction, we DO sell motors and they come with warranties. Have a nice day.

So you do sell tokumbo engines, why am I surprised? And you don't want to source toks ECU

Why didn't you consider the most viable option between fix or replace.

And you are still against the replacement when you had your chance (TWICE). What will you do differently if you were asked by op to fix it considering he still has a warranty.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by Crocif: 5:57pm On Apr 08, 2021
adanny01:

So you do sell tokumbo engines, why am I surprised? And you don't want to source toks ECU

Why didn't you consider the most viable option between fix or replace.

And you are still against the replacement when you had your chance (TWICE). What will you do differently if you were asked by op to fix it considering he still has a warranty.

Thanks, brah.

However, I give up my right to any more warranty if any. There are a number of things I can take but not the lying and being repeatedly told how a business transaction has metamorphosed into a charitable venture.

14 Likes

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by sauceEEP(m): 7:03pm On Apr 08, 2021
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by greatbrian(m): 9:47pm On Apr 08, 2021
uboma:
I am following...

Been a while bro, how's life
Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by uboma(m): 9:54pm On Apr 08, 2021
greatbrian:

Been a while bro, how's life

I am well, thank you Sir.

True, it's been a while. I hope you are doing good..
Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by greatbrian(m): 10:11pm On Apr 08, 2021
uboma:

I am well, thank you Sir.

True, it's been a while. I hope you are doing good..

Am just getting older each day. Tried your line some days ago didn't go through. Place a call to my glo line if you can.
Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by uboma(m): 10:17pm On Apr 08, 2021
greatbrian:

Am just getting older each day. Tried your line some days ago didn't go through. Place a call to my glo line if you can.

Noted Sir. Thank you
Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by greatbrian(m): 10:40pm On Apr 08, 2021
asamwababy:
Your dullness is public knowledge.

Asking Rad what she did on the car, appointed spokesman.

The owner only knows how to ask questions that are off point.

Instead of you to beg him grin to stick to his purpose of visit rather than enforcing his rights behind a keypad. grin

Are you this stupid or you are trying hard to be one.

I doubt you have a car though talk more of going through half of what op went through. Dear radautoworks, I love your maturity kindly exonerate yourself from low life's like thus mofo. They are bad for your business and have little or nothing to loose

4 Likes

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by greatbrian(m): 10:54pm On Apr 08, 2021
shortgun:
This is why this country will not move any inch towards development.
Our problem is not the political leaders...the problem is with us Nigerians.
I see people commending Radautoworks for a job well done and for her maturity... I ask for what exactly angry
Someone failed to deliver a service she was paid for over and over yet people are praising her...how ?
Radautoworks I've always taught you will be different but you have proven with this thread that you have limited knowledge about auto repairs and no different from the so called kassims.

That you spent years in the US doesn't mean you are skilled in what you claim to do.

Your excuse now is that the car was bought for 400k...and so whatangry

You know OP got the vehicle for free and a lemon yet you charged him exorbitant fees to fix it? without any results?

You brought the amount he bought the vehicle here to make mockery of someone that pays your bills? ...when he drives by people will recognize him as the man that bought a vehicle for 400k angry

What exactly do you want to achieve with mocking a Man that feeds you?
There's no professionalism in the way you have treated this man and his vehicle.

I put it to you that you are not in anyway better than the road side mechanics...the only difference I see here is your ability to con the gullible.

I am an angry man right now.
Nonsense!

Seriously the 400k part really made me feel the lady aunt no different from that asambaby. Dude paid !millions to fix a car he bought for 400k and who the hell will believe a 08 MDX was Boughy for that price if not to score cheap points. Another one customer the rad auto will never have is me or anyone close to me. Sooooo annoying reading the part and immature.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by greatbrian(m): 11:10pm On Apr 08, 2021
mexxy1:
Mistakes have been made by both parties but, in all honesty, Radautos have gone out of their way to sort the issues.

The vehicle was obviously abused prior to the OP purchasing it.

Op, I know it's not easy considering the funds put in but, since the funds were mainly spent on parts, which were also installed, I think it's not all a loss for you. May your source be replenished.

Just like many others have suggested, at this point, both parties should count their losses and move on. No need dragging this issue longer.

After the first repair, op categorically stated that the said company can't fix it and won't like to increase his stress and heart beat but the lady was of the impression it can be fixed. And after much ado op succumb to pressure and took it back for a revisit. Personal I feel there is a lot not said by op in his bid to play calm and mature.

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (22) (Reply)

FRSC: Using Google Map While Driving Is A Serious Offence / Man Fined For Strapping Car To A Hot Air Balloon & Flying It 98ft Over The City / Moment Massive Flooding Almost Sweeps Away A Truck

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.